• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
And yeah, most of us have met and played them already <_< We know they're too good.

Still, it'd be something if Jason actually did come down LOL
Lol yeah. But I wouldn't want to be mean to them...why would they come to Waterloo. They pass Toronto to get here. And it will probably take them 6+ hours to get here...

Keatsta

Smash Apprentice
Because by the time they do our intense training program will be complete and they will be in awe of the remarkable progress our isolated metagame has made?

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Myself and Brian out of those mentioned. Peter should have been listed too. We hardly trained Jack but he is good. and Leek and Josh got super good thanks to the help of Toronto scenes. Omni is the best example though. He came out all the time to smash with us, the Toronto guys, and now the Ottawa guys too! Lanowen is just too good also :p

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Quebec would **** our ****....but would love to see them come down

Still shouldn't stop us from holding a tourney, we just need to make one of these bi weeklies
official.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
Nice, I'm at Laurier. Is this on for tomorrow? I got dragged to the London bi-weekly yesterday by a friend. After a couple years of not playing, I think I have the smash bug back.

Omniscius

Smash Cadet
Forget Quebec, Kingston vs. KWC crews is where it's at! If we can get a car we can probably make it down to K-W, there's definitely interest here but no car :ohwell:. Maybe Brandon will take us, but he plays brawl so there better be some brawlers for him to play lol (looking at you Infzy)

BTW, was that crew battle recorded? Man, I'd love to see Lanowen beasting in crews but I'll bet it wasn't recorded because I took my recording stuff with me when I left.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
So, since I'm completely free tomorrow afternoon/evening, I'll be there with GC + smash.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I may or may not come which depends if Victor comes too. I got two project due Wednesday, one which is almost done and another one which needs work. So I'll work my *** off from right after school until 6 and then make a decide. So I'm about 50-50. I need to test my recorder as well. I'll bring it again but this time we should use it ;)

Omni, bring them! Infzy will also **** your brawlerz!!!!

Leek, your too good, stop lying :p

Josh, why is the title Brawl & Melee? When was the last Brawl set-up (no hate, since Brawl is cool)?

Brian, Brett, get ***** as of late tonight after puzzling work shift. (Seriously, I need a combo video :))

Jack, too much CPU ****.

Peter, full of win.

Wow, I just made shoutouts because of replies, so I'll keep going!

Pikachu dude who was our captain!, Your Pika is good.

Lanowen, ****. I only took a stock....

Everyone else, get ***** by Steven and George! Too good.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Are draft crews on for today? When does it normally start/finish etc?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
If crews happen they usually start when we get a lot of ppl and when they all want to do it at the same time. It takes a tiny bit of organization but also focus from ppl.

So basically when ppl feel like it lol, and it ends depending on how many ppl are there on each team.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Good shiat this week gentlemen....

Now bring your toonies out to next weeks event and will make legit pools and actually get to the bracket. If you can't come any earlier than 6 :30 you prolly can't get in as we need to start matches at that time so we can get pools and the bracket done and have enough time for draft crews and or friendlies.

Keep coming out guys, and bringing friends. This thing seems to get bigger every week :D

Flan

Smash Journeyman
yeah, we can't stress this enough. YOU HAVE TO BE THERE FOR 6:30 AT THE LASTEST. and bring a toonie too. If you are going to be late by up to 30 minutes, please call ahead. If you can make it before your pool is done, then we can hopefully get you in.

Also, 4 set-ups are what we need since there will be 4 pools mostlikely. I will record stuff again because I got a huge stack of discs now.

SHOUT-OUTS! I got everyone's names from yesterday down pat.

Peter, we ran a good tournament for doing it by hand :p Tough luck against me, you will get it back next week, I promise.

Dylan, amazing sheik. You brought me down to 1 stock both match-ups. I was surprised and we sweating a little at the end of both matches. It could have gone either way. COME OUT AGAIN!!!!!!

Quenk, look above except Marth instead of Sheik and How2, Jack, and Paul instead of me. You are great really good.

Jeremy(2), nice Falco. The dittos were fun ^_^ If you can get your tech skill up a little more, you would be really good.

Jack, **** me more in doublez plz. I'll team with you next week in friendlies!

Brian, watch me **** :p

Josh, we haven't played a set since the last tournament. Next time, I will meet you in brackets for a rematch.

Jeremy, legit 3rd place. If you didn't play Peter, it would have been Jack or Jacky and they are both equally ****.

How2, your Falcon is crazy!!! I watched plenty of your **** and its quite mind blowing.

Mike, o.0 Too Good! I need a rematch against you sometime!

Andrew, from what I heard, you are getting much better! Good work!

Leek, we need to play again sometime! Too bad Tuesday night is bad for you.

Nhat, Eric, Noah, Anthony, I didn't talk with you guys but thanks for coming out!

George, Steven, Lanowen, Jeffman, That Guy!, Roy, Daven(did I spell it right?), You guys missed out on a fun night! Next week you gotta come!

Anyone I missed, I apologize. It was crazy fun and I'm looking forward to next week.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the awesome night guys.

Peter and Flan, good **** running that by hand.

Josh, why do we end up doing stupid stuff when we play doubles together?

Everyone in my pool, good **** from all of you. I learned a lot from playing you guys.

Dylan, once you choose a main, you'll be set. Amazing fun playing you in friendlies.

Everyone who I played friendlies with, thanks for those.

Brian, I only played you in one game but you're too good.

Everyone who I didn't play. I hope to play you guys sometime. Everyone is starting to step it up when we're in a tournament mindset.

I'll post closer to Tuesday confirming what I can bring. Most likely, it'd be my laptop + tio and a GC + smash.

how2smashbrothers

Smash Apprentice
Staying until 1am to play smash omg wtf is wrong with me.

@ josh: sick job hosting and running this again. Managed to settle everyone down and not get us kicked out

@ Paul: sick set. Your marth eg's are too good

@ jack: your fox. Ahh

@ quenk & Noah: good pools sets

@ eric: shine shine shine shine shine ahh. Will techchase you with more dair next time.

@ Dylan: you ***** my **** with like 3 characters. Too good.

@ peter: lol teams

@ anyone else: if you played me as fox/falco, you probably tore me a new one.

Next week. Wooooooooœ

G U R U

Smash Lord
So how many people usually show up to this? Tuesday's are my day off but idk if I wanna drive that far if there's not a decent turnout.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
we get around 16 people average with at least 3 set-ups.

Guys, we need to have at least 1 set-up per pool. I'm going to run a sample pool and bracket simulation and figure out how to do this depending on the number of TVs that come up. Peter and Josh, can I still count of you guys bringing the usual? And Steven, are you coming next week?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
I won't be there next Tuesday (the 10th), as I have two midterms, and a load of other work to do...

I'll be there on the 17th! Hopefully... I'm trying to not turn this into a weekly habit lol...

Quickly:

Brian: thanks for the donut!

Josh: we gotta play more than a freaking set every two weeks! lol

Peter: stop freaking sandbagging!

SD: good games! no more yoshi's vs. your marth I guess =( i'll start playing gayer vs you too :)
oh and i know your weakness now ;)

Flan: i loved the system, i totally got it, somehow, and more 2v2!

How2: good falcon, i miss the ganon, but yeah, fox vs. falcon is... not great. i won't go fox vs you next time :) falcon dittos!!!!

Jack: get back to work!

Keatsta

Smash Apprentice
Going to get assignments done this weekend so I can go next Tuesday. Should be able to bring a TV, two Wiis and a Gamecube.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys, stuff came up for next week so I won't be able to make it.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I would hype it up, but I'm so exhausted from Work/Project that I haven't had much time to myself. I will hopefully make it out, gotta get two projects done in tonight and tomorrow. Not fun at all.

SolDarkness

Smash Cadet
I'll probably come, also, if you want me to bring a T.V/setup you'll have to arrange with me ahead of time cause I need a ride and I need to know when to be home. PM me or msg me on msn.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
I live in Sauga but it sounds like this has a decent turn-out.

How's the attendance for Brawl?

I'm considering showing up for this either tomorrow or the week after.

Does anyone have any information on how much it would cost me to commute to Waterloo and back from Sauga?

Top Bottom