• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
I have a hard time seeing Steve as playable simply because I can't see how he would look. Make him like he is in game and he's by far the most stiff character in Smash. Make him like Story Mode and.... yeah just make like he is in game.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Sakurai is absolutely the kind of person that would dump a bunch of new info on us mere weeks before launch. That's what they did with the 50 fact extravaganza last time, little doubt they'd do so again. The blog theory is more sound than the box theory, but Nintendo thrives on their unpredictability.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Just remember "I don't want this character in the game" doesn't mean "it can't be in the game"
And since we're talking about leaks in this thread, I mean, the closest thing we have to Steve at the moment is Verg being on the fence about it, yes?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Sakurai is absolutely the kind of person that would dump a bunch of new info on us mere weeks before launch. That's what they did with the 50 fact extravaganza last time, little doubt they'd do so again. The blog theory is more sound than the box theory, but Nintendo thrives on their unpredictability.
The 50 fact extravaganza was a special case. He needed to differentiate smash for wiiu from smash for 3ds so that those who already picked up the latter would pick up the former.

Also I'd argue that the 50 fact extravaganza didn't contain more information than the smash direct we got in August.

Saving up a bunch of information to the end isn't really typical behavior of Sakurai, so I wouldn't hold my breath on that wishful thinking.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I believe he said a couple sources have told him Steve would be playable and he did back the person up who claimed "playable Minecraft rep" alongside a SquEnix rep, Incineroar, and Ken.
Do we have a link for this?

I've seen the post where Verge finally confirmed Incineroar but still not seen the MC confirmation.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
The 50 fact extravaganza was a special case. He needed to differentiate smash for wiiu from smash for 3ds so that those who already picked up the latter would pick up the former.

Also I'd argue that the 50 fact extravaganza didn't contain more information than the smash direct we got in August.

Saving up a bunch of information to the end isn't really typical behavior of Sakurai, so I wouldn't hold my breath on that wishful thinking.
Good point, though we don't know about most of the modes still. I'd wager a lengthy presentation is ahead of us still.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I find that the blog theory is similarly as faulty as the box theory, and I find it funny that people would say one is more credible than the next.

The biggest point people use against he box is, “B-but, it can change over time!” Yeah, obviously.

When it comes to the character updates, it’s “It’s been an average of 3 characters per week! It’s going to stay that way until release!”

Of course, the box theory lends itself to a smaller roster while the blog theory leads to a bigger one. Interesting that the latter is believed while the former is called “dumb”.

Just finding it interesting, is all.
Funny enough with stuff like this it’s usually both combine is the true thing to happen

So for this case medium size amount of characters remaining

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
What time did that one leaker say he's posting stuff today? I know it was 9am, but I don't remember what time zone.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Stage + Assist Trophy (Most likely Creeper since this is probably the most recognizable character) sounds reasonable enough and paves the way for Banjo, even as DLC.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I still can't get over how Minecraft Steve is a very legitimate possibility. It's honestly surreal having Ridley and King K. Rool in Smash and having Steve more than just a "haha, no" meme.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You know something is accuring to me

Doesn’t Steve kill the box theory since that’s beyond incineroar and ken and Vergeben might be coming to think that’s what the Minecraft content is from that other leaker

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Just remember "I don't want this character in the game" doesn't mean "it can't be in the game"
And since we're talking about leaks in this thread, I mean, the closest thing we have to Steve at the moment is Verg being on the fence about it, yes?
We had his other leaker friend say 100% yes and some of Verg's other side sources saying so as well.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Do we have a link for this?

I've seen the post where Verge finally confirmed Incineroar but still not seen the MC confirmation.
It wasn't verge who said a MC character is coming, he just said there was going to be minecraft content that has the possibility of being a character, stage, or assist trophy. It was this guy who Verge says is legit:

A person with a supposedly accurate source claims a minecraft character
u/dasvergeben (vergeben's real reddit account) says he might be legit, and he has heard rumors of playable minecraft characters
The person confirms it is indeed playable Steve

Negotiations for Katalina from grandblue fantasy are underway *for DLC

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, I'd be amazingly satisfied if the Bugman leak is real. Chorus Kids alone makes me satisfied.

SonicMario

Smash Master
You know something is accuring to me

Doesn’t Steve kill the box theory since that’s beyond incineroar and ken and Vergeben might be coming to think that’s what the Minecraft content is from that other leaker
While my expectations are still as low as the box theory just in case. I am starting to think there's at least some chance for at least 2-3 other then Ken and Incineroar but that's it. And it may just be the 2nd Square enix rep + Steve at this point.

I still kinda have a hunch that at the very least the box theory may be right about Ken being our final base game echo fighter if nothing else. (Where's Shadow you may ask? DLC)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Not gonna lie, I'd be amazingly satisfied if the Bugman leak is real. Chorus Kids alone makes me satisfied.
Yeah same here... An obscure retro pick? Rayman? A Rhythm Heaven Character? Steve? Sign me up. This is like my dream roster...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly I'd be surprised if Minecraft doesn't get a character if it's truly in, as it's a third-party license they may need to pay a lot for. Of course, any representation is good enough; they may not even see much more value in a character than a stage, idk.

Vergeben, at the least, doesn't seem to show any doubts about the Minecraft content existing.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
I would love if Nintendo adopt the season character type after the game release, like for one year we got 8 more characters, and 4 new stage.

Would you like to see that happen ?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Ten minutes until something big. Or nothing. Probably nothing! If there's another delay I have no doubt they're just hecking with us.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
We might be careful with trusting vergeben's leaks because:

• He revealed that there would be mysterious Square Enix rep, but as of now he is still checking to make sure that he got their name down
  • Related to Minecraft Content:
    Honestly I'd be surprised if Minecraft doesn't get a character if it's truly in, as it's a third-party license they may need to pay a lot for. Of course, any representation is good enough; they may not even see much more value in a character than a stage, idk.
    Vergeben, at the least, doesn't seem to show any doubts about the Minecraft content existing.
    But have we seen him doubting it at all? And even vouching for other guy that claims that steve may be playable at all, which sounds like if it's setup for psych or disappointment, for time now, we have to watch that dude Vergeben vouching for.
  • his leaks are correctly right but he didn't have whole picture of final rosters so if characters like King K. Rool and Richter as Simon's echo shows up unexpectedly that's because he didn't have intos on those characters or hasn't heard from his sources yet.
So, if one of his leaks is very true after we saw ken leak, I'll take anything that is related to vergeben's leak with grains of salt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom