• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Hey guys! A thought just occurred to me!

Considering the Super Smash Bros Ultimate reveals usually show off a hero newcomer first and then a villain newcomer second (It's been that way the first SSBU announcement)!

Do you guys think the next Smash Ultimate character Reveal we might possibly get in October (Also we have Halloween coming up as the next major Holiday in October) will be a Bad Guy/Villain Newcomer (I'm guessing it will either be a new Zelda, Earthbound, Or Kid Icarus Character that gets revealed next)?

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
The most absurd theory I've seen so far is the theory that every character is only being revealed in the order they're being revealed in is because this order is also the order in which the games they star in were released.
I mean so far it's true (except inklings) but this would really limit newcomers.
That’s a tongue twister to read but so far It seems like what’s happening.

Well, I've been outside these days. Can someone explain me why the Minecraft leak seems now legit and we don't continue with the box madness and only two more fighters? Is there anything more than Vergeben's support to that leaker?
Nothing at the moment.

Sorry about that.

Steve would actually be a hype final reveal! Minecraft is a huge franchise.

That's there so I don't get 100x comments "Yeah but what about Steve? LOL"

Pretty much this. I've read every single Sakurai column, I'm starting to understand how the guy thinks. @_@
What’s it like over there with leaks in Japan? Are they kind of similar or different.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
what do y'all think of this theory? It's a bit more than a theory at this point from all the data mining tho

Those last couple spots supposedly for characters could very well be for bosses like Dracula and whoever else we get, which Sakurai has yet to cover.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

Considering the Super Smash Bros Ultimate reveals usually show off a hero newcomer first and then a villain newcomer second (It's been that way the first SSBU announcement)!

Do you guys think the next Smash Ultimate character Reveal we might possibly get in October (Also we have Halloween coming up as the next major Holiday in October) will be a Bad Guy/Villain Newcomer (I'm guessing it will either be a new Zelda, Earthbound, Or Kid Icarus Character that gets revealed next)?
2 points doesn't really make a pattern.

However, this is a great opportunity to remind everyone that every Smash-related Nintendo Direct has revealed exactly 1 or 2 (non-echo) new characters, usually 1.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
what do y'all think of this theory? It's a bit more than a theory at this point from all the data mining tho

Too many new characters, and this relies on them announcing characters all the way until the end, which I don't think they will do. I still think people are sleeping on how ERSB leaks impacted this Smash news cycle.

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
My thoughts on verge, he seems to have real intel but is so scared of being wrong he is trying to conform his stuff to other things to make his more plausible. He just needs to keep what he was doing, giving us info when he feels confident but don’t base your thoughts on unsubstantiated theories. People will hate him for getting stuff wrong as much as people will hate him in the end for leaking the game characters correctly. I know it is a hard thing but he needs to trust the people that got him to where he is.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Too many new characters, and this relies on them announcing characters all the way until the end, which I don't think they will do. I still think people are sleeping on how ERSB leaks impacted this Smash news cycle.
We are also still "behind schedule" on blog posts for new assist trophies and items. If we get 2 more characters and around ~6 more returning stages featured (fits the pace so far), literally every weekday until release is accounted for. (The math adds up)

It is logical that they would prioritize characters a bit over other content in the blog, just as they prioritized new fighters and stages over returning ones every step of the way as well.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Damn, I haven't visited this thread since the Ken leak was the hot topic. Anyone care to share what's new? Any fun leaks been posted recently?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Well the bedrock is sound but doesn't take into account them simply switching to one character and 3 stages kinds of upload schedules at one point

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Those last couple spots supposedly for characters could very well be for bosses like Dracula and whoever else we get, which Sakurai has yet to cover.
that could be true
I still think that just expecting only 2 more characters is too little though.
If we do get 7 more characters I suspect they will be:
1. Ken/or a street fighter character
2. A Pokemon character from gen 3 or 7
3. Geno
4. Isaac
5. Lip from Panel de Pon as a retro/wtf Sakurai character choice
6. Dixie Kong "Echo"
7. Shadow "Echo"

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

I think if Skull Kid actually happens to be in the game, close to Halloween would be perfect for his reveal and to me I always thought Simon Belmont was going to be revealed around that time but I was proven wrong and was actually surprised that he was revealed earlier than I expected, though if not Skull Kid, any new Earthbound or Kid Icarus rep would be great to see too like Porky Minch (Earthbound) or Medusa (Kid Icarus). :)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

If this is true then I'm predicting

If 7.

Banjo or Steve
Dixie Kong
Geno
Incineroar
Ken
Medusa
Shadow

If 8

Banjoe or Steve
Dixie Kong
Elma
Geno
Incineroar
Ken
Medusa
Shadow

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
If there's not only two left. To be honest I only see an absolute maximum of 5 more characters (Including Ken and Incineroar in that number so if that isn't it, just 1-3 more other then those 2). So even if only those two is inaccurate. I really don't see a whole lot more coming.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
That's completely untrue, lol. Blog theory never once states that reveals will lead up until release, where did you hear that? It states that blog _posts_ will continue up until release, and there are several things pointing to that. Most people following blog theory assume reveals will finish within the first 2 weeks of november.
Also 6-8 is not a lot at all. We got 5 in august alone.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

It's an idea many people, including myself, had been thinking about since after the August Direct. I posted this August 25th, just with less fancy math:

I think we'll be getting 8-9, including echoes. My reasoning, the same as others, is that on the blog they've been showcasing an average of 3 characters per week. The characters shown on the blog are at 69 characters right now (Mii Fighters and Pokemon trainer count as one each, echoes count), with 26 weeks from E3 to release. By week 23, roughly 69 characters characters would be shown off, leaving room for around 9 characters, including echoes, that have yet to be announced to be shown off. Of course, take this with a grain of salt as they could change their pattern by showing off 6 characters in the last week, or only 1 for all we know. But it is a pattern worth noting. My prediction is 4 more unique newcomers and 4 more echoes.
It makes sense. But it's not proof. For all we know the pattern *could* change. However, that doesn't mean the pattern will change, and there's no clear reason to schedule blog updates (as we've seen, they are scheduled to the T) going from an average of 3 characters per week to 1 or 2 near the end. However, it is a maximum, rather than a minimum.

And as a hypothetical, here's how reveals could be framed in a way that makes it not as crazy as some people think:
October: Pokemon revealed in or around a Pokemon Direct, a standalone announcement of a character, and perhaps their echo.
November: Like the August Direct, 2 unique characters revealed, and 2-3 echos.

Given that June to August we had 7-8 characters announced, it's not ridiculous to announce 7-8 characters between September to November, Isabelle being one of them. Of course, for all we know, it could end anti-climatically as some people perceive Smash 4 to have ended (which is subjective).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
lol you clearly don't understand the theory. The theory doesn't imply at all that all of them are gonna be announced way until the end. That's just a made up statement out of nowhere right there. The theory only implies that as long as we keep getting 3 character blog posts per week, the range of newcomers can be about 6-7 (at the moment and if the updates stay that way). When they are announced is not implied at all by the theory. We could very well get half in october or a few of them there, then the rest very early in november, that's just my guess of course, but it would make sense and be easy to handle. The theory proves that they are (and it's been proven already by how they have been doing it) following the schedule very strictly and the posting of the blog updates are not random at all and they are numbered, and if they keep it that way, there will be weeks before release without fighter blog posts. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT IN THOSE LAST WEEKS THEY ARE ALL GONNA BE ADDED LMAO, this just means that we will be getting that range of newcomers during these two months before release. Last weeks of the blog can easily have fighter blogs of currently known characters that are already in the roster.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
that could be true

I still think that just expecting only 2 more characters is too little though.
If we do get 7 more characters I suspect they will be:
1. Ken/or a street fighter character
2. A Pokemon character from gen 3 or 7
3. Geno
4. Isaac
5. Lip from Panel de Pon as a retro/wtf Sakurai character choice
6. Dixie Kong "Echo"
7. Shadow "Echo"
That would be great line of choices in my opinion! Of course it's unlikely but who knows.

D

Deleted member

I think what people need to understand is that the inclusion of Minecraft would mean the first ever inclusion of a western franchise represented in Smash (Yes, I know Dark Samus, K. Rool and Diddy are of western origin, but their franchises aren't.)

This LITERALLY opens the floodgates for other deserving western IPs to join smash, namely Rayman, Banjo, Crash, Spyro, you name it.

I'd be more excited at the prospect of a Minecraft rep than not because of this, even if you aren't a fan
But Shovel Knight is already an Assist Trophy, this is nothing new.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Today's blog post is Lucina, so that "Lucas is tonight" thing is, of course, as we all knew, bull.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
You know. I'm just going to toss away any leaks with a Square Characters name in it. Whenever it's Geno/Sora or whatever because of how secretive Square is.

That is until we get a Ken situation. But until then, unless we get words from Vergeben himself, who himself believe we need to wait the reveal of that Characters.

I keep an eye on Master0fHyrule because I feel the "source protection" with him saying "don't asks where I heard this" and using 4chan as a scapegoat alongside "lost link"

Every Text leak are fake for me now. When it goes down to square Characters and name it.
Same, I'm dropping anything that mentions a Square rep's specific name.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Yeahhh like I said earlier nobody knows diddly squat about what’s happening. This is nothing like previous Smash games, Nintendo’s got everybody in the dark.

D

Deleted member

Rule of thumb: unless it's an image leak, disregard all 4chan leaks. There has NEVER been a legit text leak in there and the reason for that is because leakers want their 15 minutes of fame which can't happen if you're Anon.

Shroob

Sup?
Rule of thumb: unless it's an image leak, disregard all 4chan leaks. There has NEVER been a legit text leak in there and the reason for that is because leakers want their 15 minutes of fame which can't happen if you're Anon.
That's not entirely true.

The entirety of Smash E3 was leaked before it happened.

That, and Intern-kun said he was going to reveal who the next newcomer was via the music update for 8.8, which happened.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Remember when E3 was leaked the day before on 4Chan?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What do you mean?
Debunking fake leaks are as fun as you are ever gonna get.
That's not entirely true.

The entirety of Smash E3 was leaked before it happened.

That, and Intern-kun said he was going to reveal who the next newcomer was via the music update for 8.8, which happened.
Oh, and that Ken image highly speculated to be real? 4Chan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom