• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Remember how that Senjougahara guy said Steve was gonna be in Smash? He also said a female Skullomania was gonna be in that SNK fanservice game.

Look what just popped up.
Oh man, I can't believe they put the Super Crown on Ness.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Golden Sun is also more than one game. I bought The Lost Age new when it came out and bought the first one used.
The point of my post though was that sales don't matter, userbase does. More people have played a Golden Sun game in the last 17 years than people have played Xenoblade 2 or ARMS or what have you.
I don't want to turn this into a debate but "more people played this game without paying jack**** to creators" doesn't make me think highly about a fanbase.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Remember how that Senjougahara guy said Steve was gonna be in Smash? He also said a female Skullomania was gonna be in that SNK fanservice game.

Oh.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Funny part is that Steve was originally meme pick for smash 4 ballot a few years ago back. Now back to the present, Steve was discussed as one of the potential newcomers because he was mentioned by two credible leakers. If he was finally confirmed for smash, and then I believe that we memed steve from minecraft being in smash to the reality.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Funny part is that Steve was originally meme pick for smash 4 ballot a few years ago back. Now back to the present, Steve was discussed as one of the potential newcomers because he was mentioned by two credible leakers. If he was finally confirmed for smash, and then I believe that we memed steve from minecraft being in smash to the reality.
We already memed Cloud and Ridley into the game, why stop there?

D

Deleted member

I don't want to turn this into a debate but "more people played this game without paying jack**** to creators" doesn't make me think highly about a fanbase.
ITT: popularity only matters if people payed for the game

D

Deleted member

More people have played a Golden Sun game in the last 17 years than people have played Xenoblade 2 or ARMS or what have you.
There isn't any real way to prove that, though.

Besides, using sales numbers is not a good way to determine if something is gonna be in Smash IMO. If that were the case, everyone from Metroid would be cut, as it is historically not a super high seller for Nintendo.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Dude also leaked a Switch Pro coming next year, and I think he mentioned something about Scalebound being back under development at Nintendo?

Fane

Smash Journeyman
This 100%. DLC characters, in smash 4 all were super well known, except Lucas. As much as a i dislike FE, corrin very known within the community, Not even to mention mewtwo, cloud or bayonetta.

If we dont get the niche such as isaac, geno, etc in base roster i would say their chances are almost zero to join as dlc.
Corrin wasn't even very well known within FE community.

His game wasn't even available outside of Japan.

I think you're highly underestimating the chances of those characters tbh.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I just hope the Fire Emblem DLC character we get this time is Lloyd Irving.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
If these Steve leaks are real, what does this mean for Banjo-Kazooie as DLC? Does this raise their chances? Hurt them?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not that I want Waluigi is "no urgency" really a thing? We got Isabelle and she's obviously going to stay relevant for awhile. Then again, we got K.Rool, not Dixie but that was more to do with popularity.
Well, in the sense that he NEEDS to be changed from an AT to a playable character in this game. Might as well just wait until a hypothetical Smash 6.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
If these Steve leaks are real, what does this mean for Banjo-Kazooie as DLC? Does this raise their chances? Hurt them?
I personally feel it helps them get in as an assist trophy, possibly. I don't think Microsoft would OK two of their characters being included as fighters despite B-K's creators being fine with them being in. Overall though I feel if Steve is in, it hurts B-K's viability to be playable in this game, but perhaps for smash 6 (assuming smash 6 happens).

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Corrin wasn't even very well known within FE community.

His game wasn't even available outside of Japan.

I think you're highly underestimating the chances of those characters tbh.
You do have to remember that FE Fates was a promotional game and still out in Japan, so Corrin was still recognized and had something to advertise.
Characters like Geno, Isaac, etc. don't have anything to promote or offer. Nor are they veterans or highly recognizable, which may diminish their chances even more.

I more or less agree with the point, as I doubt we'll see obscure and old characters make it into DLC, as there probably isn't much profit to make off the characters alone.
Unless they have a season pass model this time around, I'm honestly not expecting to see too many obscure or niche characters makes it as DLC.

Would I love to? Yeah.
I just personally doubt it.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I honestly think it raises them, since Sakurai would've had gone to Microsoft, and considering Banjo and Kazooie were, presumably, highly voted in the ballot, I would think he would take that chance to ask about them. They would also probably sell very well as DLC.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
I honestly think it raises them, since Sakurai would've had gone to Microsoft, and considering Banjo and Kazooie were, presumably, highly voted in the ballot, I would think he would take that chance to ask about them. They would also probably sell very well as DLC.
I have the same hopes about Geno after Sakurai got Cloud in Sm4sh. Give us the Bear and Bird, not the blocky dude!

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
So Ken, Incineroar and pretty much Steve confirmed?

The SE rep I'm guessing will be DLC and Banjo Kazooie would sell well as DLC now that they have Microsoft on board

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Corrin came out, like, a week or two before Fates did in America. People were hyped for Fates so it worked.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Wait, characters can be memed into reality?
Lanky Kong and Magnemite confirmed!

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Have any of you considered the possibility that Sakurai's statement of yesterday could be a way to troll us and catch us off guard for something major soon? I'm not necessarily expecting it at all, but there's always the possibility. Especially with Sakurai. Just wanted to bring it up.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Have any of you considered the possibility that Sakurai's statement of yesterday could be a way to troll us and catch us off guard for something major soon? I'm not necessarily expecting it at all, but there's always the possibility. Especially with Sakurai. Just wanted to bring it up.
It's possible but imo its better to take what he says at face value. That way if he is trolling it's a fun surprise

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Or because the whole "Public Work Projects" moveset idea was awful and a textbook example of people stretching too hard regardless of actual functionality and cohesiveness in Smash itself to "prove" a character's "unique moveset potential". I'm certainly glad Isabelle got in as a conventional semi-clone and didn't get an obtuse gimmick slapped onto her.
Each to their own I guess, I still find Public Work Projects a novel idea that would naturally work for Isabelle. I do not consider such an idea a stretch when such an idea is taken directly from the central gameplay mechanics of New Leaf and incorporating them to Isabelle, similar to how Sakurai made Rosalina, with her taking some gameplay mechanics from Super Mario Galaxy with a bit of twist in terms of puppeter play-style. What I personally consider to be a stretch in moveset potential are things that are not central to a character like Chrom mainly using a spear instead of his Falchion, or Daisy using moves that are miniscule and only appear in Mario spinoff titles. In my opinion, the idea was good as is, an idea that was needlessly considered "forced" by most of the Smash community without a second of critical thought. :L

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
It's possible but imo its better to take what he says at face value. That way if he is trolling it's a fun surprise
I agree, hence why I'm not really expecting it. It would be a more than welcome surprise though lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
No. You can't just believe the opposite of everything Sakurai says because "he's a troll".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom