• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That would be a good theory.........if it wasn't by the fact that Disney owns Sora. I seriously dobut that some "sources" would know Sora is in when those said "Sources" don't even know who owns Sora in the first place.

Seriously how many times it must be said that Sora would be a DISNEY newcomer? Yes, he was created by Square, but in the context of of Smash we always refer to the companies that OWN the character, not the ones that created them (which is why Bayonetta is categorized as a SEGA character and not a Platinum Games one)
It can go either way whether or not Sakurai perceives Sora to be a Square or Disney character. But either way, he would still be a big enough Japanese gaming icon to get in the roster.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That would be a good theory.........if it wasn't by the fact that Disney owns Sora. I seriously dobut that some "sources" would know Sora is in when those said "Sources" don't even know who owns Sora in the first place.

Seriously how many times it must be said that Sora would be a DISNEY newcomer? Yes, he was created by Square, but in the context of of Smash we always refer to the companies that OWN the character, not the ones that created them (which is why Bayonetta is categorized as a SEGA character and not a Platinum Games one)
And how many times must it be said that Square is still ultimately the one who makes the final call?

Yes, from a PURELY LEGAL standpoint, Disney owns Sora. But they don't do anything with the character without first consulting Nomura. So at the end of the day, it still isn't Disney's call, they're just the ones who relay the message.

Yes, Sora has by far the biggest legal hurdle of any potential newcomer, but people who think he's next to impossible because of that need to stop deluding themselves. Sora has shown up in World of Final Fantasy, as well as one of the mobile FF games. Clearly Disney isn't THAT strict with him.

So it is not out of the question for someone with Squeenix inside info would know about him.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Eehhhhhhh

If everyone here considers Sora a Square character, then it really isn’t far fetched that a playtester or some other leaker would consider him the same.

It’s not like there’s something in the game saying “a Disney character”

RandomAce

Smash Champion
It would be cool to get Sora and Geno both in the base roster, but please, temper your expectations. Currently, they’re just text leaks, as in, they have been passed from someone else. We need to be wary that some of the information may have been incorrect based on what Nintendo is doing now these days to prevent them.

Now, in my opinion, I’m leaning on the side that Sora is going to be our first DLC character. I need to be real here, but Smash Bros has so many third party characters and different third party IPs that this game has is extremely expensive. Now add Geno, SORA, AND MINECRAFT into the mix, based on what we have seen, it may be too much. Especially Sora since he has to be licensed by BOTH Disney and Square Enix. Since we have so many different licenses, I feel that they had to make Sora DLC. It would be too much of a risk with all the other third parties they have to deal with even with the powerful Smash Bros fanbase. That’s part of the reason why DLC added 3 new third parties, it is a lot easier to negotiate with than the base game.

But it doesn’t matter really if Sora is the first DLC character because both Sora and Geno fans will be happy in the end anyways.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
He never said he wanted any character. Until he does, he doesn't have a favorite.
He was referenced because he asked. Don't be so dense.
And until someone asks him about Steve its alot more than anyone else, it also doesnt disprove the other points aside from phil such as Steve would not represent the Xbox Brand as well as the Chief or have the history with nintendo as Banjo. Or as many Ballot votes for that matter but that isnt really an arguement for or against anyone as we've yet to see the ACTUAL results, which i can only assume lists Shrek as the winner cuz the internet was a mistake.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's why I think MasterofHyrule is more likely to have info than your typical leaker.

You guys know who he is, as he has a YouTube channel.
With his 276k subscribers.

I don't find it too unlikely he'd get some insider info due to his reputation.

And until someone asks him about Steve its alot more than anyone else, it also doesnt disprove the other points aside from phil such as Steve would not represent the Xbox Brand as well as the Chief or have the history with nintendo as Banjo. Or as many Ballot votes for that matter but that isnt really an arguement for or against anyone as we've yet to see the ACTUAL results, which i can only assume lists Shrek as the winner cuz the internet was a mistake.
You think Microsoft cares about who of those 2 represents Microsoft the best or the absolute fat stacks of money they'd get?
Be my guest.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Loz clearly knew about the E3 direct, whether you deny it or not, just nothing else.
I'm not going to discount this right away but it seems a bit suspicious.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
These are exactly my thoughts.

So many leaks have been coming and of course, a lot of that is bull**** but between the most reliable leakers there definitely is some common ground.

For example, right now according to all leaks and clues i think this is my way of seeing stuff:

They are in:

- Ken
- Inceneroar

They are very likely in:

-Steve
-Sora
-Geno
-Black shadow
-Shadow

There's a chance:

-Isaac
-Skull kid
-Medusa

As for me, my most wanted are Geno and Isaac.
Not sure about Black Shadow and Sora
My predictions go more like

They are in
-Ken
-Incineroar

They are very likely In
-Steve
-Geno
-Shadow
-Dixie Kong

There's a Chance
-Sora
-Isaac
-Elma
-Rhythm Heaven rep

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Again, I only singled out the one sentence you had because that was all I saw as actually, factually incorrect.
Also, who cares about representing the Xbox brand? Cloud surely isn't representing the PS1.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Loz clearly knew about the E3 direct, whether you deny it or not, just nothing else.
I'm not going to discount this right away but it seems a bit suspicious.
Yep, that's why I'm trying to be cautious.
But it's lining up with some other info. And MOH is a bit more than Loz; he's got hundreds of thousands of subscribers. Makes me wonder if he'd play with his reputation like that.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am kinda happy that my Sora mindblow and analyses way back in the beginning of Smash Switch speculation led to people having some hope for the character coming to Smash. Sometimes, effort pays off for the better. :)

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Again, I only singled out the one sentence you had because that was all I saw as actually, factually incorrect.
Also, who cares about representing the Xbox brand? Cloud surely isn't representing the PS1.
no but he is representing the Square Enix Final Fantasy Brand for damn sure, if nintendo went to get a first party Microsoft character theyd need one that embodies the Microsoft brand, which sort of isn't Banjo either but i digress.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
no but he is representing the Square Enix Final Fantasy Brand for damn sure, if nintendo went to get a first party Microsoft character theyd need one that embodies the Microsoft brand, which sort of isn't Banjo either but i digress.
Nah they'd need one which makes money.
And y'know.
Steve would.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
But it's lining up with some other info. And MOH is a bit more than Loz; he's got hundreds of thousands of subscribers. Makes me wonder if he'd play with his reputation like that.
I think he probably would, either that or he doesn't check sources properly
https://imgur.com/C9UK35W

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Actually, if the final direct is Steve, Sora, Geno, then the direct is going to be long af if they have anything more than Spirits mode to show. I also can't see them shoving Incineroar in here as he would get shafted so hard by the other three.

Third party characters always get time than first party characters since Sakurai goes over the other things coming with the character. See: Simon, Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta

For example,
Direct starts. 2 minute trailer for Steve.
7 minute discussion on Steve, Minecraft stage and other Minecraft content.
5 minute showcase of remaining non-Spirits modes and features
2 minute trailer for Geno
5 minute discussion on Geno, SMRPG stage and music
10 minute lowdown on Spirits mode
and here is the final character. 2 minute trailer from Sora.
7 minute discussion on Sora and other KH content.
2 minute wrap up; demo will be downloadable and a "Test Smash" is coming; pre-order the game on eShop today

That's 42 minutes and it's packed...

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Ugh, I’m sticking with my theory that Geno is base game and Sora is DLC (and that way I don’t have to get him). You all are blowing up over a bunch of words after talking about how much text leaks should be disregarded.

I’d be personally disappointed if that was the final reveals, but I already got Ridley and Dark Samus with Shadow, Black Knight and Elma very likely so I don’t wanna complain too much.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
To be honest, the idea of two Square characters getting in just gets me way too excited to buy into it.

I mean, obviously Geno is my most wanted character period, not a secret at this point. But I still love Kingdom Hearts almost as much and would love Sora. The idea of getting both is just the literal definition of a Dream.

Then again, I'd love Neku almost as much as Sora... Man, see, Square just gets me all giddy, I love so many of their IPs.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Imagine this Sora and Geno get in, then Steve and you have Mickey as an Assist Trophy !

THE WHOLE NET WILL BE IN FRENZY NUTS !

Honestly the game as it is already please me enough. The addition just will keep to extend my jaw, I think Sakurai do a Jaw dropping competition and see who's gonna drop it harder. I bet on Etika for the Jaw dropping winner contest.

D

Deleted member

Wow, so many questions. didn't notice there was a leak thread (finally!) and there's already 38 pages! And talk of Sora! What? Who? When? how likely? also, what again?

So...what's going on? how likely are these Sora rumors? I heard that the general verdict by the community is 'Ken confirmed', too, but I care more about Sora (and to a lesser extent, Geno).

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
no but he is representing the Square Enix Final Fantasy Brand for damn sure, if nintendo went to get a first party Microsoft character theyd need one that embodies the Microsoft brand
Don't make me bring out the Proofster again, man.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ugh, I’m sticking with my theory that Geno is base game and Sora is DLC (and that way I don’t have to get him). You all are blowing up over a bunch of words after talking about how much text leaks should be disregarded.
It's being talked about as much as it is because it lines up with other things. No one is buying into it completely, it just can't be ignored either.

Besides, this is the leak thread. What else do you want us to talk about? We've already picked Ken apart, and that other "leak" was obviously a dead end.

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Watch the two SE characters just be Sora and a Roxas Echo

Though seriously, I come back from my cousin's wedding to this? Damn it's almost more exciting than the wedding was.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Pretty sure last I Checked in Marketing and promotional materials, Steve Is Microsoft's Number 2
And assuming Master Cheif Likely isn't happening (Master Chief and Halo aren't as Iconic in Japan), Might as well go with Him.
Man, The Banjo Kazooie fan base is about as toxic as Waluigi's

LetterO

Smash Lord
Smash speculation has been going like a hawk.

We went from colored chairs and apes watching TV to boxes and music to the very real possibility of Sora, Geno, and STEVE joining the fight.

This experience of speculating is honestly unforgettable.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
To play devil's advocate: That's exactly why he'd delete the tweet and backtrack a bit, to save some face if it turns out wrong.

Untouch

Smash Master
I personally don't believe it but I guess we won't find out until the direct anyways so whatever.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
We have a leak thread!
What are the haps? Can someone summarize the last 38 pages?

Wow, so many questions. didn't notice there was a leak thread (finally!) and there's already 38 pages! And talk of Sora! What? Who? When? how likely? also, what again?
So...what's going on? how likely are these Sora rumors? I heard that the general verdict by the community is 'Ken confirmed', too, but I care more about Sora (and to a lesser extent, Geno).

Oh boy.

OH BOY, You guys have no idea that many has happened, first there was some Ken leak which was confirmed as real, and second, we also pointed possibility of two square enix thanks to genius of Mega Bidoof

Edit: oh yeah and Don't forget about possibility of Steve from Minecraft being playable!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom