• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A Community Proposed SSB6

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Excitebiker
2. Bulborb
3. Shy Guy

I feel that the ideal bonus fighter is someone who is quirky in an unexpected way and simultaneously widely recognizable. Which is something I think all three of these have in common, with different strengths individually. Excitebiker is from one of Nintendo's most iconic absent NES era titles, and would have a super fresh and fun moveset. Bulborb is from a growing series within the Nintendo sphere, a great way to raise that series up some more in Smash and makes a strong case for its importance in the context of Pikmin. And Shy Guy is one of Mario's most versatile enemy types, and a beloved character to boot. My preference may skew a bit outside of Mario for this since we got Piranha Plant last time, but I wouldn't be mad at it.

I think this fighter ought to be first party. DLC is bound to feature a good amount of crossovers and this is a good opportunity to bring in something more lowkey and unexpected before we get to the big guns. As for the options we have here, I'd be interested in exploring Bomberman later on. Tetronimo is an idea I've never quite been sold on and Cooking Mama... she's cute, but I don't really need to see her in Smash. She rests in a very weird place where she's plenty iconic but I just don't register her as Smash-worthy. Takamaru is dope but doesn't really fit the criteria I mapped out above.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes

Excitebike Rider 14
Cooking Mama 8
Bomberman 7
Tetromino 4
Shy Guy 3
Bulborb 6
Takamaru

Excitebike Rider is our bonus DLC fighter.

DLC Job 2: Nominate an Excitebike Map

DLC Job 3: Nominate an Excitebike Rider moveset

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
I’ll leave these jobs up until tomorrow before going to the next job.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Job 2: Excitebike Arena
1721537319159.png
1721537429811.png

Will just go with the obvious answer. Stage layout will consist of randomized ramps that fellow bikers will use and interfere with opponents. Think Mario Circuit. I provided two picture to show the version of the Excitebike ramps with a flat track before descent. These should probably appear on the stage to give fighters a more level plane to fight on.

Job 3: I'll just give the jist of how I anticipate it could go. Excitebiker is a character who thrives off momentum. They actually have somewhat slow starting speed, but will quickly accelerate if they continue to dash forward. A full speed dash does slight knockback and damage to any opponent they come in contact with... however this also means Excitebiker has very exaggerated turns if they are flooring it, like Captain Falcon but even worse.

Excitebiker does not have a very good jump, recovery or base air speed. In fact I'd say the character should have a slower jump squat, like Kazuya. It's awkward to lug that bike into the air. Instead Excitebiker can create a ramp to propel off of at high speed, to come rocketing toward opponents and attack with BMX inspired aerial tricks. Alongside silly NES inspired animations, such as their nair and tumble looking similar to this.

Basically Excitebiker is a speedster character who can excel when grounded, but unlike someone like Little Mac can use their own techniques to propel themselves into the air and perform string combos. You just need to be careful with the way you utilize your speed and your trick jump abilities, because they can just as well be your demise. With Excitebiker's less than stellar recovery options, it wouldn't be uncommon to just ride into the abyss if you're not careful.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
By default, we’ll go with Louie G. Louie G. ’s Excitebike stage and Excitebike Rider moveset.

DLC Job 4: Submit a Newcomer.
Doom Slayer.png
While we no longer have Banjo and Steve here, I’ll nominate Doom Slayer as Doom was a pioneer for first person shooter games, and he has a Mii outfit.
Also, feel free to submit some NES era music, alts, and base game Mii outfits

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
DLC Job 4: Noah (Xenoblade)
IMG_0340.png

Now is a good time to expand the scope of existing franchises with brand new characters. Let’s kick things off with a first party from the Switch era, one we’ve been too shy so far to delve into.

I’d also just like to see an XC3 character get in the roster as well. I was disappointed with the lack of room in the base roster, and I’d like at least Noah (or Mio if anyone submits her) to get time to shine.

I’d implore people to also submit their suggestions.

Mii Outfits:
Roy (Fire Emblem) - Swordfighter

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
In Smash Infinite thread we did a duo fighter for the Xenoblade 3 protagonists, I'm not submitting duo because of potential of splitting the vote, but perhaps if the Noah entry wins, we could vote afterwards on whether we want a duo fighter for them.

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
In Smash Infinite thread we did a duo fighter for the Xenoblade 3 protagonists, I'm not submitting duo because of potential of splitting the vote, but perhaps if the Noah entry wins, we could vote afterwards on whether we want a duo fighter for them.
That vote would probably work at the same time as deciding the moveset.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
DLC Job

Pauline (Mario)

1721626250767.png

Rosalina was done dirty by not getting to return, but I have another Mario... well not Princess, but Mayor in mind.

Pauline is a character with both an extensive history throughout Nintendo and modern relevance. She is one of the first three characters in the entire Mario franchise, alongside Mario and DK (who are literally #1 and #2 in Ultimate's character lineup). She also has high relevance in the Switch era, being very prominent in the big 3D Mario Game Oddysey and being added to a multitude of different Mario spinoffs like Mario Kart and Mario Tennis. Overall, she would be a perfect fit for Smash, using moves from Oddysey the same way Rosalina used moves from Galaxy in her moveset.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
SSBI_Leon_Kennedy.png

Leon Kennedy
A Resident Evil character came up a lot during base game and I think it's a series that makes a lot of sense for inclusion, being one of the big Japanese is so game franchises not in yet and also gives us some horror game rep. I was between Jill and Leon and I really think you could make a case for either but Leon has the GameCube legacy making him for a Nintendo fighter, plus he could have an alt based on 2 to represent the original trilogy. 4 Remake just came out too so there's cross promotion.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
DLC Job 4: Off the Hook (Splatoon)
1721713252944.png

This round will be interesting! Since we seem pretty split down the middle on how we want to approach our first DLC fighter. I want to play along a bit with the way some of you have chosen to handle this round, with a focus on recently prominent Nintendo characters to balance out the inevitable conversation of third party DLC. My response to this may be a bit controversial, but I'm gonna toss in another Splatoon nomination.

I don't really think it can be overstated how much Splatoon has become a darling franchise for Nintendo, and arguably the most prominent and popular faces outside of the Inklings are the idols. For base roster we went with DJ Octavio, who I think is a pretty great choice. One of our most unique selections for sure. But with such a colorful cast, I think we could even explore Splatoon a little bit further.

The decision not to allow us to promote Assist Trophies limits us from exploring many of the new faces that BritishGuy has rightfully suggested are worth a shot. Oatchi and Rauru come to mind. It's a shame we've placed this limitation on ourselves, and yet say we want to prioritize these kinds of characters simultaneously. So finding myself a bit limited in options, I want to propose the most dynamic of the idol teams in Off the Hook - who have recently found relevance once again through the recent DLC campaign, which could have been what it took to put them over the edge as DLC.

I feel like out of the options for playable idols, Pearl and Marina stand tall among the crowd. Compared to Callie and Marie for example, these two have dynamically different designs that inform their respective team roles. Pearl is the scrappy powerhouse, and Marina is the reserved defensive type. And compared to Deep Cut, they are simply much more realizable as a team (and it may be hard to justify only adding one of Shiver, Frye or Big Man). I imagine these two working somewhat similar to the way a hypothetical Diddy & Dixie team could - a hybrid of Ice Climbers and Pyra / Mythra, where you can swap out the lead to adapt to the tides of battle but they will still continue to fight together and, for some attacks, as a unit. Not quite two separate fighters, but certainly a lot more different than Popo and Nana. Together they'd use their signature weapons - the dualies and splatbrella - along with utilizing music equipment for creative set-up based attacks. Imagine Marina placing down a speaker, then switching to Pearl and blowing it out with a loud scream.

I know it's kind of a hard sell with what we've already added... but with Octoling being a simple echo fighter, I really do think Splatoon can sustain another unique fighter. And with the way we've limited our options for "Switch era" characters, these two happen to be some of the most strongly persisting.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Doom Slayer
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Noah
Perkilator Perkilator Mio
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 Pauline
D darkvortex Leon S. Kennedy
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Tails
Louie G. Louie G. Off the Hook

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Leon
2. Tails
3. Doom Slayer

Building up Resident Evil’s content in the SSB series would be nice to see, and Tails is my prefered choice for a realistic Sonic character.

On another note, depending on the new fighter that we receive, should I leave out the company where the newcomer is from for the next job? For example, if Leon gets added, should we leave out Capcom newcomers for the next job? If we don’t add a Nintendo newcomer for the first two or three newcomers, should we add a Nintendo exclusive job?

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
1. Mio
2. Noah
3. Tails

Yes, I think we should add Nintendo newcomers by mandate if no characters get submitted by the third character, and I suppose vice versa would work too.

Locking third parties to one fighter per pass would also work, as well as not double dipping in the same series in DLC.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Leon Kennedy
2. Tails
3. Doom Slayer

Since we'll probably be putting aside at least one slot for a Nintendo character anyway, I feel like we could do with a new third party character. Resident Evil is the perfect choice, IMO. While my preference lies with Jill, Leon is my second choice and quite a sensible one. He's got a pretty rich history with Nintendo, hailing from a game that was once a GCN exclusive, and he's especially hot right now on the heels of a successful and critically acclaimed RE4 remake. Plus, we've never had a horror game character in Smash before and I'm intrigued by the way RE's gameplay can be translated into the fold. Presumably with some kind of touched up resource management angle. I do wish Jill and Leon could be each other's respective echo, but we're playing by the books here I suppose.

Tails narrowly missed the boat a few times during base game, so I think it's fair to give him the nod here. This could also be a good incentive for us to add a post-classic era Sonic stage from Adventure or something. Doom Slayer is a good choice IMO, although I wouldn't mind saving them for later. And if we do end up adding Leon, I'd rather hold off until we bring in another gritty M-rated character.

I'm assessing our options for Nintendo newcomers, particularly more contemporary stuff. Unfortunately not a lot of what's presented here moves me. I don't quite understand the aggressive push for XB3 representation, which I wouldn't be mad at but I don't think should be treated as the be all end all of modern Switch era representation. The series is comfortably successful, but it's not THAT big where this is some kind of obligation. Again, I'm a bit frustrated at the compelling options closed off from us, like Rauru and Oatchi, since we cannot use ATs. So Noah and Mio do feel like some of our only options, and I just don't care that much. If I had to choose one of the two, I would choose Mio. I like her weapon of choice and I think it would make for an interesting kit... so if they don't win out here, and we inevitably revisit them, she's probably the one I would support.

Pauline has some interesting potential, but IMO feels largely forced. Like, I could make a pretty interesting concept out of pairing her with Cappy and letting her use the mayor hat, or building another music centric kit. But it feels like a lot for a character who just doesn't do all that much. Rosalina had a major role in Galaxy, Pauline looks to be taking her place at face value but does not have nearly the same central focus or rich potential in my eyes. Plus if we're doing another music based character, I nominated Off the Hook and I'd much prefer to explore this through them. Although I didn't vote for them here, because the energy doesn't look like it's there right now and frankly I think the Splatoon rep is ok for now, and we already got Chorus Kids and Octavio to some degree doing a musical moveset shtick. I welcome as many musicians as we can stuff in here but at least we got it covered.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes

Doom Slayer 7
Noah 10
Mio 7
Pauline
Leon S. Kennedy 13
Tails 11
Off the Hook

Leon is our first Challenger Pass Character

DLC Job 5: Submit a Resident Evil Stage

DLC Job 6: Submit a Leon Moveset

I’ll submit this moveset here.

For the bonus, feel free to submit from the following.
Alts
Resident Evil Trophies
Resident Evil Music
Base Game Mii Outfits
Challenger Pass 1 Mii Outfits

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
CP1 Mii Costumes:
Akuma (Street Fighter) - Brawler
Ada Wong (Resident Evil) - Swordfighter
Ashley Graham (Resident Evil) - Brawler
Mega Man X (Mega Man) - Gunner
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) - Brawler

Might as well get Capcom content over with in this first round of Mii Costumes. And I’m unsure if we will be allowed to submit two third parties from the same company in the same fighters pass, so this would be fine.

Not much more I can add for this round apart from this, I’m afraid.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Stage: Raccoon City Police Department

Leon Alts:
1. Default (RE4)
2. Police Outfit
3. Leather Vest
4. Tactical Gear
5. Special Operation

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Job 5: Spencer Mansion
1722153714385.jpeg

Might not be specific to Leon himself, but the central location to the first game in the series seems like a good bet anyway. Would be a fairly large stage with surprise encounters crashing through windows, opening doors and whatnot. I think having something of a playground for characters to interact with various enemies and horror elements from the series is key to bringing out the series’ essence beyond the character.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
DLC Job 5: Salazar Castle

1722178849188.png

Salazar Castle is a place from Resident Evil 4, it is a place localizated on Valdelobos.

Salazar Castle as a stage is a medium stage who chages places, similar to Delfino Plaza, it is on ouside the castle to the temple

Pupp135

Smash Champion
For the Leon moveset, we’ll go with the one that I proposed.

Here are the stage nominations.
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Raccoon City Police Department
Louie G. Louie G. Spencer Mansion
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Salazar Castle

Vote for your two most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Spencer Mansion
2. Raccoon City Police Department

DLC Job 7: Submit a DLC Newcomer who is not from Capcom
I’ll renominate Doom Slayer here.

While we no longer have Banjo and Steve here, I’ll nominate Doom Slayer as Doom was a pioneer for first person shooter games, and he has a Mii outfit.
For the bonus, feel free to submit from the following.
Alts
Resident Evil Trophies
Resident Evil Music
Base Game Mii Outfits

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Lloyd_Irving_(ToLink).png

Loyld Irving
A pretty long running fan request from a long running series. A fuel swords moveset could be pretty fun.

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
DLC Job 7: Noah (Xenoblade)
DLC Job 4: Noah (Xenoblade)
View attachment 392668
Now is a good time to expand the scope of existing franchises with brand new characters. Let’s kick things off with a first party from the Switch era, one we’ve been too shy so far to delve into.

I’d also just like to see an XC3 character get in the roster as well. I was disappointed with the lack of room in the base roster, and I’d like at least Noah (or Mio if anyone submits her) to get time to shine.

I’d implore people to also submit their suggestions.
I’ll just resubmit Noah.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
DLC Job

Shantae

Well, I submitted a 1st Party last time and she got absolutely annihlated with 0 votes. I'll submit 3rd Party this time then.

Shantae is a long running popular fan requested character that has been heavily associated with Nintendo. Her popularity was big enough that she was able to get a Mii Costume and some Spirits added to Ultimate, and she would be a great pick for indie representation.

1722358095811.png

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Salazar Castle
2. Spencer Mansion

DLC Job 7: Sans (Undertale)

1722473337451.png

To piggyback off the mention of “indie reps”, I think it’s important to acknowledge perhaps the biggest one of all. I don’t have to explain that Sans is a big deal, that his Mii Costume sent character reveal-sized ripples across the community. That Undertale is a worldwide phenomenon, has a thriving and passionate fanbase overseas and makes it one of the most relevant western properties on Japanese shores. But yknow, I did anyway. The thing was a massive deal and it still is.

I think Undertale content is overwhelmingly justified. Indie or otherwise. Deltarune has been progressing and is sizing up to be another success, and the original game has not shaken its beloved status in nearly a full decade now. Its classic status is set in stone. Toby Fox is a trusted collaborator of Nintendo, Gamefreak and even runs a column in Sakurai’s previous workplace, Famitsu. Having a strong presence in Japan, collaboration with Toby feels appropriate and certainly not all that difficult. And the series has a multitude of iconic characters, locales and of course music tracks that would be a fantastic asset to Smash.

As for Sans himself, he’s kind of the game’s mascot and brings with him loads of personality and moveset potential. I’ve always visualized him being a comfortable mix of some toned down versions of his battle abilities and silly props, nonchalant bone tossing and whatnot. He has to be goofy, that’s his thing. His frailty would be represented by making him a glass cannon, a bombastic fighter with the tools to disorient, KO early and well… just kind of get under your skin.
;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom