• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Jesus, between people harassing “leakers” into a meltdown and the aggressive battles of the Box Crusades, this thread turns toxic on a dime. No wonder mods are so reluctant to allow these...
My sweet sweet child you are so young. So innocent. This is nothing compared to leak threads of the past.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Why do people keep saying Monster Hunter has a stage like it's been confirmed in any real capacity? It hasn't, as far as we know it's just a boss fight that takes place in a generic grassy area.
I meant that the star of the show of Monster Hunter (the monster fights) has found its way to SSBU. The battle happens on a grassy plain, but I don't believe there's an actual stage, no.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon is a bit of a special case where it gets a new cast of characters (both pokemon and human) every few years, and the most recent additions usually get into Smash ( Lucario in Brawl, Greninja in Smash 4). In this case the music posted has nothing to do with a potential Pokemon rep, because the generation the music is from and the generation the Pokemon is from have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:

Chrono.

While I don't think it'll be an actual stage, the area where you fight Rathalos is based on the Ancestral Steppe from MH4.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The box theory seems pretty solid all things considered. I do think they could change the artwork on it from now to then that’s one issue I can see in it but it still has merit.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Some actually alright 4chan content (with some small problems in some cases) from today:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433033006/super-smash-bros-ultimate
Steve, Skull Kid, Dixie, Shadow, Geno, Maybe Mach Rider, Black Shadow, Ninten, Octolings.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433034038/minecon-has-smash-news
Minecon with assist trophy, stage and steve.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433028181/smash-ultimate-leaked-information
Geno, Incineroar, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Skull Kid, Contra Guys
Jeanne, Ken, Shadow, Medusa, Black Shadow, Black Knight
OK. Contra guys and Jeanne are probably NOT in.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433026489/super-smash-bros-ultimate-leak
Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Bandanna Dee, Skull Kid, Crash, Shadow, Ken, Felix, Black Shadow, Dixie

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433025602/the-leak-to-end-all-leaks
Ken, Shadow, Dixie, Black Shadow, Geno, Incineroar, Skull Kid, Isaac, Bandanna, Steve
this one started alright, but the second post, if done by the same person, completely messes with everything.
Out of 4 Leaks (Outside of Minecon Leak):

4 of them have Geno, Skull Kid, Shadow and Black Shadow

3 of them have Dixie, Isaac, Ken, Bandana Dee

2 or them have Steve, Incineroar

1 are the Majority.

This is looks a bit similar if I were you. Deja Vu basically.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Basically, a Pokemon track called Battle (Steven) was released on the site today, and that lead people to see the Music Theory as wrong and Vergeben's leaks to be wrong and thus people started harassing Vergeben about it.
Maybe Nintendo cought on and is using it and wanted to get us off course

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
After catching up, man was a wrong this got even more intense than Box vs Blog from this morning.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Jesus, between people harassing “leakers” into a meltdown and the aggressive battles of the Box Crusades, this thread turns toxic on a dime. No wonder mods are so reluctant to allow these...
Well apparently Smash 4’s Leak Thread was an even deeper ****hole.

But that was Smashboards back in 2014, which sometimes puts GameFAQs to shame when stuff like Gematsu and ESRB were prominent.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
My sweet sweet child you are so young. So innocent. This is nothing compared to leak threads of the past.
Been here a while actually ;)

And that’s part of my point. The stuff this thread has been hit with so far is pretty inconsequential, and people are still at each other’s throats. Save it for the big time.

Dan_Sic

Smash Rookie
Some actually alright 4chan content (with some small problems in some cases) from today:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433033006/super-smash-bros-ultimate
Steve, Skull Kid, Dixie, Shadow, Geno, Maybe Mach Rider, Black Shadow, Ninten, Octolings.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433034038/minecon-has-smash-news
Minecon with assist trophy, stage and steve.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433028181/smash-ultimate-leaked-information
Geno, Incineroar, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Skull Kid, Contra Guys
Jeanne, Ken, Shadow, Medusa, Black Shadow, Black Knight
OK. Contra guys and Jeanne are probably NOT in.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433026489/super-smash-bros-ultimate-leak
Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Bandanna Dee, Skull Kid, Crash, Shadow, Ken, Felix, Black Shadow, Dixie

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/433025602/the-leak-to-end-all-leaks
Ken, Shadow, Dixie, Black Shadow, Geno, Incineroar, Skull Kid, Isaac, Bandanna, Steve
this one started alright, but the second post, if done by the same person, completely messes with everything.

Hi, anyway you can post the content? I can't seem to get into 4chan on my work coputer (I though I couldn't do it on my employers network only...)

Just like reading/watching "leaks" to kill time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The stages at this point I believe are

-Alola stage (Incineroar)
-Forest Maze/Star Road (Geno)
-Minecraft stage (Steve)
-XenoBlade X stage (Elma)
-Yoshi's Crafted World stage

The boss battle we'll face Rathatos on is probably similar to that of the "stages" where you fight Porky, Ridley, Petey Piranha, etc. in Brawl. Nothing more.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
h e m a n w i l l b e h i s e c h o
I dunno, man. They're both blond swordfighters but I think He-Man has enough to distinguish himself from Isaac to earn his own spot on the roster. They could take some of his moveset from Golden Sun 4 when he uses Heart Psynergy to summon Captain Planet.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Trusting a now extremely wounded theory that was purely circumstantial over a leaker who's Smash Ultimate track record has been more or less prefect is not a smart thing to be doing. Honestly I think most people here who are doing this simply bought into the music theory and don't want to be wrong.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Mmm... So music theory isn’t correct because of the song Nintendo posted? Even though I like music it’s not cool to see hate to Vergeben because a theory that wasn’t really part in any of his leak content was wrong which is very unknown.

I wonder... Are people trying to compare theories to Vergeben Leaks to see if it becomes true or not?

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Mmm... So music theory isn’t correct because of the song Nintendo posted? Even though I like music it’s not cool to see hate to Vergeben because a theory that wasn’t really part in any of his leak content was wrong which is very unknown.

I wonder... Are people trying to compare theories to Vergeben Leaks to see if it becomes true or not?
I think people are just bored waiting for any kind of official news so they’re latching on to whatever minor details they can.

Which is why Nintendo needs to go ahead and reveal Isaac already.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Music Theory isn't dead until a unique newcomer from a series already repped by music comes along.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Your comment said "Monster Hunter got a stage".
...on which we fight Rathalos, yes. That is very much a stage in the game that originates from Monster Hunter.

Whether it will appear in the SSS is another matter, though I lean toward it being part of the adventure/spirits mode.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
...on which we fight Rathalos, yes. That is very much a stage in the game that originates from Monster Hunter.

Whether it will appear in the SSS is another matter, though I lean toward it being part of the adventure/spirits mode.
That's what I'm thinking too similar to the bosses in SSE.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
With minecon coming up this weekend and all these leaks/rumors of steve? being in smash...

anyone else notice todays pokemon music is steven themed... i mean we've talked about sakurais tweets and the chairs in his office being "hints" towards characters. perhaps this steven song is a hint towards steve?

228px-Steven.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With minecon coming up this weekend and all these leaks/rumors of steve? being in smash...

anyone else notice todays pokemon music is steven themed... i mean we've talked about sakurais tweets and the chairs in his office being "hints" towards characters. perhaps this steven song is a hint towards steve?

View attachment 166714
If you've seen my prediction for the final character reveals. That's what I'm expecting.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

View attachment 166714
Replace the n in Steven with a ? and what do you get?

A coincidence.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

View attachment 166714
Doubt it. If Nintendo had nothing to show at TGS they sure as **** aren't going to show something at an event they have no part in.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I think people are just bored waiting for any kind of official news so they’re latching on to whatever minor details they can.

Which is why Nintendo needs to go ahead and reveal Isaac already.
Yea, it’s going to be a long while till Nintendo announces the next Smash Direct.

Music Theory isn't dead until a unique newcomer from a series already repped by music comes along.
Maybe

That’s awesome picture!:joyful::joyful::joyful:

View attachment 166714
That would be awesome to have Steven in Smash! He was my first champion ever to face in Pokémon but I sure did enjoy the hard steel battle he had in his team. I wonder what Pokémon he could use?

Also, I think we all should watch Minecon to see what happens. Maybe never know if a certain Steve joins in the roster of greats.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Although I never realized that Steven Stone was rock based and into stones and minerals just like Steve....

Eru13

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 166714
You're probably overthinking things a bit, Steven's name in Japanese is Daigo, we can be pretty sure if there was a wordplay it'd probably be using that name rather than his English name

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
You're probably overthinking things a bit, Steven's name in Japanese is Daigo, we can be pretty sure if there was a wordplay it'd probably be using that name rather than his English name
Daigo > Daigo Umehara > Evo Moment 37 > Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom