• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Sanu

Smash Champion
i have class right now lol, you guys have fun

might check it out afterwards though :)

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I ended up being scheduled for work Thursday night between 6:00 and 9:00.

What I'm going to do is come for the start, go to work, and then come back, since I work right at Connestoga mall and it's not too far.

Sanu

Smash Champion
just fyi, i am actually going to be VERY BUSY for the next two weeks since i have two projects due and three midterms from now until the 26th. DON'T WORRY THOUGH! I will be there tomorrow to supply one setup but will be preoccupied with homework for most of the night

on the flip side, I will not be attending on thursday the 21st but others are still welcome to show up of course :)

Vauss

Smash Cadet
Yknow, I've recently (yesterday) come to the realization that a lot of Smash people are a helluva lot like DOTA people. "I don't like this game, it's not DOTA". I hear a lot of people say "I don't like Brawl, it's not Melee", and several saying "I don't like Brawl-, it's not Brawl". It's a really stupid reason to dislike a game...

Jono

Smash Apprentice
Yknow, I've recently (yesterday) come to the realization that a lot of Smash people are a helluva lot like DOTA people. "I don't like this game, it's not DOTA". I hear a lot of people say "I don't like Brawl, it's not Melee", and several saying "I don't like Brawl-, it's not Brawl". It's a really stupid reason to dislike a game...
I'm sorry that I didn't find your favourite game to be very fun. :(

Vauss

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry that I didn't find your favourite game to be very fun. :(
Don't be, I don't care if you like it or not, I was just making the observation that "I don't like X because it's not Y" is a very poor reason (ie: not a reason) to dislike something

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'd love to get some great brawl matches in, like Sanuzi, I have three midterms (one being tomorrow) in the next two weeks, so I'll be sure to head over for some action once those are over.

@ DOTA reference; play whatever you prefer, haters gonna hate.Just have fun, and don't waste your time analyzing, lol. If you're curious, I grew up on all three smash games, and I happen to prefer the flow of brawl (original) over the others.

Lastly, anyone going to Monster (S)mash on the 30th? I think Ally might be there :(, and just hope I can get through programming assignments beforehand, heh.

That's all. I'll see you guys in a few weeks!

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
You only hear ppl say "i don't like brawl, it's not melee" cuz it's melee's sequel and overpopularized at the moment due to the fact that it's newer and large game hosts will still carry it for that reason (ie MLG)

It's only cuz they're related ppl put them in that context. I don't know much about DOTA, but I'll assume ppl say "I don't like [insert game irrelevant to DOTA], it's not DOTA.

Also, I won't be coming today lol. Too busy and not quite worth the drive x)

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
So I guess this didn't happen this week? Didn't see any open rooms or anybody :\

Nvm! Found it. 205.

Sanu

Smash Champion
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
thanks for coming out to those who did!! even though this event has sort of dried up due to midterms, there's still enough people to make it fun :]

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll be done most of my work by Thursday, so I'll probably come by for some brawls if you guys got a setup going (and yes I finally got a working sd card to save >_>)

Sanu

Smash Champion
Once again, I'm not going to be able to attend the smash event this week and the next.

Thought you guys should know.

Vauss

Smash Cadet
I've got 2 setups in my office right now, so if people can give me a hand, we can get those going tonight

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I could come help carry the setups down, and maybe play a few games, but then I have to run to work, and I can't come back afterwards. =(

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Is there going to be a brawl setup and people playing? I'm being hopeful, and it'd suck to make the trip to RCH just for melee (since I'm terrble at it now >_>)

EWC

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I haven't been able to make it out recently 'cuz of assignments and stuff, but I have time today. Is anybody playing melee today?

Sanu

Smash Champion
people were playing actually, but we dispersed around 6:30 since most if not all of the rooms were booked on the premise of midterms

Sanu

Smash Champion
i finish class at around 9 tonight, i think i'd be down. i also have no class tomorrow. and I'm leaving for toronto on thursday

hmm

if enough people want, we can do the smash@uwaterloo thing tomorrow?

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
I'd be down for smash tomorrow too but so far you've only got brawl players responding, lol.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Three assignments and two midterms this week... I'll see you guys next week instead @__@;
Sorryyy

(also I might be going to Pound 5 in February :cool:)

Executor

Smash Apprentice
so is there anything going on tonight o.O if so ill come by... if i get a response lol
or tomorrow or thursday whenever

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I've got class tommorow evening, so if you guys do tommorow, I won't be able to come. If it's Thursday though, I'm there.

Top Bottom