• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: A Kingdom Hearts Without Disney

What/who should be the main company/idea for this AU Kingdom Hearts?

• Cartoons as a whole

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Warner Bros

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
kingdom-hearts-logo-F710389457-seeklogo.com.png

You all know Kingdom Hearts....the Disney/Square Enix ARPG video game about friendship, working together and magic? Well...this is another AU thread where...we are now in the world where Disney is not involved with Kingdom Hearts. That's right, Kingdom Hearts is about to be COMPLETELY different with who's involved with it. We're rewriting the Kingdom Hearts series and lore here. Yes, Sora will be in Smash stll in this case. But, it's time to see where this AU will take us. It's gonna be one wild ride of friendship.

With us working with Square Enix here, we are bound to see what can happen if Hashimoto never met that Disney executive in that elevator.

TBD

Sora: main character
Felix the Cat and Astro Boy: Sora's Partners

TBD

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 1:

Submit a company or general concept to be the theme/main partner of the Kingdom Hearts series. You can submit something like Warner Bros, Nintendo, etc. for comapnies. However, you cannot submit Disney obviously.

As for concepts, you can say something like an "All-Star Animation" crossover, Horror movies, indie games, etc. Don't submit something like "all of fiction" as that's too wide of a scope. Please explain what the company/idea has in store for the series and how it will fit the Kingdom Hearts world.

Get submitting! Let's see your creative ideas!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Cartoons as a whole

Theatrical, televised, indie, CGI, 2D, stop motion, Japanese, European, American, animated, comics, you name it - anything except for theatrical Disney and Pixar. This would open up a lot of opportunities for franchises we couldn't get otherwise. You can't exactly build a whole Kingdom Hearts out of a studio with a limited collection like say, Aardman or Laika, or something like Hanna-Barbera or Nickelodeon that is mostly comprised of slice-of-life stuff, but those films and shows still deserve recognition here.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
My crazy idea

PBS Kids Kingdom Hearts

PBS-Kids-Logo-2009.png

Yeah, that's right. I'm being very loose with corporate baggage here but PBS Kids Kingdom Hearts would actually be quite funny given a lot of the shows talk about friendship. Yes, I'll allow the shows that are owned by other companies but...worlds based on the Island of Sodor, the Land of Make-Believe, Elwood City, Sesame Street, the Busterfield Library, even the world of Caillou (yes, I went there) would be so fun and funny. I guess this would be a baby's first ARPG here.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Nintendo

The idea here is an a continuation of the original partnership that resulted in Super Mario RPG.

The focus would primarily be on Nintendo properties but the Square Enix side of things would be much more than what we have in actual KH. Not just a few Final Fantasy characters, but characters and locations from Chrono Trigger/Cross, Dragon Quest, Parasite Eve, etc would be brought in as well. Rather than just a joint production Mario game, it would be a true crossover between both companies.

The original KH content and narrative I see as being mostly intact, but everything else of course is replaced with Nintendo and Square Enix content.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Nintendo

The idea here is an a continuation of the original partnership that resulted in Super Mario RPG.

The focus would primarily be on Nintendo properties but the Square Enix side of things would be much more than what we have in actual KH. Not just a few Final Fantasy characters, but characters and locations from Chrono Trigger/Cross, Dragon Quest, Parasite Eve, etc would be brought in as well. Rather than just a joint production Mario game, it would be a true crossover between both companies.

The original KH content and narrative I see as being mostly intact, but everything else of course is replaced with Nintendo and Square Enix content.
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 already submitted Nintendo

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
As odd as this might have seemed when I first submitted it, I feel like it might be a good idea - namely, the Public Domain. If you try and think of some of the most universally iconic and ubiquitous "characters" in fiction, some that spring to mind might be Santa Claus, Sherlock Holmes, or Sun Wukong - all of whom are counted under here. In addition, we could also include fictionalised interpretations of historical figures - Nikola Tesla, Nobunaga Oda, King Arthur, Harry Houdini?

That said, I think it might make more sense for worlds to be larger in scope, but have several plots take place in them, perhaps using H.G. Wells's Time Machine. Imagine, if you will - places like Victorian-era Paris in which the ongoing rivalry between the heroic Nyctalope and the enigmatic phantom thief, Arsene Lupin, is a major theme... all coupled with the mysterious vampires continuing to rise from the Parisian catacombs? Or perhaps Sora's counterpart visiting Mars, where John Carter istrying to fend off the seemingly endless legion of Tripods that seek the destruction of humanity? Just a couple of examples - there's plenty of ways you can extrapolate these themes and include all kinds of wild ideas and concepts from throughout the history of both the world and the process of storytelling.

With anything from literature, to films, to early comic books, to myths and legends, to historical figures, to urban legends, and so much beyond, there's a massive amount of potential here.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
As odd as this might have seemed when I first submitted it, I feel like it might be a good idea - namely, the Public Domain. If you try and think of some of the most universally iconic and ubiquitous "characters" in fiction, some that spring to mind might be Santa Claus, Sherlock Holmes, or Sun Wukong - all of whom are counted under here. In addition, we could also include fictionalised interpretations of historical figures - Nikola Tesla, Nobunaga Oda, King Arthur, Harry Houdini?

That said, I think it might make more sense for worlds to be larger in scope, but have several plots take place in them, perhaps using H.G. Wells's Time Machine. Imagine, if you will - places like Victorian-era Paris in which the ongoing rivalry between the heroic Nyctalope and the enigmatic phantom thief, Arsene Lupin, is a major theme... all coupled with the mysterious vampires continuing to rise from the Parisian catacombs? That's just one example - there's plenty of ways you can extrapolate these themes and include all kinds of wild ideas and concepts from throughout the history of both the world and the process of storytelling.
Are you mean...these two series?

images (1).jpeg

images (2).jpeg

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord

Nickelodeon
I just think this would be funny. Spongebob characters doing magic and stuff is something I need to see. This is mainly comedy series, which is part of the appeal, but does also give us action shows like Avatar, and even TMNT later on. A Rugrats world where you turn into a baby or a rocko IWoeld or a ten and stimpy world, it would be super funny to see how we make this work

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
CDN media

Weekly Shonen Jump
Shonen Jump is perhaps one of, if not the most well-known manga magazine ever in Japan since they contain most popular anime/manga IPs you have seen in your lifetime such as Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Death Note, Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh, and so much more. Especially when they are featured much heavily in crossover games of their own where they tend to clash one another. But it be even more cooler to actually explore each of their worlds instead. You can team up with Goku in a Dragon Ball World, learn to be a Ninja in a Naruto World, using a Stand in a Jojo world, and lot more. There is lot of good potential for a Kingdom Hearts with Shonen Jump. It be cool to see all this work with Sqaure Enix.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Basically just copying what i posted somewhere else.

Kingdom hearts but instead of Final fantasy its Tales of and instead of Disney its Warner bros.

A Sora like character designed by the Tales of character designer but he's hanging out with Daffy and Porky as they go through world like Batman, Dexter and the iron giant.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
View attachment 379619
SEGA!

I wanna see sora in a monkey ball! I wanna see roxas eat a chili dog on a clock tower in rooftop Run! Consider the possibilities!
Imagining 358/2 days with chili dogs instead of ice cream and Professor Pickle showing up periodically is making me actually want this for how hilarious it would be.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 1: Graphic Novels

If this gets picked, we could have a lot of good material to choose from: Amulet, Nimona, Bone, Dead End, Cleopatra in Space, and more

BTW, Everyone else picked good ideas and can't to see this version's Princesses of Heart/Assembly of Darkness

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Playstation

1st 2 mainline games were originally PS2 exclusives as were many other games by square at the time. Also dont think there really is an active Playstation focused creates thread right now. Although i do still like the idea of building this as sort of a Nintendo/Smash RPG.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I will leave submissions open for at least 2 more days. However, here are some more ideas for those wanting to submit an idea for a main company/concept for the Kingdom Hearts without Disney:
  • A Hasbro/General toy company Kingdom Hearts (was considering doing this)
  • A Universal Studios Kingdom Hearts
  • Indie games Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts based around horror films
  • Sony as a whole company (not just games but their films)
  • WildBrain Kingdom Hearts

Overall, some food for thought here for those wanting to get an idea. Feel free to use one of these ideas for your submission.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Capcom

Might be predictable to just have one company but I think Capcom has enough variety to make it really interesting and I would like to see how stuff like street fighter is adapted. They had a good amount of IP’s at the time that would mean most of Capcom’s biggest IP’s (not monster hunter sorry) could make it in the first game while still having room for relatively obscure titles

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I have decided that I will close submissions either Friday or Saturday! I am loving the ideas that I am seeing. Once again, those who have an idea for a company or concept, feel free to share it here. I also have ideas for you all to use here as well. Then, we will get voting and start creating this alternate universe!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Cartoons as a whole

Theatrical, televised, indie, CGI, 2D, stop motion, Japanese, European, American, animated, comics, you name it - anything except for theatrical Disney and Pixar. This would open up a lot of opportunities for franchises we couldn't get otherwise. You can't exactly build a whole Kingdom Hearts out of a studio with a limited collection like say, Aardman or Laika, or something like Hanna-Barbera or Nickelodeon that is mostly comprised of slice-of-life stuff, but those films and shows still deserve recognition here.
My crazy idea

PBS Kids Kingdom Hearts

View attachment 379610

Yeah, that's right. I'm being very loose with corporate baggage here but PBS Kids Kingdom Hearts would actually be quite funny given a lot of the shows talk about friendship. Yes, I'll allow the shows that are owned by other companies but...worlds based on the Island of Sodor, the Land of Make-Believe, Elwood City, Sesame Street, the Busterfield Library, even the world of Caillou (yes, I went there) would be so fun and funny. I guess this would be a baby's first ARPG here.
View attachment 379611
Nintendo
Gonna go with this to keep things simple.

For worlds... there's a LOT of franchises/series to pick!
Nintendo

Job 1: Marv-wait a minute!

I wanted to submit Marvel,but Marvel is from Disney

So i will go to another company who is Disney Rival

Job 1: DreamWorks

View attachment 379612

Yeah,Kingdom Hearts with DreamWorks...and i'm not the only one who have this idea,search some fanarts,fandom wikis,fanfics and etc.

That said, I think it might make more sense for worlds to be larger in scope, but have several plots take place in them, perhaps using H.G. Wells's Time Machine. Imagine, if you will - places like Victorian-era Paris in which the ongoing rivalry between the heroic Nyctalope and the enigmatic phantom thief, Arsene Lupin, is a major theme... all coupled with the mysterious vampires continuing to rise from the Parisian catacombs? Or perhaps Sora's counterpart visiting Mars, where John Carter istrying to fend off the seemingly endless legion of Tripods that seek the destruction of humanity? Just a couple of examples - there's plenty of ways you can extrapolate these themes and include all kinds of wild ideas and concepts from throughout the history of both the world and the process of storytelling.

With anything from literature, to films, to early comic books, to myths and legends, to historical figures, to urban legends, and so much beyond, there's a massive amount of potential here.

Nickelodeon
I just think this would be funny. Spongebob characters doing magic and stuff is something I need to see. This is mainly comedy series, which is part of the appeal, but does also give us action shows like Avatar, and even TMNT later on. A Rugrats world where you turn into a baby or a rocko IWoeld or a ten and stimpy world, it would be super funny to see how we make this work
CDN media

Weekly Shonen Jump
Shonen Jump is perhaps one of, if not the most well-known manga magazine ever in Japan since they contain most popular anime/manga IPs you have seen in your lifetime such as Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Death Note, Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh, and so much more. Especially when they are featured much heavily in crossover games of their own where they tend to clash one another. But it be even more cooler to actually explore each of their worlds instead. You can team up with Goku in a Dragon Ball World, learn to be a Ninja in a Naruto World, using a Stand in a Jojo world, and lot more. There is lot of good potential for a Kingdom Hearts with Shonen Jump. It be cool to see all this work with Sqaure Enix.
Basically just copying what i posted somewhere else.

Kingdom hearts but instead of Final fantasy its Tales of and instead of Disney its Warner bros.

A Sora like character designed by the Tales of character designer but he's hanging out with Daffy and Porky as they go through world like Batman, Dexter and the iron giant.
View attachment 379619
SEGA!

I wanna see sora in a monkey ball! I wanna see roxas eat a chili dog on a clock tower in rooftop Run! Consider the possibilities!

They are rivals. Lots of well-known characters like Disney. Looney Tunes, DC Comics, Cartoon Network, Scooby Doo. Has crossover games.
Job 1: Graphic Novels

If this gets picked, we could have a lot of good material to choose from: Amulet, Nimona, Bone, Dead End, Cleopatra in Space, and more

BTW, Everyone else picked good ideas and can't to see this version's Princesses of Heart/Assembly of Darkness
Playstation

1st 2 mainline games were originally PS2 exclusives as were many other games by square at the time. Also dont think there really is an active Playstation focused creates thread right now. Although i do still like the idea of building this as sort of a Nintendo/Smash RPG.
Capcom

Might be predictable to just have one company but I think Capcom has enough variety to make it really interesting and I would like to see how stuff like street fighter is adapted. They had a good amount of IP’s at the time that would mean most of Capcom’s biggest IP’s (not monster hunter sorry) could make it in the first game while still having room for relatively obscure titles
Alright everyone, it's time to vote for the Kingdom Hearts concept you want the most! Vote for your top 5 but you can only put your own in fourth or fifth place!

Cartoons as a whole Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
PBS Kids AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Nintendo Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Nintendo + Square Enix IPs Kirbeh Kirbeh
DreamWorks DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Public Domain KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Nickelodeon darkvortex darkvortex
Weekly Shonen Jump Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Warner Bros but influenced by the Tales series Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade
SEGA MartianSnake MartianSnake
Warner Bros Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Graphic Novels Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Playstation nirvanafan nirvanafan
Capcom Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule

Now onward to the next part of business:

How do you think we should handle the original characters? Do we keep Sora or do we make completely new characters? We should discuss as a thread about this first.

Regardless, happy voting and discussing!

1. Cartoons as a whole
2. Public Domain
3. Nintendo + Square Enix IPs
4. Warner Bros
5. PBS Kids

I feel the concept Wa3 posed has a LOT of potential. Not being stuck to one brand plus the multiple possibilities of worlds can really work. Same with Knee and their idea for a public domain Kingdom Hearts. The Nintendo + Square Enix IPs is a great idea too given Kingdom Hearts in this world was inspired by Mario. I always wondered how a Warner Bros Kingdom Hearts would go. Finally, self-vote for PBS Kids Kingdom Hearts as I just think it would be hilarious for a full on PBS Kids ARPG game.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think it should depend on case-by-case.

1. Dreamworks
  2. WB
  3. Public Domain
  4. Cartoons as a whole
  5. Nintendo + Squenix
Honourable mention to PBS, but I think the novelty would quickly wear off there.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Cartoons (i really like animation,i don't know if animation counts as a genre,but i wonder which characters will be King Mickey and Donald and Goofy on this alternate universe)
2. Warner Bros (Warner is a biggest Disney Rival,and it will be great Bugs Bunny as King Mickey)
3. Public Domain (very fanfic idea of like Fate meeting Kingdom Hearts)
4. DreamWorks (self-Vote,it will be great Sora exploring Kung Fu Panda universe,How To Train Your Dragon Universe and Monsters VS Aliens universe)
5. Nintendo + Square (it will be good Mario as King Mickey)

HM: Nickelodeon,Shonen Jump,Capcom,PlayStation and Sega

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Cartoons (i really like animation,i don't know if animation counts as a genre,but i wonder which characters will be King Mickey and Donald and Goofy on this alternate universe)
2. Warner Bros (Warner is a biggest Disney Rival,and it will be great Bugs Bunny as King Mickey)
3. DreamWorks (self-Vote, and will be great Sora on Kung Fu Panda universe,How To Train Your Dragon universe and Monsters VS Aliens universe)
4. Public Domain (very fanfic idea of like Fate meeting Kingdom Hearts)
5. Nintendo + Square (it will be good Mario as King Mickey)

HM: Nickelodeon,Shonen Jump,Capcom,PlayStation and Sega
Your gonna have to move DreamWorks down to fourth or fifth place.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
1. Cartoons as a whole
2. Warner Bros
4. Shonen Jump
5. Dreamworks

One question actually. If say Cartoons as a whole gets picked. Is it just them with no Square Enix IP? Since the purpose of KH (least back in 1) was to have cartoons and JRPG characters together.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  1. Public Domain
  2. Dreamworks
  3. Warner Bros + Tales
  4. Graphic Novels(Self Vote)
  5. Nintendo + Square Enix
HM to everything else not mentioned in the list

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  1. Nintendo + Square Enix IPs (Mario is like the gaming version of Mickey mouse. There's a lot of cool worlds you could pull from. With something like his you want world variety and not just similar settings, this gives us fantasy with Zelda, modern ish with Pokemon and Earthbound, space with Metroid and star Fox, and so much more. Plus Mushroom Kingdom Hearts is still a great title)
  2. WB (the non tales variety (I think Sqaure needs to be involved for this to make any sense). Pretty big but does give us a lot to work wirh. Bugs and the Tunes fit very well as our Mickey analogs and gives us across to stuff like the Iron Giant, the animated versions of Barman and superman, Hannah Barbera, Lord of the Rings, HP and more.)
  3. Dreamworks (A pretty obvious parallel. Lots of beloved animated films. My one worry is that when Kh1 comes out they haven't made a lot of their iconic franchises yet. )
  4. SEGA (Sonic is pretty iconic and fits pretty well as our Mickey . It was between this and Capcom and I simply think the Sonic-ness of it all won me over)
  5. Animation as a whole (This is pretty big, and I wonder about scope creep or getting too big , but it's still a really fun idea and would be massive)
Shoutut ou t to public domain, fun but I feel you loose the special factor of a crossover if it's stuff anyone can use, and Shoenen Jump but I feel like there's be a lack of familiarity there and I also think it's more special if this is with a western company (Nintendo\Sega being the exepection)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Alright everyone, it's time to vote for the Kingdom Hearts concept you want the most! Vote for your top 5 but you can only put your own in fourth or fifth place!

Cartoons as a whole Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
PBS Kids AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Nintendo Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Nintendo + Square Enix IPs Kirbeh Kirbeh
DreamWorks DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Public Domain KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Nickelodeon darkvortex darkvortex
Weekly Shonen Jump Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Warner Bros but influenced by the Tales series Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade
SEGA MartianSnake MartianSnake
Warner Bros Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Graphic Novels Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Playstation nirvanafan nirvanafan
Capcom Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule

Now onward to the next part of business:

How do you think we should handle the original characters? Do we keep Sora or do we make completely new characters? We should discuss as a thread about this first.

Regardless, happy voting and discussing!

1. Cartoons as a whole
2. Public Domain
4. Warner Bros
5. PBS Kids

I feel the concept Wa3 posed has a LOT of potential. Not being stuck to one brand plus the multiple possibilities of worlds can really work. Same with Knee and their idea for a public domain Kingdom Hearts. The Nintendo + Square Enix IPs is a great idea too given Kingdom Hearts in this world was inspired by Mario. I always wondered how a Warner Bros Kingdom Hearts would go. Finally, self-vote for PBS Kids Kingdom Hearts as I just think it would be hilarious for a full on PBS Kids ARPG game.
Concept Voting:
  1. Nintendo & Square-Enix seems like it'd have good historical precedent and potential, but not only that, I think there's quite a lot you could do with it. Even beyond just the Nintendo stuff (which I think could genuinely be pretty fun with quite a few series, I'd love to see a Pikmin Sora!), actually getting more Square-Enix beyond just Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, and then the TWEWY cast in literally just Dream Drop Distance would be really cool. And, like, imagine Sora's partners literally just being Geno and Mallow. That'd be pretty cool.
  2. Warner Bros. could honestly be a lot of fun - whilst it would inevitably feel pretty analogous in some ways to Disney's stuff, I reckon there'd likely be a lot more variety in the kinds of stuff covered. Sora visiting the Matrix, as an example, feels like a really natural and pretty fun concept you could do a lot with. Though, I imagine the Looney Tunes would also lend pretty well to being an eclectic mix of side-characters.
  3. Weekly Shonen Jump could be really, really good... if handled properly. As fun as it'd be, I think it'd be important to go with a wide variety of franchises and visual styles as opposed to just going for similar action-based fighting manga over and over again. Though, I can't deny that giving Sora a ****ing Stand would go incredibly hard. Come to think of it, this is something that could be really fun if you give the more popular battle manga (ie, your Fist of the North Star, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Dragon Ball, etc) some unusual, oddball stuff to play off, like your joke manga or the like.
  4. Animation in general is such a kind of bizarre idea, but at the same time, I can't help but find it fascinating. Though, I do sort of wonder how this would turn out - I can't help but feel like "Aardman World" would kind of be a disservice to the potential of like, Wallace and Gromit as an example. That said, I do still think this would end up feeling insane in a good way - just imagining Sora interacting with like, Frieza, Gromit and Rick Sanchez is something I feel like would become a smash hit out of absurdity alone.
  5. Public Domain is a shameless self-vote, but I think there's a lot of potential with this. Anything from interacting with myths and legends from around the world, to exploring the origins of cinema, or even joining the Diogenes Club in Victorian London, lends pretty well to plenty of potential - plus, every year, you get even more to play with!
Shoutout to Dreamworks, though I'm not sure they'd really have enough of an identity to really work during the early 2000s compared to some other companies who might have more to work with. As much as a modern take with them could potentially be really fun, that did kind of lessen their impact to me. Even so, it'd be really cool to see them.

Original Characters:
I think it's worth considering, because as much as people joke about the Kingdom Hearts' actual story being very disconnected to the Disney stuff, it feels like it'd be a good idea to consider whatever this thread ends up being and then work around that. (This isn't even just Sora, this is pretty much the entire plot.)

That being said, I do still think a Sora-type character (that being, a Square-designed "blank slate" who in some way changes their design to reflect the worlds in which they arrive) would be a good call, as would some sort of ally or pair of allies from the franchise this series ends up becoming a part of.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
OCs: Depends how we wanna do this . Sora became the way he is because they wanted a more Disney protagonist, Mickey and Donald where both considered as the main character before an O C was decided on. he was originally designed as a more animal ish character with a chainsaw, but Disney balked at the chainsaw and Sqaure already had a animal human hybrid MC in Ff9's Zidane, so he was reworked. Overall, assuming Tetsuya Nomura is involved then we likey still get Sora in some form, but will likely get some changes to fit his setting. Ricku and Kairi would also be similar cases

Sora_Concept_KH1.jpg

Sora was intended to be a normal boy in an amazing setting, Nomura apparently wanted to give players the message that "even though they are not "important people", they have the opportunity to accomplish great things" so it's likely be would fill a similar role here

It would be nice if any lore we introduce doesn't end up over shadowing our crossover elements as happens in later canon KN games. I think KH1 is a good balance to take inspiration from. Also getting ahead of myself a bit here, but i'd like if the FF\SE crossover characters stayed more active part of the franchise rather than vanishing form the series in later games, especially if something like Nintendo wins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom