• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With the reveal of the music track today being the battle vs Steven from Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, we are that much closer to the reality of Gardevoir being added in along with a Gothitelle echo...
I want the guy who posted this first to admit it was just a test to see how many people don't know how Pokemon representation works.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Minecon Theory:

Something will be announced at Minecon or by Nintendo on the same day.

We'll either get a random reveal with Steve or Minecraft shows up in the next Smash Direct.

If music theory holds, then the only plausible newcomers left are Elma and or are from unrepped franchises.

And that seems mighty sketch, to me.
No we're getting Porky Minch from EarthBound.

I'd actually like that.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What if the remaining newcomers are from unrepresented franchises? I mean Splatoon is our only new Nintendo Franchise in terms of Smash Representation so....
Isaac and Chrous Men Let's go!!

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Gotta remember, a lot of people thought that the roster was going to be 45 or 50+, with Ridley, Mega Man, Geno, Isaac, and tons of other characters.

And then we got this guy? :ultrob:

This meme was made for a reason.

Also, with the ERSB leak that showed the full roster there was a sizable portion of people (including myself) who thought there could be more characters as ALL Star wasn't unlocked.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I will be totally fine with a unique FE newcomer as long as they do not use a sword extensively. Otherwise I will be very displeased and probably pretty vocal about it, because at that point it would just be unacceptable. If they were an echo I'd forgive heavy sword use but if you're gonna bloat the FE presence in Smash any further, you should hecking bring something new to the table. People aren't (or IMO shouldn't be) sick of FE fighters. People are (or IMO should be) sick of FE fighters who primarily use swords. It's hecking bothersome.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also, with the ERSB leak that showed the full roster there was a sizable portion of people (including myself) who thought there could be more characters as ALL Star wasn't unlocked.
To be fair, that was based on some level of logic.

Brawl's was just having expectations too high.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey guys I have a theory
None of the theories are true
The music Theory isn't true
the blog theory isn't true
The box theory isn't true...
For all we know Sakurai deliberately set up these theories just to crash them down soon after, just so he can mess with our minds (had this even crossed your mind yet?)
He's a madman I tell you, a Madman! (This is why I hate overspeculation...)
Anti-theory theory?

I like it.
Also, Verg does seem to be unravelling a bit on Smashboards and is being overall very defensive.

This topic for example
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77040303

Some are comparing it to loz, although I don't really have much opinion on the matter
Dude's frustrated with the community and I understand. He already didn't like us, but he's been the one reliable leaker of this cycle and all he gets is hate for it.

I don't think this means anything really.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Music theory is dead now, I see?

Now hopefully the Box theory is the next to get the guillotine.

Untouch

Smash Master
I remember that and honestly watching the stream of the guy who got the game early was butt clenching.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Everyone's saying the Music theory is dead.

And me I'm just smh at why Isabelle's song was pushed to let Pikmin and why Simon/DK got their songs right next to each others. Or Ridley/Splatoon getting their neither E3/Right after E3.

I'm genuinely starting to think that the Music Theory was true until people datamine the Website showing the missing blog updates

Nintendo is trying to kill the leads- call me crazy but I'm willing to bet that we will get no newcomers from the already released series Exception Being Geno.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
As much as I like to think optimistically and want to believe we still have a decent number of newcomers left, I do feel like we're forgetting something.

We also got more than 5 veterans back. Returning characters or not, that IS quite an undertaking, especially since they don't have the luxury of being in 4's engine. We already know the team pretty much makes each character from scratch each game already, so in a lot of ways the veterans are new characters already.

I dunno. I still feel like we're going to get more than two, but if we don't, I REALLY won't be surprised or disappointed.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I hope the box theory somehow dies next. Unlikely, but I can hope...

Gotta remember, a lot of people thought that the roster was going to be 45 or 50+, with Ridley, Mega Man, Geno, Isaac, and tons of other characters.

And then we got this guy? :ultrob:

This meme was made for a reason.

I actually thought he was cool in both Mario Kart and Brawl. If I had seen that negativity back then, I would've stayed holed up in my safe corner of the internet for longer.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
As much as I like to think optimistically and want to believe we still have a decent number of newcomers left, I do feel like we're forgetting something.

We also got more than 5 veterans back. Returning characters or not, that IS quite an undertaking, especially since they don't have the luxury of being in 4's engine. We already know the team pretty much makes each character from scratch already, so in a lot of ways the veterans are new characters already.

I dunno. I still feel like we're going to get more than two, but if we don't, I REALLY won't be surprised or disappointed.
At the same time, three of those are clones, and they already had a complete idea of how those 7 characters should be depicted in Smash.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Everyone's saying the Music theory is dead.

And me I'm just smh at why Isabelle's song was pushed to let Pikmin and why Simon/DK got their songs right next to each others. Or Ridley/Splatoon getting their neither E3/Right after E3.

I'm genuinely starting to think that the Music Theory was true until people datamine the Website showing the missing blog updates

Nintendo is trying to kill the leads- call me crazy but I'm willing to bet that we will get no newcomers from the already released series Exception Being Geno.
The music theory was less based on whether or not characters would always get a song with their reveal and more based on whether or not we would get multiple songs from the same series.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Also, Verg does seem to be unravelling a bit on Smashboards and is being overall very defensive.

This topic for example

Some are comparing it to loz, although I don't really have much opinion on the matter
Verge has always been unprofessional. Which is why initially I was more skeptical, until he kept getting everything right. Doesn't mean he still can't be wrong. Whereas Loz got E3 right, but everything after was a mixed bag.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

This topic for example

Eh, with music theory being killed for good, many people thought that verge was wrong on leaks. And this is the result when you just call verge wrong even he's credible leaker and he got some leaks as correct but it can be incorrect. See: SCVI.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Verge has always been unprofessional. Which is why initially I was more skeptical, until he kept getting everything right. Doesn't mean he still can't be wrong. Whereas Loz got E3 right, but everything after was a mixed bag.
Everything after E3 was wrong.
People kept giving him excuses but his August Direct prediction was just wrong. And he deleted posts so they couldn't be used against him.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I honestly think the situation Verge is in right now, in terms of his leaking, has likely forced to him to mature a great deal when it comes to this stuff. He's being extremely careful, and for good reason; there are quite a few people hoping for him to slip up and lynch him.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This is also a minor blow to the box theory.

We do know they held Animal Crossing music off for Isabelle (Animal Crossing music that for the most part is unrelated to her) , if Incineroar really was the final newcomer, it wouldn't be much effort to hold off Pokemon music for him right?

The more newcomers, the harder it is to plan music around. They do what they can but otherwise.

D

Deleted member

They say the roster was decided in 2015. Pokemon ORAS came out in 2014 while Pokemon S/M came out 2016. So the roster was finalized (assuming that is the truth) right in between the two. So even though it'd be better to have a rep from S/M (especially since US/UM came out to keep the games relevant), it's not impossible to think that they could have taken Gardevoir, who had previously been a pokeball, and made her playable. She is a pokemon that's used often enough competitively and has a Mega form as well. I'm not saying 'Gardevoir Confirmed, look for Gothitelle soon!', but if Verg's sources are wrong, then she does have a decent chance given when it came out (and because there's no Gen 3 rep yet). I do doubt that it would immediately be followed by an echo, but Simon has already proved us wrong, so....

D

Deleted member

What if the remaining newcomers are from unrepresented franchises? I mean Splatoon is our only new Nintendo Franchise in terms of Smash Representation so....
Isaac and Chrous Men Let's go!!
Rhythm Heaven characters would be so much fun! Isaac also seems pretty, cool, so I'd be down with that.

All I'm gonna say as far as this theory stuff goes is I think Music and Box both have some interesting points, and it will be interesting to see what ends up happening with 'em. TBH I thought Music Theory was silly at first as well, but Isabelle's reveal did kinda sell me and I'm still sold. However, Pokemon probably will get a character, so I'm sure I'll be thinking differently soon, lol. I just prefer to wait and see what happens nowadays.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Also, I watched Alax's video on the whole blog theory, I've read the document but I'm still under the impression that blog theory rests on the assumption that characters are revealed all the way until the end (2.9 average, so 6 characters left as there are also veteran blog posts to cover still) . However, I had two people say that wasn't the case yesterday. So what's the deal-o? Does blog theory just assume they will reveal characters up until the release date or not?
The blog theory is referring to the character's blog posts, not the actual reveals themselves. For instance the August smash direct revealed 5 characters and each of them got their own blog post. The fighter blog posts were put up on the day of (like K Rool and Simon) and in the week after the smash direct (Chrom, Richter, and Dark Samus). In other words, by the time the fighter's blog post is up it's old news. We have a finite amount of veterans to cover and if the blog continues to follow the calculated weekly average (which it has so far) that means we have 6-8 fighter blog posts without a veteran.

If you have any other questions or your unclear about anything else, please let me know.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

This topic for example

If you opened your Smashboards account to find 20~50 private messages of people pestering you for info, alongside 100+ mentions or quotes of your post of people begging you to answer your questions?

Yeah, you'd get a bit mental too.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
People discrediting Verge entirely based on an unconfirmed fan made theory clearly don't know the textbook definition of the word "theory".

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can understand Verge getting mad.

GameFaqs probably already harasses him a lot based on what he's said before, and now they're harassing him over what he may see as a silly fan-theory.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Here's a question I have about "Music Theory":
If everyone believes Ken is in the game, then how can any of those people believe in "Music Theory"? A Street Fighter song was one of the first songs added to the blog. That together with the fact that Incineroar seems so likely (no matter how much I would prefer almost any other Pokemon), I would say "Music Theory" is dead.

Untouch

Smash Master
Has Famitsu leaked yet?
Both sites I could find where you can buy a copy don't have the cover up yet.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
What's new gang! (See's Music theory dead but technically not because rules.)

......huh.
A wise person once said, ALL THEORIES ARE BULL**** UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.

Music theory had to be changed how many times?
"It's a good theory!"
'What about Dark Samus?'
*Edits* "Now it's good! No Echos allowed!"
'But we just got a Pokemon song in the blog...'
*Edits again* "Alright! Until the newcomer is shown before the next blog song, the theory lives!"

Guys, can we have a little happiness?
Some characters are a possibility again!

Now which theory shall go next?

Or dare I say...a 'leaker' is next to fall?

Most exciting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom