• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kiki's Broomstick (Kiki's Delivery Service) (Wheeless Bike)

View attachment 371064

Catbus (My Neighbor Totoro) (Wheeless Kart)

View attachment 371065

Haku Dragon (Spirited Away) (Wheeless Bike)

View attachment 371066

Moro (Princess Mononoke) (Wheeless Bike)

View attachment 371067
Catbus has already been submitted

Additionally, Kiki's broom may be quite similar to Ashley's broom - however I will allow this submission given the differences in art style and the presence of the red bag.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nago (Wheeless Kart)

Catbus (Wheeless Kart)
Kiki's Broomstick (Kiki's Delivery Service) (Wheeless Bike)

View attachment 371064

Catbus (My Neighbor Totoro) (Wheeless Kart)

View attachment 371065

Haku Dragon (Spirited Away) (Wheeless Bike)

View attachment 371066

Moro (Princess Mononoke) (Wheeless Bike)

View attachment 371067
View attachment 371095
Mowe (Wheeless Bike)

View attachment 371096
Marco's Plane (Wheeless Kart)

View attachment 371097
Air Destroyer Goliath (Wheeless Kart)
  1. Air Destroyer Goliath
  2. Marco's Plane
  3. Mowe
  4. Moro
  5. Haku Dragon
  6. Kiki's Broomstick
  7. Catbus
  8. Nago
Please vote for your top 4
Normal Janx_uwu Janx_uwu

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit up to 3 Studio Ghibli wheels!

Submit Studio Ghibli's items!

1. Oil Tank - gives you a boost forwards
  2. Tacks - can be placed on the track as a trap
  3. Flame Power - Invincibility
  4. Exploding Traffic Light - Timed Bomb
  5. Homing Missile - Tracks down First Place.
  6. Dummy Wheel - Slides across the ground
  7. Speed Bomb - swaps around places of whoever it hits
  8. Ice Crystal - can be thrown as weak but rapid projectiles
  9. Force Field - single-use shield

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Items will remain open, Champion of Hyrule's wheels will be used by default

1. Air Destroyer Goliath = 2
  2. Kiki's Broomstick = 4
  3. Mowe = 5
  4. Moro = 5
  5. Nago = 5
  6. Marco's Plane = 8
  7. Haku Dragon = 9
  8. Catbus = 14
The Catbus, Haku Dragon, and Marco's Plane will be added
Please vote here in the tiebreaker

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Toy Story Totoro (Totoro Skin) (i don't have idea for Totoro Skin,Totoro on this skin is fluffier and have sewing threads)

images (4).jpeg

Jungle Girl San (San Skin) (San's skin is she with a torn tiger dress and her mask is a wolf skull)

images.jpeg

Real Witch Kiki (Kiki and Gigi's Skin)
(Kiki is wearing a witch costume,while Gigi is wearing a collar with a bell)

images (2).jpeg

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
All skins will be used by default

Submit a public domain franchise!
Please submit a franchise from the public domain! Please note that only content within the public domain will be allowed for these IPs (so you may want to hold off on Pooh since there'd be no Tigger) Religious figures are not allowed. Non-entertainment historical figures are fine, even ones from recent memory, but make sure you don't submit Hitler or anything like that. If the subject matter isn't a work of fiction, like my Animals submission below, it will likely have tracks and/or costumes omitted for more racers at my discression.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Public Domain Characters

images (3).jpeg

Yes,but it probably count as crossover franchise on the past job,ii wanted to submit Urban Legend characters as Santa Claus,Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy,but i think that could be weird

Characters: Little Red Riding Hood (with the cartoony design),Dracula (with Bela Lugosi design) and Sherlock Holmes (with Basil Rathbone design)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Public Domain Characters

View attachment 371199

Yes,but it probably count as crossover franchise on the past job,ii wanted to submit Urban Legend characters as Santa Claus,Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy,but i think that could be weird

Characters: Little Red Riding Hood (with the cartoony design),Dracula (with Bela Lugosi design) and Sherlock Holmes (with Basil Rathbone design)
This is too vague. It isn't allowed.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Arthurian Legend

A bit out there compared to the other submissions, but this is one I feel very strongly on (thanks sonic and the black knight!). Love me some armored dudes with bad haircuts trying to find old Jesus stuff!

Jokes aside, Arthurian legend spans way more than the title character and his round table, so for that reason I feel most content should be excluded in favor of more racers. Tracks could be fun, wheels would be fun, but karts are impossible (unless you want 4 more horses), and skins I'm not sure on. Items are doable I think.

King Arthur - Merlin - Viviane (Lady of the Lake)

FazDude

Smash Master
Monsters

It's getting a little spooky out there! Even within the public domain, we have a lot of iconic monster designs to work with - vampires, werewolves (NOT the Wolfman; big difference), ghosts, all the generic ghouls you'd find in your everyday graveyard smash. If it's allowed, I'd also like to open the floor to monsters from mythology - the minotaur, sirens, etc.

For now, though, let's get the obvious out of the way;
  1. Dracula
  2. Frankenstein's Monster
  3. Witch

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sherlock Holmes

So you may at first consider this to be dubious given all the legal trouble things have gotten into with the Holmes estate, like them trying to argue giving Holmes complicated emotions isn’t allowed, BUT as of January 2023 all Sherlock Holmes books are in the public domain! I think, considering this, and how well known Sherlock Holmes is aa a character he would be great for being adapted into here.
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Irene Adler

D

Deleted member

Greek Mythology
Zeus, Athena, Ares
I know it said religious figures werent allowed, but I figure this is far enough ago that it wouldn't create any potential offense like Jesus or Budda. This would include any monsters and creatues like Medusa and Cerberus, any heroes like Hercules and Jason, and obviously the gods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Animals

Owl, Tardigrade, Cockroach (latter 2 sized up) - anything from the animal kingdom will be allowed, from the sky to the sea to the microscopic realm - even extinct animals!
Careers

Alot of jobs in the word require specific atire, the racers will be generic mannequins (can change color) wearing attire for respective jobs.

Race Car Driver
Chef
Zoo Keeper
Public Domain Franchise:

Holidays

View attachment 371200

I know Wa3 submitted this back during Christmas time but why not have a season dedicated to all different holidays and not just Winter ones? It could make for some fun ideas.

Racers:

Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny and Jack O’Lantern
Arthurian Legend

A bit out there compared to the other submissions, but this is one I feel very strongly on (thanks sonic and the black knight!). Love me some armored dudes with bad haircuts trying to find old Jesus stuff!

Jokes aside, Arthurian legend spans way more than the title character and his round table, so for that reason I feel most content should be excluded in favor of more racers. Tracks could be fun, wheels would be fun, but karts are impossible (unless you want 4 more horses), and skins I'm not sure on. Items are doable I think.

King Arthur - Merlin - Viviane (Lady of the Lake)
Monsters

It's getting a little spooky out there! Even within the public domain, we have a lot of iconic monster designs to work with - vampires, werewolves (NOT the Wolfman; big difference), ghosts, all the generic ghouls you'd find in your everyday graveyard smash. If it's allowed, I'd also like to open the floor to monsters from mythology - the minotaur, sirens, etc.

For now, though, let's get the obvious out of the way;
  1. Dracula
  2. Frankenstein's Monster
  3. Witch
Sherlock Holmes

So you may at first consider this to be dubious given all the legal trouble things have gotten into with the Holmes estate, like them trying to argue giving Holmes complicated emotions isn’t allowed, BUT as of January 2023 all Sherlock Holmes books are in the public domain! I think, considering this, and how well known Sherlock Holmes is aa a character he would be great for being adapted into here.
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Irene Adler

Greek Mythology
Zeus, Athena, Ares
I know it said religious figures werent allowed, but I figure this is far enough ago that it wouldn't create any potential offense like Jesus or Budda. This would include any monsters and creatues like Medusa and Cerberus, any heroes like Hercules and Jason, and obviously the gods.
  1. Greek Mythology
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. Monsters
  4. Arthurian Legend
  5. Holidays
  6. Careers
  7. Animals
Please vote for your top 3

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a mini-franchise that is widely considered bad!

Please submit a mini-franchise that is generally considered... poor. Not something that got bad or a bad take on a good source material, but something destined for infamy from day one. This will have a racer, track, and vehicle. Please include an image of the franchise, the items, and a song for the track. It doesn't have to be excruciatingly bad, it can also be just mediocre.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Animals
  2. Greek Myth
  3. Holidays

Bubsy

Racer: Bubsy
Vehicle: Wool UFO
Track: Furbitten Planet - song: Bubsy 2 Title
Furbitten Planet is a retro throwback to Bubsy 3D, using very similar primitive graphics. There are switches you can press to turn walls on and off, and Woolies will try to throw rocks at you

1. El Gato's Zapatos - Oil Tank
  2. Banana Box - Tacks
  3. Virgil Reality Helmet - Flame Power
  4. Floating Brain - Exploding Traffic Light
  5. Bubsy's Yarn Collection - Homing Missile
  6. Arnold the Armadillo - Dummy Wheel
  7. Giant Atom - Speed Bomb
  8. Legally Distinct Foam Toy Gun - Ice Crystal
  9. Shadow Shirt - Force Field

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Animals
2. Holidays
3. Monsters

All really fun choices but Animals seems like a season with a TON of potential right there because…well, it’s for the whole animal kingdom!

Mini-Franchise Submission:

The Room

IMG_8617.jpeg

One of the most famous bad movies of all time starring Tommy Wisseau. It’s turning 20 this year so a way to honor the cult who watches this movie would be to give it a mini season here in DriDim.

Racer: Johnny

Vehicle: Johnny’s Car (it would be based on the Mercedes Benz car he has but not be called a Mercedez Benz in game)

IMG_8619.jpeg

Track:

San Francisco

Music: The Room Main Theme

A longer track basically showcasing the landmarks of the movie itself. It’s like Mount Wario but you pass various landmarks and there’s even long parts with San Francisco landmarks where you go past the Golden Gate Bridge and what not. You’ll zoom by Johnny’s townhouse, the flower shop, etc. Watch out for the other cars and vehicles on the street though!

1. Oil Tank: Coffee Shop Cup of Coffee
  2. Tacks: The Dozen Red Roses
  3. Flame Power: Chocolate (the symbol of love)
  4. Exploding Traffic Light: The Tape Recorder
  5. Homing Missile: Doggie (Oh, hi doggie. Sorry doggie)
  6. Dummy Wheel: Water Bottle (The one that Johnny throws on the ground)
  7. Speed Bomb: Football
  8. Ice Crystal: The Candles
  9. Force Field: Johnny's Bed Pillows

Last edited:
Top Bottom