• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Thrash Rally Car
  2. SF Car
  3. 8082 Train
  4. Iron Sentinel
  5. Fiat 500 - 2
  6. Chopper I Helicoper - 3
  7. Super Vehicle "Camel" - 3
  8. Mad Crasher - 4
  9. SVH-03 - 5
  10. Big Shiee - 6
  11. Mary's Motorcycle - 7
  12. SYD - 7
  13. Hong Kong Bus - 7
  14. Transcontinental Train - 9
  15. SV-001 - 11
The SV-001 and Transcontinental Train will be added, please vote here to ELIMINATE another vehicle.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Nakoruru: School Outfit

Geese: Art of Fighting 2

Rugal: Movie

Team Bosses: Armoured
Geese wears samurai armour to reference his fascination with Japanese culture, Mr. Big wears bushranger armour inspired by Ned Kelly since he’s Australian, and Krauser wears medieval knights armour
1683728554290.jpeg

Team Garou: Old Generation
Rock wears Terry’s hat and jacket, Gato wears Billy Kane’s bandana and jacket, Khushnood wears Ryo’s gi

Team Sacred Treasures: Post-Orochi
(all their designs come from after the Orochi saga, Kyo has his NESTS chronicles design, Iori wears his KOF 14 design, Chizuru uses her Hidden Wrath design)

Team Fatal Fury: Next Generation

Art of Fighting: Mr. Karate II, Sir Karate and Ms. Muay Thai
Ryo wears a black gi and tengu mask. For the others, I can’t find any images since they’re original ideas but Robert would wear a blue gi with a tengu mask and King would wear a white gi with one as well.

D

Deleted member

1. Neo Geo logo
2. Fatal Fury star
3. Metal Slug Defense

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
the next two vehicles will be SYD and Blue Mary's Bike!

1. Raijinken
  2. Chang's Wrecking Ball
  3. Three Sacred Treasures
  4. Mars People - 5
  5. Psycho Ball - 6
  6. Metal Slug Defense Wheel - 6
  7. Fatal Fury star - 9
  8. Neo Geo logo - 16
The Neo Geo logo and Fatal Fury star will be added, please vote here for the third.

1. Franchise without vehicles - 1
  2. "Dead" franchise - 7
  3. Sports franchise - 9
  4. "Meme pick" - 9
  5. Comic franchise not from Marvel or DC - 10
  6. Literature - 12
  7. Live Action - 13
  8. RPG - 19
Our next franchise will be an RPG franchise!

1. Neo Geo logo
  2. Psycho Ball
  3. Mars People

Shirtless Rugal
MS squad: MS2 CSS designs (makes them cartoonier with darker shading)

Geese: Phoenix Kimono

Nakoruru: Purple Nakoruru
Nakoruru: School Outfit

Geese: Art of Fighting 2

Rugal: Movie

Team Bosses: Armoured
Geese wears samurai armour to reference his fascination with Japanese culture, Mr. Big wears bushranger armour inspired by Ned Kelly since he’s Australian, and Krauser wears medieval knights armour
View attachment 371897

Team Garou: Old Generation
Rock wears Terry’s hat and jacket, Gato wears Billy Kane’s bandana and jacket, Khushnood wears Ryo’s gi

Team Sacred Treasures: Post-Orochi
(all their designs come from after the Orochi saga, Kyo has his NESTS chronicles design, Iori wears his KOF 14 design, Chizuru uses her Hidden Wrath design)

Team Fatal Fury: Next Generation

Art of Fighting: Mr. Karate II, Sir Karate and Ms. Muay Thai
Ryo wears a black gi and tengu mask. For the others, I can’t find any images since they’re original ideas but Robert would wear a blue gi with a tengu mask and King would wear a white gi with one as well.
1. Sports
2. Literature
3. Live Action
4. JRPG

View attachment 371900
Classic (Without Takuma) Team Art of Fighting
View attachment 371898
Rimururu

View attachment 371896
Nightmare Geese

View attachment 371901
Omega Rugal
Rugal
  1. Omega
  2. Movie
  3. Shirtless
Nakoruru
  1. Rimururu
  2. School
  3. Purple Nakoruru
Geese (solo)
  1. Nightmare
  2. Art of Fighting 2
  3. Phoenix Kimono
Team AOF
  1. Classic
  2. Mr. Karate/Tengu
Team FF
  1. Next Generation
this skin will be used by default

Team Garou
  1. Old Generation
This skin will be used by default

Team Bosses
  1. Armoured

Marco's squad
  1. MS2 CSS

Team Sacred Treasures
  1. Post-Orochi

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
,Submit an RPG franchise!

This can be any kind of RPG, even a WRPG. I won't allow games from other genres with RPG elements like Zelda, but I will allow non-video RPGs like D&D - please note that I may veto certain submissions if I think they breach good taste, so no RPG Maker games about teenage suicide, sorry. You can have a unique content ratio if you wish.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Final Fantasy 7
Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockheart, Sephiroth
One of the most iconic games ever made. I'd be super up for a full FF season but I think focusing in on one game could let us do some interesting content
I feel like it would be better to have the other games get representation, I feel like 7 is way too overrated, but I don't mind.

Edit: never mind I'm fine with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like it would be better to have the other games get representation, I feel like 7 is way too overrated, but I don't mind.
I'm nor stopping anyone from doing a general season.. If folks really think it'll clash then I'll change my submission

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Edit: never mind I'm fine with it.
If we have the whole series then that leaves almost zero room for side protags or villains, and VII is the easiest one to pick out.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
RPG Franchise

Kingdom Hearts

IMG_8897.jpeg

Racers:

Sora, Kairi, Riku

Make Drifting Dimensions a part of the Kingdom Hearts lore. I did not know what to do initially for RPG franchise so I went with Kingdom Hearts. Just like Smash, we don’t have to include any Mickey Mouse content for now since we don’t have a Mickey Mouse season. But, this franchise is no stranger to big crossovers like Smash and I feel we can add it to DriDim. (This could lead to something like Kingdom Karts: Tracks of Friendship or something)

Unique Content:

13 racers
3 karts
3 wheels
1 alternate costume for Sora
1 track

You can guess why I chose 13 for the racers.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Persona

images.jpeg

Persona is a video game series that also made part from Shin Megami Tensei universe. The racers are the characters that have personas and the own personas,but personas that have a genital form,religious referenced or parts of women's breasts aren't allowed

Characters: Makoto Yuki, Yu Narukami and Ren Amamiya (AKA Joker)

Unique content:
-9 characters
-5 karts
-2 tracks
-4 wheels
-1 costume for one racer

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
RPG Franchise

Kingdom Hearts

View attachment 371938

Racers:

Sora, Kairi, Riku

Make Drifting Dimensions a part of the Kingdom Hearts lore. I did not know what to do initially for RPG franchise so I went with Kingdom Hearts. Just like Smash, we don’t have to include any Mickey Mouse content for now since we don’t have a Mickey Mouse season. But, this franchise is no stranger to big crossovers like Smash and I feel we can add it to DriDim. (This could lead to something like Kingdom Karts: Tracks of Friendship or something)

Unique Content:

13 racers
7 karts
1 track

You can guess why I chose 13 and 7.
Can you please detail the quantity of wheels and costumes? They need to work out to a total of 21

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Can you please detail the quantity of wheels and costumes? They need to work out to a total of 21
Just fixed it to include everything. I wanted to go for 13 and 7 to stick with the theme of those numbers being used often in Kingdom Hearts. But, I felt we would be missing out on cool wheels and an alternate costume for Sora so content now reflects everything.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Just fixed it to include everything. I wanted to go for 13 and 7 to stick with the theme of those numbers being used often in Kingdom Heart. But, I felt we would be missing out on cool wheels and an alternate costume for Sora so content now reflects everything.
Oh crap, I just realised that you did have a total of 21 with the first distribution. You can go back to that if you want.

FazDude

Smash Master
RPG Franchise: Deltarune

Even with just two chapters, Deltarune has enough content to get its own season seperate from Undertale. The first three racers would be;
  • The Fun Gang (Kris, Susie, and Ralsei; the protags)
  • Lancer (a fan-favorite and one of the first NPCs you meet)
  • Spamton (A [The Taste You Know And Love] that's become recognizable outside of his [Homemade Goods] series)
This franchise would also have a slightly different content ratio;
  • Eight racers
  • Four costumes
  • Two tracks
  • Four vehicles
  • Three wheels

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Fire Emblem

Marth
Edelgard
Yunaka & Emblem Micaiah

12 Characters
3 Karts
3 Wheels
2 Costumes
1 Track

HM to Nier/Drakenguard & Mass Effect which ChampionOfHyrule beat me to right when i start this post.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Digimon - Togemon, Raremon, Skull Knightmon

Not sure if this counts since I'm not familiar with this franchise outside of stories relating to divorces induced by monochrome little girls and a Nostalgia Critic clone review or two, but RPG is the first genre listed on it's Wikipedia list of games so why not. An equivalent to Pokemon's season, with the same content ratio - 18 racers, 1 track, 1 vehicle, and 1 wheel

6 Racers (If allowed each would represent a different class from the series with a default & other alts being popular characters from the series)
I unfortunately don't think I can do either of those - I only really like to do seperate characters as alts if they're super similar (a Purple Nakoruru/Captain Toad sort of deal), and I can't figure out how to handle "one of each class" since there are much more than six classes and as such I can't create 3 jobs with 3 polls - if, for instance, Marth and Byleth got 1st and 2nd place, I'd have to skip Byleth to achieve class variety, which I don't think is fair. I'll still allow the submission though.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I unfortunately don't think I can do either of those - I only really like to do seperate characters as alts if they're super similar (a Purple Nakoruru/Captain Toad sort of deal), and I can't figure out how to handle "one of each class" since there are much more than six classes and as such I can't create 3 jobs with 3 polls - if, for instance, Marth and Byleth got 1st and 2nd place, I'd have to skip Byleth to achieve class variety, which I don't think is fair. I'll still allow the submission though.
I meant more like narrowing down to 6 popular fire emblem classes & nominating characters who fit the class as costumes separately like we normally would when giving each character a costume in a normal season.

Oh well no big deal, worth a shot, updated the post.

RPG franchise submission:
Dungeons and Dragons (Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro)
1683820526328.png
Dungeons and Dragons is a tabletop RPG game made by "Wizards of the coast" (which is now owned by Hasbro since 1999) and when it was released, it became a huge pop cultural phenomenon and it was a huge influence for the RPG video games (like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy).

This franchise has a lot of campaigns, which it makes the game more interesting lore-wise.

Racers:
1. Drizzt Do'urden
2. Edgin Darvis
3. Venger (The villain rep)
(I mean, we could allow custom characters if we could, since DnD is also known for character creating feature)

Content ratio:
9 racers
4 vehicles
4 tracks
4 wheels
No skins for characters.

I nominate Dungeons and Dragons as a RPG franchise because it's considered as the main influence for RPG video games like I said earlier.
Plus we don't have a Hasbro franchise in the game, which is an overdue imo.

I wanna say that I like DnD, so that's why I submitted it for this job.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
We have to get every SB Profile Poster mascot in somehow

Chrono Trigger

A monumental RPG. Don't know much about it but would be willing to do some research.

Initial racers: Crono, Frog, & Robo

Ratio: 13 racers, 3 vehicles, 2 tracks, 3 wheels, no skins
HOW DID I NOT SUBMIT THIS???

Anyways just to make sure would Chrono Cross also be eligible for this?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Team Art of Fighting's alts will be the Mr. Karate outfit, Rugal's will be Omega, Nakoruru's will be - by removing my vote for Purple Nakoruru - her schoolgirl outfit, and Geese's will be - by removing my vote for the Phoenix Kimono - Nightmare Geese

RPG Franchise

Kingdom Hearts

View attachment 371938

Racers:

Sora, Kairi, Riku

Unique Content:

13 racers
3 karts
3 wheels
1 alternate costume for Sora
1 track

You can guess why I chose 13 for the racers.
Persona

View attachment 371966

Persona is a video game series that also made part from Shin Megami Tensei universe. The racers are the characters that have personas and the own personas,but personas that have a genital form,religious referenced or parts of women's breasts aren't allowed

Characters: Makoto Yuki, Yu Narukami and Ren Amamiya (AKA Joker)

Unique content:
-9 characters
-5 karts
-2 tracks
-4 wheels
-1 costume for one racer
RPG Franchise: Deltarune

Even with just two chapters, Deltarune has enough content to get its own season seperate from Undertale. The first three racers would be;
  • The Fun Gang (Kris, Susie, and Ralsei; the protags)
  • Lancer (a fan-favorite and one of the first NPCs you meet)
  • Spamton (A [The Taste You Know And Love] that's become recognizable outside of his [Homemade Goods] series)
This franchise would also have a slightly different content ratio;
  • Eight racers
  • Four costumes
  • Two tracks
  • Four vehicles
  • Three wheels
Mass Effect

A massively popular RPG series, Mass Effect establishes a huge world and a lot of iconic characters who I think are perfect for crossovers and would be great here.
First three characters: Commander Shepherd, Garrus, Tali
Standard content ratio.
Fire Emblem

Marth
Edelgard
Yunaka & Emblem Micaiah

12 Characters
3 Karts
3 Wheels
2 Costumes
1 Track

HM to Nier/Drakenguard & Mass Effect which ChampionOfHyrule beat me to right when i start this post.
Digimon - Togemon, Raremon, Skull Knightmon

Not sure if this counts since I'm not familiar with this franchise outside of stories relating to divorces induced by monochrome little girls and a Nostalgia Critic clone review or two, but RPG is the first genre listed on it's Wikipedia list of games so why not. An equivalent to Pokemon's season, with the same content ratio - 18 racers, 1 track, 1 vehicle, and 1 wheel

RPG franchise submission:
Dungeons and Dragons (Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro)
View attachment 371992
Dungeons and Dragons is a tabletop RPG game made by "Wizards of the coast" (which is now owned by Hasbro since 1999) and when it was released, it became a huge pop cultural phenomenon and it was a huge influence for the RPG video games (like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy).

This franchise has a lot of campaigns, which it makes the game more interesting lore-wise.

Racers:
1. Drizzt Do'urden
2. Edgin Darvis
3. Venger (The villain rep)
(I mean, we could allow custom characters if we could, since DnD is also known for character creating feature)

Content ratio:
9 racers
4 vehicles
4 tracks
4 wheels
No skins for characters.

I nominate Dungeons and Dragons as a RPG franchise because it's considered as the main influence for RPG video games like I said earlier.
Plus we don't have a Hasbro franchise in the game, which is an overdue imo.

I wanna say that I like DnD, so that's why I submitted it for this job.
View attachment 372002
Final Fantasy
Cloud, Warrior of Light, Y'shtola
Actually I'm gonna swap FF7 out for a general FF season, but we're gonna cut down on skins, only Cloud will get a skin, instead those other spots will go go more characters. Will also cut down wheels to 2.
We have to get every SB Profile Poster mascot in somehow

Chrono Trigger

A monumental RPG. Don't know much about it but would be willing to do some research.

Initial racers: Crono, Frog, & Robo

Ratio: 13 racers, 3 vehicles, 2 tracks, 3 wheels, no skins
The Legend Of Heroes

Estelle & Joshua, Lloyd, Rean

The Legend Of Heroes is a long running JRPG franchise that is still going to this day

10 Characters
6 Vehicles
1 Track
2 Wheels
2 Costumes
  1. Legend of Heroes
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. Final Fantasy
  4. Dungeons and Dragons
  5. Digimon
  6. Fire Emblem
  7. Mass Effect