• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Didn't really think there were any good ones, but Jody Summer is a great idea and, considering that Cap's moveset is entirely original, would fit reasonably well.

For Wario, I'd guess 9-Volt. Doesn't really match proportins, but you might be able to get some use out of it.
9-volt should have an original moveset

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Mastermiine Mastermiine when are you gonna start the Wario poll
I've been very busy with filming on set lately. 3:00AM - 6:00PM and 7:00AM-8:00PM two days in a row just killed me. Plus, I was filming in a place with absolutely no service.

Edit: I will resume tomorrow. Going to bed. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Once again I am really sorry about the delay guys, I've been crazy busy today, and this week is looking busy. I will try my best to get around to updating later today. (Since its 1:00AM RN). I hope you guys understand. I know, the delays are killing me too. I just want to get to Sonic day so bad ever since I started this... :(

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Once again I am really sorry about the delay guys, I've been crazy busy today, and this week is looking busy. I will try my best to get around to updating later today. (Since its 1:00AM RN). I hope you guys understand. I know, the delays are killing me too. I just want to get to Sonic day so bad ever since I started this... :(
dont worry about it

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
It’s okay.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
So my college apartment flooded so I am in the process of moving out into a new area, then I have to study for my Senior Seminar exam can someone count all the nominations for Wario and send me the list of names and can send them to a mod. Also, can someone send me a screen cap of the poll result?

Thanks.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Booster cause he more closely resembles Wario the most. Plus I like SMRPG if you couldn't tell :yoshi:

Also I nominate Big Boss for Snake
Sounds good! Feels good to be back. If I was able to keep up we would be at sonic by now which is the one I wanna do so bad.... oh well. 6 more days.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I really don’t think there’s a viable echo, but props to whoever nominated Gengar. Not one I’d have considered, but it works so well in my head.

I can’t say much for the Metal Gear series, but if we wanted to go 3rd party in general, Snake does have a good ‘generic soldier’ kit. I could easily see Chris/Jill/Leon from Resident Evil or the Sole Survivor from Fallout 4.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
I went with Gengar, and right now I'm the only person who has. I don't think Gengar would work as an echo in the least bit (how would the motorcycle work? Would Gengar turn into Gengarman for the final smash? Is there a single move that would actually work as an echo?), but I guess my love of Gengar outshines all rational thought. I just really want Gengar in smash, you guys. Is it too late to say Gengar could be the Mewtwo echo?

As for the echo who would actually work: Foreman Spike. Spike is enough of a non-character that you can mostly make up a moveset to fit, and the two are close enough in character.

For Snake: I second a vote for Big Boss and move to add Liquid Snake to the ballot. As for general characters from Metal Gear I'd love to see but who don't fit in as echoes: Grey Fox and Psycho Mantis. Especially Psycho Mantis. That guy needs to at least be a boss in story/"Spirits" mode.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go with Foreman Spike but they'd have to create quite some stuff to make it work

for Snake, MGS2 Raiden. He could have a different FS but otherwise he could be basically the same. I'm fresh off beating MGS2 and while I'm not really the biggest fan of that game, I absolutely love Raiden, he's my echo pipe dream at this point
Big Boss would be cool too but he's so visually similar I'd rather have him as a costume for Snake (Alph-like), on top of Raiden being an echo. If that's feasibly possible anyway :p

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ill say foreman spike could work, give in bomb instead of wario waft that works the same way and a fork lift truck instead of a bike, they'd need something else instead of the chomp

as for snake i know nothing about the metal gear games

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Voted "No Viable Echo." None of the echo options are particularly related to Wario himself (aside from Mona/9-volt, who absolutely would not work as farting, chomping, twerking fighters).

Nominations for Snake: There's actually quite a few that work here. Since Solid Snake himself is -literally- a clone, there's no less than 4 characters who share his DNA in some fashion:
* Solid Snake (MG1/2, MGS1,4, presumably the one in Smash)
* Naked Snake/Big Boss (MGS3/5/PSP, MG1/2 antagonist, Solid's genetic donor/father)
* Liquid Snake (MGS1 antagonist, Solid's blonde twin clone-brother)
* Solidus Snake (MGS2 antagonist, Solid's aged-looking clone-bother, uses a completely different twin-katana fighting style, though, not a great Echo.)
* Venom Snake (MGS5, surgically-created doppleganger of Big Boss)

Additionally, there are couple of major characters who could use a similar Close-Quarters-Combat fighting style as him, and all are shown to be proficient with firearms/explosives:
* The Boss (MGS3 major character, Big Boss's mentor, almost a mother-like figure, seeing as how Robin/Corrin/Villager don't have any issue having female alternate costumes, the change from a male base graphic model to a female one should be trivial as far as Echoes are concerned, similar to Marth/Lucina.)
* Raiden (MGS2/R, Solidus' adopted son and essentially Solid's protege, originally used the same skillset, but he does focus on the katana in more recent games for some variety)
* Revolver Ocelot/Liquid Ocelot (MGS1-4 antagonist, Naked AND Solid Snake's eternal 'rival', more known for gunplay, but an accomplished operative in his own right)

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
I guess Mr.Krabs was to late.

I chose Patrick Star because it would be so funny to see him make it in.

For Snake I nominate solidus snake. (I never played a single metal gear game so I had to go to the wiki.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Unpopular opinion: I just don't like Wario or his moveset, so I voted no viable choice, cause I don't want an echo...

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
I'm the madman who nominated Count Cannoli, but I'm still voting no viable option.

-----------

Similar boat with Smash's Snake; he's an amalgamation of Big Boss and Solid Snake in appearance and move references, but is distinctly the later in character. While Big Boss is an easy echo, as could be MGS3 Raiden or even Young Ocelot? None of them feel right. Thus, in the name of variety, I will once again be a madman, and thus I Nominate Venom Snake as an echo for Solid Snake.

...Just replace the remote rocket with the ROCKETU PAUNCH and I'm sold.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Oh yeah

Tails
Shadow
Classic Sonic
Metal Sonic

Just to name a few.
I feel like we can actually remove Tails as an option from the Sonic poll when that comes later now that we kind of have a more clear definition of echoes after Isabelle's reveal and Sakurai's comments afterward. It's pretty obvious now that if Tails ever gets in, he won't be an echo.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i say they cut snake (The new poll was up i assumed we could start)

not sure whod work for ike, they said chrom was perfect in the last game and look how that turned out

ive come up four more echoes for zelda, anyone else coming up with echoes in hindsight?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Naked Snake for Snake.

For Ike I nominate Black Knight.

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Considering we probably won't get codec calls back, so they don't have to worry about recording a whole new set of characters for it, I think Raiden getting in has potential. Not having some moves from his MGS4 appearence feels a little blasphemous, though.

This may be a little weird, but I'm going to nominate Alm from Echoes for Ike. With his Path of Radiance look back, they should be able to have an easy enough hitbox. Plus, I think while both of their routes are important to the main plot of Echoes, Celica is the only one I see them dedicating time to flesh out a whole moveset for.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I gotta support my Bethesda here.

All of the Fire Emblem characters could somewhat echo others, so it’s easy enough to just find others with zweihänder, but I think it’d be fun to have someone with a greataxe like Hector as well - wouldn’t be too far off, and people would like that it’s not a sword.

Beyond that, Siegfried/Nightmare from Soul Calibur may work as well.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
I'm a nuclear wildman, and still say Venom Snake is the better choice gameplay-wise to Big Boss. Big Boss, however, is easily the more popular and easier-to-make. Just add more facial hair and you have an alternate costume. Add a few stat differences and you could have a generic echo without effort.

BUT I STILL WANT THAT ROCKETU PAUNCH.

----------

For Ike, there are two easy choices: Either Ike's Father, or the Black Knight. His father, who taught Ike and BK their sword style, isn't that popular however. BK, meanwhile, has some interesting potential combined with teleport powder. However, I'm the madman who believes in wild but possible choices and, therefore, I will nominate Zephiel, the King of Bern, Harbinger of Dragonkind, and wielder of the mighty Mechanical Mace-Blade Eckesachs. (Seriously, look at that attack animation. Glorious.)

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Big Boss or Raiden work best for series' importance. The Boss works as both an antagonist and a new female rep. Liquid Ocelot manages to rep two antagonists at once! Venom Snake is the most recent/relevant option.

It's hard to choose. Going with Big Boss just because MGS3 is quite possibly the best narrative Kojima has ever told, so he's the Snake clone I'm most attached to.

--

Noms for Ike:
Most of the prominent ones have been mentioned already. Black Knight or Hector are the only ones I'd really be interested in. Sigurd has -just- enough series' importance to earn a mention.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I know nothing about MGS, so I voted no echo for Snake.

On the other hand, I'm going pretty wild with the Ike nomination and I say Twilight Princess Ganondorf. In my opinion, it makes way more sense to make Ganon a clone of Ike than Falcon.

Top Bottom