• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Why do I even keep getting MYSELF into this...

First, the whole Godzilla thing and now this!?

The job said SUBMIT 7 VEHICLES, I submitted seven vehicles and you call me out for that!?

The others did the same thing yet I received this...

You know, thanks for letting me know...

I apologise for the outburst.
Apologies, I must have miscalculated

Cashregister's items will be used, as will the Power Coin wheel

1. Bear Crawler
  2. PROJECT GO-ONGER
  3. Dino Cycle
  4. Delta Patrol Cycle
  5. Doberman
  6. SWAT Truck
  7. Horseman of Fire
  8. Uniforce Cycle - 1
  9. Rescue Rover - 2
  10. Vector Cycle - 2
  11. Raptor Rider - 3
  12. Astro Megaship - 3
  13. Ram Hyper Zord - 3
  14. Tyrannosaurus Red Dragon Thunderzord - 4
  15. Tsunami Cycle - 4
  16. Mystic Racer - 4
  17. Command Center Truck - 4
  18. Galaxy Glider - 6
  19. Raptor Cycle - 9
  20. Eagle Racer - 9
  21. Turbo Kart - 16
Please vote here for the 9th

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I apologise for being so forgetful with this thread lately

Submit a "brand" franchise!
Please submit a franchise that is a non-entertainment, non-factual brand. Something like our previous Pepsi and McDonald's seasons or Harley Davidson and Antarctica Tourism mini-seasons, though it doesn't have to be food.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Microsoft Windows
1691922112100.jpeg

We can use licensed default songs for this and all entertainment pack games, including Chip's Challenge and SkiFree.

3 racers
6 tracks
6 vehicles
6 wheels

First 3 pieces of content:
Clippit (Racer)
Cursor (Wheelless Bike)
The Bob House (Track) with music track: Like Humans Do (General Midi style)

The Bob House makes you tiny, and features all the different Bob house designs as rooms

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Brand Franchise

Hefty ZooPals

• ZooPals Frog Plate Wheel
  • ZooPals Pig Plate Wheel
  • ZooPals Dog Plate Wheel
IMG_0249.jpeg

I was considering resubmitting the Mars season but…it’s time to bring back a defunct brand in the multiverse being Hefty ZooPals! Surprisingly, I just found out that a revival may be on the horizon on Twitter so…perfect timing now. All of our seasons so far have been pretty much major pop culture landmarks. Therefore, why not do a more obscurer brand? Plus, this would be our first main season that will be wheel-heavy and our first main season without a vehicle as well. A Drifting Dimensions first!

Content Distribution:

2 Racers
1 Track
18 Wheels

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Raptor Rider will be the final vehicle
Kentucky Fried Chicken

KFC has a worldwide appeal and quite a lot of characters thanks to their unique approach to advertising.

Standard ratio makes the most sense here, IMO.

Racers: Colonel Sanders, Frederick Fox & Charlie Chickenhawx, and Clank.
Kellogg's

a big cereal and food brand.

7 Characters
2 Tracks
7 Karts
5 Wheels

Characters: Tony the Tiger, Toucan Sam, Snap, Crackel & Pop
Brand Franchise

Hefty ZooPals

• ZooPals Frog Plate Wheel
  • ZooPals Pig Plate Wheel
  • ZooPals Dog Plate Wheel
View attachment 376044

I was considering resubmitting the Mars season but…it’s time to bring back a defunct brand in the multiverse being Hefty ZooPals! Surprisingly, I just found out that a revival may be on the horizon on Twitter so…perfect timing now. All of our seasons so far have been pretty much major pop culture landmarks. Therefore, why not do a more obscurer brand? Plus, this would be our first main season that will be wheel-heavy and our first main season without a vehicle as well. A Drifting Dimensions first!

Content Distribution:

2 Racers
1 Track
18 Wheels
Microsoft Windows
View attachment 376042
We can use licensed default songs for this and all entertainment pack games, including Chip's Challenge and SkiFree.

3 racers
6 tracks
6 vehicles
6 wheels

Clippit (Racer)
Cursor (Wheelless Bike)
The Bob House (Track) with music track: Like Humans Do (General Midi style)

The Bob House makes you tiny, and features all the different Bob house designs as rooms
  1. Microsoft Windows
  2. Zoopals
  3. Kelloggs
  4. KFC
Please vote for your top 2

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a mini-franchise that predates, but is similar to, another franchise on the roster!
They can be actually connected by inspiration or staff, or a coincidence. An example would be EarthBound for Undertale or The Flintstones for The Simpsons. This will have one racer, one track, and one vehicle.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Heathcliff (Predates Garfield)

It just got real.

Racer: Heathcliff with Ham Helmet
Kart: Ham Car
Track: Westfinster - Track: Heathcliff Theme

The Westfinster tracks starts you off in the Nutmeg house, then goes into the street, and finally the garbage dump. All the absurdism you'd expect from modern Heathcliff is present, with robots; fire-breathing chihuahuas; bands; brofish; bubblegum; Jimmy; helmets; beekeepers; tanks; and, if you're lucky, the Garbage Ape - as well as a few Catillac Cat easter eggs for the OG Heathers.

1. Windows
  2. ZooPals

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Flintstones (Predates the Simpsons)

The_Flintstones_-_Character_Profile_Image_-_Fred_Flintstone.png

Fred Flinstone

9293a4f74903befbf93046e4ee20250b.jpg

Flintmobile

Bedrock-3.jpg

Bedrock (Flintstones Theme)
Drive through the city home of the modren stone aged family. Start at their home and drive through the city, through Fred's Work place, and more. You drive over dinosaurs and we could even throw in the Great Gazzo or even some hidden Jetsons cameos.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. ZooPals
2. Microsoft Windows

Predated Franchise:

Popeye
(Predates Mario)

IMG_0255.jpeg

Why not go with this classic cartoon and comics franchise that was the inspiration for our first franchise that got a season? A true cartoon and comic classic and he will probably be one of our oldest franchises on the DriDim roster if he joins.

Without Popeye, we wouldn’t have had the creation of Mario and his rivalry with Donkey Kong (well, in the original one, it’s Cranky Kong as a young gorilla).

If this franchise joins,we can possibly consider doing a Popeye Part 2 in the future with more content from the various incarnations of Popeye as well as other Thimble Theatre content.

Racer: Popeye
Kart: The Spinacher/Ship of Many Names (Wheelless Kart)
Track: Sweethaven
Music: I’m Popeye the Sailor Man

Basically, it’s a track that shows off all the different locations of the main port where the Popeye cartoons take place. Plus, various Popeye and other Thimble Theatre characters make cameo appearances. Bluto is a hazard though as he will try to kidnap the racers for a temporary time.

In fact, the racers can try and rescue Olive. If a racer races over the cage Olive is in, that racer will get a stat buff!

Last edited:
Predating franchise submission:
Dune (Predates Star wars)
1692019747084.png

Dune is a science-fiction franchise created by Frank Herbert and it takes place in outer space-like setting taking place in far future where galactic feud has been started while young Paul Atreides (main protagonist that can sense the truth) has to survive the harsh environments of galaxy and fight for resources of the desert planet & human destiny.

The book was very popular that kickstarted the franchise that was spawning movies, games and stuff. Once the franchise started to grow, the universe has been expanded by adding new locations, events and characters.

It even became an influence for many sci-fi media like Star Wars, Alien, Mass Effect and more of them.

Racer:
Paul Atreides
1692019869780.png

Kart:
Ornithopter (Wheelless kart)
1692019945626.png

Track:
Arrakis

Music track: Paul's dream - Dune (2021)
1692020094075.png
The race track takes place on planet Arrakis from Dune and the race track would be similar to Bone-Dry Dunes from Mario Kart 8, but it's themed after Dune's Arrakis (also the canyon-related stuff are replaced with cliffs or more dunes)
The race track hazards are Sandworms - basically giant sandworms that come out from the ground and eat anything the meet on their paths. They came out at any place just to block the racers' pathways and they can occasionally swallow the racer.

I think Dune could work as full franchise, but as mini franchise it could also make sense.

Anyway, franchise votes:
1. Kelloggs
2. Windows

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Kelloggs
2. Microsoft

Zorro (predates Batman)

Zorro_(Diego_de_la_Vega).jpg

Zorro is a character created on 1919 by the pulp writter Johnston McCulley,having his first appearence on the book The Curse of Capistrano,Zorro is also known by his movies,one of most popular actor who portated Zorro is Antonio Bandeiras,who is also **** in Boots voice actor and Zorro is also used by inspiration by **** in Boots.

Racer: Zorro
Kart: Tornado (wheeless Bike)
Tornado-1.jpg

Track: Los Angeles (1820)
Music: Zorro's Theme
images (8).jpeg

Los Angeles is a place where the franchise of the character takes place,the track have some shortcuts and curves.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Captain Kangaroo

An extremely popular and influential kids show from the early days of television. Shares all of the same producers with Sesame Street, which it predates.

Racer: Captain Kangaroo & Mr. Moose

Vehicle: Yellow Schwinn (Bike)

Track: Treasure House (Song: Puffin' Billy)

Track is fairly small but its main gimmick is that there will be a different zoo animal to avoid each time, courtesy of Mr. Greenjeans. (They don't hurt you or anything they just stop your car like a wall)

FazDude

Smash Master
Votes
  1. Windows
  2. Kelloggs
Predating Franchise: Anton (Predates Pizza Tower)

Now this one I'm not 100% sure on due to the wildly different development histories of the two games involved; The first Pizza Tower demo predates Antonball Classic, but Antonball Deluxe predates Pizza Tower's official release, so I'm not 100% sure who predates who for the purposes of this job. All good if this one gets vetoed - I have tons of alternatives in mind - but I wanna get funny red guy in here, so might as well give it a shot.

Racer: Dynamite Anton
Kart: Mole Tank (Wheelless Kart)

Track: Boiler City (Dynamite Man for laps 1-2, It's Happy Hour! for lap 3)
A pretty standard course, but you'll notice some paths obstructed by blocks of four colors; There's four dynamite plungers scattered throughout the level, and activating them destroys their colored blocks, letting you access those paths in future laps.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. Kelloggs
2. KFC

Fist of the North Star (Predates Dragon Ball)

While Dragon Ball was originally influential for not being like Fist of the North Star, it was absolutely an influence for the action during the Z era and beyond.

Racer: Kenshiro
Kart: Buggy

Track: Ruins of Shinjuku (Track: You Wa Shock)
1692032212114.jpeg

You drive through the desert and a bit through the ruins

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Votes
  1. Windows
  2. Kelloggs
Predating Franchise: Anton (Predates Pizza Tower)

Now this one I'm not 100% sure on due to the wildly different development histories of the two games involved; The first Pizza Tower demo predates Antonball Classic, but Antonball Deluxe predates Pizza Tower's official release, so I'm not 100% sure who predates who for the purposes of this job. All good if this one gets vetoed - I have tons of alternatives in mind - but I wanna get funny red guy in here, so might as well give it a shot.

Racer: Dynamite Anton
Kart: Mole Tank (Wheelless Kart)

Track: Boiler City (Dynamite Man for laps 1-2, It's Happy Hour! for lap 3)
A pretty standard course, but you'll notice some paths obstructed by blocks of four colors; There's four dynamite plungers scattered throughout the level, and activating them destroys their colored blocks, letting you access those paths in future laps.
Unforuntately I think I'll have to veto this.

FazDude

Smash Master
Unforuntately I think I'll have to veto this.
Understandable. Plan C time (plan b was dragon quest but cash just submitted that lol)

Roblox (Predates Minecraft)

Due to the heavy content-creation emphasis of Roblox (moreso than any video game season thus far), I tried to stick to "official" content - Nothing from Piggy, Despicable Forces, or anything like that.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 Can you please change your music submission to an actual song from the game?

Heathcliff (Predates Garfield)

It just got real.

Racer: Heathcliff with Ham Helmet
Kart: Ham Car
Track: Westfinster - Track: Heathcliff Theme

The Westfinster tracks starts you off in the Nutmeg house, then goes into the street, and finally the garbage dump. All the absurdism you'd expect from modern Heathcliff is present, with robots; fire-breathing chihuahuas; bands; brofish; bubblegum; Jimmy; helmets; beekeepers; tanks; and, if you're lucky, the Garbage Ape - as well as a few Catillac Cat easter eggs for the OG Heathers.

1. Windows
  2. ZooPals
Flintstones (Predates the Simpsons)

View attachment 376076
Fred Flinstone

View attachment 376077
Flintmobile

View attachment 376078
Bedrock (Flintstones Theme)
Drive through the city home of the modren stone aged family. Start at their home and drive through the city, through Fred's Work place, and more. You drive over dinosaurs and we could even throw in the Great Gazzo or even some hidden Jetsons cameos.
Mini-Franchise: Earthbound
(Predates Undertale)

View attachment 376079
Racer: Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo
(All together AKA four in one vehicle)

View attachment 376080
Vehicle: Devil Car (Kart)

View attachment 376081
Track: Onett
A track that takes you through the town where Ness's adventure began.

Track Music: Let the Adventure Begin
1. ZooPals
2. Microsoft Windows

Predated Franchise:

Popeye
(Predates Mario)

View attachment 376082

Why not go with this classic cartoon and comics franchise that was the inspiration for our first franchise that got a season? A true cartoon and comic classic and he will probably be one of our oldest franchises on the DriDim roster if he joins.

Without Popeye, we wouldn’t have had the creation of Mario and his rivalry with Donkey Kong (well, in the original one, it’s Cranky Kong as a young gorilla).

If this franchise joins,we can possibly consider doing a Popeye Part 2 in the future with more content from the various incarnations of Popeye as well as other Thimble Theatre content.

Racer: Popeye
Kart: The Spinacher/Ship of Many Names (Wheelless Kart)
Track: Sweethaven
Music: I’m Popeye the Sailor Man

Basically, it’s a track that shows off all the different locations of the main port where the Popeye cartoons take place. Plus, various Popeye and other Thimble Theatre characters make cameo appearances. Bluto is a hazard though as he will try to kidnap the racers for a temporary time.

In fact, the racers can try and rescue Olive. If a racer races over the cage Olive is in, that racer will get a stat buff!
Predating franchise submission:
Dune (Predates Star wars)
View attachment 376095
Dune is a science-fiction franchise created by Frank Herbert and it takes place in outer space-like setting taking place in far future where galactic feud has been started while young Paul Atreides (main protagonist that can sense the truth) has to survive the harsh environments of galaxy and fight for resources of the desert planet & human destiny.

The book was very popular that kickstarted the franchise that was spawning movies, games and stuff. Once the franchise started to grow, the universe has been expanded by adding new locations, events and characters.

It even became an influence for many sci-fi media like Star Wars, Alien, Mass Effect and more of them.

Racer:
Paul Atreides
View attachment 376097

Kart:
Ornithopter (Wheelless kart)
View attachment 376098

Track:
Arrakis

Music track: Paul's dream - Dune (2021)
The race track takes place on planet Arrakis from Dune and the race track would be similar to Bone-Dry Dunes from Mario Kart 8, but it's themed after Dune's Arrakis (also the canyon-related stuff are replaced with cliffs or more dunes)
The race track hazards are Sandworms - basically giant sandworms that come out from the ground and eat anything the meet on their paths. They came out at any place just to block the racers' pathways and they can occasionally swallow the racer.

I think Dune could work as full franchise, but as mini franchise it could also make sense.

Anyway, franchise votes:
1. Kelloggs
2. Windows
1. Kelloggs
2. Microsoft

Zorro (predates Batman)

View attachment 376100

Zorro is a character created on 1919 by the pulp writter Johnston McCulley,having his first appearence on the book The Curse of Capistrano,Zorro is also known by his movies,one of most popular actor who portated Zorro is Antonio Bandeiras,who is also ** in Boots voice actor and Zorro is also used by inspiration by ** in Boots.

Racer: Zorro
Kart: Tornado (wheeless Bike)
View attachment 376101
Track: Los Angeles (1820)
Music: Zorro's Theme
View attachment 376102

Los Angeles is a place where the franchise of the character takes place,the track have some shortcuts and curves.
Captain Kangaroo

An extremely popular and influential kids show from the early days of television. Shares all of the same producers with Sesame Street, which it predates.

Racer: Captain Kangaroo & Mr. Moose

Vehicle: Yellow Schwinn (Bike)

Track: Treasure House (Song: Puffin' Billy)

Track is fairly small but its main gimmick is that there will be a different zoo animal to avoid each time, courtesy of Mr. Greenjeans. (They don't hurt you or anything they just stop your car like a wall)
1. Kelloggs
2. KFC

Fist of the North Star (Predates Dragon Ball)

While Dragon Ball was originally influential for not being like Fist of the North Star, it was absolutely an influence for the action during the Z era and beyond.

Racer: Kenshiro
Kart: Buggy

Track: Ruins of Shinjuku (Track: You Wa Shock)
View attachment 376105
You drive through the desert and a bit through the ruins
1. Windows
2. KFC

Dragon Quest (predates Final Fantasy)

Racer:
Heroes

Kart:
Slime (Wheelless Kart)

Track:
Yggdrasil

Song: Dragon Quest Overture
This is a track that takes you around Yggdrasil, but it is not based on any one version of it. You see characters and references to each Dragon Quest that contains Yggdrasil.
Understandable. Plan C time (plan b was dragon quest but cash just submitted that lol)

Roblox (Predates Minecraft)

Due to the heavy content-creation emphasis of Roblox (moreso than any video game season thus far), I tried to stick to "official" content - Nothing from Piggy, Despicable Forces, or anything like that.

1. Roblox
  2. Dragon Quest
  3. Fist of the North Star
  4. Captain Kangaroo
  5. Zorro
  6. Dune
  7. Popeye
  8. EarthBound
  9. The Flintstones
  10. Heathcliff
Please vote for your top 5
  1. 3
  2. 3
  3. 2
  4. 1
  5. 1

1. KFC - 2
  2. Zoopals - 3
  3. Kelloggs - 8
  4. Microsoft Windows - 11
Where do you want to go today? Microsoft Windows is booting up!

3 racers
6 tracks
6 vehicles
6 wheels

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Captain Kangaroo
2. Dune
3. Heathcliff
4. Popeye
5. Roblox

Shout-out to The Flintstones but I actually have a different way of incorporating The Flintstones in DriDim.

Microsoft Windows Characters

Tōko Madobe

IMG_0264.jpeg

Peedy

IMG_0263.jpeg

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Popeye
2. Flintstones
3. Dune
4. FOTS
5. Roblox

View attachment 376135
Rover

View attachment 376138
Yeti (Ski Free)
  1. Flinstones
  2. Popeye
  3. Kangaroo
  4. Zorro
  5. Heathcliff
View attachment 376140
Merlin

View attachment 376136View attachment 376137
Links & Rocky
1. Captain Kangaroo
2. Dune
3. Heathcliff
4. Popeye
5. Roblox

Shout-out to The Flintstones but I actually have a different way of incorporating The Flintstones in DriDim.

Microsoft Windows Characters

Tōko Madobe

View attachment 376143

Peedy

View attachment 376142
Earl

The Genie

EDIT - Looks like we can submit 3 now so will bump my hm up to a nominee

The Dot
3rd character for Microsoft Windows

The Genius/Genius
View attachment 376154