• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A Community Proposed SSB6

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes:
Raccoon City Police Department 1
Spencer Mansion 5
Salazar Castle 3

Spencer Mansion is the Challenger Pass 1 Stage.

Here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Doom Slayer
D darkvortex Lloyd Irving
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Noah
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Tails
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 Shantae
Louie G. Louie G. Sans

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Sans
2. Doom Slayer
3. Tails

We don’t have an indie character in the SSB series yet, and Undertale is a popular game, and the Sans Mii outfit was incredibly popular. Another Sonic character is something that we’d eventually like to see too I’d assume. Maybe I’ll nominate Amy later if Doom Slayer joins before a second Sonic character.

Because these haven’t been submitted yet, please feel free to submit Resident Evil trophies and music.

Also, I’ll leave alts and base game Mii outfits open for those who want to submit something.

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
1. Tails
2. Noah
3. Lloyd

I don’t really know what to say on an indie rep just yet.

Alternatively, Lloyd sounds like a nice pick.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Tails
2. Sans
3. Lloyd Irving

Tails has been nominated quite a few times now and it’s a push that I’m generally in support of. With Chun-Li on base roster I think another Sonic character is equally warranted, and Tails is as good as choice as any. Ideally we can give him a stage from Adventure onward and round out the representation a little better. I might want to see if we could bring in something else from Sega but for now it’s cool.

I already spoke about Sans in my own nomination, and Lloyd is a solid choice. I’m unsure if Tales would be my ideal pick for Namco, but I’m not totally against it either. He’s been requested for quite some time and a dual wielding swordsman would be unique for Smash. So he’ll get my last vote.

Doom Slayer is cool, but since we brought Leon in I’d much rather space out our gritty M-rated gun guys. Obvious that they would play very differently but I think we should try and diversify in general tone first. DOOM is horror adjacent so I wanna squeeze in some more lighthearted or colorful characters first.

Still waiting on a first party pick that gets me a little more excited than Noah, and as much as I do like Shantae and think she’d be a good choice I’m also kind of over it? I dunno, I think there are better picks out there from more accomplished or higher quality games. But I wouldn’t put up a fight if you added her either.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes:

Doom Slayer 6
Lloyd Irving 10
Noah 4
Tails 11
Shantae 5
Sans 12

Sans is our next fighter.

DLC Job 8: Submit an Undertale Stage

DLC Job 9: Submit a Sans Moveset

Because these haven’t been submitted yet, please feel free to submit Resident Evil trophies and music.
Also, feel free to submit Challenger Pass 2 Mii Costumes, Undertale stages, and music.

Also, I’ll leave alts and base game Mii outfits open for those who want to submit something.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Ruins_location_entrance (2).png

Ruins
A main setting of Undertake. There would be a section in the middle and a platform above to the side that moves around. There are two mini platforms on top of pillars, these can be broken. There's a small garden area with Flowey at the bottom.

Undyne (Undertale) - Swordfighter
Papyrus (Undertale) - Swordfighter
Mettaton (Undertale) - Gunner
Madeline (Celeste) - Brawler
Shovel Knight - Swordfighter

Resi Trophies
Chris Redfield
Claire Redfeild
Albert Wesker
Ada Wong
Nemesis
Lady Dimitrescu

Undertale Trophies
Toriel
Asgore
Frisk

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Snowdin
Acts similar to the layout above.

Resident Evil Music:
Vacant Flat (Remix)
Save Room Medley
Still Dawn
The Wreckage of the Mad Experiment
Unstoppable Nemesis

Undertale Music:
Enemy Approaching
Spear of Justice
Spider Dance
Hopes of Dreams
MEGALOVANIA

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Job 8: CORE

1722912037163.png
1722912110902.png

I tend to avoid traveling stages, but this is an idea I've had for some time so I figured I'll toss it out there. So essentially, we're taking the Elevator which is effectively gonna work like Lumiose City where its a platform that progressively brings us up to the top level. We begin at the outskirts of Hotland and progress up through a couple arrangements of conveyer belts and pipes before bringing us to the top, where of course we are met by Mettaton.

1722912173084.png

This isn't so much a boss fight or anything as much as you are disrupting Mettaton's show. The stage is particularly large during this sequence but Mettaton shines brightly in the middle with a spotlight cast on them. Fighters need to avoid certain obstacles spawned in similar to Mettaton's fight, but most will not kill you aside from Mettaton's bombastic final pose, before exploding and sending you back to the bottom.

Undertale Music:
CORE
Death by Glamour

Undertale Trophies:
Papyrus
Flowey
Mettaton
Alphys
Undyne
Monster Kid

Job 9: I can provide some ideas for a Sans moveset, but if it's alright with you I'm gonna wait a bit. I have a few threads I want to respond to tonight and I've been busy with work otherwise, so I'll map out the basis for it later on.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the nominations:

D darkvortex Ruins
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Snowdin
Louie G. Louie G. Core

Vote for your two most wanted, where yours is not first.
1. Core
2. Ruins

I’ll leave the Sans Moveset up for longer.

DLC Job 10: Nominate a Character not from Capcom or Toby Fox 8-4.
SSBU spirit Amy.png
This choice is controversial, but I decided to nominate Amy from the Sonic series. While she is less important compared to Tails or Eggman, she is still a recurring character, and her attacks from games like Sonic Battle can lead to an interesting moveset.

Free to submit Resident Evil/Undertale trophies and music.
I just want to add Jill Valentine for a Resident Evil Trophy.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Ruins
2. CORE

Job 10: Aigis (Persona 3)
1723136610867.png

The next step in this pass feels like it ought to be a JRPG character - a genre that we know has been served well in Ultimate, but I feel like we ought to be dealing a bit more love on our end. Mind you, I think it's also very possible that our next addition from Nintendo's end is also from a JRPG. But I felt like throwing up an alternative here, from a series that has been cut from the roster but has plenty of potential to re-enter it.

The Persona 3 remake has recently come out. This means that Aigis is once again pretty relevant, perhaps the most popular and one of the most central characters in the game. Sega seems to be banking on Persona as one of its "big three" tentpole franchises*, and it has officially shed its Sony exclusivity to become a cross-platform affair with 3-5 now being playable on the Switch. So with the series continuing to be important, and with us having lost a fan favorite from this series in the transition between games, I feel like hopping to another fresh face from the Persona games feels fitting both in the context of Smash and in the context of Sega's future / contemporary Nintendo partnership / etc. Once upon a time I felt that SMT was done pretty dirty and deserved acknowledgement first, but it's 2024. Persona is the big man on campus, it's just the truth.

*The last of these big three that hasn't entered Smash yet is Yakuza / Like a Dragon. I would be down for Kiryu / Ichiban / Majima but strangely I just feel more compelled to tackle further visual diversity. Leon is already kind of a "realistic human guy" character and we don't have anyone fulfilling that anime flair that Smash is quite partial to. So this was my priority in determining who to nominate this time, but I may very well advocate for Yakuza later on.

I choose Aigis because well... we know that many JRPG protagonists tend to opt for the sword, so I want to provide some alternatives that lend unique styles of combat that we haven't seen before. Aigis is a robot, which we have seen, but she exploits this in ways that we haven't. The dichotomy of an unassuming, polite girl who is kind of a mini artillery, can whip out giant gatling guns, is tremendously appealing to me. This is a reason why I really like KOS-MOS from Xenosaga as well, a similar character conceptually. But I think Aigis feels more befitting of Smash, is not a stranger to crossover fighters and helps keep the spirit of one of our cut series alive. We could also use at least one female character within this pass, to be honest. I just think it'd be cool!

[Will talk Sans moveset later]

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Shantae.

DLC Job

Shantae

Well, I submitted a 1st Party last time and she got absolutely annihlated with 0 votes. I'll submit 3rd Party this time then.

Shantae is a long running popular fan requested character that has been heavily associated with Nintendo. Her popularity was big enough that she was able to get a Mii Costume and some Spirits added to Ultimate, and she would be a great pick for indie representation.

View attachment 393029

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Will post my Sans moveset separately, which will hopefully also bump this thread and inspire a few more nominations.

job 9: sans moveset.

As usual I'm not really going to submit a fully fleshed out, organized moveset but rather propose a general gameplan for Sans to follow. Sans is a glass cannon, full stop. If you've fought Sans in Undertale, you know he only has 1 HP. Getting that hit is the difficult part, and requires you to maneuver around big multi-hit attacks as well as subversive trolling attempts from the jokester. So while I don't want to base Sans' moveset entirely off of the Genocide Route, these elements of his character are the foundation to build on. He is elusive, but if you can get in and wail on him then you can wrap this up fairly quickly. Consider him perhaps somewhere among the Game & Watch or Mewtwo weight class.

Sans will have a Gaster Blaster neutral attack, which can be charged up like Thoron, and in this case only useable at full charge. But the "bad time" stuff isn't played up to that extreme effect we see in his boss battle. He'll fight a bit more nonchalantly, balancing out his bombastic cannon attack and area of effect bone attacks with simple, effortless moves. Because Sans is lazy, that is one of the most important things about him. He will walk around with his hands in his pockets, for an attack he will shrug and toss out a singular bone as an annoying, low damage projectile. He can play his trombone as a tilt attack, he can offer you the hand buzzer for a jab. Maybe to make full use of his skeleton design, he can actually detach his skull or legs from his body temporarily for a disjoint. Sans has a lot of cool abilities in Undertale, but I feel that it's very important not to let his identity get lost in the weeds. One of the reasons Sans is so beloved is because he's a funny character. So he ought to be as goofy as he can be, but possessing just enough threatening tools to remind you from time to time that he does mean business. That's how he acts throughout the entire game, after all.

Somewhat similarly to his glass cannon brethren Mewtwo, I think Sans should have some telekinetic ability. His Side Special will have similar utility to Confusion, and will allow him to swat projectiles away, but let's make it so that he can swat it in one of four different directions.

This move will function as a command grab in close proximity, where Sans has the freedom to do the same to his opponent. For contrast, let's say that Sans' normal grab is not all that good. But this one is very strong, so you'll often want to fish for this instead. And he can do it in the air too, which can lead to some very nasty setups and offstage disrespect. Yep, expect to get dunked on.

So that's the jist of what I think Sans should do in the game. Lots of bones, lots of silly moves, and some of the cool stuff from his notorious boss fight mixed together to best represent what his character is all about. An easygoing guy who can reality check you at any moment if you dare to underestimate him.

Alternate Colors:
1. Default
2. Red Hoodie with Gold Lining (Papyrus)
3. Purple Hoodie with Gold Lining (Toriel / Asgore)
4. Black Hoodie with Blue Lining (Lancer)
5. Green Hoodie
6. Magenta Hoodie with Purple Lining (Susie)
7. Black & White (Battle Sprite)
8. Default, with a baseball cap

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
1. CORE
2. Ruins

2B.png

2B (Nier Automata)
I agree with the above ideas that a female character is something we should try and include. I also agree that an RPG character would be a good addition in order to keep our representation varied. Automata has been ported to almost everything at this point, including Switch. 2B herself is no stranger to crossovers, becoming pretty infamous for how much she appears in other games. Fall Guys, Granblue Fantasy vs, Soul Calibur, Rainbow Six and a million Japanese Gatcha games. I think her creators would be more than happy to have her in smash. Square could also get another character and with us losing Bayonetta I think Platinum games are worth representing. She could have a really fun moveset, being a quick sword fighter with a lot of combos, her pod would also help out. There may be worries about her design not being befitting of Smash Brothers, but I think if Bayonetta can work then there's no reason the Yohra android couldn't.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 10: Doom Slayer (Doom)

Doom Slayer is the protagonist from the FPS game series Doom, he is a serious marine who kills demons. Doom Slayer is a popular FPS character and the one who gave popularity on the FPS, also his appears in Fall Guys, Fortnite and Quake 3 Arena.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes
Ruins 4
Snowdin
Core 5

Core is the Undertale stage.

For the next fighter, here are the nominations.

Pupp135 Pupp135 Amy Rose
Louie G. Louie G. Aigis
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 Shantae
D darkvortex 2B
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 Doom Slayer

1. 2B
2. Amy
3. Aigis

Nier and Persona are popular, so I’d be happy to see 2B and/or Aigis join.

Also, feel free to submit alts and base game Mii Outfits.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. 2B
2. Aigis
3. Doom Slayer

2B is a popular, contemporary third party choice and I think that's valuable. It's easy to fall back on more old school guest characters since their legacies are further established so it's kind of nice that we seem to be counteracting this. Nier Automata is one of the more beloved games in recent memory and I think her moveset could be a lot of fun. So she'll get my support and my nomination in Aigis will be second (because it has to be, I nominated her).

I do think Doom Slayer is a good choice but again, I am not that interested in another gritty M-rated character yet. Coincidentally both 2B and Aigis are from M-rated games as well, but I think Resident Evil and DOOM are too thematically close for comfort here and I'd much rather tap into something more expressively distinct from what we have thus far. Both of the other choices I voted for help achieve that.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
I forgot to note that we’ll use Louie G.’s Sans moveset.

Here are the votes:
Amy Rose 3
Aigis 3
Shantae 2
2B 12
Doom Slayer 4

2B is our Next DLC fighter.

DLC Job 11: Submit a Nier Stage.

DLC Job 12: Submit a 2B moveset.

feel free to submit Challenger Pass 3 Mii Costumes, Nier trophies, and music.

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
CP3 Mii Costumes:
Chocobo (Final Fantasy VII) - Brawler
Barrett (Final Fantasy VII) - Brawler
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) - Gunner
Slime (Dragon Quest) - Hat
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) - Swordfighter

darkvortex

Smash Champion
download.jpeg

Abandoned Factory
Amusement Park is the most often used stage for things like this, but we already have a few stages that use similar imagery. The stage would take place on a broken down factory, the platforms would move around the stage.

Music

Trophies
9s
A2
Commander White
Adam

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

City Ruins
Would be a traveling stage on a single platform

Trophies:
Eve
Simone
Emil
Pascal

Mii Costumes:
Nier SwordFighter
Emil Hat
9S SwordFighter

Pupp135

Smash Champion
From the stage nominations above, please vote for Abandoned Facotry ( D darkvortex ) or City Ruins ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ).

DLC Job 13: Submit a newcomer not from Capcom, Toby Fox 8-4, or Square Enix.

Tails
Our first DLC fighter for Ultimate was from SEGA, so I want to go a similar route.
feel free to submit alts, base game Mii outfits, and Nier music

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Artorias_Render.png

Knight Artorias
Dark Souls is a big series and it would be a big coup to get it on our roster. A major part of gaming and it has been on Nintendo platforms, even getting an Amiibo, and I would be shocked if the Soulsborne world didn't have some form of presence on the next mainline Nintendo platform.

I considered several options here, such as the Chosen Undead from the first game, but I am personally not that big a fan of avatar characters being chosen, even if you could make a fun moveset. I think Souls is a series all about its boss fights, so choosing one of them only made sense.

He will jump around the stage a lot, with heavy sword slashes and slams. He can summon Sif for some attacks.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Ahri (League of Legends)

Shantae doesn't seem to resonating with voters, I supposed people want massive internet breaking 3rd Parties for DLC. Perhaps I'll try her again later, but for now....

League of Legends is one of the most massive gaming franchises out there, it represents a new genre in the MMO RPG genre. Ahri is one of the most popular characters in the franchise and had major roles in games that were brought to Nintendo Switch, so she would be a great fit.

1723756263546.png

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Lloyd Irving
The Tales series has been requested for a fighter since Brawl, but Lloyd makes the most sense because of his history with Nintendo systems.
He would play different from other sword users because he has two of them.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Job 13: Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

There are a few things to know here. First off, Arc System Works feels like one of the more notable partners not to have significant representation in Smash Ultimate. Just a handful of spirits... I think they're a pretty solid candidate to see more representation in the future. Secondly, Guilty Gear has been growing exponentially and is now one of the most popular fighting games on the market. Strive has been a breakout success and the future is looking bright.

Fighting games are no longer a stranger to Smash, and after losing the likes of Kazuya and Terry it feels like there is a hole that ought to be filled. Guilty Gear is the quintessential "anime fighter", a strand of the genre that has gone unrepresented so far and would provide an interesting flair. GG is known for its bombastic visual style, not to mention its heavy soundtrack, so Sol would no doubt stand out among the crowd. I've been thinking of valuable next steps for this fighter pass and I think this is a strong choice with all of that in mind. Collaborates with a new major Japanese developer, tackles a different gameplay and visual style than what we've represented thus far, and generally this is a character who has become especially popular in the time after Ultimate's development concluded.

There are a few interesting things that can be done with Sol. He's retired it in Strive, but I feel that his Dragon Install would be represented here. As well as general Guilty Gear mechanics like an Air Dash and Roman Cancel, which would give him unique tools from the other fighting game boys for rushdown approach and defense.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
From the poll, Abandoned Factory is the Nier stage.

Here are the fighter nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Tails
D darkvortex Knight Artorias
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 Ahri
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Lloyd Irving
Louie G. Louie G. Sol Badguy

1. Lloyd
2. Tails
3. Sol

I voted for Lloyd at first mostly because of his Mii outfit.

feel free to submit alts, base game Mii outfits, and Nier music

Also, should the next newcomer be a Nintendo newcomer?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Knight Artorias
2. Sol Badguy
3. Tails

Showing my support for a Dark Souls character even though I don’t really think now is the best time. With how gritty and M-rated this pass runs the risk of being I think we should space this out. On the other hand, I think this would be an incredibly cool choice and that Dark Souls warrants the nod.

Sol is my nomination and Tails is a strong choice. I wanted to do something a little different with Sega but maybe next pass instead.

Lloyd is an understandable if not a little bit basic choice. I wouldn’t be mad at it and a dual wielding character would be interesting. Ahri is a bold pick that I contemplated as well. I don’t have much attachment to LoL and I’m not sure I want it in Smash, but it’s an interesting premise for an unexpected, groundbreaking crossover with a more contemporary success.

Also, should the next newcomer be a Nintendo newcomer?
Yeah. I want to repeat what I’ve been saying though, just for posterity, which is that gating off ATs from being upgraded was an awful decision. We simultaneously want to bring in characters from the later Switch era and blocked off several strong candidates leaving this discussion strapped to Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

Without the possibility of adding Oatchi or Rauru and with little interest being shown in the Splatoon 2-3 idols etc, I’m not that interested anymore. Other series should be able to evolve themselves into the present beyond the typical revolving door protagonists. The end result is short sighted and predictable.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Yeah. I want to repeat what I’ve been saying though, just for posterity, which is that gating off ATs from being upgraded was an awful decision. We simultaneously want to bring in characters from the later Switch era and blocked off several strong candidates leaving this discussion strapped to Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

Without the possibility of adding Oatchi or Rauru and with little interest being shown in the Splatoon 2-3 idols etc, I’m not that interested anymore. Other series should be able to evolve themselves into the present beyond the typical revolving door protagonists. The end result is short sighted and predictable.
I agree with you that leaving out assist upgrades does limit things a bit, and I’ll probably go with Sidon next submission. I was originally going to wait to mention this for the Fighter Pass 1 check-in, but the big thing that still doesn’t sit right with me is the lack of veteran DLC fighters, given that I’d find it hard to imagine losing out on Sora or Steve (there are a few more, but these two stick out the most).

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
1. Lloyd
2. Ahri
3. Tails

I agree that no veterans and no assist upgrades really does severely limit the potential of the DLC. I really think it would have been a better idea for the DLC, to just let people submit the number of DLC fighters and that's it, just like with the base game (if I remember correctly), rather than let one user place such broad and sweeping restrictions on every single remaining character job. Really dampens interest in the project.

Last edited:
Top Bottom