• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
With sakurai seemingly frontloading the reveals, it does make the ending seem a little less awesome but I got my main three wanted characters with inklings, ridley and krool and also got my boy snake back so when I finally am sitting and playing the game, I won’t be thinking as much as what could have been in the base game, just enjoying what I got with knowledge that dlc should still happen.
Use "ending" loosely. There's almost a guarantee there'll be DLC and if Smash For taught me anything is that DLC can be wilder ride than the base game I tell ya.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Do you realize the amount of potential new fighter that can be added in the game?
Thing is, every character added is not just a simple addition, but a multiplication in terms of balancing, and since we already have 70+ characters in Smash Ultimate, how many DLC characters can you truly expect?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I mean, under the excitement of People's response and pressure after E3 me too I would go.
"OKAY GUYS LET'S DO A DIRECT, 5 NEWCOMERS, 103 STAGES, STAGE MORPH, TONS OF ASSIST, TEASE THE NEW MODE AND OVER 900 MUSIIIC WHOOOOO!"

If he himself think they went too fast. I can imagine that the Direct content was maybe because of the general excitation

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
Thing is, every character added is not just a simple addition, but a multiplication in terms of balancing, and since we already have 70+ characters in Smash Ultimate, how many DLC characters can you truly expect?
Since when you were an expert in the balance of more than 70+ characters?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I mean, under the excitement of People's response and pressure after E3 me too I would go.
"OKAY GUYS LET'S DO A DIRECT, 5 NEWCOMERS, 103 STAGES, STAGE MORPH, TONS OF ASSIST, TEASE THE NEW MODE AND OVER 900 MUSIIIC WHOOOOO!"

If he himself think they went too fast. I can imagine that the Direct content was maybe because of the general excitation
I can just imagine Sakurai being all giddy at the thought of showing everything, then being all, "Oh ****, I've shown everything already".

iruchii

Smash Apprentice
I meant the latter, that's it's weird for them to make such a cautious response despite having been carefully planned, rather than an issue with the literal words used in translation. We should heed his caution, nonetheless.
Yeah I completely agree, which is why I think Sakurai's claim is weird. Nintendo/Sora ltd. must have planned the reveals in antecedence, and all Directs probably go through some rigid planning and quality control before being aired. It doesn't make much sense to me that Sakurai would feel remorseful of the way things were presented so far, considering he probably has a big say on it, and I don't think Nintendo's marketing branch would let a problematic reveal schedule get approved.

But it is what it is, and Mr. Sakurai has told us to temper our expectations in terms of continuous reveals.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So guys... Do y'all think the next few characters are from unrepresented franchises?...
Brawl's last reveal before release was Olimar
and Smash 4's Last Reveal before release was Shulk
Both from Then unrepresented franchises

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Heads-up your link doesn't work. But of course, balancing and planning well over 70+ characters at this rate is sure to be a massive toll on development.
To be very fair... Smash 4 DLC were *Maybe* an """after though""" which probably did lead to a very small team for them.

Maybe they will get more resources for Ultimate's DLC after the success of 4's. Heck, I'm sure they will.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So guys... Do y'all think the next few characters are from unrepresented franchises?...
and Smash 4' Last Reveal before release was Shulk
Here's hoping that last franchise is Golden Sun. Let me be optimistic before I go to bed, okay?
But i imagine there will only be one new franchise newcomer in a final reveal. If it's Geno, that's a bit stranger since he's part of the Mario universe but owned by Square Enix, so he might not be from a new franchise.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
and Smash 4's Last Reveal before release was Shulk
It’s Ken and Incineroar. That’s it. The SE rep and ****ing Steve from ****ing Minecraft are not only DLC, but I’m gonna make a bold prediction that they’ll be the only DLC.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It’s Ken and Incineroar. That’s it. The SE rep and ****ing Steve from ****ing Minecraft are not only DLC, but I’m gonna make a bold prediction that they’ll be the only DLC.
>Only DLC after Smash 4 DLC success

Nintendo are going to milk the **** out of Smash Ultimate especially with how they seems to have larger plan for it competitively

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The're also this on balancing.

Normally, each fighter battles a variety of other characters, and we use these results as feedback for how to continue balancing a character. However, adding even one more extra fighter increases the number of battles that must be done against the entire cast, and it increases the amount of playtesting necessary by a lot. By balancing the clones to have almost the same strength as the original character, we’re reducing the workload necessary.
So Daisy, Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus were probably also balanced similarly to Lucina and Dark Pit. Dr. Mario may not have been considered an echo because he's being balanced against the entire roster.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You still believe the box Theory? After the music theory crashed and burned, I wouldn't be looking into any theory that much.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
>Only DLC after Smash 4 DLC success

Nintendo are going to milk the **** out of Smash Ultimate especially with how they seems to have larger plan for it competitively
See, there’s another optimistic prediction.

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
Even that’s optimistic.
I’m going all in on this game barely being supported at all after release. Yeah, it’d be stupid not to milk DLC for all it’s worth, but Nintendo’s a stupid company.
For you.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On what grounds? Without Veterans we got 4 brand new characters, three of them 3rd parties.

I don't think they'll go bananas with DLC like some are predicting but we've got no reason to believe that they'll do any less. (Outside of conspiracies that low sales of Corrin are being taken to mean 1st party DLC is unwanted)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I personally think there will only be like four DLC characters this time but I think they'll be choices that will make people fill their pants with such sudden force that they'll launch themselves from their swivel chairs and into outer space. I'm still in the Banjo boat that he'll be one them.

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
Use "ending" loosely. There's almost a guarantee there'll be DLC and if Smash For taught me anything is that DLC can be wilder ride than the base game I tell ya.
Oh I know, that’s why I ended with talking about DLC. The base game still is packed with what I wanted going into this game, just amazing I got it all in the first third between e3 and launch.

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
So apparently character reveals are going to be slowing down for now... Right in the heart, I tell ya. Honestly, I got K. Rool, Simon and Richter. Like, that's above and beyond what I expected in this game before the initial reveal.

Untouch

Smash Master
On the bright side, we can now instantly trash any fake leak that says we're getting more than 4 characters.

D

Deleted member

See, there’s another optimistic prediction.
Game 1's DLC goes over really well
Game 2 is really hyped
Game 2 has less DLC than Game 1

And you call that a realistic conclusion?

You didn't come this answer via logical thought; you just have a bias against the practice of DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Game 1's DLC goes over really well
Game 2 is really hyped
Game 2 has less DLC than Game 1

And you call that a realistic conclusion?

You didn't come this answer via logical thought; you just have a bias against the practice of DLC.
Considering every other decision Nintendo has made regarding the Switch’s online, yes I do consider that a realistic conclusion.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I personally think there will only be like four DLC characters this time but I think they'll be choices that will make people fill their pants with such sudden force that they'll launch themselves from their swivel chairs and into outer space. I'm still in the Banjo boat that he'll be one them.
My DLC Predictions assuming there's only 4
1. Isaac (assuming he's not in base)
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Crash Bandicoot (He will be this time's Cloud...)
4. RH Rep (Assuming they're not in base)

Considering every other decision Nintendo has made regarding the Switch’s online, yes I do consider that a realistic conclusion.
Stop being such a downer. Nintendo is new to the online service thing... I don't blame them
Besides, out of every major game company, Nintendo easily does DLC the Best

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What decisions have they made in relation to DLC and what cause would they have for reducing post-release content? No matter the company, the long term goal is to always, always maximize profit. Taking inflation over the years into account, games today cost less for consumers than they did 10 years ago. Most companies have implemented DLC in order to make up for that difference. Nintendo has no reason not to release DLC; especially when theyre are a mega ton of Echoes that can be made easily along with unique characters that can still draw attention.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
What does the online service have to do with smash DLC? Besides that you seem to have a bias against smash ultimate itself, i don't know who hurt you but you need to chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom