• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Waaaaiit..Mewtwo's poll in the OP says Gigyas won but Shadow Mewtwo has 7 more votes...
Yeah, I think since "Giegue" and "Mother 1 Gyigas" are the same character those votes were added together. If you look at who won it includes both choices.

Also, to plan a head I am thinking of doing Pokemon trainer as one unit and you will have to submit three echo ideas.

Thoughts?
I can think of at least six possible echoes for Pokemon Trainer, though granted some would be pretty janky. Even beyond Nihilego-Mewtwo echo.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
For Zero Suit Samus, I would like to nominate dark Zero Suit Samus and MB

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Galacta makes sense, but we all know about the Galacta-style alt. I'm picking Magolor just because he's also popular, and I'm sure Sakurai could make it work.

For ZSS...most that I can think of are just different costumes like the Justin Bailey one (I'd love if her military outfit ended up as an alt). I really can't think of any good ones that involve rocket boots/whip-gun/etc.

I do feel obligated to throw out an idea, but the only one I can even think of that will partially work is Ivy from Soul Calibur - it matches the heels and the whip part, and then I guess the blasts could just be bursts from her whip sword? Yeah, I got nothing...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i voted for morpho knight think hed be the most fun

as zero suit erm think ill leave that to the others

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
I'm not really a fan of the idea of Echo fighters coming from other series. I still dislike Falcondorf as a concept, and MewGiygas doesn't sit well with me either. Echoes make the most sense when the original lore of the character explains why they fight similarly. Dark Pit is a literal mirror-made clone of Pit. Lucina modeled herself after her idol the Hero-King Marth. Dark Samus is a Phazon-based entity that absorbed traits of Samus. Ken is Ryu's long-time training partner and rival. Shadow is... another hedgehog? (Sonic lore confuses me, but at least the games seem to portray Shadow and Sonic as innately similar in many regards.)

Unfortunately for ZSS, there's not a lot of characters in her series that can use her moveset/animations. Perhaps "random Galactic Federation soldier"?

For a character from outside Metroid, the only options I can think are characters from sci-fi-like settings. So maybe one of the Xenoblade cast? Fiora or Sharla from XBC1 could work if you stretch it. But I would personally still prefer "N/A" over cross-series clone.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Voting Dark Meta Knight over Galacta knight for better matching Meta Knight.

Galacta Knight lacks a sword, has a shield, no cape, and is overall more unique.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Gandrayda for ZSS all day. Same proportions, same series, AAND, Gandrayda has an ugly habit of copying/shapeshifting into various creatures, Samus included. At one point in MP3C, we're at risk of having 3 Phazon-addicted Samuses wreaking havoc: The Player, Metroid Prime (Dark Samus) and Gandrayda (Samus-G).

Gandrayda is a humanoid Ditto.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Voted Dark Meta Knight, going only by optic, as I don't know the game(s) he's in...
I have no idea regarding Zero Suit Samus...

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'll go with Dark Metaknight because Galacta has a different weapon and a shield, it doesn't work well as an echo IMO.

But the ideal representation for the MK "clones" would be this:
Metaknight
Galacta Knight (semiclone)
Morpho Knight (Metaknight echo)
Dark Metaknight (Galacta Knight echo)

something similar to Fire Emblem's Marth/Roy/Lucina/Chrom.
Lore-wise it would make more sense if the echoes are swapped, but this way you keep the reference that Morpho is Metaknight's beta design, and also it makes more sense moveset-wise.
Dark Metaknight could use mirrors to simulate the shield properties of Galacta Knight, and in Kirby Star Allies his attacks are slower than MK's, so it would match Galacta's lance; Galacta can summon several swords made of light and shoot them, while Dark Metaknight can create physical reflections of his sword and do a very similar thing by using the mirrors... it would work IMO.

But is it really worth to have 4 Metaknights in the game?

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
I also Nominate Jill Valentine and Jody Summer as echo fighters for Zero Suit Samus.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i voted fo no viable options, not cause i dont think theyd work just casue i dont really think any of them ought to be in smash

wario's a tough one for nominees i suppose foreman spike from wrecking crew could work as he was a precursor to wario

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Personally, I kind of agree that Metroid has a good selection of reps now, and there's no standout candidate for ZSS to me.

Wario noms... I can only think of Booster from Super Mario RPG. At least they are both from Mario. I don't think he's a great choice for a fighter, but would make a pretty good Alt Costume?

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
The less Samus characters and the more Metroid characters, the better. I've voted no viable choice, as none of these would be properly represented under the Zamus moveset. They would have to be retooled extensively to fit, which would result in a semi-clone at best and not an echo as the voting asks.

--------

For a Wario nomination, however? Not many characters that fit his build or style...it's- not exactly the type of character you could readily translate to another without a horrifically extensive amount of changes.

Only humans I can think of in the Mario Universe that are notable would be Booster, Count Cannoli, Foreman Spike and Stanley the Bugman...with only Booster and Count Cannoli being the notable picks, but Count Cannoli being from the Wario Franchise. Thus, in the interest of Variety, I nominate Count Cannoli of the Wario Franchise as an Echo of Wario.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
I nominate dr.crgor, king hippo, and Patrick Star as Wario echoes.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Guys, Zero Suit Dark Samus is basically Dark Samus without flesh. Dark Samus's "armor" is her exoskeleton lol, and you fight her "armor-less" as the final boss of MP2E. Dark Samus isn't a humanoid using a powersuit, she's what you get when you pour molten wax into Samus's armor.

Booster for Wario!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Didn't really think there were any good ones, but Jody Summer is a great idea and, considering that Cap's moveset is entirely original, would fit reasonably well.

For Wario, I'd guess 9-Volt. Doesn't really match proportins, but you might be able to get some use out of it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For Wario, nothing fits, except for Wario himself as a Wario Land representative, which won't happen, because that's not Echo material; more like a total different character.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Best Wario echo would probably be classic Wario where he utilizes Wario Land moves. He'd be better off as unique/semi-clone, but if you wanted him to be an echo his side-B could be his purple car from Wario Land 4 instead of the bike. Down-B could be a ground-pound that spikes since it'd be fairly easy to make.

Aside from maybe Booster I can't think of anyone else who could work as a Wario echo.

JMac52

Smash Cadet
For Zero Suit Samus, definitely voted for Jody Summer. That would be a really interesting cross series echo.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Voted no viable choice this time.
Wario is another one with no feasible option in my opinion.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I've always wanted to see a playable Chozo warrior, I think that has the potential to be quite awesome as a ZSS echo.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
No choice this time...
For Wario, maybe Foreman Spike? He was Wario's predecessor in a way

SkySkipper

Smash Rookie
One idea I've seen for Wario is Dr. Crygor, where the down special functions the same, but is a jetpack instead.

slambros

Smash Ace
I'll say this: the Wario Echo I'll be voting for is Dr. Crygor. I like voting for Echo ideas that would provide a personality or character contrast at the very least.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Just curious, was Shadow Kirby from The Amazing Mirror a nomination for Kirby?

Other than that I nominate Mona as an echo of Wario..

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, was Shadow Kirby from The Amazing Mirror a nomination for Kirby?

Other than that I nominate Mona as an echo of Wario..
I don’t think a fat farting Mona is a good idea....

But as always, correct me if I’m wrong!

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Also Mr.krabs and some dinosaur pizza guy for Wario echo fighters

Top Bottom