• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You're trying to tell me they wouldn't edit this hypothetical character to just not have that one Earthquake move, and instead would delete the potential YEAR of work put into him?

Ok buddy
This too. Why throw away all that hard work for nothing especially having been almost heavily as requested as K. Rool, Ridley, Geno and Banjo were?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Huh? Seems like you are missing the point. In marketing, everything you do could be backfired. As for instance, you announce your game 6 months prior release then you should definetly keep a constant flux of news and announcements to keep your customers informed and not just that, if you want to evade leaks just keep anouncing a character per month or something, akeen to KoF or Soul Calibur even SF5 announces all their characters previous their season.

Im not desperate for info or such, i could wait 3 more years for a delay IF they announce it, the problem here is the secrecy and radio silence.

p.d: i know it doesnt even matter, at the end smash will sell gangbusters.
Yeah, it's been two weeks since the last reveal. Two weeks. We still have at least a few more reveals, we need to learn what Spirits is, we're probably going to get some sort of "Test Smash", and we may even catch wind of the first DLC prior to launch, like with the Wii U version. What about that screams radio silence to you?

I know it's tough to be patient, but there's no need for alarmism. Even if we only get one more Smash Direct between now and launch and nothing else, it'll still be the quickest paced Smash cycle yet.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's been two weeks since the last reveal. Two weeks. We still have at least a few more reveals, we need to learn what Spirits is, we're probably going to get some sort of "Test Smash", and we may even catch wind of the first DLC prior to launch, like with the Wii U version. What about that screams radio silence to you?

I know it's tough to be patient, but there's no need for alarmism. Even if we only get one more Smash Direct between now and launch and nothing else, it'll still be the quickest paced Smash cycle yet.
"Two weeks since the last reveal" hit me like a truck. Really does feel like a month. Dang.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Sorry, this has been bugging me for a while and while it doesn't hurt much of anything... I wanna talk about it anyway. People are using the word 'theory' incorrectly a lot in this thread.

A theory is something that has been scientifically tested and proven to be accurate within our current knowledge and equipment.

A hypothesis is a guess based on the information available.

You do not have 'blog theory' or 'music theory' or so on. You have a 'blog hypothesis' and a 'music hypothesis', etc.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sorry, this has been bugging me for a while and while it doesn't hurt much of anything... I wanna talk about it anyway. People are using the word 'theory' incorrectly a lot in this thread.

A theory is something that has been scientifically tested and proven to be accurate within our current knowledge and equipment.

You do not have 'blog theory' or 'music theory' or so on. You have a 'blog hypothesis' and a 'music hypothesis', etc.
Yeah great and true point. It seems the word theory is just so ingrained but I'm gonna switch to hypothesis anyhow.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman

More specifically, what you are referring to is a scientific theory. Since no one is calling it a scientific theory, "theory" can still be used in the context Smash speculators have been applying it in a colloquial sense without being deemed incorrect. I don't think anyone would describe speculating the decisions made by Smash developers as a science (at least I hope not...).

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
inb4 fanart of Sakurai in a science lab coat.

(Also, I'm going to stop replying on this point so I don't send us too far off-topic)

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger

Yet we call it the theory of evolution when none of it can be scientifically proven.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

That's within the context of a scientific field. Despite how some people treat speculation, this is no science. Theory in the casual context applies fairly aptly to what's happening here. Edit: Oh I'm too slow.

Though if you have a bone to pick with language, I'd take it up with people calling all those unsubstantiated claims from 4chan and whatnot "leaks" instead of "rumours" or "claims". Technically leaks should only be attributed to real or somewhat substantiated claims.

Or the hordes of people that can't spell a normal, not uncommon name like Isaac.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
From what I've heard the Switch has been an absolute smashing success, why would it need it
Because the Switch will be woefully underpowered once the next gen systems come around and third party support will taper off like with the Wii.
no more specifics? what i kinda can see happening soon is something akin to a "dock pro", a dock that you purchase and you can upgrade your docked switch withouth needing to purchase another switch. back when the switch was first unveiled, a lot of the people were surprised than the dock itself didn't had extra processing power.

and honestly, the switch power is just right for handheld mode... more power would probably eat more battery anyways :/
So then we'd have to have docked only games

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Have any of you considered the possibility that Sakurai's statement of yesterday could be a way to troll us and catch us off guard for something major soon? I'm not necessarily expecting it at all, but there's always the possibility. Especially with Sakurai. Just wanted to bring it up.
Yes I too have considered this possibility. But since he has reiterated what he said at E3 I will operate on the assumption what we've been told is the outcome, even if we know Sakurai is a known trickster when it comes to this.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Because the Switch will be woefully underpowered once the next gen systems come around and third party support will taper off like with the Wii.
Unless next gen systems also become portable, I don't see the Switch losing 3rd-party support anytime soon.

Melee didn't exactly save the Gamecube.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
I could understand moving supposedly Isaac's reveal until later but to delete him completely?
megapkmxy just spouts nonsense constantly, they don't have any insider information

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't expecting this thread on leaks of the game Super Smash Bros Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch to go the "is evolution true" route but it happened

Ah the internet is a wonderful place

MainJPW

M.T.A
Wasn't expecting this thread on leaks of the game Super Smash Bros Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch to go the "is evolution true" route but it happened

Ah the internet is a wonderful place
That’s not fair, it was only one person. It’s always just one.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Unless next gen systems also become portable, I don't see the Switch losing 3rd-party support anytime soon.

Melee didn't exactly save the Gamecube.
Only one of two ways it could go is that.

The other is that they start selling Playstation and Xbox brand Gaming PCs

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
To everyone saying that they wouldn't remove a character for a stupid reason like this: You do know Smash is a Nintendo game, right?
They tend to do some dumb ****. This honestly wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it were true.
I mean, it's definitely outlandish and unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past Ninty to order Sakurai to straight up remove Isaac from the game just because of this.
Then again, the game probably would've been delayed if that was true.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
So then we'd have to have docked only games
I would prefer that tenfold over having to buy another switch for those same games really...

but if you are porting from unreal, or pc.. it would only need to have 3 settings, instead of 2.. most games already have a handheld mode and docked mode anyways....

And honestly, more power to handheld mode will probably bring more nuissances than benefits...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
To everyone saying that they wouldn't remove a character for a stupid reason like this: You do know Smash is a Nintendo game, right?
They tend to do some dumb ****. This honestly wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it were true.
I mean, it's definitely outlandish and unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past Ninty to order Sakurai to straight up remove Isaac from the game just because of this.
I do know Nintendo is a Smash game and I also do know there is absolutely no correlation between something we see as dumb like Nintendo's online policies and a character with a years worth of work being removed due to one simple move.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Okay but think about it; are they really gonna throw away a character that has cost time, money, and resources for that reason? That would be an extremely illogical move.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
LMAO this is as big of a stretch as saying Sakurai will remove Waluigi as DLC from assist to fighter. :laugh:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I do know Nintendo is a Smash game and I also do know there is absolutely no correlation between something we see as dumb like Nintendo's online policies and a character with a years worth of work being removed due to one simple move.
Okay but think about it; are they really gonna throw away a character that has cost time, money, and resources for that reason? That would be an extremely illogical move.
You guys do have a point. As dumb as Nintendo can be sometimes, I don't think they're THAT dumb.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Nintendo does some weird ****, but not necessarily dumb ****. Removing an entire character with years of development and future stuff prepared in the pipeline in response to a one-time event, however tragic of an event it is, doesn't make any sense.

However, there was a leaker that said the Direct did have content that would be obvious when the Direct came out why it was postponed--which sounded ludicrous, as the more likely scenario was that they wanted to postpone it regardless of the content in it because of how significant the tragedy was. But nothing in the Direct looks like anything that leaker was talking about--did they mention it ever after the Direct aired?

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I'm confident that Earthquake would have ceased existing as a Pokemon move a long time ago if Nintendo was that PC.

Last edited:

ProRodrik39

Smash Rookie
Actually, I have a crazy story considering leaks. I was at the Smash Bros. College Tailgate Tour with my buddy, and we actually were talking with one of the guys working there as we waited in line. We were talking, and he asked if we wanted to hear something about the game nobody else knew and we said sure. Well, he told us that they already started to work on the DLC (kinda like with Mewtwo in Smash 4) and that it was Rayman. I asked if it was legit, and he said yeah. My friend asked how much he knows, and the guys started talking about the following:

Characters
  • The rumor about 7 or so more characters was correct (way to go RelaxAlax for figuring it out!)
  • For Echo Fighters, they are Ken (echoed from Ryu) and Viridi (echoed from Palutena)
  • An Alolan Trainer (equipped with Popplio, Torracat, and Decidueye) being in a similar case as Isabelle
  • Isaac
  • Karate Joe
  • Banjo & Kazooie (he said these two would be that ultimate, final "hurrah" at the end of the next Smash Bros. Direct)
Stages
  • When Sakurai said 105 stages, he was actually lying (so other leaks that say 108 are correct)
  • Alter of the Sun and Moon - Will have Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma effect the stage, like Spear Pillar
  • The Venus Lighthouse - I asked the guy if it was like in Smash Flash 2, but he said no.
  • Spiral Mountain - Being the stage that represents Banjo & Kazooie
  • The Beginning - Being the ultimate Smash Bros. they wanted a stage that pays homage to the original game. It's actually the desktop from that opening cutscene
  • I remember him mentioning a Rhythm Heaven stage, but I don't any interest in the series so I easily forgot. It's nothing big.
Story
When I asked if there was a story mode, he said of course, which kinda made me feel dumb for asking.
  • The Idea of Spirits was correct.
  • The main villain is named Chimon and at first wanted to get the Smash Bros. to "end" each other. When that didn't work, he enlisted Hades, who then got Ganondorf, Bowser, and K. Rool (this is more of a prologue)
  • Wario is not a villain this time around; however, Mewtwo acts like an Antagonist in the beginning (similar to Meta Knight in the Subspace Emissary)
  • Minecraft will have a stage in the story but NO BOSS
I asked if there would be any DLC for the story mode, and he said he didn't know, but it would make sense to have a DLC Season Pass that adds all of the DLC characters into the story (kinda as a last "hurrah" for Ultimate), but that was his prediction, not something he knows for sure, leaving me wonder if the story will feel unfinished until we get this expansion.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, take this however you guys want, but I'm gonna start researching a little to see if there's any chance he could be right (that name Chimon didn't sit right with me...)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If these Steve leaks are real, what does this mean for Banjo-Kazooie as DLC? Does this raise their chances? Hurt them?
I say Steve is a Trojan horse. As others have pointed out, Minecraft Wii U came out roughly around the time Ultimate started development so I don't think Nintendo would have initially reached out to Microsoft for Minecraft stuff. They probably saw how Banjo was killing it in the Smash Ballot, went to Microsoft only for them to agree on the condition that Minecraft stuff was added first since Banjo Kazooie is (still) currently shelved until further notice.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Today I learned Earthquakes are a political point in Japan.

Anyway, Isaac. He'd be great. Never played Golden Sun but I see the potential. Too bad he's a flash in the pan when it comes to fan support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom