• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
View attachment 333499
RC Bomb Roader

A combination of the triple red shell, bomb omb, and splatoon auto bomb item, the Bomb Roader is a bomb omb on wheels that will home in on the target and explode like a normal bomb omb, it will only work on the ground however so it will fall into pits, you can toss a maximum of 3 per special item get.
Resubmitting this item

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Bob-omb Kamikaze Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Giga Bob-omb Gorgonzales Gorgonzales
RC Bomb Roader Glubbfubb Glubbfubb

VOTE HERE

So Before we move onto the next job I want to announce what the DLC plan will be for this game

They will be split up into DLC Packs (The amount will be decided later)

They will consist of
-2 Cups (1 consisting of all new tracks and another consisting of all Retro tracks)
-4 characters
-Costumes
-2 Battle Tracks (1 new 1 retro)
-New Kart Parts

if there are any other suggestions people have for DLC I will hear them out

Job 75

Submit your idea for this games Rainbow Road

And thus this is the final base game job. Submit your concept for Rainbow Road.

And also Glider and Wheel submissions are open.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think that DLC concept is fair - how will crossovers be handled though? A mix of crossover content and Mario content in each pack like in 8D, or some packs that are exclusively crossovers and some that are exclusively Mario?

Also, I think DLC modes could be good - though I think those'd be better either free or seperate DLC.

Here are some less gimmicky wheels and gliders
Bicycle wheels
Bowser Kite
Waluigi Wing
Silver Bells
Brown Spiky Monster
Rainbow

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I think that DLC concept is fair - how will crossovers be handled though? A mix of crossover content and Mario content in each pack like in 8D, or some packs that are exclusively crossovers and some that are exclusively Mario?

Also, I think DLC modes could be good - though I think those'd be better either free or seperate DLC.

Here are some less gimmicky wheels and gliders
Bicycle wheels
Bowser Kite
Waluigi Wing
Silver Bells
Brown Spiky Monster
Rainbow
The Crossovers would be a mix like 8 but depending on how many DLC packs we decide to add there could be themed packs.

New Gamemodes will be added down the line as free updates.

JOB 75
RAINBOW ROAD (Mario Kart SGP)
It would be themed after Solar System.

After Start, players go from Earth straight upwards into Sky and Space and they go like in Rainbow Road.
Then, where first road ends, you land on Moon with low Gravity and small ramps that instantly transist you into Glide. After going on Moon, you spot a Giant Ramp that leads you to another Road, but its Anti-Gravity part that twirls you to Mars.
On Mars, you're going on road, where the Hazards are Dust Devils, which they knockback you when you touch them. After that part, you notice a way that leads you to Jupiter that ends with Ramp on Gassy Road.
On Gassy Jupiter, you're going on Anti-gravity rainbow track that goes through view-blocking gas that is another Hazard and afterwards, you finds a ramp that leads on Saturn while you're turning on right.
On Saturn, which is 6th Planet of Solar System, you're half-orbit the Saturn on Ring that can be drifting Part and after another ride on Planet, you're transiting to Portal Rift that leads you to Venus.
On Venus, there are Storms as Hazard that acts like Lightning item that shrinks you for while.
And after being on Venus, you're going on part of Rainbow Road and the part has shape of Wii RAINBOW ROAD with Anti-gravity Parts that you can drift on. After that, you're going on Turbo Aerial Tunnet that glides you on Earth with Super Sonic Speed and you land on part before the Finish line, which is Mushroom Kingdom with Rainbow Road street that ends the Race. This track loops.

There are some aesthetic borrowed from like Satellites from MK8 and Constellations that resemble neons from N64 Rainbow Road in Background. Also, there is Comet Observatory in Background along with Mercury, Uranus, Neptune and even Dwarf Planet Pluto. Also, there are some Nebulas in Space and the Moon is based on SMO and MK8 design along with Mushroom Kingdom that Begins and Ends the Race that is based on SMO design. And that would be Biggest Rainbow Road in Mario Kart History.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-5.jpg

Heaven and Heck
Rainbow Road Submssion

I think as a sort of spiritual sequal to 8's rainbow road, we should go beyond the space theme and go into something a little more abstract.

The first lap you find yourself on a strange shrine like location made up of rainbow crystals, you can see the constellations of various mario characters in the distance. The main obstacles in this phase comes in the form of heart pillars on the edge of the course which create lightning bolts that travel from one heart pillar to another, as well as Crystal Chain Chomp Balls that roll across the course I'm the middle bowl like area. For a rainbow road this track is quite basic with only a few sharp turns and big jumps over bottomless pits, but there is a twist.
downloadfile-6.jpg

Suddenly the main arch changes color from a marble white to a sickly purple, you and the other racers get teleported to a strange area in space, an area of hellish jungles and strange purple water, this is the Underwhere and it usee a color scheme of cool colors (purple, green, and blue). This place is extremely dangerous as the native skellobits patrol this area, they are extremely fast and will use there spears to try to impale and stun the racers, the course is designed as a downhill straightaway with a large curve at the end, like all rainbow road tracks gained rails are quite lacking, but now you have to content with skellobits raining down spears and an underwater section featuring the infamous underhands which try to grap you and place you down the abyss, the last curve before the now glowing white gate has you on a series of Rapids with Skellobit skulls acting a boulders.
downloadfile-7.jpg

After entering that glowing gate you access the final section, deep in the Overthere, a heavenly area inhabited by the Nimbis who act as spectators, this area is structure like a lap course, as a stage in the clouds you have to content with gusts of wind, ruff puff clouds dropping electricity, and para beetles acting as goombas, there is even a gaint para beetle where you have to ride on in a sharp curve. There is marble architecture with various mairo characters carved on them, mainly Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Bowser in there Paper Mario incarnations and the sky and clouds is colored in warm colors (Red, Yellow, and Orange), after a final rainbow bridge you finally enter the finish line where all the different types of spectators you encountered cheer you on.
downloadfile-8.jpg

May not be the most difficult rainbow roads but I want this course to act like a journey across different realms instead of a single gauntlet.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rainbow Road submission: "Neptune's Stardust Rain"
A very standard rainbow road aesthetically, however it is also very hard with sharp turns, next to no gaurd rails, and the return of the ground-clipping Chain Chomps of MK64. It has 4 laps - first is anti-gravity, then water (in the seas of Neptune), then glider, then normal race. The normal race portion has EXTREMELY tight driving space, water is the only portion with any gaurd rails, glider has supernova suns to dodge, and anti-gravity has the chain chomps of 64 return.

The codename is gained from the Neptune portion, as well as the stardust rain - colourful stardust falls to the ground, this is mostly aesthetic - however, big Star Bits will also rain downwards, creating boosts pads. Those boost pads will sometimes show up after the place they land has already had a few racers passed.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 75:
Rainbow Road Prisma:
1634247877836.png

The starting line for Rainbow Road takes place in a lab in front of a machine that converts people into light and puts them through a giant prism that has them drive along the new Rainbow Road. The first lap has you traveling along the rainbow and through the Peach's Castle, the first lap finishing by crossing through the stained-glass Peach on the front. Along the way, you'll find rainbow-colored Goombas and Paratroopas walking on and flying over the track respectively, serving as obstacles. After going through the stained glass window of Peach's Castle, you bounce off mirrors going across the whole room until you reach a large observatory telescope, which crosses the second lap and ascends you upwards to Rosalina's Comet Observatory. Afterward, you are greeted by fascinated Lumas who watch the light-ified racers driving along a rainbow created by the giant prism. Then, the final lap is crossed by going through Rosalina's wand, which is utterly massive in comparison, and you the race ends with the karts parked on the Comet Observatory.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 75:

In all honesty, this thing is packed like a sardine can, bringing so many characters together while the return of Special Items is also really fun. If this were an actual game, I'd play it. As far as DLC goes, though, I want things to get even crazier. I wanna present things that are especially unusual, even for what we have in the base game already. I'd be happy to suggest some characters for if whatever 3rd party character jobs we may get, but in all honesty, I want post-game to be 15 out of 10 on the weirdness scale.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 75

I think the DLC should include 8 new characters, 4 from first party franchises, and 4 from third party franchises, and since there is a double dash mode I think each franchise should be represented by 2 racers each so they can have a partner, meaning 4 franchises will be represented in the DLC in total. We should also focus on fleshing out the tracks more by including track map jobs as well as start battle course map jobs. Aside from that I want some boss fights and unique challenges for each track in this game for some more single player content, we could also make a job where we design commercials for the game like a Nintendo direct.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Since Mario Kart is such a big - collossal even - seller, I don't see any in-universe reason to not keep this thread's DLC era going forever (other than ethics but let's turn off that side of our brain, shall we?). I like the idea of a fake commercial job - perhaps writing fake directs would be fun?

Job 75:
The roster looks good for Base Game.
Speaking of DLC, we could get 8 Packs with 4 Playables, 4 new tracks, new Items, new skins and etc. The DLC guest characters are gonna be only 1st & 2nd Parties, while 3rd Parties are gonna be off the Table. (Not gonna be mean, but only 3rd Parties can be Sonic, Megaman, Banjo-Kazooie and Pacman, but others are off the Table like Tails or Ryu)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 75:
The roster looks good for Base Game.
Speaking of DLC, we could get 8 Packs with 4 Playables, 4 new tracks, new Items, new skins and etc. The DLC guest characters are gonna be only 1st & 2nd Parties, while 3rd Parties are gonna be off the Table. (Not gonna be mean, but only 3rd Parties can be Sonic, Megaman, Banjo-Kazooie and Pacman, but others are off the Table like Tails or Ryu)
2nd party characters are movie and tv show characters, but I understand what your going with

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
In terms of 3rd parties - I'm open to them, especially Sonic and Tails speficially, and would actually kinda prefer them over more Nintendo guests. Hell, non-game characters would be cool as hell too. I'm sure a lot of the fictional children playing our fictional game would have their minds blown if SpongeBob got in Mario Kart.

In terms of 3rd parties - I'm open to them, especially Sonic and Tails speficially, and would actually kinda prefer them over more Nintendo guests. Hell, non-game characters would be cool as hell too. I'm sure a lot of the fictional children playing our fictional game would have their minds blown if SpongeBob got in Mario Kart.
Okey Wario Cubed. Guess some 3RD Parties can be allowed.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I think we should focus on video game characters, it's more believable if this was an official product

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think we should focus on video game characters, it's more believable if this was an official product
I dunno, we've been seeing a lot of collabs between games and non-game IP lately - Brawlhalla and Fortnite being the big ones - all things considered the only thing that'd stop SpongeBob from getting into Mario Kart, assuming Nintendo wanted it, is a language and cultural barrier. I think third party and non-game content would be worth voting over, just like we did with crossovers at all when the thread started.

Perhaps if we allow the Sanics and Spunch Bops it'd be good to make a pattern for themes? Like say:

Mario - Nintendo crossover - 3P game crossover - non game crossover - Mario - Nintendo - 3P - non game (loop)

That's just an example and all of them would have Mario content.

Perhaps even limit us to just one non-game crossover that we have to use wisely.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This feedback has been great, The biggest thing I've gathered is most people are open to the idea of Third Party content and things should get wild.

It's time to start working on the first DLC pack,

Job 76

Submit a returning Nintendo character and submit a new Nintendo character.

The character does not have to be from Mario but it can be from Mario.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Returning Nintendo character: Babies

Much like the Koopalings, those ire-inducing little toddlers share a spot. Baby Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina would be added by default should they win, and we could add others like Baby Wario later.

New Nintendo character: Duck Hunt

One of Nintendo's most iconic characters, sticking in 80s kids' minds with just 13 frames of animation needed - Duck Hunt's infamous dog would team up with the duck just like in Smash, with the duck carrying items while the dog steers.

Job 76:
Returning: Inkling

I nominate Inkling, because of Splatoon Popularity and she appeared in MK8 Deluxe, the why not she can join the Roster Again with her special item that could block vision with its ink?

Newcomer: Fox:

I pick Fox, because he is also Popular Nintendo that changed whole Nintendo History due his game being 3D rendered with bizarre Polygons on SNES with FX Chip. Also, he is Popular in Smash as Star Fox rep that could be in Racing game, since Retro Studios rumored that they're working on Star Fox racing and due to Status about Fox racing Mario, why can't we just Add him into roster for Star Fox representative in Mario Kart SPG? Also, his Special item could Arwing that could act like Bullet Bill, but you also shoot Smasrt Bombs at enemies like Fox in his Main Series.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #76:
Returning Nintendo character: Honey Queen
4414F1D3-FD4B-44A9-B5EA-DD9D85067065.png

I nominated Honey Queen just for the big shock factor of her returning for DLC.

New Nintendo Character: Kirby
C5588DC1-86E9-4CA6-9E29-D19772B5BF26.png

It always felt weird to many people that Kirby never got in to Mario Kart 8, especially with the Rosalina & Luma reveal trailer. Kirby is a really iconic Nintendo character. Kirby is also no stranger to racing games, with Kirby: Air Ride. Kirby and his world would fit really well into the Mario Kart series.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-27.jpg

Returning
Rob
A popular choice for mario kart ds fans, he was the first crossover character in mario kart and so should be the first to return

downloadfile-15.jpg

Newcomer Pikmin
These creatures are quite popular and there unique designs would translate well to Mario Kart, we even have alternate colors for them down.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Top Bottom