• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
D

Deleted member

I just wonder, if Geno ia not at base, why is that? Sakurai expressed his desire to include him, the only character he has ever done this, in fact, so why would he go back on that? Was it because of SE? Or time constraints? I mean, looking at all our newcomers as of now, Geno would be a low priority compared to them but you'd think Sakurai would know better.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I just wonder, if Geno ia not at base, why is that? Sakurai expressed his desire to include him, the only character he has ever done this, in fact, so why would he go back on that? Was it because of SE? Or time constraints? I mean, looking at all our newcomers as of now, Geno would be a low priority compared to them but you'd think Sakurai would know better.
Because Square is as Stingy as Wario, and wants him as DLC just to make some extra money

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Actually if you think about it Goku could be a pretty good fit and there's a long history of DBZ games on Nintendo platforms. It'd be pretty easy to imagine a moveset and he's one of the most iconic and requested characters of fedgjxzuicsshahahahahahaha.

Yeah, couldn't keep it going.
Reminder there are people who actually, unironically believe this.
Reminder that this is a growing number.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
While i honestly don't know what they are going to do with DLC.... perople just need to stop even considering there will be a day 1 dlc character... out of the question, absolutely.

If we have a dlce character, the sooner i can see them releasing it is 9 months post release AT THE VERY LEAST. probably will be longer.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
While i honestly don't know what they are going to do with DLC.... perople just need to stop even considering there will be a day 1 dlc character... out of the question, absolutely.

If we have a dlce character, the sooner i can see them releasing it is 9 months post release AT THE VERY LEAST. probably will be longer.
While a day 1 character is almost definitely out of the question, I honestly think there's a strong chance we will know WHO our first DLC character will be by that time.

Especially if they end up going some kind of "season pass" route. It's not too out of the question, they did that with Mewtwo (3DS was out at the time, but still).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
While a day 1 character is almost definitely out of the question, I honestly think there's a strong chance we will know WHO our first DLC character will be by that time.

Especially if they end up going some kind of "season pass" route. It's not too out of the question, they did that with Mewtwo (3DS was out at the time, but still).
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF we get a season pass, I think the first character would be an echo, most likely Octoling, as an incentive to pick up the pass, like how Dark Link and Wedding Lucina were exclusive to the Warriors Season passes.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Nintendo stupid?

I see someone has not paid attention since the switch was announced. I could like so many videos like Arlos that explain how Nintendo has been listening to fans non stop since the switch started.

One recent example, we have what looks like a back to the basic Luigi’s mansion, something heavily requested.

In terms of smash ****ing Ridley and K. Rool are playable after years of people literally crying for them.

Are you going to sit here and really say Nintendo is dumb? They know exactly what they are doing.

If you don’t think their game that is literally the only thing supporting this half of the year, won’t have dlc then your just delusional.

They made so much bank off of DLC last game. Hell im willingly to bet that’s why there’s another square character coming, they realized how much money can be made.

Smash 4 has 8 DLC characters over like what, two years? It’s pretty reasonable to assume around 10 is likely. With so many ballot omissions not playable the money they’ll milk is undeniable. Nintendo is not going to just let that money walk away.

Sakurai has learned by how he literally can’t escape smash, it’s to much of a money maker. The poor man literally started ultimate during smash 4s dlc. Why? Because Nintendo knew it would make money and that the ballot was one of the smartest choices they made.

They weren’t underselling the fact that their goal is 20 million switch units this year. They know that with fan requested choices and dlc we will eat up every character thrown at us and grow money at the screen for them.
The choice you are making is very mind-boggling. If you are content with what we have, why lower yourself to be set up for disappointment? 70+ characters with every veteran in Smash making a return with characters like Ridley, Chrom, K Rool and Simon here. Newcomers at this point would be icing on an already humongous cake.

Setting yourself up for disappointment due to lower newcomers then expected, despite Sakurai saying that at E3, is just for lack of a better word, dumb. We are still getting more newcomers before the game comes out. Just lower your expectations to reasonable levels, not to be disappointed already without knowing who the newcomers are (well except Ken).
Thanks.
I don’t want to be right on any pessimistic thing I predict but at the same time there’s a part of me that feels I AM right.
Part of the reason I say a lot of the **** I’ve been saying is because I WANT people to tell me I’m wrong and why that is. I know exactly how dumb I sound when I say some of this and I know my viewpoints don’t make a lot of sense, but there’s a part of me that can’t shake the feeling it might be correct, and I hate that.
So uh, thanks. For telling me my decisions to believe in this stuff is mind-boggling. It gives me some hope.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If Geno doesn't make it in, it will almost certainly be because of SE. Rememeber that even Sakurai himself stated that both Nintendo and the company that owns the third-party must be willing to cooperate in order for said third-party to be able to participate.

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
Because Square is as Stingy as Wario, and wants him as DLC just to make some extra money
Except that Geno is heavily requested that even they're aware of how much Sakurai wants him early so that should already give him high chances for base.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
3. The character must carry gaming history with them
Let's see who this debunks:
Goku: He's not a Video Game Character... End of Story...

And Who does it Support?
Dragon Quest Rep: One of the biggest RPG franchises in Japan
Steve: One of the most Influential games in recent years.

(yeah, we're really running of potential Third Party reps)

Last edited:

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
I'm just glad at least some people are sobering up; the next two months was looking hysterical, and not in the funny way.

Can we at least get back to the time-honored tradition of laughing at people requesting random non-Nintendo characters, like Shrek, GranBlue girl, and Minecraft guy?
Granblue girl and Minecraft guy actually have shots, unlike Shrek.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
It makes way more sense for Nintendo to offer SE 50% of a DLC than even 1% of the base game.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
There’s not gonna be day 1 dlc, that’s redic. They put everything they can in the game then work on the dlc when all is done.

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
Shantae (If Shovel Knight didn't get in... there's no way).
Goku

And Who does it Support?
Dragon Quest Rep
Steve

AGAIN, no need to make the Shovel Knight justification of Shantae not getting in.

D

Deleted member

Shantae

And Who does it Support?
Dragon Quest Rep
Steve

I don't think Shantae will make it in but using something as vague as "must carry gaming history with them" is not a valid coumterargument. Any videogame is part of gaming history, they exist so theye exist in its history.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
See, I don't think we'll get a ton of DLC because I don't think that's Sakurai's philosophy, at least when it comes to characters. 10 DLC despite the fact that we currently have 9 new characters? Even if my basic expectation is met of 6 more for the base game, that leaves 15 and 10 for DLC would be 2/3rds that amount, bumping the total to a whopping 25 despite Sakurai saying to not expect a ton of new characters. I realize its relative but they would all have to be newcomers because literally every past character is back and I honestly don't see them putting 2/3rds of the work that they put in for the base roster into DLC, especially with how massive this game already is.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Having read Sakurai's latest Famitsu column, I don't expect any Smash news in October. I'd say we'll probably see some news early-mid November. But hey, I'd be happy to be wrong there; I'm just as desperate as the rest of you!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think Shantae will make it in but using something as vague as "must carry gaming history with them" is not a valid coumterargument. Any videogame is part of gaming history, they exist so theye exist in its history.
Especially given that Cloud's cameos were enough to get him in a Nintendo focused game.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Smash hype is not fun anymore.
I do not enjoy the speculation anymore as all it has lead to is me getting less hyped for the game rather than more hyped. This latest statement from Sakurai has intensified that feeling.
It’s too late to get off the hype train now, though.
At this point I’d be happy if Ultimate got cancelled, since at least then I wouldn’t need to worry about it anymore.
The box theory is right, and Sakurai has abandoned us. Sorry, guys.
I know lots have already said this, and I don't care if I get reported for being "mean", but you are acting like a spoiled brat. Seriously, a child. And honestly you have been since the box theory began.

I'm sorry, you'd be happy if the game was cancelled? How does that make sense? Just get over yourself. I'm glad you won't be playing the game. Might as well get off the site while you're at it if you don't even want the game.

#sorrynotsorry

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Nine months? Why? Sakurai isn't pregnant with Geno.

For reference, Mewtwo was released five months after Smash for Wii U's release date. Lucas was seven months.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
if anything Gardevoir and Gothitelle are deconfirmed since it’s a Gen III remix

But yeah I can’t see Smash skipping on a Pokémon rep in any iteration

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There’s not gonna be day 1 dlc, that’s redic. They put everything they can in the game then work on the dlc when all is done.
Again, this is technically false. They began work on Mewtwo before Smash 4 was finished. The thing is, towards the end of development, there are people on the team without jobs to do like concept artists, 3D modelers, etc. And rather than lay them off, they move them to other projects. Sometimes games move those people to DLC.

Creating a new fighter and balancing him across this big of a roster is way too large a task to expect day one DLC, yes, but there's likely already a small team working on it right now. Just like Mewtwo.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I know lots have already said this, and I don't care if I get reported for being "mean", but you are acting like a spoiled brat. Seriously, a child. And honestly you have been since the box theory began.

I'm sorry, you'd be happy if the game was cancelled? How does that make sense? Just get over yourself. I'm glad you won't be playing the game. Might as well get off the site while you're at it if you don't even want the game.

#sorrynotsorry
I’ve already explained myself, but yeah, you’re right. I honestly dunno what happened to me when the box theory started. I guess it just took the wind out of my sails.
I DO think there’ll be a lot of people who say they won’t be disappointed now turn around and say they’re disappointed when Ultimate comes out. That seems to happen with every Smash game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Smash hype is not fun anymore.
I do not enjoy the speculation anymore as all it has lead to is me getting less hyped for the game rather than more hyped. This latest statement from Sakurai has intensified that feeling.
It’s too late to get off the hype train now, though.
At this point I’d be happy if Ultimate got cancelled, since at least then I wouldn’t need to worry about it anymore.
The box theory is right, and Sakurai has abandoned us. Sorry, guys.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Sakurai has abandoned us" - this game brought back every single veteran, no matter how implausible their return was considered to be, plus at least nine newcomers, with several of them being characters that a lot of fans had wanted for over a decade.

I'm not sure why the game should be cancelled because there's only a few characters left to be revealed for the base game.

D

Deleted member

People give speculation phase too much weight man. It's not some world-changing event.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I’ve already explained myself, but yeah, you’re right. I honestly dunno what happened to me when the box theory started. I guess it just took the wind out of my sails.
I DO think there’ll be a lot of people who say they won’t be disappointed now turn around and say they’re disappointed when Ultimate comes out. That seems to happen with every Smash game.
Yeah... we're only human. We all have different opinions. Some people might be left upset

Anyways... In other news
They Finally Did it, Bois...
Now we're one step closer to getting Parappa the Rapper in Smash

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Screw it, I’m going all in. Here’s my final predictions.

UNIQUE:
-Incineror
-Chorus Kids
-Geno
-Shadow (unsure whether echo or semi)
-Steve? (? on purpose because I legit don’t know about him)

ECHOS:
-Shadow (unsure whether echo or semi)
-Ken

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
What makes a leak fake?
One of my favorite ones is when they claim to know Sakurai's character choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom