• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I kinda feel like this thread should've been made if we got more legit leaks after Ken.

Because right now there's nothing but a screenshot we reached a consensus on and not a lot of anything else of substance.
Actually I can bring something up.

If Ken is in such an early build, to the point where Verg knew about him and not K.Rool and mind you he got Isabelle as an Echo wrong, and he lacked info on any Echoes.

Isn't it possible that Ken is actually more how he is in games like Alpha, 3, 4 and 5? Where he has quite a bit of difference from Ryu including even their specials working entirely differently.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I kinda feel like this thread should've been made if we got more legit leaks after Ken.

Because right now there's nothing but a screenshot we reached a consensus on and not a lot of anything else of substance.
Just because the thread is here doesn't mean it has to be filled with posts. If there is nothing to say about current or past leaks, there is nothing wrong with foregoing discussion here in order to have normal discussion in the general thread.

The purpose of this thread is that it will be here when those leaks do come out, so that users in the general thread won't have to read spoilers if they want to keep a surprise reveal fresh.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Wait, really? Where can I see this?
Here ya go:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76551295?page=4
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-smash-bros-e3-info-screenshot-leaked.38549/
https://i.imgur.com/DD6eQNI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/X0gIiov.png

He goes as GUKingofheart on Gamefaqs, of course almost everyone dismissed him as a liar and a troll but it turned out to be the real deal. He never disclosed how he got access to them, though.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Just because the thread is here doesn't mean it has to be filled with posts. If there is nothing to say about current or past leaks, there is nothing wrong with normal discussion in the general thread. The purpose of this thread is that it will be here when those leaks do come out so users in the general thread won't have to read spoilers if they want to keep a surprise reveal fresh.
Oh I do realize that. I was just voicing my thoughts on the matter. :p

I don't see myself sticking here for long unless something BIG pops up.
Actually I can bring something up.

If Ken is in such an early build, to the point where Verg knew about him and not K.Rool and mind you he got Isabelle as an Echo wrong, and he lacked info on any Echoes.

Isn't it possible that Ken is actually more how he is in games like Alpha, 3, 4 and 5? Where he has quite a bit of difference from Ryu including even their specials working entirely differently.
That's what I've been thinking.

Ken would have more differences than your average Echo, but because his kit is still extremely similar to Ryu he could get away with being labelled as an Echo.

On top of that, Ryu has the biggest moveset in the game (not counting Pokemon Trainer), so maybe in Sakurai's eyes Ken having 3-6 differences from Ryu is equal to Chrom and Lucina having only one difference from their counterparts.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Her point is that it doesn't matter who's more important or relevant but rather who works as an Echo. I doubt anyone would disagree with someone saying Alucard would definitely be the second unique character from CV to get added and the same goes for Tails, but the fact is that neither of them work as Echoes of the first one.

Anyways, I just wanted to say this, back to our regularly scheduled leak discussion
Thanks Shi. Wasn't sure how to word my point. That's precisely what I meant.

Anyhow, yeah, back to the good ol' leaks.
So y'all think that Ken leak is real LOL

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So was the Ken leak disproven? 'Cause I coulda sworn it was nearly confirmed in the minds of many people several hours ago!!!
No? Where are you getting this from? That one uneducated post above? :V

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
That's what I've been thinking.

Ken would have more differences than your average Echo, but because his kit is still extremely similar to Ryu he could get away with being labelled as an Echo.

On top of that, Ryu has the biggest moveset in the game (not counting Pokemon Trainer), so maybe in Sakurai's eyes Ken having 3-6 differences from Ryu is equal to Chrom and Lucina having only difference from their counterparts.
Yeah give him a different F Smash (Ken never did that Donkey Kick that is very much Ryu ala Street Fighter 3), give him some different tilts and properties, then his specials can be more like how they differ from Ryu.

His Tatsu hitting multiple times, his Shoryuken having fire properties, his focus attack being the spinning kick instead of Ryu's punch.

Chrono.

So was the Ken leak disproven? 'Cause I coulda sworn it was nearly confirmed in the minds of many people several hours ago!!!
Not at all.

In fact, every attempt to debunk it makes it stronger.

Like some DBZ ****.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
The ken leak is real, there's no doubt about it. I've got tons of evidence stockpiled if anyone needs further convincing. I think the thing we need to look out for is what this person is going to do next. Can we expect to see more of this in the future?
I'm pretty sure this was this leakers way of saying "I have a dev build and I'm leaking stuff so be on the lookout for it." It's also a good way to test our reaction to his leaks with a simple character we know is coming, if it was a more controversial character like Steve I think we would be a lot more hesitant to accept this leak as fact.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yeah give him a different F Smash (Ken never did that Donkey Kick that is very much Ryu ala Street Fighter 3), give him some different tilts and properties, then his specials can be more like how they differ from Ryu.

His Tatsu hitting multiple times, his Shoryuken having fire properties, his focus attack being the spinning kick instead of Ryu's punch.
I gotta wonder how people would react to Echo Fighter Ken having a significant amount of differences from Ryu while Echo Fighter Dark Samus is, arguably, the worst represented character in the game from canon.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I gotta wonder how people would react to Echo Fighter Ken having a significant amount of differences from Ryu while Echo Fighter Dark Samus is, arguably, the worst represented character in the game from canon.
I think I have the proper image for this.

9b8.gif

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
The ken leak is real, there's no doubt about it. I've got tons of evidence stockpiled if anyone needs further convincing. I think the thing we need to look out for is what is this person going to do next. Can we expect to see more of this in the future?
I'm pretty sure this was this leakers way of saying "I have a dev build and I'm leaking stuff so be on the lookout for it." It's also a good way to test our reaction to his leaks with a simple chartacter we know is coming, if it was a more controvirsial character like steve I think we would be a lot more hesitant to accept this leak as fact.
Thing is, we don't know if the guy who posted it is the one who took the image, and if not, where he got it from. I'm skeptical on him for the time being although I believe the image.

His comment about Phoenix Wright makes me suspicious he got the picture from a friend or something and is using it to fake something else. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, though.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Y'know I feel like a lot of Dark Samus fans kinda gave up after Ridley's reveal so their reveal as an Echo seemed to come as a humongous relief to most, despite not having many accurate differences.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, I legit can't say anything disproves the Ken leak.

If we assume that this is an early build of the game to explain the character portraits.... either someone did some RIDICULOUS levels of minor details, or it's real...

Like, the fact that they knew that one steel plate didn't cast a shadow, or Ken having the exact same amount of polygons on his Gi like Ryu....

This is "One line's thicker than the rest" levels of detail to compare it to the ESRB leak.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
His comment about Phoenix Wright makes me suspicious he got the picture from a friend or something and is using it to fake something else. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, though.
This is the first I've heard of this. Do you have a source? It sounds like an anon posing to be the leaker since the original 4chan thread with the image was deleted, many people have done this today and many people will continue doing this in the future.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
This is a TAS, but I think it can highlight how Ryu and Ken are similar yet different too. Watch their animations and how they posture, and their different moves with their more basic attacks

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
Does anyone think the Stanley leaker is piggybacking the Ken leak?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This is just a general notice to keep discussion on topic. This is neither a social or a general discussion thread. If there isn’t any leaks to discuss about, please use the general discussion thread to talk about Smash-related stuff. And the Nintenzone social for spamfest-a-thons.

Last edited:

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone think the Stanley leaker is piggybacking the Ken leak?
If anything he was piggy backing off of vergeben / prima "leak". The ken stuff wasn't until today. But the stanley stuff was on Wednesday. I don't have any reason to believe the stanley leak but there also isn't a reason to not keep an eye out for the footage they promised to post tomorrow at 9AM PST.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think the one thing that gets me is that goddamn metal plate.

The fact that it's 'such' a minor detail that it doesn't allow shadows to be cast on it.... like, who seriously would notice this otherwise?

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
I think the one thing that gets me is that metal plate.

The fact that it's 'such' a minor detail that it doesn't allow shadows to be cast on it.... like, who seriously would notice this otherwise?
Nobody would notice this. Combine this with the fact it is using pichu's E3 renders, Pacman's e3 renders, pac man's foot clipping, and Ken's foot clipping there's no denying this is real.
Also:

Also here's a better picture of kens portrait, feel free to enjoy it:

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
This is just a general notice to keep discussion on topic. This is neither a social or a general discussion thread. If there isn’t any leaks to discuss about, please use the general discussion thread to talk about Smash-related stuff. And the Nintenzone social for spamfest-a-thons.
Is it ok to discuss general Ken stuff in here or does it fall into that as well?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean there IS the TGS panel for Ace Attorney. Hoping for something there while it may be unlikely.
Sakurai was at the tgs to present an award. However we haven’t gotten any smash reveals outside of Nintendo directs and a video on the smash site. So it’s pretty unlikely. I would love for it to be right though.
Thing is, we don't know if the guy who posted it is the one who took the image, and if not, where he got it from. I'm skeptical on him for the time being although I believe the image.

This is the first I've heard of this. Do you have a source? It sounds like an anon posing to be the leaker since the original 4chan thread with the image was deleted, many people have done this today and many people will continue doing this in the future.
View attachment 166056
Yeah it's a piggy backer, no Phoenix Wright today.
A little late but yeah there’s been a lot of piggyback backers for this.

I low key hope the Phoenix claim is somehow true though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom