• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A Community Proposed SSB6

Louie G.

Smash Hero
We could loosen the restrictions by a potential vote for Fighters Pass 2.
I was thinking this too, it makes sense with the prospect that maybe FP1 was decided in tandem with the base game development and FP2 allowed them to reassess their options.

I wanna say though, just for the sake of discussion I think we should probably keep veterans off limits. I agree that the roster feels empty without some of them but I worry we would overplay our hand and prevent ourselves from acting on exciting new content. This is a thought exercise after all and we don’t need to treat it like gospel. But yeah, we should vote on it. If we vote in favor of veterans I’d honestly advocate for a Fighter Pass 3 just to keep the conversation moving a bit further.

As for ATs, generally I would be okay with leaving them be but in the case of Ultimate DLC we had years progress between the roster’s project plan and up through DLC to introduce more new characters that became viable candidates. It’s why ARMS, Xeno 2 and Three Houses had to wait. In this scenario… we only know what we know now. We don’t have a Byleth or even a Min Min or Aegis expy since those characters probably don’t exist yet. So some of the previously snubbed characters from newer titles like 2023’s TOTK or Pikmin 4 are the closest we can get right now. Realistically though, we should have been smarter about some of the base roster choices but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes
Tails 11
Knight Artorias 5
Ahri 2
Lloyd 10
Sol Badguy 8

Tails is the next DLC fighter.

DLC Job 12: Submit a 2B Moveset

DLC Job 14: Submit a Sonic the Hedgehog Stage

1724431903002.jpeg

I’ll nominate Egg Carrier, which would be a traveling stage, and it would start in the main hub where Chaos 6 and Zero are fought. Areas that the stage would travel to are the main interior, and a part of the Sky Deck and Hot Selter.
DLC Job 15: Submit a Tails Moveset

feel free to add Challenger Pass 4 Mii Outfits, Sonic the Hedgehog Music and Trophies
feel free to submit alts, base game Mii outfits, and Nier music

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
DLC Job 14: Planet Wisp (Sonic Colours)
IMG_1190.jpeg

Finally, a chance to fix the lacklustre selection of Sonic stages. I want a stage that isn’t very ‘city’ esque, and one that isn’t part of the classic games.

That said, Planet Wisp is a good shout here. We don’t have many grassy stages, and it isn’t a level one stage either.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Emerald Coast
I feel like representing the Adventure Games is the best route for stages. It's very beach themed, so it adds some variety too.

Nier Music:
Bipolar Nightmare
Birth of a Wish
Amusement Park
City Ruins
A Beautiful Song

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Mii Costume Wave
Shadow (Gunner)
Silver (Brawler)
Eggman (Gunner)
Alex Kidd (Brawler)
Akira Yuki (Brawler)
Sakura Shinguji (Swordfighter)

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Egg Carrier
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Planet Wisp
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Emerald Coast

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Planet Wisp
2. Egg Carrier
3. Emerald Coast

DLC Job 12: Submit a 2B Moveset

DLC Job 15: Submit a Tails Moveset

DLC Job 16: Submit a Nintendo Newcomer

I’ll nominate Sidon to help highlight notable Legend of Zelda games during the Switch era.

feel free to add Sonic the Hedgehog Music and Trophies, alts, and base game Mii outfits

Alts
Bowser Jr.: Koopalings

Ike: PoR, RD, Elincia, Red, Greil, Geoffrey, Sigurd, Black Knight

Isaac: Felix, Mia, Jenna, Garret, Dark Dawn Outfit, Matthew Outfit

Mii Outfits
Toad - Brawler
Skull Kid - Brawler
Spring Man - Brawler
Ashley - Swordfighter
Viridi - Swordfighter
Zero - Swordfighter
Rabbid - Gunner

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Pauline

DLC Job

Pauline (Mario)

View attachment 392703

Rosalina was done dirty by not getting to return, but I have another Mario... well not Princess, but Mayor in mind.

Pauline is a character with both an extensive history throughout Nintendo and modern relevance. She is one of the first three characters in the entire Mario franchise, alongside Mario and DK (who are literally #1 and #2 in Ultimate's character lineup). She also has high relevance in the Switch era, being very prominent in the big 3D Mario Game Oddysey and being added to a multitude of different Mario spinoffs like Mario Kart and Mario Tennis. Overall, she would be a perfect fit for Smash, using moves from Oddysey the same way Rosalina used moves from Galaxy in her moveset.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Alear
Represents the newest Fire Emblem game, which we failed to do in the base game.
They would use swordplay and summons of other characters.

1. Planet Wisp
2. Emerald Coast
3. Egg Carrier

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm going to throw my hat in the ring, I'm just still thinking of what I want to nominate. Just making a placeholder post so we don't move ahead yet.

1. Planet Wisp
2. Emerald Coast
3. Egg Carrier

Surprising myself a bit here because I thought I wanted an Adventure stage, but I do think Planet Wisp could be a pretty fantastic stage. Extra perk here is that the Colors remaster came out somewhat recently, so it makes sense to be on people's minds.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
DLC Job 16: Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
1724738553291.png

Well, I was kinda stumped on what to do here, but I’ve been trying to find a character in the spirit of how Ultimate handled its first party DLC. Generally they were in response to notable releases that missed the development window. We don’t exactly have a concrete “launch” for this game, but the closest thing I can think of is the promising future we now know Famicom Detective Club has, with a new game on the horizon.

FDC is not a big, high budget series. So perhaps it isn’t quite the right series to receive this kind of promo, but nonetheless I believe Ayumi is someone we would have taken seriously for base game had we known. And representing both a new Nintendo series outright, and even a new genre with Ayumi being the first VN character, she feels like she would make a valuable and dynamic addition to the cast. I would love to explore ways to represent the essence of her genre and the mystery theming of these games into her moveset to create a character unlike anything else so far.

I’m a bit disappointed I couldn’t think of a real Switch-era character, but frankly the options are limited now. I can’t nominate Oatchi, Zelda’s options are sparse (honestly feeling Guardian lately, but I don’t want to repeat from the other roster thread). And I’d have doubled up nominating another Splatoon character, but I have an itching feeling most people are okay with leaving it at three. Maybe next pass I’ll give that another go. For now let’s ponder on this surprising series resurgence.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes:

Egg Carrier 4
Planet Wisp 9
Emerald Coast 5

Planet Wisp is the next stage.

Here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Sidon
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Noah
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 Pauline
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Alear
Louie G. Louie G. Ayumi Tachibana

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Ayumi
2. Sidon
3. Noah

I put Ayumi in first because she provides a new series to the table. Noah and Alear were a toss-up, and I just went with the one I felt a little more inclined to add.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Sidon
2. Ayumi
3. Alear

Sidon is a bit out there, but I can get behind it. He’s a very popular character, he’s appeared in both BOTW and TOTK, his trident would grant him unique moveset options and Age of Calamity gives him some cool ideas to expand on. I think we could use more from Zelda, and this is a creative choice that isn’t so out of left field when you really think about it. I’m never quite sure what the smartest move is for a Switch era Zelda character so I’ve been open to the possibilities lately.

Ayumi is the one character here from a new series to Smash, which I think is somewhat valuable and helps the FDC revival to be a success. They also make the most sense as a character who may have missed the boat for base roster and put in heavier consideration after the plan had already been set. Alear… I don’t care for them much, but I still have regrets about not prioritizing a newer Fire Emblem character. I still think Three Houses deserves it more, but just working with the cards we were dealt here I will throw them a bone.

Pauline is fine and I have a cool moveset idea for her, but I don’t really think she’s that exciting or worthy to represent Odyssey akin to Rosalina and Galaxy. I just struggle to put them in the same camp. Noah has been nominated so many times that I almost feel bad, but I’ll just say outright that I think two (three) characters is good for Xenoblade. It’s not a megaton Nintendo series. Pyra / Mythra get to remain strong Switch-era character choices and Shulk is the guy. The series is closer in size to (smaller than) the likes of Pikmin which is still strapped with a single character. It’d be okay if they got another I suppose, but it’s nowhere near essential. I would suggest Zelda only having four characters is far more egregious.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Here are the votes:

Sidon 10
Noah 8
Pauline 3
Alear 1
Ayumi Tachibana 8

Sidon is the next fighter.

Job 17: Submit a Sidon Moveset

Job 18: Submit a Legend of Zelda Stage

feel free to add alts, base game Mii costumes, and Legend of Zelda and Sonic the Hedgehog Music and Trophies.
feel free to add Challenger Pass 5 costumes.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sigh... I was going to vote for Noah, but I guess that's my punishment for not checking social media for mental health reasons during long distance trips.

If the length of the submission period (4 days) and the voting period (2 days) were switched, I probably would have been able to vote... I have to say not a fan of how wildly inconsistent the lengths of them are. I waited so long for the submission period to end so I could vote, but then the voting period was much shorter, it's so enormously frustrating.

Of course the one job where my vote would have actually made a difference is the one I miss out on. And I only missed the voting period by less than a day. I hate my luck so, so much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom