• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A Community Proposed SSB6

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
1. Tetris
2. Metro City Downtown
3. Nintendo Land

Job 147: Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
IMG_7104.png

Terry’s pretty cool. Can’t go wrong with his inclusion in this base game roster.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Nintendo Land
2. Tetris
3. Excite Bike

Steve (Minecraft)
One of my most requested fighters that actually got in.

Pupp135 Pupp135 , update the list of trophies for ARMS

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
1. Tetris
2. Excitebike
3. Metro City Downtown

Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate_-_Character_Art_-_Duck_Hunt (1).png

Duck Hunt
I like them and think Duck Hunt is too iconic to not include.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Metro City Downtown
2. Tetris
3. Excitebike

Cool stage suggestions. I think we could definitely use a second Street Fighter stage, especially one that actually takes place on a street corner. I'm in full support of this one, and it works nicely as a home stage for Chun-Li.

Job 147: King K. Rool
1718807908263.png

I think now might be the time. We laid in most of the other core villains, give or take Wolf, and expanded sufficiently on most other series' character lineups. I think DKC warrants another character, and there's little reason not to bring back this fan favorite character when much of the rest of the roster is already capitalizing on nostalgia and crowd pleasers. K. Rool is massively popular within the playerbase with a distinct fun playstyle to boot. I think it makes sense we waited this long to bring in some of the more perpetually relevant supporting characters, but with most of them here I feel like he deserves it.

Although past K. Rool, I think I'm more concerned about bringing back the remaining first party series. Pretty sure Wii Fit, Gyromite and Duck Hunt may be the only ones currently absent? In my opinion we may as well just fill that out and say that we brought back every first party IP.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Excitebike Arena 7
Metro City Downtown 5
Nintendoland 10
Holloseum
Tetris 14

Tetris and Nintendoland are the next maps.

Here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Sora
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Terry Bogard
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Steve
D darkvortex R.O.B.
TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER Duck Hunt
Louie G. Louie G. King K. Rool

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. R.O.B.
2. Sora
3. Terry

Job 148: Submit Moveset changes that you’d like for a veteran.

Job 149: Submit an Assist

Job 127: Submit an Assist
Starfy5.png
I’ll nominate Starfy.
I’ll leave the Tinkaton and Ring Fit moveset submissions up for a little longer

Feel free to submit Alts and Mooks from series without one (Please specify game/series)

Pac-Man/Namco
Super Mario
Donkey Kong
Wario
Gyromyte
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Mega Man
Fire Emblem
Sonic the Hedgehog
Kirby
Star Fox
Mother
Rayman
Pokemon
Golden Sun
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Wii/Mii
Rhythm Heaven
Xenoblade
Splatoon

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
1. R.O.B.
2. Terry
3. Steve

R.O.B. makes sense, but I’d like him to be our last retro character here. We already have Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and with R.O.B. too, I think that’s a suitable lineup.

Terry’s a fun face to have. If there was one more third party I’d like to see here, it’d be him.

Steve is a choice I can’t really argue with. Maybe he’d be more suited to DLC if we bring back extra veterans there like Smash 4 did, but he’s neat.

Duck Hunt is neat, but with so little room to spare, I think we can let the dog and duck go.

Sora is another choice I can see as veteran DLC.

K. Rool is nice, but I’m just not very confident DK needs three characters yet. Maybe an echo in Funky? But otherwise, I’d rather see other series like the core Mario series, Pokémon, and Xenoblade get an extra fighter each before I consider K. Rool for the base roster.

Job 149: Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Job 144: Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog)
IMG_8352.png
I’ll just resubmit Knuckles.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Terry
2. King K. Rool
3. Duck Hunt

Indulgently, I will support Terry. I think there are certain first parties that should take precedent, but he's one of my favorite additions from Ultimate and I love having him around. I spoke on K. Rool, but I really think he's worth keeping. It would be odd to suddenly start to hold DK to some standard of freshness now when we added like three series that haven't been active in a decade, he's a fan favorite and he's got a super unique moveset so he should stay. And while I support ROB's return as well, I'm going to opt for Duck Hunt here to keep them in the conversation and also to diversify past Melee-Brawl vets. Characters like Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt are just as valuable and I want to provide a little pushback toward the inherent legacy bias.

Again though, at this point if ROB or Duck Hunt make it then we're just down WFT and one of those two. It will feel kind of odd to me if we only end up snubbing out one or two Nintendo series. But that's what happens with a community pool like this I suppose.

Job 149: Mallo (Pushmo)
1717027903930.png

I figured we could use some more nods to series that are unlikely to get a playable character. Pushmo is a fun and oft-forgotten puzzle series, so I think Mallo's presence would be fun and also fairly interesting. He could pull parts of the ground up into rectangular walls, creating new barriers or platforms to influence the stage layout.
I've nominated him before so I'll throw him out there again. I think we could use more wacky ATs from smaller Nintendo series less suited for fighting. Those are some of the most fun ATs in the game but unfortunately are easy to overlook. So this is a suggestion of a similar vein to Nikki, Vince, Kawashima etc.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
1. King K. Rool
2. R.O.B
3. Terry

Sans_overworld (1).png

Sans
An indie assist. Will summon bones across the stage and up and down, throwing fighters around.

Zelda Trophy - Sidon

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Sora 3
Terry 7
Steve 3
R.O.B. 8
Duck Hunt 1
King K. Rool 8

R.O.B. and King K. Rool are the next fighters.

Here are the nominations

Pupp135 Pupp135 Starfy
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Knuckles the Echidna
Louie G. Louie G. Mallo
D darkvortex Sans
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Mr. Wright

Vote for your three most wanted where yours is not first.

1. Mr. Wright
2. Starfy
3. Knuckles

Job 148: Submit Moveset changes to a veteran.

Job 150: Submit a Game Mode.

I’ll nominate Coin Launcher from Brawl.

Feel free to submit Alts and Mooks from series without one (Please specify game/series)

Pac-Man/Namco
Super Mario
Donkey Kong
Wario
Gyromyte
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Mega Man
Fire Emblem
Sonic the Hedgehog
Kirby
Star Fox
Mother
Rayman
Pokemon
Golden Sun
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Wii/Mii
Rhythm Heaven
Xenoblade
Splatoon

D darkvortex is allowed to submit a new Donkey Kong Country trophy in place of King K. Rool.

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Job 150: Stage Builder

Present for multiple games, but works more like Mario Maker in set level tiles, slopes, obstacles, etc. this time around.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:

Starfy 7
Knuckles the Echidna 1
Mallo 4
Sans
Mr Wright 6

Starfy and Mr Wright are the next assists.

Here are the game mode nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Coin Launcher
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Stage Builder
D darkvortex Challenges
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Smashdown

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Stage Builder
2. Smashdown
3. Challenges

For Tinkaton and Ring Fit Trainee, we’ll use the movesets provided with the following links.

Job 151: Submit a Fighter from a Represented Franchise

Game & Watch
Pac-Man
Super Mario
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Punch Out!!
Ice Climber
Gyromite
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Street Fighter
Castlevania
Mega Man
Fire Emblem
Puyo Puyo
F-Zero
Sonic the Hedgehog
Kirby
Star Fox
Mother
Rayman
Pokemon
Final Fantasy
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Golden Sun
Advance Wars
Rhythm Heaven
Xenoblade
Splatoon
ARMS
Ring Fit Adventure
Toon Link.png

I’ll nominate Toon Link as multiple reincarnations of Link have been used since Melee, and having a smaller, faster Link is nice to have.

Pac-Man/Namco
Super Mario
Donkey Kong
Wario
Gyromyte
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Mega Man
Fire Emblem
Sonic the Hedgehog
Kirby
Star Fox
Mother
Rayman
Pokemon
Golden Sun
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Wii/Mii
Rhythm Heaven
Xenoblade
Splatoon

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Job 151: Noah (Xenoblade 3)
Job 132: Noah (Xenoblade 3, 2022)
IMG_6964.png
IMG_6964.png

I think Noah would make for a good contemporary addition. There’s definitely ways to make him unique from other swordfighters.

He can unsheath his Blade to use more powerful attacks after a while, in what would likely be once per stock, and utilise other weapons for singular attacks.
I’d at least like to get in one character from the 2020’s at all, let alone a third Xenoblade character. It’s big enough to justify a new face.

1. Smashdown
2. Stage Builder
3. Coin Launcher

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
1. Stage Builder
2. Smashdown
3. Challenges

Artwork_Edelgard (1).png

Edelgard
I think Three Houses is big enough for a rep but I don't wanna go too hard on Avatar characters characters. She is really popular and would give us a weapon we don't have.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Challenges
2. Smashdown
3. Stage Builder

Shoutout to Coin Launcher, because I adore that mode. But it feels less essential sized up against these.

Job 151: Palutena

Maybe a bit more supplemental than she is obligatory, but we're at that stage with the roster anyway where we're adding the extra flavoring rather than the main course. There's a lot of good in bringing back Palutena. She's a well liked character, archetypically unique (staff user, magic user), has a distinct flair and aesthetic to her. I think being able to play as a literal goddess is a fun power trip in a fighting game, I like having those intensely powerful and threatening faces around. For that reason it would have been nice to bring Sephiroth back too, but I'm gonna give first parties dibs here.

Kid Icarus is a small series, but I don't think it's a stretch to give it a second character. It's had a massive influence on the development of the last two Smash games and is a fun presence to have around. Plus if Palutena's Guidance is coming back, may as well just bring her back in too. Honorable mention to Bowser Jr, I really considered nominating him but I preferred to shoot for a lesser represented series.

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
1. Bowser Jr.
2. Noah
3. Palutena

At this point in time, I imagine people are much more picky with who they’re choosing here.

Fire Emblem already got a new face with Lyn earlier on, so a new character from a series would ideally be one that hasn’t got it yet.

I’ll be for another Sonic character if we get DLC jobs.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Bowser Jr
2. Palutena
3. Tails

I'm thinking it over and it really doesn't make a lot of sense not to push Bowser Jr through here. Although his moveset isn't the most unique or exciting thing to me, he's a character who has been on the forefront of the Mario brand for years now without giving up that spotlight. I do like the Clown Car, but I wish they pushed it a little further. Perhaps that's something we can do here.

I love Palutena and I'd be happy to see her return, that's why I nominated her. Whereas Tails, I think he'd be a great supplemental addition and I think Sonic could sustain a new character since we gave one to Street Fighter. However, we also gave Sega another newcomer in Arle and Capcom only has Chun-Li. So in some way or another, if we can't get another Sonic character through, that feels like a fair exchange.

Shoutout to Edelgard... I actually really wanted to support this, since I think it's reasonable to give 3H some representation and I prefer her to Byleth, but these other series could use another character over FE right now and it doesn't seem like the support is there otherwise. I try not to let others sway my individual vote but sometimes it's not worth it to go against the grain and push for a character without that existing support if I'm not gonna go all in and give her the 3 points. I still want Bowser Jr and Palutena more. Maybe if she comes up again next round?

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Bowser Jr.
2. Tails
3. Toon Link

Meta Knight Alts:
1. Default
2. Maskless
3. Galacta Knight
4. Dark Meta Knight
5. Classic

Top Bottom