• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: A Kingdom Hearts Without Disney

What/who should be the main company/idea for this AU Kingdom Hearts?

• Cartoons as a whole

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Warner Bros

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
1. Nintendo (Mamboo7's version)
2. Sega
3. Capcom
4. Public Domain
5. PlayStation

OCs: I think we should try to preserve Sora and co. but I do think it would be a case-by-case basis depending on which scenario gets chosen. I don't think it'd be too much trouble working them into most of the suggestions made (other game companies/Jump), but I do think a new cast would be preferable for certain choices; Nick, PBS Kids, Dreamworks, Warner, etc.

And, like, imagine Sora's partners literally just being Geno and Mallow. That'd be pretty cool.
Not too far off what I have in mind actually. The Ninty/Squeenix KH is an idea I've actually had for a good while, to the point where I had word documents detailing how it'd be. I'll have to see about digging those up. If not for this thread, I'd like to do something with them at some point.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I feel we could keep sora, but his design would likely change based on what wins. A nick, sega or warner design would like have a bit more "edge" to it ,fitting more with the cartoon violence of looney times or nicktoons. Nintendo would likely be similar but with some mario inspired touches, Dreamworks would have a design reflect the more "hip" styling of the company

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
One thing I should note, since I think this is a misinterpretation someone had, is that my proposition isn't slamming entire companies into one world - so, for instance, we wouldn't do a "Shonen Jump World" with Goku and Luffy together, we would do independent Dragon Ball and One Piece worlds should they be voted in.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
One thing I should note, since I think this is a misinterpretation someone had, is that my proposition isn't slamming entire companies into one world - so, for instance, we wouldn't do a "Shonen Jump World" with Goku and Luffy together, we would do independent Dragon Ball and One Piece worlds should they be voted in.
I feel like an expetion could be made for like, marvel and dc, but otherwise I agree

honestly I wish I submitted "video games" for my submission

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Voting will close tomorrow or Monday at some point but....

For the discussion question I posed, I feel Sora could be kept, but as others have said, it's a case-by-case deal. However, I do like the points darkvortex darkvortex posed about how Sora's artstyle would change based on the company the game is about. Overall, I'm more in favor of keeping Sora to be honest than creating a new character.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright...it's been way too long for this...but here are the results from voting!

Cartoons as a whole: 34
PBS Kids: 1
Nintendo: 21
Nintendo + Square Enix: 19
DreamWorks: 19
Public Domain: 26
Nickelodeon: 5
Weekly Shonen Jump: 11
SEGA: 13
Warner Bros: 34
Warner Bros + Tales: 3
Graphic Novels: 2
PlayStation: 5
Capcom: 9

Looks like we have a tie between cartoons as a whole and Warner Bros! We will do a run-off poll which will close tomorrow! Please vote on the poll so we can start our AU for Kingdom Hearts!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok, seems based on the votes...this Kingdom Hearts will be....a game honoring Cartoons as a whole! So, congrats to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario for this submission!

Now, let's get discussing on some things for our next jobs:

Job 3:

How many franchises or worlds should we have in the first Kingdom Hearts game?

Job 4:

As darkvortex darkvortex has pointed out, how should we handle a company/series ratio for franchise representation for the cartoons?

Job 5:

Decide on two cartoon characters to be Sora's partners!

Get discussing and submitting!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 3: 10 Other Franchises Worlds and 5 Original Worlds

Job 4: i Don't Know

Job 5: Bugs Bunny and Spongebob

images (2).jpeg

(Credits: smashPUG64 on Deviantart)

Well,the king will be Mickey same from original Kingdom Hearts and Mickey is Mario from animations,while Sora's partners will be two other iconic cartoon characters,Bugs Bunny and Spongebob,Bugs will be on Donald's place and Spongebob will be on Goofy's place

I also wanted Felix The Cat as Sora's Partner,but i think that Felix fits more as a kinda of anti-hero who will be similar to Oswald The Lucky Rabbit on Kingdom Hearts fanfics

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I was gonna submit Bimbo the Dog from Betty Boop and Wimpy from Popeye as my duo, but I feel like I can't really justify their personalities within the themes of Kingdom Hearts, even if they'd play off of one another and our Sora counterpart well

Bad Badtz-Maru and My Melody
1699549241712.png

Melody is the mage, while Badtz-Maru is the sheild-wielding tank. They're cute, they're loyal, they're powerful, but one's a brat and the other's timid, so everything balances out. Dunno how we'll incorporate Kitty herself into this, though I don't think she should be our King Mickey.

Company ratio: I think we shouldn't sweat it for the most part - just do prompts based on tones or themes instead of studios, and temporarily rule out certain studios if we end up having bias issues

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #03: The original Kingdom Hearts had 13 worlds, though four of them (Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion and The End of the World) were original to the game. With that in mind, I'd like to suggest 10 unique "franchises", with only three worlds that'd be original. Though, including other stuff would be neat too - somewhere like Traverse Town including a variety of different characters makes sense, for instance.)

Job #04: I think it should depend on context. That being said - I think it could be pretty cool for us to pitch each game as though it's a collaboration with a certain few studios, with us maybe expanding our reach over time? That said, I think Wario3's take on not worrying about it beyond just tones and themes is a good shout. Just, I think it's important we consider when these games are releasing when submitting stuff - and ideally, it'd be nice to keep worlds to singular things as opposed to entire crossover worlds (for instance, a Looney Tunes world makes sense, but a "Cartoon Network World" might not fit so well.)

Job #05: This one's probably a little questionable, but my thought process behind it is that I'd want to "unite" both Eastern and Western animation with our main trio - with Sora (or his equivalent) being the person between them. After all, animation is a language spoken around the world, and I think that sense of unification would be really fun! So, with that in mind... who could we make a reasonable argument for being some of the larger, more prominent icons of Japanese and American animation whilst simultaneously being popular in both countries?

...yeah.

First up, both characters will recieve slight redesigns to facilitate them fitting in a little closer to the RPG look, akin to how Donald and Goofy did. In this case, Popeye acts more like a tank (presumably with sailor-based attacks and maybe a spinach self-buff? It'd be fun to have him fight with an entire anchor, akin to May from Guilty Gear, but complete with a massive chain too!), whereas Atom acts as a mage (using various pieces of technological equipment to "cast" it, presumably both from his own body with things like his armcannons, and then also a "staff" that can turn into a huge tech cannon of some kind for particularly powerful strikes.) Given Sora is presumably going to fit into the "hero" archetype, this thus acts as a decent trio, right?

As for exactly why these two - well, they're pretty popular, have fairly unique personalities, and are incredibly long-lasting. That said, I'll admit that I'm not sure if Atom is technically allowed due to his anime series being an adaptation of a manga - but even so, both characters are massively iconic to the world of animation. Plus, I can't help but love the idea of Atom's optimism and hope clashing with Popeye being somewhat doubting and a bit snarky. Not only this, but it'd be a good opportunity for us to include elements of Tezuka's Star System throughout the series if we wanted to go with something like that!

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Let's copy the original Kingdom Hearts. 14 worlds, ten from cartoons, three original, and one non combat mini-game world like 100 Acre Woods. However I think we could include other characters in other roles, similar to how Merlin and Beast appear in Traverse Town or Hollow Bastion respectively.

I don't think we should worry about company ratio too much. Just have fun with it. I think keeping tones and styles varied is more important than anything.

Daffy_Duck.svg.png
Patrick_Star.svg.png

Daffy Duck and Patrick Star

I think going with sidekicks as our team mates makes sense for KH. I think these two would play well off of each other. Daffy as the sarcastic, dry mage and Patrick as the loveable, honest but dimwitted knight.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job #03: 10 unique worlds and three original worlds. Because since this is Kingdom Hearts, 13 is still an important number of course.

Job #04: Ratio doesn't matter since we're gonna have lot of creative fun with whatever we can do that is not Disney. Which is alot.

Job #05: Felix the Cat and Astro Boy

These two are the two most oldest (well-known) animated characters for Western and Eastern Animation respectively. Felix can fill in Goofy's role where he can use his bag of tricks and Astro Boy can fill in Donald's role with all of his tech. They both defined how animation will go in both the west and east. Making it more cool to see them team up and help Sora in the many worlds that they helped to inspire.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 3: 8 Cartoon Worlds and 5 Original Worlds(Dive into the Heart, Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion and End of the World) plus other characters intergrated as Traverse Town cameos or Summons

Job 4: Agree with Just One Guy's response

Question: Will there still be FF characters in this universe or will we replace them with cartoon counterparts as well?

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 3: 11 cartoon worlds and 3 original worlds

Job 4: There are a lot of options

Job 5: Woody Woodpecker and Felix the Cat

Oldest non-Disney cartoon mascots.

Woody takes up Donald, and Felix takes up Goofy.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Job 3:

14 worlds, 10 cartoons and 4 Originals, I'll also give a separate number for extra representation: 6. These can be spent on summons, party members, npcs, bosses or easter eggs.

Job 5:

Marvin the Martian and Popeye??!?

I honestly think having a slightly villainous character on your side is a lot of fun, Marvin is typically in the "ineffectual villain" camp so I don't see any evil groups recruiting him. His sci-fi weaponry would also add a fun flavor to his magelike gameplay. Maybe we can even work in his appearance as some sort of elaborate community service.

On the other end we've got Popeye, he's strong and reliable with a good heart deep down. He'd make sure Marvin doesn't try anything during the games.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Earlier in the thread, I asked WarioWarioWario if Web stuff was possible and he replied with this
Yep, as do comics (web, superhero, or newspaper).
so W3 himself said this is possible, opening the floodgates even further

Job 5: Phone and Smiley(Bone)

I feel like both Phone and Smiley have Donald and Goofy vibes respectively. Phone would be a Knight while Smiley would be a Bard

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I will try to end the job around Tuesday.

So far, I believe for the third job, I feel what some have said about us sticking to the amount of worlds the first Kingdom Hearts has works for me. We can add extra representation as well.

For the fourth job, I feel moods work (I may need some help for prompts) as well as some company prompts. However, I feel we will mostly stick to moods for cartoon worlds.

For the fifth job...

Sora's Partners

Gertie the Dinosaur and Katsudō Shashin Sailor

Gertie_Luc_NFB_EncoreFrame48_2-1-e1564763236970.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Two of the earliest examples of cartoons and animation in both the west and east. I really like the idea of Felix the Cat and Astro Boy being the first but if we want to go way back...have these two as Sora's partners for historical significance. The sailor boy would fill the role of Donald while Gertie would be redesigned heavily and be like Goofy.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord

So far, I believe for the third job, I feel what some have said about us sticking to the amount of worlds the first Kingdom Hearts has works for me. We can add extra representation as well.

For the fourth job, I feel moods work (I may need some help for prompts) as well as some company prompts. However, I feel we will mostly stick to moods for cartoon worlds.

For the fifth job...

Sora's Partners

View attachment 380535View attachment 380536

Two of the earliest examples of cartoons and animation in both the west and east. I really like the idea of Felix the Cat and Astro Boy being the first but if we want to go way back...have these two as Sora's partners for historical significance. The sailor boy would fill the role of Donald while Gertie would be redesigned heavily and be like Goofy.
I feel like we should do the Villains Council and Princesses of Heart before we do worlds but as for world prompts...
  • Submit a Wasteland World - Early in the game, The Trio would encounter a desolate world and argue if it's even worth going to go there to search for the King, Riku and Kairi causing their travel method to break in the arguement causing them to crash on the world. The trio would eventually make up at the end of the level
  • Submit a Pacifist World - Basically the game's Hundred Acre Wood
  • Mid-game world should have some weird stuff with the heart going on(Puppet suddenly having a heart, a character can make inanimate objects move by making a heart for them, the average adult in the world can have 8 hearts,etc.) that would get Riku's attention, revealing his turn to darkness to Sora and his friends

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I feel like we should do the Villains Council and Princesses of Heart before we do worlds but as for world prompts...
  • Submit a Wasteland World - Early in the game, The Trio would encounter a desolate world and argue if it's even worth going to go there to search for the King, Riku and Kairi causing their travel method to break in the arguement causing them to crash on the world. The trio would eventually make up at the end of the level
  • Submit a Pacifist World - Basically the game's Hundred Acre Wood
  • Mid-game world should have some weird stuff with the heart going on(Puppet suddenly having a heart, a character can make inanimate objects move by making a heart for them, the average adult in the world can have 8 hearts,etc.) that would get Riku's attention, revealing his turn to darkness to Sora and his friends
honestly I don't even know if we will have princesses of heart, since we're not doing Disney, but I do think some jobs to work out story and where we're taking it might be important

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 3
Same number of worlds like the first KH game.

Job 4
...No idea.

Job 5
View attachment 380441
Scooby & Shaggy
Gonna go with a guy and his canine companion.
Job 3: 10 Other Franchises Worlds and 5 Original Worlds

Job 4: i Don't Know

Job 5: Bugs Bunny and Spongebob

View attachment 380444
(Credits: smashPUG64 on Deviantart)

Well,the king will be Mickey same from original Kingdom Hearts and Mickey is Mario from animations,while Sora's partners will be two other iconic cartoon characters,Bugs Bunny and Spongebob,Bugs will be on Donald's place and Spongebob will be on Goofy's place

I also wanted Felix The Cat as Sora's Partner,but i think that Felix fits more as a kinda of anti-hero who will be similar to Oswald The Lucky Rabbit on Kingdom Hearts fanfics
I was gonna submit Bimbo the Dog from Betty Boop and Wimpy from Popeye as my duo, but I feel like I can't really justify their personalities within the themes of Kingdom Hearts, even if they'd play off of one another and our Sora counterpart well

View attachment 380446

Melody is the mage, while Badtz-Maru is the sheild-wielding tank. They're cute, they're loyal, they're powerful, but one's a brat and the other's timid, so everything balances out. Dunno how we'll incorporate Kitty herself into this, though I don't think she should be our King Mickey.

Company ratio: I think we shouldn't sweat it for the most part - just do prompts based on tones or themes instead of studios, and temporarily rule out certain studios if we end up having bias issues
Job #03: The original Kingdom Hearts had 13 worlds, though four of them (Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Hollow Bastion and The End of the World) were original to the game. With that in mind, I'd like to suggest 10 unique "franchises", with only three worlds that'd be original. Though, including other stuff would be neat too - somewhere like Traverse Town including a variety of different characters makes sense, for instance.)

Job #04: I think it should depend on context. That being said - I think it could be pretty cool for us to pitch each game as though it's a collaboration with a certain few studios, with us maybe expanding our reach over time? That said, I think Wario3's take on not worrying about it beyond just tones and themes is a good shout. Just, I think it's important we consider when these games are releasing when submitting stuff - and ideally, it'd be nice to keep worlds to singular things as opposed to entire crossover worlds (for instance, a Looney Tunes world makes sense, but a "Cartoon Network World" might not fit so well.)

Job #05: This one's probably a little questionable, but my thought process behind it is that I'd want to "unite" both Eastern and Western animation with our main trio - with Sora (or his equivalent) being the person between them. After all, animation is a language spoken around the world, and I think that sense of unification would be really fun! So, with that in mind... who could we make a reasonable argument for being some of the larger, more prominent icons of Japanese and American animation whilst simultaneously being popular in both countries?

...yeah.

First up, both characters will recieve slight redesigns to facilitate them fitting in a little closer to the RPG look, akin to how Donald and Goofy did. In this case, Popeye acts more like a tank (presumably with sailor-based attacks and maybe a spinach self-buff? It'd be fun to have him fight with an entire anchor, akin to May from Guilty Gear, but complete with a massive chain too!), whereas Atom acts as a mage (using various pieces of technological equipment to "cast" it, presumably both from his own body with things like his armcannons, and then also a "staff" that can turn into a huge tech cannon of some kind for particularly powerful strikes.) Given Sora is presumably going to fit into the "hero" archetype, this thus acts as a decent trio, right?

As for exactly why these two - well, they're pretty popular, have fairly unique personalities, and are incredibly long-lasting. That said, I'll admit that I'm not sure if Atom is technically allowed due to his anime series being an adaptation of a manga - but even so, both characters are massively iconic to the world of animation. Plus, I can't help but love the idea of Atom's optimism and hope clashing with Popeye being somewhat doubting and a bit snarky. Not only this, but it'd be a good opportunity for us to include elements of Tezuka's Star System throughout the series if we wanted to go with something like that!
Let's copy the original Kingdom Hearts. 14 worlds, ten from cartoons, three original, and one non combat mini-game world like 100 Acre Woods. However I think we could include other characters in other roles, similar to how Merlin and Beast appear in Traverse Town or Hollow Bastion respectively.

I don't think we should worry about company ratio too much. Just have fun with it. I think keeping tones and styles varied is more important than anything.

View attachment 380451 View attachment 380452
Daffy Duck and Patrick Star

I think going with sidekicks as our team mates makes sense for KH. I think these two would play well off of each other. Daffy as the sarcastic, dry mage and Patrick as the loveable, honest but dimwitted knight.
Job #03: 10 unique worlds and three original worlds. Because since this is Kingdom Hearts, 13 is still an important number of course.

Job #04: Ratio doesn't matter since we're gonna have lot of creative fun with whatever we can do that is not Disney. Which is alot.

Job #05: Felix the Cat and Astro Boy

These two are the two most oldest (well-known) animated characters for Western and Eastern Animation respectively. Felix can fill in Goofy's role where he can use his bag of tricks and Astro Boy can fill in Donald's role with all of his tech. They both defined how animation will go in both the west and east. Making it more cool to see them team up and help Sora in the many worlds that they helped to inspire.
Job 3: 11 cartoon worlds and 3 original worlds

Job 4: There are a lot of options

Job 5: Woody Woodpecker and Felix the Cat

Oldest non-Disney cartoon mascots.

Woody takes up Donald, and Felix takes up Goofy.
Job 3:

14 worlds, 10 cartoons and 4 Originals, I'll also give a separate number for extra representation: 6. These can be spent on summons, party members, npcs, bosses or easter eggs.

Job 5:

Marvin the Martian and Popeye??!?

I honestly think having a slightly villainous character on your side is a lot of fun, Marvin is typically in the "ineffectual villain" camp so I don't see any evil groups recruiting him. His sci-fi weaponry would also add a fun flavor to his magelike gameplay. Maybe we can even work in his appearance as some sort of elaborate community service.

On the other end we've got Popeye, he's strong and reliable with a good heart deep down. He'd make sure Marvin doesn't try anything during the games.

For the fifth job...

Sora's Partners

View attachment 380535View attachment 380536

Oh my goodness...I deeply apologize everyone. I guess creation threads are hard for me to maintain so but based on this...our first game will have 13 worlds based on the common consensus. But, we do need to vote for Sora's partners.

Scooby-Doo and Shaggy Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Bugs Bunny and SpongeBob DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Bad Badtz-Maru and My Melody Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Astro Boy and Popeye KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Daffy Duck and Patrick Star darkvortex darkvortex
Felix the Cat and Astro Boy Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Woody Woodpecker and Felix the Cat Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Marvin the Martian and Popeye MartianSnake MartianSnake
Gertie the Dinosaur and Katsudō Shashin Sailor AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Vote for your top 4 ideas for partners. You can only put your own in third or fourth!

Now, onto the next few jobs...one I got from Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP

Job 7:

How should we handle the incorporation of Final Fantasy characters in the Kingdom Hearts lore here? Should we still include them or include another Square Enix IP as a side focus in this franchise in the AU?

Job 8:

Similar to the 13 Darknesses and 7 Princesses of Light, create some sort of legion that will be a part of the lore here for our Kingdom Hearts. Be creative!

Get submitting!

1. Astro Boy and Popeye
2. Felix the Cat and Astro Boy
3. Gertie and Sailor
4. Bad Badtz-Maru and My Melody

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job 7: We should still include them and not only that. We could possibly have them appear in more worlds as well. We can also add other Sqaure Enix IPs if we want as well since TWEWY was in Dream Drop Distance. We can try to make room for Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, and more if we want.

Job 8: If we're only talking about the first game that came out in 2002. There was an council of Disney Villains as the main bad group but we haven't decided what IP we are gonna include yet. If this job is what I think it is, then here's lore I came up with for this.

Very long ago at the age of fairy tales. When worlds were just recently born from Kingdom Hearts. There was two entitles who were from both very different worlds and backgrounds. One of pure light and one of pure darkness. Somehow, these two beings were able to meet and forged an friendship unlike any other. They went around across many worlds together. Meeting many people along the way as travelers and creating newer experiences together.

The entity of pure light saw the good and courage in others, believing in them that they can make the best in everything and overcome anything. However, the entity of pure darkness couldn't understand why the worlds are the way they are. Behind the nice similes of others, he saw hidden malice in them and believing their kindness were an facade. Believing they will bring ruin to the worlds.

Both entitles clashed because of their different beliefs. After one thing happened after another, the entity of pure darkness decided the worlds must be wiped out clean by using the power of Kingdom Hearts. So that there will be no more lies or malice. While the entity of pure light still believes in preserving the light of others and wanted the worlds to live. Both who were once friends waged war against each other, resulting in an outcome that led to demise of both entitles.

However, the souls of both entitles were actually scattered into 20 pieces that will led to them being reincarnations of them in the future. 13 individuals each born with a piece of the Darkness entity and 7 individuals each born with a piece of the Light entity in them. Fate has been said that if 20 of these individuals were to clash. A new war between light and darkness shall rage once more. These tales has inspired people to create an organization known as the Keyblade Order, creating Key-shaped weapons inspired from the actions and might of the Light entity to combat the darkness in many worlds. However, there were a few Keyblade welders who actually believed in the Darkness Entity's cause and wanted to finish where they left off.

And one of them who strongly believed in the Darkness entity's cause the most...was a man named Xehanort.

I think i'll leave it here for now.

Gertie and Sailor
Feilx the Cat and Astro Boy
Astro Boy and Popeye

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Astroboy and Popeye (i had to decide if i want to pur Astroboy and Popeye or Astroboy and Felix in first)
2. Daffy Duck and Patrick
3. Astroboy and Felix
4. Bugs Bunny and Spongebob

Job 7: Square Enix in Kingdom Hearts in AU

yes,Square Enix characters can in Kingdom Hearts series as the original games

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  1. Shaggy and Scooby-Doo
  2. Badtz and Melody
  3. Gertie and Sailor
  4. Woody and Felix
Job 7: Yes, I feel like there should be Square-Enix representation.

Job 8:

The Balanced Heart

People are born with a mixture of Light and Darkness in their hearts as it is the natural order of the world. Both can give power, but both can corrupt, Light more subtly than Darkness and if one isn't careful, their hearts can be blinded by the Light or Shrouded by the Darkness. But there have been individuals who can master the powers of Light and Dark and not fall to either's grasp. They are known as a Balanced Heart and they tend to be rare. When Sora comes to master Anti-Form later in the series, he becomes a Balanced Heart

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Oh my goodness...I deeply apologize everyone. I guess creation threads are hard for me to maintain so but based on this...our first game will have 13 worlds based on the common consensus. But, we do need to vote for Sora's partners.

Scooby-Doo and Shaggy Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Bugs Bunny and SpongeBob DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Bad Badtz-Maru and My Melody Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Astro Boy and Popeye KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Daffy Duck and Patrick Star darkvortex darkvortex
Felix the Cat and Astro Boy Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Woody Woodpecker and Felix the Cat Northsouthmap Northsouthmap
Marvin the Martian and Popeye MartianSnake MartianSnake
Gertie the Dinosaur and Katsudō Shashin Sailor AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Vote for your top 4 ideas for partners. You can only put your own in third or fourth!

Now, onto the next few jobs...one I got from Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP

Job 7:

How should we handle the incorporation of Final Fantasy characters in the Kingdom Hearts lore here? Should we still include them or include another Square Enix IP as a side focus in this franchise in the AU?

Job 8:

Similar to the 13 Darknesses and 7 Princesses of Light, create some sort of legion that will be a part of the lore here for our Kingdom Hearts. Be creative!

Get submitting!

1. Astro Boy and Popeye
2. Felix the Cat and Astro Boy
3. Gertie and Sailor
4. Bad Badtz-Maru and My Melody
Voting
  1. Felix the Cat & Astro Boy
  2. Bad Badtz-Maru & My Melody
  3. Woody Woodpecker & Felix the Cat
  4. Daffy Duck & Patrick Star
Job #07
I think incorporating Square Enix IP as a whole would be a lot of fun, but it'd make sense to predominantly focus on something like Final Fantasy given its size, whilst then including some other franchises less often (like TWEWY, Dragon Quest, and so on.) Even so, including a couple of weirder characters from stuff like Ergheiz or even some acquired stuff (like Bub, from Bubble Bobble!) could be really fun too.

Job #08
In the beginning, there was only White Space, a blank void containing nothing but abstract ideas. However, a being beyond comprehension, for reasons that cannot be understood, introduced a new founding element to the world, from which everything was created. We know them as the Animator, and the element in question was Ink. Everything in this reality consists of a mixture of White Space and Ink, though neither of these extremes are necessarily aligned specifically to "good" or "evil". However, while straddling close to the extremes of these two fundamental forces can grant exceptional power, those who fall too far to either side of the pendulum of light and darkness will be unmade - effectively, they are drawn completely out of existence.

In a long-forgotten kingdom in a lost time of ancient history, the Observers discovered the nature of this reality, and realised that reality's alignment may also be altered depending on the saturation of Ink or White Space that exists. Horrified by the implication that their reality could be destroyed by even a single, sufficiently powerful individual, they toiled in secret to devise a perfectly harmonised bubble made up of a perfect mix between Ink and White Space - which, should this reality be unmade, would allow a new one to spring into life. However, they soon realised that this harmony would require an external source of power in order to keep it active - and so all of the Observers connected themselves directly to the machine, becoming a part of it in the process.

With their sacrifice, they had devised the solution to their reality's existential problem - Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Felix and Astro (I think a Western \ Eastern pair makes a lot of sense here considering who's making the game. I think the balance of a more action focus character and a comedy character makes a lot of sense too.)
2. Astro Boy and Popeye (Pretty similar reasoning to the above. I just find the contrast with Felix a little more interesting, but this a great idea too)
3. Felix and Woody (Once again, pretty similar. Two iconic older cartoon characters who would be a lot of fun together.)
4. Scooby and Shaggy (Shaggy and Scooby are just a lot of fun and it's be fun t to see Scooby world a staff or whatever in his mouth)

Job #07
I think the focus should primarily be on Final Fantasy, it's by far (at this point) Sqaure's biggest series. As fun as it would be to perhaps focus instead on say, Dragon Quest or Chrono. I think FF just makes the most sense as Squaresoft's biggest series and part of the reason this game happens in the first place (also the Enix merger doesn't happen till the year after KH1 comes out so DQ is off the table for the first game anyway). However I do think other Square characters could be included along side the them. We did see this happen later with the inclusion of the cast of TWEWY in Dramdrop Distance, but it was actually considered as far back as KH1, as Parasite Eve's Aya Brea was planned to be part of Leon's gang before being replaced by Final Fantasy VII's Aerith. So yes, my idea is mainly FF but with some other SE characters thrown in (I think the cast of Crono Trigger or some Mana characters would bsefun to see)

As for how big their roles would be. I think it'd be pretty similar to how it is in the real KH1. They would not have their own worlds but would play significant roles in the original worlds and would also make guest appearances in other worlds like Cloud and Sephiroth in Olympus Coliseum.

Also it would be extremely funny if Geno was in here.

Top Bottom