• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Umm... my Wii is starting to act really strange...

First off, I plan on taking it to like Best Buy or something to clean the lenses (w/e you want to call them) because it has been making a loud buzzing noise when it reads discs.

Second, it has occasional errors when I turn on my Wii. (Something along the lines of "Wii had an error, look in the manual for troubleshooting").

Now, I was just surfing Homebrew Browser, and when I press any button on my Wiimote, my Wii turns off.

rinoH

Smash Lord
this is a noob question but will playing online work if the two people have the same codeset for B+ but use different texture hacks?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
this is a noob question but will playing online work if the two people have the same codeset for B+ but use different texture hacks?
Yes, it will. As long as you have the same codeset, it should work. Also, textures don't matter in whether or not you can play somebody. Textures show up as whatever they have in that spot (for example, you have the Metroid trainer in FitPokeTrainer00, and the person you're playing has shiny pokiemans in that "slot," it'll show up differently, but not affect any gameplay.

Kief

Smash Ace
I have B+, but sometimes i'll still like to play online with my friends, that have vbrawl. I would like to still use the replay hack, so if i temp. removed the B+ code, put in just the replay hack code, left the gameconfig.txt code there, and played vbrawl online, would it work fine with the replay hack? Then afterwards I could swap back to the B+ code?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I have B+, but sometimes i'll still like to play online with my friends, that have vbrawl. I would like to still use the replay hack, so if i temp. removed the B+ code, put in just the replay hack code, left the gameconfig.txt code there, and played vbrawl online, would it work fine with the replay hack? Then afterwards I could swap back to the B+ code?
As long as your codes DO NOT affect game play, then you will be fine. (Replay hack, camera hack)

If your codes affect gameplay, you will desynch. (No tripping, hitstun mods)

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Posted this in the Q&A sticky, but maybe it'd be better here:

1. Can you/have you made textures similar to past stages like N64 Hyrule Castle or Fountain of dreams to add to a custom stage creation so that they look much similar to them?

2. can you create things in the background such as the big tower with platforms you can jump on in Hyrule Castle n64 or things in the foreground like the pyramid shaped roof on the same level? Here's a pic to help you see:

http://zelda.gry-online.pl/gry/ssb/p...k hyrule.JPG

3. Can you change certain properties of platforms in custom stages so that they are grabbable such as a slanted block like the left side of Hyrule Castle?

If these three things are possible that would be so awesome, you could maybe bring back all of the past stages and make them look almost exactly like them too.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Bump.

I don't know why, but for some reason I still can't grasp the understanding of how to get Items and Stages to work in Brawl. All the guides I have looked at seem to be for editing them...

=/

If someone could give me an explanation, or link me to something that can help, that'd be great.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm having troubles with CSP's too, lol.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
I need help!
I can't get the select screen portraits to work they only show on the
results screen...plz help :(

ChozoAce

Smash Cadet
Im not sure if this is hacks related but why cant i update my wii? i have the version before 4.0 (3. something) and when i update it says internet error:confused:

UncleSam

Smash Master
you can connect to the internets right? does it have an error code, if it does check it i don't know what else to say

OK so I had to send in my wii to fix the disc reader (nothing to do with homebrew) and I put the homebrew channel on my SD card now I realize this was a bad idea, I can't move it over to the wii system memory or launch it from the SD card menu. do I downgrade or what?

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
IM sure this has been asnwered but i just want to know 100%

i have a 4.0 wii..with the bannerbomb exploit can i get geckos and then brawl+? if anyone is online that wants to help me walkthrough if possible that would be cool cause ihave my 2gig sdcard :p

UncleSam

Smash Master
IM sure this has been asnwered but i just want to know 100%

i have a 4.0 wii..with the bannerbomb exploit can i get geckos and then brawl+? if anyone is online that wants to help me walkthrough if possible that would be cool cause ihave my 2gig sdcard :p
wiibrew.org/wiki/BaNNeRBoMB
thanks I can also answer my problem with bannerbomb
I'll just re-install it

Almas

Smash Lord
Kief: Try adding:

Code:
poke (800EB804, 60000000)
At the appropriate location in your gameconfig.txt, then running Brawl without codes enabled. Perhaps it may give you the functionality of the infinite replays code without having to swap over codesets.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Hey i just did it!! i used banner bomb and now im lookin at the homebrew channel!!! how do i get geckos?(im getting happy!)

UncleSam

Smash Master
Hey i just did it!! i used banner bomb and now im lookin at the homebrew channel!!! how do i get geckos?(im getting happy!)
Ok in your SD card you need to make a apps folder thats where you're homebrew applications go which includes GeckoOS
EDIT: hackmii is a .elf file and I can't use bannerbomb, that and I can't install 1.0.1 with it anyone have 1.0.2 download?
EDIT2: just ignore me I got it

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
ok im confused there..when i put geckos just like place the file in there i go to channels then SD and it opens gecko.but when i do launch game it says Exception Occured..anyhelp? i have an apps folder under private/wii/apps is that where gecko goes or can it stay like at the front

illinialex24

Smash Hero
ok im confused there..when i put geckos just like place the file in there i go to channels then SD and it opens gecko.but when i do launch game it says Exception Occured..anyhelp? i have an apps folder under private/wii/apps is that where gecko goes or can it stay like at the front
Uhhh no.

SD card\apps is where is goes.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I just bought Punch Out. I need to perform a mandatory system update to play it though. There is a warning prior to the initiation of the update though that basically says I could brick my system if homebrew is installed. What do I do?

Also, if the update does work, does homebrew get deleted? If homebrew is deleted, is there any way of getting it back on my Wii?

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Use waninoko's safe 4.0 upgrader.

If you do a normal update, homebrew isn't deleted. Several apps, like WAD installer, won't work correctly, but HBC and Gecko will still stay and function fine.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Use waninoko's safe 4.0 upgrader.

If you do a normal update, homebrew isn't deleted. Several apps, like WAD installer, won't work correctly, but HBC and Gecko will still stay and function fine.
Thanks a bundle!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm getting an issue with Gecko giving me a disc read error when I try to load Brawl. I'm not sure why, as it loads completely fine normally. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'm getting an issue with Gecko giving me a disc read error when I try to load Brawl. I'm not sure why, as it loads completely fine normally. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
I think I might possibly know. Are you trying to force a different version with it possibly different than your Wii?? Doubt its it but its possible.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think I might possibly know. Are you trying to force a different version with it possibly different than your Wii?? Doubt its it but its possible.
I don't have any force on, I suppose I'll try out forcing different versions.

Edit: Nope, didn't help. I'm buying a Lens Cleaner kit today, I think it might be some grime on the lens.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Quick question. I was just researching how to install Homebrew on a System 4.0 Wii and I found out something interesting. According to this:

http://www.coderetard.com/2009/03/2...eaks-twilight-hack-homebrew-channel-survives/

if you had Homebrew before upgrading to 4.0, you keep it on your Wii. Is this true? I've been wanting to play some newer games, but haven't been able to and would really like to keep Brawl+ and play some new games.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
As an update to my DRE problem, using the lens cleaning kit got it to load first try. Just crap on the lens, was all it was.

Almas

Smash Lord
Updating your version of Gecko would have also helped with the problem - the new version doesn't scan both sides of the disk or something, so is less likely to bug out at the starting screen.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Anyone has the "All Stuff Unlocked" or something like that hack?

I deleted my brawl data by mistake and I don't feel like unlocking everything again. :(

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Check the EX Brawl BETA thread. The DL link contains a 100% hacked unlocked AR save. Put that in your save directory in your SD card and copy it to your Wii.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
can I have the online/offline files simultaneously usable?/ do the online codes work offline?

tha_carter

Smash Ace
I bought punchout, and it forced me to update my wii.

Is it still safe to use Gecko or SSBB online?

Almas

Smash Lord
I would recommend you use a nightly build for the moment, Cytrs. They remove the need for dual-wielding codesets.

I'm not sure what you mean, carter, but I don't believe I've seen any verified reports of people being blocked from wifi play using codes with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom