• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates - Final Fantasy Battles - a New Final Fantasy Fighter

How big should our roster be?

Votes: 4 66.7%

Votes: 1 16.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I’ll go with Onion Knight, which was the default class for III characters, and an Onion Knight is the FFIII character primarily used in Dissidia

First and fourth Onion Knight battle sprite (Famicom).
Okay. So my submission is an original design of Cid and he takes inspiration from all the appearences of Cid for his attacks.

Garland
The main villain in the original Final Fantasy. It would be good to get some more villians, and I always felt this guy was really cool. We don't have any big heavies on the roster. He would be a hard hitting force of nature, using his sword and dark magic.

Could I ask people to please vote on the two polls in our last round post? We haven't had any votes yet.

Fighter submissions will stay open till tomorrow night.
White Mage HOLY **** WHITE MAGE BALLIN'?!

White Mage is a recurring class in the Final Fantasy series who made their debut appearance in the first game in the series. They would use their Mario Hoops design in FF Battles, but would have a male alt based on said Mario Hoops design. They would fight up close with a mystical staff, but could get away quickly when overwhelmed, like a less annoying Sonic.
Firion (FF2)

Firion is the main character of Final Fantasy 2 and is a weapon master
View attachment 349623
The Red Mage

Frequently the most overlooked class when people are talking about FF classes, the ability to use swords as well as magic is a wonderful fit for a fighting game.
Voting for your top three. Same rules as last time.
In text form:
1. Onion Knight (FFIII) - Pupp135 Pupp135
2. Cid (General) - Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
3. Garland (FFI) - me
4. White Mage (General) - Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
5. Firion (FFII) - cashregister9 cashregister9
6. Red Mage (General) - Oddball Oddball

1. Firion
2. Garland
3. Onion Knight

No black mage is surprising tbh

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Garland wins!

I have decided as of right now not to implement gameplay changes as of now. We already had a moveset round.

Summons will be equipped before a match.

final-fantasy-7-ps1-w-item-featured-image (1).jpg

Submit an Item
Submit an item. Explain where its from and what it does.

final-fantasy-vii-remake-summons.jpg

Submit a Summon
Submit a Summon. Explain who it is, why you've chosen them and what they do.

D

Deleted member

PhoenixDown.PNG.png

Phoenix Down
The most obvious pick. It will be a fairly rare spawn, and when it does if you pick it up it will restore a stock.

Shiva_FFVIIR.png

Shiva
When summoned she will cast an ice spell, freezing the opponents and dealing damage to her summoner's opponents. She will then blow a kiss, ahcih explodes the ice and sends them flying.

Submissions will stay open a day longer.

D

Deleted member

We'll move on. Shiva and the Phoenix Down get in.

maxresdefault (3).jpg

Submit a NES stage
Submit a stage based on one of the NES games.

D

Deleted member

810.jpg

Submit a SNES character
Same as the last round. Submit a character from a SNES game. 4, 5 or 6.

Gilgamesh_Full.png

Gilgamesh
A recurring boss first appearing in FF5. He has appeared in other games since, and it is even implied he may be the same Gilgamesh. He is a weapon master with eight different weapons, something that could lead to a fun moveset.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Cecil

Cecil Paladin.png

While his game was Final Fantasy 4 in Japan, in English speaking countries it was only the second Final Fantasy released. The story chronicles the adventures of Cecil, a dark knight who's betrayed by his kingdom and his best friend, and sets off to prevent an evil overlord from obtaining the power of the Crystals. Eventually Cecil is able to put his darkness aside and re-invent himself as a Paladin.

As a Dark Knight, Cecil can challel the power of his darkness into an energy wave to attack opponetss. As a Paladin Cecil looses that ability and gains the use of white magic. In the earlier days of the franchise when his game was created, characters were also give more leeway in their equipment. This means in addition of being the main sword swinger of the game, Cecil also can uses, axes, staffs, and bows and arrows.

D

Deleted member

Kingdom of Cornelia is our next stage!

View attachment 350121
Submit a SNES character
Same as the last round. Submit a character from a SNES game. 4, 5 or 6.

View attachment 350122
Gilgamesh
A recurring boss first appearing in FF5. He has appeared in other games since, and it is even implied he may be the same Gilgamesh. He is a weapon master with eight different weapons, something that could lead to a fun moveset.
I’ll go with Kefka for this one because he is a memorable villain for FF fans.
Cecil

View attachment 350152

While his game was Final Fantasy 4 in Japan, in English speaking countries it was only the second Final Fantasy released. The story chronicles the adventures of Cecil, a dark knight who's betrayed by his kingdom and his best friend, and sets off to prevent an evil overlord from obtaining the power of the Crystals. Eventually Cecil is able to put his darkness aside and re-invent himself as a Paladin.

As a Dark Knight, Cecil can challel the power of his darkness into an energy wave to attack opponetss. As a Paladin Cecil looses that ability and gains the use of white magic. In the earlier days of the franchise when his game was created, characters were also give more leeway in their equipment. This means in addition of being the main sword swinger of the game, Cecil also can uses, axes, staffs, and bows and arrows.
Gilgamesh (FF V)
Kefka (FF VI)
Cecil (FF IV)

Vote for your two favourites. Your own can't be in first.

1. Cecil
2. Kefka

D

Deleted member

Cecil - 6
Kefka - 3
Gilgamesh - 1

Cecil is our next character!

Submit a SNES stage
Same as last round but with stages.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Red Wings.jpg

The Red Wings

Airships are a given for Final Fantasy, and since we just brought in Cecil, let's bring his feelt in next. The Red Wings would be an autoscrolling stage where you move from airship to airship as you fight.

D

Deleted member

Red Wings wins!
Warrior_of_Light_Dissidia_(Arcade)_2015.png
Cloud_Strife_Dissidia_(Arcade)_2015.png
DFF2015_Sephiroth_CG.png

Submit a moveset for Cloud, Sephiroth and the Warrior of Light.
Submit a moveset for one of these guys. If you want Cloud and Sephiroth to stay the same as Smash then say. But remember they need to fit our format.

Reminder of our moveset format
Job 1

Ultimate style for A attacks but specials is when things get fun

Every character would have a limit meter and it functions similarly to cloud in ult only there is a dedicated button for charging instead of it taking up a special. All limit break attacks would also KO after 100%

D

Deleted member

I feel like people aren't that keen on doing movesets so we're gonna leave this open in the background. Same goes for any future characters

maxresdefault (4).jpg

Submit a female character
we're gonna be taking a quick detour before we do more console based rounds. Final Fantasy is full of strong iconic women and it only makes sense to represent them here. Submit a frmalr character from any of the mainline games.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Edea

While not the true villain of Final Fantasy 8 (spoilers for a game that's 22 years old) she's the one that everyone remembers.

edea.png

While under the possession of Ultimecia (who isn't nearly as cool) a sorceress from the future, Edea is vain, power-hungry, remorseless, and sadistic. All traces of her normally kind and loving personality have been replaced by an all-consuming desire for world domination.

In battle, I can see Edea as a fast lightweight character that relies heavily on magic projectiles.

D

Deleted member

Gonna go with Tifa Lockheart. Popular, iconic and stands apart from the sword users.

I'm gonna cap the amount of characters each game can get at three. If pepole feel this should be pushed up to four tell me.

Our submissions
I want to submit Lightning, sure her game is far to be at good game but I like her and I think in her has a iconic character (even if isnt for the correct reason)
I considered Celes, but I’ll go with Yuna for being the other protagonist of the two games related to X
White Mage for a female character
Edea

While not the true villain of Final Fantasy 8 (spoilers for a game that's 22 years old) she's the one that everyone remembers.

View attachment 350561

While under the possession of Ultimecia (who isn't nearly as cool) a sorceress from the future, Edea is vain, power-hungry, remorseless, and sadistic. All traces of her normally kind and loving personality have been replaced by an all-consuming desire for world domination.

In battle, I can see Edea as a fast lightweight character that relies heavily on magic projectiles.
Yuna - Pupp135 Pupp135
White Mage - Geno Boost Geno Boost
Lightning - Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
Edea - Oddball Oddball
Tifa - me

Vote for your top three. Your own can't be in first

1. Lightning
2. Yuna
3. Edea

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Yuna
2. lightning
3. White Mage

I missed the chance to submit my girl, Lulu.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yuna - 9
White Mage - 8
Lightning - 11
Edea - 6
Tifa - 8

Lightning is our next character!

Disscson Period: assist characters
Should we include assist characters of some kind? How should the be included? An item?before a match? Keep in mind we have summons

Submit a mode
Submit a mode. Simple as that. Can be from Smash or something new.

D

Deleted member

We'll be sticking with just summons

RPG mode gets in. We'll have a job to name it later.

Submit a collectible
Another light one. Submit our trophies/spirits/that kind of thing.

D

Deleted member

Okay seems that one didn't go down so well

maxresdefault (7).jpg

Submit a PS1 era character
We're keeping going with this. Submit a ps1 final fantasy character. 7, 8 or 9. I'll also accept tactics or other spinoffs from this era.

Resubmittting
View attachment 349182
Squall (Final Fantasy 8)

It is a well known fact that gunblades are the coolest weapons ever convinced. In all seriousness I think its good to get some of these obvious picks out of the way.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll go with Ramza for this one as Tactics is a spinoff game that has interesting gameplay, and one lf the mobile apps (War of Visions) has that type of gameplay appear again.
Squire

If I can do something for the collectible job, can I submit the idea of visions?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’ll go with Ramza for this one as Tactics is a spinoff game that has interesting gameplay, and one lf the mobile apps (War of Visions) has that type of gameplay appear again.
Squire

If I can do something for the collectible job, can I submit the idea of visions?
Sure

D

Deleted member

View attachment 349182
Squall (Final Fantasy 8)

It is a well known fact that gunblades are the coolest weapons ever convinced. In all seriousness I think its good to get some of these obvious picks out of the way.

Voting for moveset proposals is still open. Fighter submissions will wrap up tonight.

Gonna go with Tifa Lockheart. Popular, iconic and stands apart from the sword users.
Squire

We've got Vivi on the roster, so let's bring in the actual star of FF9. Zidane.

View attachment 350905
In text form
Squall - me
Tifa - Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer (original submission by me.)
Ramza - Pupp135 Pupp135
Zidane - Oddball Oddball

Vote for your top three as usual. Own can't be in first

1. Tifa
2. Ramza
3. Zidane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom