• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Champions of The Domain, a Public Domain Platform Fighter

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Domain of Dominance ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Champions of The Domain ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Clashdown Domain ( HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 )
Public Domain Domination ( AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Legends Unleashed ( Oddball Oddball )
Dominion ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Public Domination ( Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )
Domain of The Champions ( LoZ00 LoZ00 )

20 Characters and 25 Stages ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
36 Characters and 42 Stages ( HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 / LoZ00 LoZ00 )
35 Characters and 42 Stages ( AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
64 Characters and 74 Stages ( Oddball Oddball )
38 Characters and 43 Stages ( Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )
32 Characters and 40 Stages ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
44 Characters and 54 Stages ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

well,that's are the submissions that we have,vote on 3 of them, you can vote on your own submission but just in 3rd place

1. Champions of The Domain
2. Public Domain Domination
3. Clashdown Domain

1. 35 Characters and 42 Stages
2. 32 Characters and 40 Stages
3. 20 Characters and 25 Stages

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
1. Champions of the Domain
2. Legends Unleashed
3. Dominion

I prefer to not have the word "public domain" in the title. Just doesn't sound right in a title IMO.

1. 20/25
2. 35/42
3. 36/42

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
1. Champions of the Domain
2. Dominion
3. Domain of the Champions

1. 35 characters/42 stages
2. 32 characters/40 stages
3. 36 characters/42 stages

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Dominion
2. Public Domination
3. Domain of Dominance

1. 36/42
2. 64/74
3. 44/54

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Domain of Dominance: 1
Champions of The Domain: 12
Clashdown Domain: 1
Public Domain Domination: 3
Legends Unleashed: 2
Dominion: 8
Public Domination: 2
Domain of The Champions: 0

20 Characters and 25 Stages: 6
36 Characters and 42 Stages: 4
35 Characters and 42 Stages: 8
64 Characters and 74 Stages: 5
38 Characters and 43 Stages: 0
32 Characters and 40 Stages: 4
44 Characters and 54 Stages: 1

The game will be called Champions of The Domain, good work MartianSnake MartianSnake !

and the game will have 35 Characters and 42 Stages, good work too, AlteredBeast AlteredBeast !

---------

Next Job is...

Job 4: Submit a Stage for Sherlock Holmes and/or Alice

Now,it's time for submit a Stage for the first fighters,who are Sherlock Holmes and/or Alice,give your ideas

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Sherlock Holmes Stage

221B Baker Street

221b-Baker-Street-London-Sherlock-Holmes-Museum.jpg

The layout can be similar to Onett in a way but in London of course. Various pedestrians walk past the location made famous by Holmes. You may even see Watson make a cameo in the background too!

Alice Stage

Wonderland Chess Board

alice-chess.jpg

I was going to do Wonderland itself but I love Through the Looking Glass. The stage has the Pokémon Stadium 2 layout as I feel as chess is a competitive sport and that platform fighters are like chess, why not give Alice a home stage that has a competitively legal layout?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sherlock's Stage
Screenshot 2024-07-09 143620.png

River Thames
Taking place at the famous river and bridge in London, the fighters battle on the bridge and boats passing underneath while avoiding vehicles coming through.

Alice's Stage
download (6).jpg

Rabbit Hole
Taking place inside the famous hole Alice fell in, the fighters find themselves battling each other in an endless freefall fight using many falling objects as platforms.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Sherlock Stage: Baskerville Mansion
1720524187005.png

The home of the Baskervilles. Will act similar to the Smash Bros. Luigi's Mansion.

Alice Stage: Woods of the Jabberwock
Though not directly based on Alice in Wonderland but another Lewis Carroll creation(The Jabberwock), both have been tied together as if they're from the same universe, so we can make that the case here. It's set in the woods where the Jabberwock could be a stage boss similar to Yellow Devil and Metal Face in Smash Bros

Oddball

Smash Lord
Baker Street
The stage is set on Baker Street, right outside 221B, Sherlock Holmes’ famous residence. The background features a detailed Victorian London skyline with gas lamps, cobblestone streets, and horse-drawn carriages passing by. The main fighting area is a wide cobblestone street with a slight incline. A smaller platform above the main stage, representing the balcony of 221B Baker Street. Players can jump up to this platform. In addition, street lamps on either side of the stage act as additional platforms. Occasionally, a horse-drawn carriage will rush across the stage, dealing damage to any players in its path. Periodically, a thick London fog rolls in, reducing visibility and making it harder to see opponents and hazards.

Wonderland Garden
The stage is set in a vibrant, surreal garden filled with oversized flowers, twisting trees, and peculiar creatures. The background features the iconic Cheshire Cat grinning from a tree branch and the Mad Hatter’s tea party in the distance. A large, uneven garden path with colorful, oversized mushrooms acting as platforms. The path has slight inclines and dips, adding variety to the terrain. A floating platform resembling the Mad Hatter’s tea table, complete with teapots and cups. This platform moves horizontally across the stage although it does occasionally make unpredictable turns and twists. Giant flowers periodically bloom and close, acting as additional temporary platforms. The Cheshire Cat occasionally appears, causing parts of the stage to disappear and reappear, creating unpredictable gaps.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Fina-01.jpg

Reichenbach Falls
Where Sherlock had his final showdown with his fated nemesis, Professor Moritaty. This stage takes place on two cliff sides on each side with a waterfall in the middle. part of one of the cliffs will fall off and go crashing into he water below.
I
the-mad-hatters-tea-party.jpg

Mad Hatter's Tea Party
Fighters are shrunk down and fight on a table where a tea party is being held. Here are cups that act as mini platforms.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
221B Baker Street ( AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
River Thames ( Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )
Baskerville Mansion ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Baker Street ( Oddball Oddball )
London ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Reichenbach Falls ( D darkvortex )

Wonderland Chess Board ( AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Rabbit Hole ( Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )
Woods of The Jabberwock ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Wonderland Garden ( Oddball Oddball )
Wonderland Maze ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Mad Hatter's Tea Party ( D darkvortex )

i was waiting more submissions for stages,but that's good enough,it's vote time,vote on 3 of them,your submission will be on 3rd place

1. 221B Baker Street
2. Baskerville Mansion
3. Reichenbach Falls

1. Wonderland Garden
2. Wonderland Chess Board
3. Mad Hatter's Tea Party

darkvortex

Smash Champion
1. 221B Baker Street
2. London
3. Reichenbach Falls

1. Wonderland Garden
2. Wonderland Chess Board
3. Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
221B Baker Street: 6
River Thames: 0
Baskerville Mansion: 8
Baker Street: 11
London: 2
Reichenbach Falls: 9

Wonderland: Chess Board: 9
Rabbit Hole: 0
Woods of The Jabberwock: 1
Wonderland Garden: 18
Wonderland Maze: 0
Mad Hatter's Tea Party: 8

The Stage for Sherlock is Baker Street and the stage for Alice is Wonderland Garden, both were submitted by Oddball Oddball

-----------

Next job is...

Job 5: Pitch How Could Be The Moveset

one thing very important for a game is the gameplay, and this jog is you could create a moveset for this game,show your ideas

Job 6: Submit a Female Character

since Alice is on the roster,i think that is need more female characters on this roster who is in the begining

Discussion 1: How Could Be The Characters' Appearence?

this is a topic who we can discuss about it,this topic is how could be the characters' appearence?,the fighters will be composite characters,but in design for choose?...it's complicated, and also is about the alternate costumes

as example,for Sherlock Holmes,what design could be based?

anyone based on actor from movies or series?​

Sherlock from Fate?​

Sherlock from DC Comics?​
1720648480411.png

or Sherlock from Scooby Doo?​

and is this wonder for Alice

1720649284257.png

Alice from Disney?​

Alice from EA Games?​
1720649437485.png

or Alice from Tim Burton?​

and that's goes for the other fighters, as Robin Hood, Hercules and King Arthur, and for the future fighters

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #05: I think the moveset philosophy could work well if it just takes inspiration from the characters based on stuff from their source material. For instance, I think Sherlock having a moveset inspired by boxing could work well (given he was a prizefighter prior to becoming a detective!) As for function, though... given the title of the thread specifically asks for a platfighter, I'll just suggest Smash Ultimate's gameplay as a baseline that everyone should understand.

Job #06:
Character Name: Bloody Mary
Character Origin: Folklore / Urban Legends

Similar to how I submitted Captain Marvel earlier, I felt this would be a neat opportunity to explore another lesser-known element of the public domain - urban legends. Given that a lot of urban legends don't actually have a given origin and essentially exist as modern folklore, it puts them on the table for something like this - and while I do have a few interesting candidates in mind, one that I think will resonate the best is Bloody Mary.

While the specifics of the legend will differ depending on circumstance, the general gist is the same - Bloody Mary is a ghost who can be conjured from mirrors after engaging in a ritual to summon her. This, in turn, is usually with the intention of foreseeing the future. While more modern variations of the myth tend to associate her with a wide variety of elements, the legend's origins come from a supposed ritual of unmarried young women in Victorian times walking backwards up a darkened flight of stairs with a mirror and a candle, allowing them to see in the mirror either the reflection of their future husband's face, or that of the Grim Reaper.

These scary concepts would easily lend to plenty of potential for Mary's moveset here. My immediate thought process is that she could have various mirror-warping abilities - something akin to that of Orcane in Rivals, perhaps - as well as a prominent theme of fighting with candles and shards of glass. Plus, her Victorian feel and pretty spooky nature would probably let her fit well amongst other characters I'm sure we're likely to see a lot of - classic monsters and icons of Victorian literature, for example.

While there's a lot of urban legends and modern myths I considered submitting here (specific shoutouts to Hanako-san and the Wendigo on that front), this one felt like something pretty fun that I think most people would be more familiar with.

Discussion #01: Ideally, it'd be really cool if we could have original designs of a sort so that we can explore what they might be capable of as a whole - such as, for instance, giving Alice the Vorpal Blade to fight with - but honestly, I don't really mind what design gets used for the purposes of this thread as long as it's obviously recognisable as that character.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Nelvana

Nelvana is a Canadian public domain superhero. She's one of the first female superheroes, debuting even before Wonder Woman and is pretty influential, even being on a Canadian stamp at one point. Her powers include flight as well as shapeshifting and telepathy so she could have a very interesting moveset.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 5: Moveset Pitch
Gonna go with something like what Smash Ultimate has.

Job 6: Female Fighter
Screenshot 2024-07-11 104156.png

Dorothy (Wizard of Oz, book became public domain)
First Appearance:
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1990)

A little girl and her dog who end up in a strange land after a cyclone (twister in movie) carried away their house and go off to kill a witch with a lion, a tin guy, and a scarecrow.

On the battlefield, she would be accompanied by her three companions who have courage, a heart, and a body.
(Riding on the lion as a mount with the scarecrow and tinman joining in)

Discussion 1:
I would have original designs since other incarnations of Public Domain characters are copyrighted

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Female character...

MEDUSA

856380-medusa.jpg

Hailing from Greek mythology, Medusa is one of the most famous female monsters of all time. Once a beautiful maiden loved by Poseidon, but she offended Athena and was cursed to become a monster with snakes for hair and a gaze so hideous that anyone who looked upon her turned to stone. Some versions of the myth also give her bat like wings, which she could use in the game for transformations.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 6: Little Red Ridding Hood

Little Red Riding Hood is a main character from a european fairy tale written by Charles Perralut and the Brothers Grimm, Little Red is a little girl who go to the forest to go to gramma's house,then she discovers a wolf,who is also coming into gramma's house.

Little Red Riding Hood is very known by her multiples adatiations, inspirations and references about herself, she is so iconic as a public domain character,she can fight... because yes

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
From the way you worded your post, I'm a bit unclear as to whether you want us to give a full set of costumes for each character, or just a basic look.
So, here's some basics for a few of the characters.

7f21ac0a8412afa58c9c8bb4d661b16f.jpg

I really like this as a default King Arthur design.

861849-sherlockholmes.jpg

This looks like the definitive Sherlock Holmes

And for Robin Hood, something like the Eroll Flynn look.
Robinhood errol Flynn.jpg

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Discussion 1 - Character designs (I feel like Oddball Oddball had the best designs for Sherlock and Robin Hood so I won't submit ideas for them.)
Alice Design: Her design should be based on the version from the unmade Mary Pickford film from 1933
1720697619000.png

Hercules Design: Continuing the trend of picking the more obscure Disney adaptation for design, I chose Hercules' iteration from Encanto as a basis for design.
1720698175000.png

King Arthur Design: His design should be based on the Monty Python iteration
1720697404882.png

Job 6: Jenny Everywhere
1720698509310.png

Chosen for a slightly more obscure character and if we do have a story mode, her abilities as someone who can travel realities could play into it.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Hey quick thing regarding the design discussion

Doesn't picking specific designs from copyrighted adaptations of the characters kinda defeat some of the point of this? I don't think we should be doing votes for what kinds of designs we should use for the characters.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
well,for moveset is already decided,it will be Smash Ultimate-Like

while the characters' designs for base will be original designs for all the characters, similar to Inverse Ninjas VS Public Domain, who have original designs for the characters too

Bloody Mary ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Nelvana ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Dorothy ( Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )
Medusa ( Oddball Oddball )
Little Red Riding Hood ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Scheherazade ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Jenny Everywhere ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Rapunzel ( D darkvortex )
Baba Yaga ( TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER )

alright,that is where we have,vote on 4 of them,your vote have to be on 3rd or 4th place

1. Dorothy
2. Rapunzel
3. Little Red Riding Hood
4. Jenny Everywhere

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Bloody Mary: 0
Nelvana: 4
Dorothy: 10
Medusa: 8
Little Red Riding Hood: 18
Scheherazade: 1
Jenny Everywhere: 3
Rapunzel: 13
Baba Yaga: 10

in the first place, the winner is the girl who founded the big bad wolf, Little Red Riding Hood with 18 Points, submitted by me, DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26

(now i finaly put a gif for the character winner)

and in the second place, the second winner is the princess who have a very long hair, Rapunzel with 13 Points, congratulations D darkvortex

----------

next job is....

Job 7: Sumbit a Sherlock Holmes' Moveset

this job is you submiting a moveset for Sherlock Holmes, who in this case is just 4 Special Attacks (Neutral, Side, Up and Down) and a Final Smash who is called Super Domain Finale

Job 8: Submit a Mode For The Game

this job is you submiting a mode for this game, and speaking of this...
i'm gonna add a mode that it can't be voted and i'm feeling that is missing, a Training Mode, but i can submit one more other thing
and show to me your idea

Top Bottom