• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: 4th Party Fighter Pass - Volume 2

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Some time ago, Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule gave me permission to do a second part of his old creation thread: A "Fourth Parties" Fighter Pass. So i'm going to reduce the number of characters from 10 to 7 for time constraints.

First of all: who were the original 10 from the first volume?
1. James Bond (007)
2. Scrooge McDuck (Disney's Mickey Mouse and Friends/DuckTales)
3. Batman (DC)
4. Goku (Dragon Ball)
5. Shrek
6. Darth Vader (STAR WARS)
7. Popeye the Sailor Man
8. Spider-Man (MARVEL)
9. Jotaro (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
10. Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam)

Any of the previous characters can't be selected (But those who were rejected can have a second chance), so we now have a new generation of fighters from outside the video games. So have fun and all that.

TBA

TBA

TBA

TBA

TBA

TBA

TBA

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Job #01 - Submit a Character
Oh yeah! The first of them all, keep in mind that you can't choose characters from the first volume. So...
  • Are you ready kids?
  • "Aye Aye, Captain!"
  • "I can't hear you..."
  • "AYE AYE, CAPTAIN!!!"
  • OOOOOOOHHHH!!!
  • Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SpongeBob SquarePants
SB (Sponge Out of Water).png

One of the most famous television and animation characters in the 21st century. His legacy trascended many media, including video games. Our yellow friend was omitted on the last thread, so he will be the #1 of this thread.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Well... he might be from a game, but given it's not a video game, I'm sure everyone's parents will be fine with it.

Character Name: Mr. Monopoly
Character Origin: Monopoly (1936)

Rich Uncle Pennybags, host of the Landlord's Game, would be an awesome pick for something like this. With a money-focused mindset (and the potential to represent mechanics from the game of Monopoly itself!), he'd be intriguing to see as a playable character - but furthermore, he'd have plenty of history behind him. Bear in mind, he's one of the older characters in this lineup - only a few years younger than Popeye, with his game being older still! With plenty of history, moveset potential, and recognisability overall... he feels like a natural inclusion into the brawl.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 1 - Character Submit
Goji.png

Godzilla
Godzilla himself is probably one of the most famous movie characters and pretty much recognizable.

First appearing way back in the 1954 movie, he was awoken by nuclear radiation from the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the Lucky Dragon 5 incident still fresh in the Japanese consciousness, Godzilla was conceived as a metaphor for nuclear weapons.

In his first movie, he rampaged through Tokyo killing thousands and causing destruction before being stopped by the Oxygen Destroyer.

After the movie was a success, the Godzilla series got a second movie as well another where he fought none other than Kong himself. The series got many movies, games, toys, comics and even anime over the years. The Godzilla series went from a movie into an entire franchise.
(And went dormant after Final Wars and returned in 2014 for a new reboot leading into Monsterverse)

Big G may have fought many monsters... but he would do great on the battlefield against new opponents he has never seen before.

He would have move set potential like his infamous Atomic Breath and other things.

Edit: Kaiju fans have been getting so much new stuff like the two Godzilla short films with Gigan, A new Godzilla coming next year, Monsterverse movie coming in 2024, Monsterverse getting an upcoming tv series (Godzilla and the Titans), Kong anime in development and now Gamera is back,

Last edited:
Job 1:
Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
View attachment 351837
Homer Jay Simpson is a patriarch of Simpson family and he is one of main protagonists of the long-running Simpsons TV show. He is husband of Marge and father of Bart, Lisa and Maggie.
He is one of famous animated characters and he would appear as 4th party playable fighter for Smash. Heck, his TV show is so popular that many people can recognize the titular Simpson family.

As for his moveset, his attacks would be based on simpsons media like games or even episodes from TV shows like he could use his car as side B, throw his donut as neutral special and even heal himself by drinking Duff bear. He also could borrow moves from others like Bart or Marge (I could want to see Homer skating like Bart).
He would be mid-heavyweight fighter with no additional movement options.

I nominate him, because his show is very popular and it would make sense to include him in the game as 4th party fighter.
Also he could bring mii costumes based on FOX/20th century studios properties like Predator, Alien or even Avatar (not the Nick one).

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Since no more people are gonna submit more charatcers...
Here's the nominees:

Choose 4 of them (self votes should be last ones) and honorable mentions counts as half vote.

1. Godzilla
2. Ronald McDonald
3. Homer Simpson
4. Spongeboy, me Bob!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 2 - Moveset
Tilts
Neutral A – Does a simple jab attack

Dash Attack – Homer trips saying D’oh

Up Tilt – Does a headbash similar to Wario’s Up Smash albeit weaker

Down Tilt – Does a kick similar to how he does it in Hit and Run

Floored Attack – Homer rises up roaring with his fists clenched hurting opponents who were near him

Smash Attacks
Up Smash – Homer uppercuts his opponent

Side Smash – A mailbox appears out of nowhere that Homer kicks, destroying it.

Down Smash – Homer brings out a chainsaw and swings it around

Air Moves
Neutral Aerial – Homer does a kick similar to the Arcade game.

Back Aerial – Homer elbows anyone behind him

Forward Aerial – Homer does a kick that is similar to how he did it in the arcade game.

Up Aerial - Homer simply swings a mallet like in the Arcade game. It can also spike opponents.

Down Aerial – Homer falls down belly first.

Grabs/Throws
Grab - Homer grabs the opponent by their neck screaming "WHY YOU LITTLE!"

Pummel - Strangles them

Front Throw – Homer rolls them like a bowling ball. Can also hurt other opponents via the opponent thrown hitting them

Back Throw – Homer simply turns around and throws the opponent.

Down Throw – Homer slips and falls onto the opponent saying D’oh!

Up Throw – Homer throws the opponent upwards.

Specials
Neutral - Homer Ball
Homer turns into a ball, and then spins in place until you release "B" button, then he flies of at high speed.

Side - Candy Boys
Homer throws a can of Buzz Cola mixed with Pop Rocks that explodes when tossed, doing a decent amount of damage.

Up - Simpson Slam
Homer jumps up and does a ground pound when he lands.

Down - Miniature Nuke
Homer drops a miniature nuke based off the ones from the Japanese version of the Simpsons Game. It does as much damage as a Smash attack but is balanced by not going far.

Final Smash
Radioactive Rampage
Homer gains muscles and a green glow from a waste barrel falling on him and he dashes at an opponent. If he hits, a cutscene happens as he flies up giving them a flurry of punches throwing them around Springfield causing destruction and collateral damage that ends with him punching the opponent all the way to space where he slams them down sending them back to the planet before going back to normal and falling with them.

Taunts
Up: Homer walks, slow and tired on the spot, saying "You're too FAST!"

Side: Raises two white flags saying, "Can't we be friends!?"

Down: Homer jumps around like a sissy, saying "Oooh, look at me everybody!” with his imitation voice.

Victories
1 - Homer yells "Woo-hoo!" but freaks out because of Marge's car going out of control as he gets chased.
2 - Homer comes out of a hedge and strikes a pose before going back in
3 - Homer does a couple of punches in the air, then he turns around, raises his arms and yells "I'm INVINCIBLE!"

Stage Entrance: Homer drives onscreen in his car before getting out and taking a swig of Duff.

Boxing Ring Title: The Yellow Father

K.O 1: "Doh!"

K.O 2: "Stupid Flanders!"

Star K.O: Screams

Screen K.O: "WHY YOU LITTLE?!"
Job 3 - Home Stage
Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
Nuclear.png

Taking place in the plant, the fighters battle and duke out among safety violations and radioactive waste, at some point, the plant starts going into meltdown making the workers panic and the stage more dangerous or something like that.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 2:
SPECIALS
Neutral Special: Burp: Homer release a burp forward, which can be charged to allow him to release a powerful burp out of fire.
Side Special: Gumi-Homer: Homer change himself into Gumi-Homer, a big gumi-ball, to fire gumi-balls forwards before disappearing.
Up Special: Heli-Homer: Homer inflates himself with helium to float himself into the air before deflating himself. This move has armour while using this move.
Down Special: Duff Beer: Homer drinks from a can of Duff Beer before throwing it forward, dealing damage from the can. If Homer drinks down 6 cans of Duff Beer, it’ll make him drunk and his stats increased for a short time.

FINAL SMASH
Springfield Smackdown: Homer charges forward with his shoulder out. If hit, the opponents get sent to a cinematic with Homer throwing objects from beer cans to doughnuts. Until ending with Homer driving to the opponents with his car, ramming into them to end the cinematic.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Special: Chokehold - A command grab - Homer can angle his foe for release - in FFAs and team battles, the foe serves as a projectile that can damage foes or be reflected.
Up Special: My Planet Needs Me - Homer is turned into an animation cell and moved directly up. This move has no end and can be cancelled any time, but comes with the disadvantage of being extremely fast and possible to SD with.
Down Special: Flaming Homer - Homer places a Flaming Moe Homer on the ground, which then serves as a firey wall
Side Special: Bush Backup - Homer backs up into a bush, this serves as a dodge move, and the bush can reflect projectiles
Final Smash: Dental Plan! - "Dental Plan! Lisa Needs Braces!" plays on loop for the rest of the fight, even into the results. There's no offensive or defensive use for this, it's just really annoying. Whatever you do, make sure Homer DOES NOT attain the Smash Ball!

Stage: Couch Gag

The lamp is to the right, and Maggie's crib is to the left. All platforms here are hard platforms, yellow represents an area covered up.
7DC9D101-F8BB-44BD-9C32-52EDADD8D602.jpeg

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
SpringField Tour
1669592235983.png

A traveling stage with throught the most famous landmarks of the show's town. (The Power Plant, the Republican Castle, etc)

Tomorrow is Voting day (maybe i'm busy but still i do)

FazDude

Smash Master
Homer Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Burp
    • Homer quickly chugs a can of Duff before loudly burping, creating a gas cloud around himself which can damage and launch opponents. Similarly to the Wario Waft, this move becomes stronger while it's not being used and gets stronger if Homer eats food.
  • Side Special: Why, You Little!
    • Homer rushes forwards with his arms extended. If he makes contact with an opponent, he violently strangles them before throwing them forwards, being able to be angled in one of three directions. However, this move does put Homer into freefall if used in midair.
  • Up Special: Helicopter Homer
    • Homer spins with his arms extended for a lariat attack, being able to move left and right while dealing multiple hits of damage. If used in the air, Homer gains a slight bit of vertical height as he spins, entering freefall once the move concludes. In short, it's the Spinning Kong.
  • Down Special: Bowling Ball
    • Homer rolls a bowling ball across the floor. While the ball does low damage and no knockback, it does cause opponents to trip over upon contact. The ball can also roll off-stage, making it a potential gimping tool.
  • Final Smash: Nuclear Meltdown
    • Homer tosses a vial of radioactive waste forwards, trapping any hit opponent in a cinematic. The cinematic depicts the opponent(s) being launched into the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, which is currently experiencing a meltdown. Homer is seen sleeping at his work desk in the midst of all the chaos, waking up just in time to see his foes annihilated by the explosion before saying "Oh, that's bad." The cinematic then ends, with the opponents suffering either major damage or an instant KO if their damage was above 100%.
    • (honestly i think it'd be hilarious to have homer sleep through his final smash as opposed to actually having a proper "super attack")
Taunts
  • Up: Homer raises his arms to the sky with a mighty "WOO-HOO!"
  • Side: Homer does his "Sugar, Honey Honey" dance from the episode "Flaming Moe's"
  • Down: Homer begins drooling at the thought of food.
Victory Animations
All three victory animations begin with the Simpson family running onto the couch, just like the classic couch gags. However, the gag in question is split between three possibilities.
  • Bart doesn't get on the couch immediately, instead wavedashing across the floor. After Homer glares at him, Bart slides onto the couch with a chuckle.
  • Maggie is seen with glowing red eyes, as if she were one of Galeem's puppet fighters. Marge burps her, causing a spirit to fly out of her, returning her to normal.
  • Homer accidentally knocks over an Assist Trophy, releasing a very confused Abe Simpson.
(By the way, will there be seperate jobs for animations such as taunts and victories, or should I include those now?)

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
sorry for beign late but here's the polls
Homer's Moveset and Homer's Stage

In the meantime, let's go the next jobs.

Job #04: Create a set of alternate costumes for Homie

Job #05: Submit a song list for his future stage

I'm going to do the sets of colour palletes and costumes he can wear in the fights
1. Default (His classic white shirt)
2. Green Shirt (Marge)
3. Orange Shirt (Lisa/Bart in the show)
4. Light Blue Shirt (Maggie/Bart in the merchandise)
5. Blue Formal Suit
6. Pie-Man
7. Astronaut Outfit
8. Mr. Plow Jacket

FazDude

Smash Master
I'll submit stuff later, but two questions:
  • I accidentally voted for the Power Plant when I intended to vote for the Springfield Tour; Can this be accounted into the final results?
  • How long should a song list be?

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
  • I accidentally voted for the Power Plant when I intended to vote for the Springfield Tour; Can this be accounted into the final results?
Don't worry, your vote for Springfield Tour counts while the Power Plant not

* How long should a song list be?
Minimun 25-30, but let you throw a SNK representation if you want.

FazDude

Smash Master

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Sorry for being too late, here are the results:
  • FazDude's Moveset wins
  • And his Music List will be the one

Since he accidentally vote th Power Plant, we have a Tiebreaker. Here's the new poll (i already voted)

And here is the Homer's Costumes Poll

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Classic Mode:
Patriarch Punch-Up
Homer Faces off with other canonical fathers

1. Vs Chrom
  2. Vs. Kazuya
  3. Vs. Ken
  4. Vs. Olimar
  5. Vs. Fox
  6. Vs. Pac-Man
  7. Mini-Game
  8. Boss Battle: Giga Bowser

Spirits Board
  1. Marge and Maggie (Novice)
  2. Bart (Advanced)
  3. Lisa (Novice)
  4. Krutsy the Clown (Advanced)
  5. Ned Flanders (Advanced)
  6. Mr. Burns and Smithers (Ace)
  7. Lenny and Karl (Novice)
  8. Nelson, Dolph, Jimbo and Kearney (Advanced)
  9. Moe Szyslak (Advanced)
  10. Principle Skinner (Ace)
  11. Itchy & Scratchy (Legend)
  12. Sideshow Bob (Legend)

Top Bottom