• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Oh hey SD goes here too right? I've always wanna mm'd him too lol

i can also bring a digital cam on days i come too so we can record stuff
it's not the best cam but it's something.. it's got 10 megs lol, and it's quality is pretty good, if you wanna see just check out some vids i got on youtube

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
How was it?

I'm still doing my assignment.. poop.

I know that two more people at the very least should be able to make it to next week's.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
It was surprisingly amazing.... Great turnout always 8 guys in the room at least... people coming and going.

Cast:
How2 (Ithink) Landy and mr clutch who I can't even remember his name but riduculus props to that ***** for ****in going n gettin a whole set up from his house.Were playing in the corner with someone I can't even remember Which leads to justin (DPF) cuz he came and went with him to get it. There was a guy from Boston who used to play with KDJ Chris er somthing wtf.. hes got a lot of solid ideas just needs the tech skill improvement hence the bi weeklys. Jeffman , SD , Nhat , Sylar ,Sanuzi Phil came by an asian in a green shirt man I need names also Roy and i kno im forgetting 1 maybe 2...... Plus the 2 guys on the brawl set up

In short this **** is hype but it wont work on large scales unless people are willing to put as much effort into it as Josh. He's got no reason to do as much as he does, but he does it anyways. It's gunna help a lot of people with their games if your looking to get better, seriously improve your tech skill as a melee player I would love to see you come down because you will get the training you need every tuesday you can make it too!

Iliad

Smash Lord
Lawl hype finally gets to play barwl.

Good. I don't want Steve coming back to the ontario scene all rusted out and bad. I beat him down enough as is.

In my dreams... :'(

Keatsta

Smash Apprentice
This was fun times.

We should come up with some better system of getting setups there, though. Carrying TVs and such every time is gonna be a pain I think.

how2smashbrothers

Smash Apprentice
**** was so fun. So. Fun.

I'll do my best to help out if you guys need anything. I'll always bring a setup at least.

We should crew battle York U some time, even if they have those scary people.

Can't wait for next week already.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
yeah, definately do so! I lerv draft crews! I hope I can make the next one (I'll find out tomorrow). If set-ups are a problem, just assign it to people. I'll bring a cube for sure and do some recording (since Omni left us :( )

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Thanks again for getting this all set up. I had fun playing doubles with Jeff, Josh and Paul as well as the singles with people (I didn't catch everyone's names). I'll see if I can bring a full setup to the next one.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Well, the first event was definitely a success. All further Smash@Uwaterloo events will be held at RCH in room 208 starting from 3:30-4:30 and ending whenever. I'd do shoutouts, but I'm just really exhausted right now.

Thanks to everyone for making the first event awesome!

infomon

Smash Scientist
How much do we need setups?
I can provide wii/brawl easy. Tho I prolly won't make it out that often, and I'd be late when I do. But if someone wants to, say, pick up my Wii on Mondays and return it to me Tuesday or Wednesday each week, that's fine by me. I also have a portable CRT if we need a TV.

But you should be able to get TVs from A/V (in one of the eng. buildings). Talk to uwgamers, they've done this sort of thing a bunch. It may require a deposit and/or official club status (which I'm sure uwgamers could lend you, if you want to make this a legit "subsidiary group" or smthg lolz).

Sanu

Smash Champion
Weeeeell, I think we were good for setups all the way through last time actually. I'm pretty sure we won't *need* your wii/brawl and your old CRT but I'll remember you offered if push comes to shove, haha. I'm already carting around 2 TVs in my trunk for this event XD

Having 1-2 more setups definitely wouldn't hurt though, I'll probably look into the A/V engineering TV bit you mentioned at least. Thanks!

Also, ROYYYYYYYYYY :3

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
Out of curiousity and because it was brought up to me - would you guys be interested in a crew battle against people from my hometown? (Chatham).

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
How many people could come down from chatam?

Cuz for a crew battle it would pretty much need to be a car of 4.
If it is tho I think that would be nuts.

Also Zen if you come down we need to get a 64 set up on the go (assuming you can actually play console) cuz if seen some of your online **** n it looks sexy

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
I need to get better first. THEN WE GOT THIS! Is it Waterloo or Tri-Cities?
Nothing is set up in stone yet, I'm not exactly sure how it will work. I think its Tri Cities.

The Chatham crew will basically consist of.. Zen and his crew, haha.

We need a date, and I'll pass off the information to them. Help me out guys =]

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lol yay so I count for tricity right xD and if flan's got his recording stuff should i still bother to bring a digital cam that's all right for recording?

also to anyone who'd know, like peter, where can we park? lol

and finally who wants to mm?

and brian lol i'll be coming tomorrow (the 6th)

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
I'm going but only for 2 or 2.5 hours max, unless you guys are willing to help me with my math 127 assignment

EDIT:

Actually, I wouldn't mind help... =]

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm going to try and make it to one of these, burn with peter and **** you guys at melee :p

Top Bottom