• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzx

Smash Lord
That's not true. It's asking "please Hashimoto-san?" No idea how he took it but he answered with "Yes!"

Honestly I'm estatic if it's true but...LOWER your expectations.

I'm just confused as why deleting the message without like... y'know. Making it clear
Yeah. (I don't want Sora in.) We'll just have to see.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah. (I don't want Sora in.) We'll just have to see.
We just have to wait what's the Mysterious SE Characters is.
That's pretty scary and exciting I have to admit to know that there a character but no info on it
(Also why not?)

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There's a difference between just being part of a successful game series, and being Sonic or Cloud.

People keep throwing around every joe blow with a successful series. Lara Croft? Tracer? Kratos? Doom guy? Minecraft Steve?

This is a game of Nintendo characters, even if that means irrelevant has-beens like cartoon crocodiles from 20 years ago. All the third party characters are super iconic with significant, deep ties to Nintendo that exceed that of other platforms.

Cloud is the exception that proves the rule. And sure, fine, any video game character as iconic and generation-defining as Cloud Strife can cut in line. There's only one guy on that list, and he's out because shotguns and Warthogs aren't a fit for Smash.

Lloyd and Rayman are a stretch, but at least plausible and have some history with Smash. Random people with no unique Nintendo connection? Better hope for a PSASBR reboot.
I think you are underselling 3rd party characters and their relation to Nintendo being a factor or their relations to "changing video games forever" as well. "Changing video games forever" impacts Nintendo consoles.
-Sonic: Sonic vs. Mario, SEGA vs. Nintendo in the early 90's was a huge deal. Sonic marked the arrival of rivals to Nintendo in the console industry, which made video gaming way better off (more good games, people interested in playing and making video games, industry growth, etc.). Sonic games come out dime a dozen on Nintendo consoles post-2001.
-Cloud: Cloud vs. Link in the late 90's was a huge deal. It really was the ultimate way of describing the "Sony vs. Nintendo" and "PlayStation vs. N64" rivalry from '98 on (in the mid 90's it was Crash vs. Mario). There's also a hundred Final Fantasy games on Nintendo consoles.
-Ryu: The face of 2D fighting games and the 90's arcade Renaissance... and also really Street Fighter II being the birth of real competitive fighting games and PvP competitive gaming in general.
-Pac-Man: The face of Namco Bandai and the Golden Age of arcade gaming and the face of the 2nd Generation of Gaming.
-Snake: The face of stealth games in Metal Gear, with Metal Gear changing how video game cinematics, storytelling (in so many ways) and gameplay can and should be approached and just how video games should be experienced.

(Mega Man and Simon Belmont got in via being Nintendo characters, even though they are owned by other companies. You can't talk about Nintendo consoles without Mega Man or Castlevania. Bayonetta is sort of a current generation of that, although her legal rights are partially in the hands of Nintendo)

Minecraft Steve has a connection in that he's been on a Nintendo console for 3 years, it changed gaming forever, and it brought in a new age group into video games. To tell you how popular Minecraft is, as one game it has sold more copies than the entirety of the Final Fantasy series.

Minecraft is a franchise that has made 11 digits of US Dollars and changed the face of video games. Minecraft was to 2011 what Street Fighter II was to 1991. I say that and I grew up on Street Fighter II on the Super Nintendo and arcade and I have never played Minecraft in my life. In fact Minecraft is probably bigger.

I don't buy the Minecraft Steve leaks or even want him, but to dismiss him or leaks entirely because of Minecraft Steve being on it is not a wise decision if you aim to be correct. Gotta keep all reasonable options open and thinking/looking for new ways of said reasoning.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I think you are underselling 3rd party characters and their relation to Nintendo being a factor or their relations to "changing video games forever" as well. "Changing video games forever" impacts Nintendo consoles.
-Sonic: Sonic vs. Mario, SEGA vs. Nintendo in the early 90's was a huge deal. Sonic marked the arrival of rivals to Nintendo in the console industry, which made video gaming way better off (more good games, people interested in playing and making video games, industry growth, etc.). Sonic games come out dime a dozen on Nintendo consoles post-2001.
-Cloud: Cloud vs. Link in the late 90's was a huge deal. It really was the ultimate way of describing the "Sony vs. Nintendo" and "PlayStation vs. N64" rivalry from '98 on (in the mid 90's it was Crash vs. Mario). There's also a hundred Final Fantasy games on Nintendo consoles.
-Ryu: The face of 2D fighting games and the 90's arcade Renaissance... and also really Street Fighter II being the birth of real competitive fighting games and PvP competitive gaming in general.
-Pac-Man: The face of Namco Bandai and the Golden Age of arcade gaming and the face of the 2nd Generation of Gaming.
-Snake: The face of stealth games in Metal Gear, with Metal Gear changing how video game cinematics, storytelling (in so many ways) and gameplay can and should be approached and just how video games should be experienced.

(Mega Man and Simon Belmont got in via being Nintendo characters, even though they are owned by other companies. You can't talk about Nintendo consoles without Mega Man or Castlevania. Bayonetta is sort of a current generation of that, although her legal rights are partially in the hands of Nintendo)

Minecraft Steve has a connection in that he's been on a Nintendo console for 3 years, it changed gaming forever, and it brought in a new age group into video games. To tell you how popular Minecraft is, as one game it has sold more copies than the entirety of the Final Fantasy series.

Minecraft is a franchise that has made 11 digits of US Dollars and changed the face of video games. Minecraft was to 2011 what Street Fighter II was to 1991. I say that and I grew up on Street Fighter II on the Super Nintendo and arcade and I have never played Minecraft in my life. In fact Minecraft is probably bigger.

I don't buy the Minecraft Steve leaks or even want him, but to dismiss him or leaks entirely because of Minecraft Steve being on it is not a wise decision if you aim to be correct. Gotta keep all reasonable options open and thinking/looking for new ways of said reasoning (which as a big Lloyd Irving fan I gotta say he isn't one).
Do Crash or Rayman fit in terms of inconic-ness or Nintendo-ness?

Shroob

Sup?
So someone on reddit is going on about the extra 0 in the timer.

Is that a big blow to the leak or what, because they claim that kills the leak outright.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So someone on reddit is going on about the extra 0 in the timer.

Is that a big blow to the leak or what, because they claim that kills the leak outright.
Previous build with a 0 or maybe a match that last more than 10min-

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Do Crash or Rayman fit in terms of inconic-ness or Nintendo-ness?
Crash fits the role of "Nintendo rival" ala Sonic (and kind of Cloud) the best. But Crash also fits the "gaming icon" tag as a result (since he sort of was the original Sony PlayStation mascot).

Rayman fits the "gaming icon" since the 1st two Rayman games were huge hits in the box office (recent games not so much although they're great).

Rayman fits the "Nintendo-ish" dealio easily, as Rayman has been on quality Nintendo console games since Rayman 2 on the N64. However, I would not call Rayman a "Nintendo character" like I would Simon Belmont or Mega Man because he doesn't have the history or that many games.

I would call the Rabbids "Nintendo characters," however (lots of Nintendo console games the last decade).
I’m choosing to believe in this Ken leak pic. I just wonder if his family is ok with him joining Smash. Him being a family man and all.
Ken is a good dad okay? He fights for justice and tells his son he can Hadouken too.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Excluding his now-disowned leak from six months ago, Vergeben hasn't called much, but what he has called has been almost completely correct. I was skeptical of him for a while, but as his streak went on and on, I really had to hop on board.
Vergeben is off on a lot of other games though. The thing about Vergeben is like... he's usually anywhere from 40% to 80% right on fighting game leaks. This game is closer to 80%.
This kind of implies Rool, an unique character he never mentioned, may have been a later addition which is... Interesting to think about.
No way K. Rool was a late addition to the roster. Most of the roster is pre-planned in any game, and K. Rool simply looks too visually stunning to be an exception. K. Rool's in game model is far better looking than Ridley or Chrom. K. Rool's animations (and Final Smash) are too smooth.

Additionally Vergeben is not the be-all, end-all. He's a leaker with a flawed history, lacking or missing information, and quite a bit of flat wrong information. Additionally like all leakers his sources can be wrong (ie: mistaking an Assist Trophy character for a playable one) and his info can be old or outdated (see: Gematsu). He has showed before in so many games before, including this one with his old 3rd party character "leak."

None of his sources had K. Rool, who seemed like an obvious pick to most of us. He incorrectly stated Isabelle was probably an Echo Fighter (when at worst she's a semi-clone) because his sources clearly aren't involved with the day-to-day development of the game. And when they aren't involved in that, their information tends to be old and less reliable.

And to top it all off, no legitimate leaker (not even Vergeben) got "EVERYONE IS HERE!" and that's really all you need to say. No leaker who is leaking information has anywhere near all the information. If we get any of those kind of leakers (like we did with Brawl), it has yet to surfaced or be "proven" yet.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm way late to the party aren't I? :secretkpop:

Got really nothing to say. Can't deconfirm it, can't confirm it, the only thing that raises a red flag is the fact that Ken's portrait won't pop up, and that makes a big thinking emoji pop over my head and honestly from that 5% opacity I can just see remnants of that ****ty Agnes leak' Ken portrait that people believed for some reason. Overall 9/10 could've been scored.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
And to top it all off, no legitimate leaker (not even Vergeben) got "EVERYONE IS HERE!" and that's really all you need to say. No leaker who is leaking information has anywhere near all the information. If we get any of those kind of leakers (like we did with Brawl), it has yet to surfaced or be "proven" yet.
Apparently Loz got all veterans returning and Daisy as a newcomer, but his E3 info was all he truly had in the end.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm way late to the party aren't I? :secretkpop:

Got really nothing to say. Can't deconfirm it, can't confirm it, the only thing that raises a red flag is the fact that Ken's portrait won't pop up, and that makes a big thinking emoji pop over my head and honestly from that 5% opacity I can just see remnants of that ****ty Agnes leak' Ken portrait that people believed for some reason. Overall 9/10 could've been scored.
Level adjusted to make the portrait more visible. It's not that Agnes Ken portrait.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This has been answered a hundred times. It's transparent because PAC-MAN is close to the icon.
Whenever a character touches or gets near the HUD, like Pac Man here, it goes transparent. Been a thing since Brawl.

Haven't played Brawl in years and only played the 3DS version. Never really saw that kind of feature to begin with.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Still weird how it's not fully visible though.
Yes, but, consider if it's fake, then that means they went to the effort of making a render only to make it practically invisible.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yes, but, consider if it's fake, then that means they went to the effort of making a render only to make it practically invisible.
I'm not on team real or team fake yet, I'd only make that decision once they go ESRB route and show footage. Until then, I won't hold that on such a mantle.

Bernlord

Smash Rookie
Alright, here's all what I gathered.

1. New model never seen before.
2. People working in graphic design says it's legit
3. The portrait disappearing has been seen before, there is a match between a cloud and I think Villager where the same thing happened for a second
4. Pic has NOT been tempered with: http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php...
5. Model is accurate to the actual game and is not a Smash 4 Mod
6. https://imgur.com/a/Oa9LPZA Recreation, same glitches with the shadows.
7. https://twitter.com/Nirbion/status/1043217493328838656 For the people talking about Pichu.
8. Blah blah blah Ridley art we all saw that.
9. Size is perfect. check out Ryu's pics on the Smash site.
10. I mean. Ken has been obvious ever since the inclusion of echos.
11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-q8-hfLJMo 0:23 Not a fan of this youtuber but this subject is hot enough and as you can see, the art of Pikachu fades when Pikachu passes over it and what does Pacman do in the picture? ;)
12. https://twitter.com/artsyomni Omni, the dude behind the Rayman leak also think it's legit.
13. The angle of the stage and everything has never been seen before.
14. Ivysaur's taunt has never been seen before so for that to have been made, OP would have to redo the model as a whole.
15. Talking of Ivysaur though, all his taunts has been shown but this....could it be we finally have 4 taunts instead of 3 like in Brawl and Smash 4?
16. Mappy's sprite is THE SAME as in the E3 demo.

And finally, I saved this one for last because it's in my opinion the biggest evidence on how it's a true leak.

17. Ken's taunt and the leg. The reason why it clips and it makes it legit is that animations like a taunt that are made for a flat ground will clip if the ground is in a different state that the animation was made for, if you don't believe me, it's in other games, quickest example I got it getting off a horse in skyrim, if you do it near snow, your character will just clip through the snow and it will be positioned correctly after the animation is complete. Also, this clipping can also occur with the models. : https://imgur.com/a/tsuyKns

And if this is fake. it's the best one we got. Seriously, G ****ing G if someone faked this

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
This leak is more than likely real.

If it's fake, then this is by far the BEST fake leak I've ever seen when it comes to image leaks.

However, I'm 100% sure this is legitimate. It's not like Ken was unexpected and far out there anyway.

Bernlord

Smash Rookie
This leak is more than likely real.

If it's fake, then this is by far the BEST fake leak I've ever seen when it comes to image leaks.

However, I'm 100% sure this is legitimate. It's not like Ken was unexpected and far out there anyway.
Ken is 100% in in my opinion anyways, he went from being the original clone in a video game to his own character and since Ryu is based of SF2 Ryu (not really but this is what Sakurai said so.) he probably went with the logic that Ken will be based of SF2 Ken (R.I.P Long haired Ken from Alpha :( )

Oh! And did I pointed out Sakurai made a Ken trophy for smash 4? Kind of showing how he knows Ken is important.

Haven't played Brawl in years and only played the 3DS version. Never really saw that kind of feature to begin with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6_CGUasBS8 0:56 Look the Icon of Marth, it does it for a split second.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that image is most likely real. You guys think we'll get another one?

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I really do hope that we get more newcomers besides Ken and Incineroar

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
14. Ivysaur's taunt has never been seen before so for that to have been made, OP would have to redo the model as a whole.
15. Talking of Ivysaur though, all his taunts has been shown but this....could it be we finally have 4 taunts instead of 3 like in Brawl and Smash 4?
Woah woah woah woah, you can't just drop a bombshell like this as if it's nothing. Are you sure it's not something we haven't seen??? Because that's huge!!! And gives me reason to be invested in the leak besides a super obvious character.

Please be accurate

Bernlord

Smash Rookie
Woah woah woah woah, you can't just drop a bombshell like this as if it's nothing. Are you sure it's not something we haven't seen??? Because that's huge!!! And gives me reason to be invested in the leak besides a super obvious character.

Please be accurate
Actually, I made this list on Facebook in a Smash Bros group just a few hours after the leak. Also, I love leaks and details in stuff like pictures, videos etc and to talk about it with people on the internet.

Oh, and yeah Ken is obvious, but yeah, he's my favorite video game character along with Link and Richter Belmont. Ryo Hazuki is also cool.

What are the characters he wants to show?
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432419961 I would like to say I don't believe this one. But yeah you never know :)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Actually, I made this list on Facebook in a Smash Bros group just a few hours after the leak. Also, I love leaks and details in stuff like pictures, videos etc and to talk about it with people on the internet.

Oh, and yeah Ken is obvious, but yeah, he's my favorite video game character along with Link and Richter Belmont. Ryo Hazuki is also cool.
But are you sure that Ivysaur is definitely doing an unseen taunt (the bombshell I was talking about)? It looks very similar his vine and twirl taunt, but it lacks the vine yet.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I wonder when we'll get info on the mysterious game mode that better be story mode.

Regarding the actual leak we got, I don't think Ken will be an echo of Ryu. I think he's getting the Isabelle treatment.
Ken was the original echo in SF2, but by the end of their million re-releases, he was already Luigified.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
But are you sure that Ivysaur is definitely doing an unseen taunt (the bombshell I was talking about)? It looks very similar his vine and twirl taunt, but it lacks the vine yet.
I checked frame by frame and none of the taunts really matched that frame actually. I'm leaning it might be one of the idle animations, but no footage of that anywhere in Ultimate.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guys Stanley came to my house and literally sprayed me with insecticide sorry I can't upload today

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I highly doubt Ken would be his own character if Richter is anything to go by. The approach seems to be giving one of a company's series a second rep as a low-effort fighter that still makes sense (hence why I'm putting all my bets on Shadow happening still). Isabelle being a semi seems to stem from the desire to not see her fire a slingshot or swing an axe at Mario.

Steve would absolutely be the gateway to Banjo DLC, they made a killing off of it last time and now they've got a much larger userbase with no veterans left behind. Same goes for putting Geno in base game and having Sora as DLC, they know what will sell.

I was going to bring up how Fate would be eligible seeing as it started as a visual novel, but someone else already brought up that it started as a hentai, so I can understand why Nintendo would want to distance themselves from that.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Someone needs to go over all the Ivysaur footage and see if we've seen anything similar to this! This is big if True!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom