• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Man, "hat Goomba" is the new "too big," huh? Along with "you don't want Skull Kid, you just want the mask."

Also did I miss Nier, Kaine, 2B, and 9S appearing on a Nintendo console at some point?

KirbyMain64

Smash Rookie
NNID
YokaiWatch2BS999
3DS FC
3196-8123-7677
Switch FC
SW 6476-7893-3978
Nani! It's has begun?!?!

Potato_

Smash Lord
On the topic of misinformation being deliberately spread, I could see it. All I'm going to say is that I've seen multiple times this smash speculation window where we were all focused on a certain hint or two and then something would come out to immediately shift our attention to something else.

See the "Isaac/Rathalos" picture for example, literally no one talks about that anymore. That was posted on Sakurai's twitter, AFTER he stated that he's incredibly careful with what he posts there due to speculation theorists taking it out of proportion.

Ever since the Ken image leak came out/box theory, you don't hear anyone even slightly suggesting an echo for Palutena despite how likely it seems.

Man, "hat Goomba" is the new "too big," huh? Along with "you don't want Skull Kid, you just want the mask."

Also did I miss Nier, Kaine, 2B, and 9S appearing on a Nintendo console at some point?
You're forgetting "Skull Kid makes more sense as a boss" without any explanation or reasoning as to why.
"Disney means Sora can't happen at all. Give up."

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
On the topic of misinformation being deliberately spread, I could see it. All I'm going to say is that I've seen multiple times this smash speculation window where we were all focused on a certain hint or two and then something would come out to immediately shift our attention to something else.

See the "Isaac/Rathalos" picture for example, literally no one talks about that anymore. That was posted on Sakurai's twitter, AFTER he stated that he's incredibly careful with what he posts there due to speculation theorists taking it out of proportion.

Ever since the Ken image leak came out/box theory, you don't hear anyone even slightly suggesting an echo for Palutena despite how likely it seems.

You're forgetting "Skull Kid makes more sense as a boss" without any explanation or reasoning as to why.
This community changes their opinions on a dime. Whatever is speculated is what's in until something minor changes then they never believed that character ever had a chance.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Are people actually saying that Skull Kid thing???

Because that's the dumbest thing ever. Guess what, yea duh we want the mask. That's why we want that particular skull kid and not just any skull kid from the series. We want the possessed lonely child, not the flute playing one....like.....yea obviously it's for the mask and there's nothing wrong with wanting a character for a very important trait????

People are so dumb sometimes.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Nani! It's has begun?!?!
??? What's this supposed to mean? It's not even grammatically correct.
However even then I'm honestly thinking that Banjo may very well be base since this is my final official prediction.

Unique Fighters:
Banjo-Kazooie
Elma
Geno
Incineroar
Steve (Maybe)

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong
Ken
Medusa
Shadow

This is a roster I'd totally be satisfied with.
>This character is likely
"Why is that?"
>Because I like them
2290115.png

Knowing Sakurai though when he said "Don't expect too many newcomers" he could had meant just unique fighters as if we don't include echos and this list is true then we'd get a total of 8 (9) newcomers which is lower then any other new veterans in previous Smash games.

Echos would pretty much just be are extra characters in order to round out the roster which would explain why they don't have their own number but instead a copy of the number with an "e" next to it.
Sakurai counts echoes as fighters. He said, "we have a couple more fighters to reveal" AFTER revealing Chrom and Dark Samus.

Those are interesting examples, and actual evidence of this possibly occurring. I never thought of that before.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Knowing Sakurai though when he said "Don't expect too many newcomers" he could had meant just unique fighters as if we don't include echos and this list is true then we'd get a total of 8 (9) newcomers which is lower then any other new veterans in previous Smash games.

Echos would pretty much just be are extra characters in order to round out the roster which would explain why they don't have their own number but instead a copy of the number with an "e" next to it.
This.
It also makes sense because unlike previous entries the characters are displayed by their debut in Smash, so by even giving a rapid look you can see who are the newcomers in Ultimate, and going from 18 (Brawl) to 21 (Smash For) to 8/9 might be underwhelming for some.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Okay, answer this then: if Nomura has the final say, why was Sora an LTO DLC in the World of Final Fantasy, a game not only developed by Square Enix but where Nomura was one of the leading designers? Sora was available from January 24th to March 31st, 2017. If Nomura had the main say, why did this happen? The answer is simple: that's all Disney allowed. This is also important because it's a rare case of DLC not simply having a price increase after a certain time period but flat out being gone and unavailable to anyone else after an incredibly short amount of time.

It should also be noted that this is currently the only example of DLC we have specifically for Sora and that there's is nothing to go against the evidence presented here. Yeah, Disney can say they give Nomura creative control *wink wink* in the same sense that you let your dog "explore" your backyard.

splat

Smash Lord
My thoughts on the whole Square Enix rep? Vergeben isn't sure because the Square Enix was decided on later, as it is a DLC character.

Mark my words, Box Theory or not: Ken and Incineroar will be the final two characters featured in the base game. You may not like this, but hear me out. Not only does it fit with Sakurai's 'there will be less newcomers this time around', but also fits recent Nintendo Direct history.

In both 2016 and 2017, the final Nintendo Direct not directly related to a particular game was in September: on September 1st for 2016 (3DS Direct) and September 13th for 2017 (Nintendo Direct). After those, we got three Nintendo Direct Specials in 2016 (of which two were Japan-only) and two in 2017. Almost all Nintendo Direct Specials feature a game that launches around a month after that particular Direct and the same was true for four of the five mentioned Direct Specials in late 2016/2017 (exception being the Animal Crossing Direct in 2016).

Assuming the same is true for 2018, we've had our final non-Special Direct, and looking at the calendar of larger upcoming titles, I'm guessing there will be a Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Direct mid October and then an early November Direct for Smash Ultimate.

While Incineroar is a Pokémon, I doubt we'll see a Smash announcement in the potential LGPE Direct: it may just overshadow the entire thing - not to mention, Incineroar has little business in a Kanto-oriented game.

Which just leaves us with the Smash Direct in November. Especially considering Sakurai has stated he wishes to announce all characters before launch (which was also true for Smash 4 Wii U by the way, Duck Hunt's video was shown one month before the Japanese release of the game), it feels like it'd make sense to finalize all character announcements in that particular Direct. Keep in mind, the final Smash Direct before Smash 4 3DS also introduced Charizard and Greninja, the final before Smash 4 Wii U only showed Bowser Jr., and both focused more on the many modes of the games. With the alleged Spirits mode still under wraps, I'm guessing the same is also true for Ultimate.

Now, if we were to go a bit crazy, we may just see the Square rep talked about as upcoming DLC (like how Mewtwo was talked about at the end of the 50 Fact Extravaganza) - but I seriously doubt wel'll see anything more included.

I'd love to be proven wrong and it might just mean the Smash Ultimate hype train ends on a bit of a wet fart, but I'm going to play it 'safe' and assume these are our final characters. 72 is an obscene amount anyway - more than I could have ever imagined.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would be pretty funny if this ended up being the KH rep because he has not a single air of Disney about him and he doesn't hang out with Donald and Goofy. Riku is also pretty important to KH.

It would also be kind of a bizarre guess, no? Because he's not the face of Kingdom Hearts, if word got out that the SE rep is Riku and only a few people know that, it would probably cost someone their job (hence what best girl Senjougahara alluded to). Whereas if it was someone people regularly speculate about, most of that can just be passed off as normal speculation anyway.

The best part? This post is bound to make someone upset at me cause Riku isn't the KH Mascot :4pacman:

Aaaaaaaaand FIGHT
They'd probably use his less intimidating look:

Not to mention I dont think it would be possible for a side character to get in over the protagonist. He may have a lot of relevance, but Sora's the main character. It'd be like getting a "Loony Tunes" guest character, but instead of Buggs Bunny, they give us Porky Pig or Foghorn Leghorn.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
if Nomura has the final say, why was Sora an LTO DLC in the World of Final Fantasy, a game not only developed by Square Enix but where Nomura was one of the leading designers? Sora was available from January 24th to March 31st, 2017. If Nomura had the main say, why did this happen? The answer is simple: that's all Disney allowed. This is also important because it's a rare case of DLC not simply having a price increase after a certain time period but flat out being gone and unavailable to anyone else after an incredibly short amount of time.
It was a Promotion DLC for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 who was out almost the same days (Same week I think? I forgot) as the DLC launch, explaining why Sora had his DDD outfit in that game since KH 2.8 had DDD in it.
C'mon dude...That's cherrypicking in an incredible extend now.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I honestly highly doubt that the final two reveals would be a Pokémon and an Echo Fighter lol.

That just doesn’t seem like something Sakurai would go for.

Shroob

Sup?
20 plus pages since I went to bed?

.....either something huge happened, or it's 20 pages of ****posts.

Which is it?

Last edited:

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
This.
It also makes sense because unlike previous entries the characters are displayed by their debut in Smash, so by even giving a rapid look you can see who are the newcomers in Ultimate, and going from 18 (Brawl) to 21 (Smash For) to 8/9 might be underwhelming for some.
It in part banks on what I think could be a partial mistranslation in the August Direct, where Sakurai is talking about the revealing every fighter's "design" before the game launches. Keyword here is "design", which is so vague it doesn't make much sense.

Has anyone ever gone back to the Japanese version of that Direct and attempted a retranslation of that statement? It could prove to be enlightening.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Sakurai counts echoes as fighters. He said, "we have a couple more fighters to reveal" AFTER revealing Chrom and Dark Samus.
I'm starting to think that more and more as we get closer to release, and that's a shame, to me personally. The general consensus seemed to be that clones/echos came free of charge, balance wise. So, I had figured we wouldn't be getting as many unique fighters as we usually do, but echos were there to fill in the roster to what we would usually get. But with only two months to go, I can't see us getting more than 7 characters, including echoes. And that's being generous.

However, having the Ultimate roster is worth it alone, especially since we'll most likely have DLC. And if Smash becomes a games-as-a-service, where DLC just continues for years on out, perfect.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Which is it?
****posting.
Disney being despicted as Satan as usual so Sora can't be in
And Vergeben saying more about the Square-Enix Rep.

I didn't say the character is now DLC. I only said that I cannot confirm or deny the roster size itself, but I can confirm there will be a Square Enix character. Meaning if the roster only has two characters left for instance, and they are Incineroar and Ken, then the Square Enix character is DLC.
It is all hypothetical because I do not know the roster number.

As for why I do not know the Square Enix character, it comes down to Square Enix being over protective of leaks and will fire people for any little thing that leaks and pick fall people regardless of evidence even. Have you ever wondered why things by Square Enix rarely ever leak and when they do it is rare or by early listings?
The company has a harsh view on them, so it keeps the information within.
Square Enix employees are aware who is getting in to Smash, but only certain ones know the actual. They are apparently telling employees different names to try and weed out any would be leakers in the company if people do say it.

On the Nintendo side they are clearly aware who it is since SSBU is their game, but out of respect for Square Enix they are doing all they can to keep it concealed.
I will say right now that I don't know if I'll find out who the character is confirmed to be before the character is actually revealed or possibly leaks through some other means.
I do have a list of some names I heard are being intentionally leaked to be, and the real one may very well be among them, but I don't really want to publicly share those if it means jobs could be lost.
So I think this one will be best to let things play out by itself.

Basically, there is reasons to believe that Square are being Ultra Secretive about leaks, and even more with their Smash Rep by throwing fake name to employee

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They'd probably use his less intimidating look:

Not to mention I dont think it would be possible for a side character to get in over the protagonist. He may have a lot of relevance, but Sora's the main character. It'd be like getting a "Loony Tunes" guest character, but instead of Buggs Bunny, they give us Porky Pig or Foghorn Leghorn.
I was wondering when someone'd take the bait

Just wanna go ahead and say that's never been a rule.
And if that's the only thing Riku has going against him, then I feel even better about it :wario:
If the Disney stuff genuinely mattered for some reason, and if every party involved felt better about it, they'll include a secondary character regardless of what people on a forum thinks made sense, no?

And if we were to go off that "lose their job thing", I'd hardly doubt it'd be Sora (or Geno for that matter). Dude already appears everywhere in thousands of rumors. If it was a big deal to have "Sora in Smash" everywhere I don't think that would have even been brought up.
Riku is pretty obviously a more absurd guess, but definitely not impossible.

This is only a thought experiment more or less trying to point out that there's no rule and the SE character could be anyone. There's nothing about what we already know that implicates anyone being the character.

Which is it?
Nothing happened. People are having a more or less superfluous conversation about whether or not Disney would bar Sora from being in because of one thing or another.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
My thoughts on the whole Square Enix rep? Vergeben isn't sure because the Square Enix was decided on later, as it is a DLC character.

Mark my words, Box Theory or not: Ken and Incineroar will be the final two characters featured in the base game. You may not like this, but hear me out. Not only does it fit with Sakurai's 'there will be less newcomers this time around', but also fits recent Nintendo Direct history.
Actually, he stated: The Square Enix character that I heard about is an interesting exception in all of this when it comes to the box theory and my knowledge of there being a character of theirs comes from someone who's never had a habit of being wrong.

He doesn't know the final number anyway, so while yes, the Square-Enix rep may be a DLC character, he explicity said he got this name from a single source (who's never had a habit of being wrong) so he cannot confirm it. And since Square-Enix is pretty rough on leaks, he probably won't get any new source soon.

Untouch

Smash Master
It's weird how I saw most of the community say they were fine with the roster as is when K Rool was announced, but now are angry at the chance of only getting 2 more characters.

It in part banks on what I think could be a partial mistranslation in the August Direct, where Sakurai is talking about the revealing every fighter's "design" before the game launches. Keyword here is "design", which is so vague it doesn't make much sense.

Has anyone ever gone back to the Japanese version of that Direct and attempted a retranslation of that statement? It could prove to be enlightening.
This is a good point, Sakurai could end a direct announcing the "design" of a character that won't be in right away but it's likely an odd translation.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman

Which is it?
Mostly Sora & Disney again... Nothing much new sadly

So... what are we talking about at the moment?
Debates on last 2 characters
More Sora & Disney talk
I posted an old leak a while ago about Black Shadow
Just a normal day with no new leaks yet...

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I honestly highly doubt that the final two reveals would be a Pokémon and an Echo Fighter lol.

The final public reveal for Brawl was Olimar, and the final public reveal for Smash 4 was Shulk. Those were hardly the big names for their respective games.

And even though I personally don't care for Incineroar at all, there are certainly people who would be excited. We have to remember that our little community is not the majority of people who will buy Smash-- and that they need to promote Pokemon leading up to the Let's Go! release.

xzx

Smash Lord
I have a theory that Ken and Incineroar will in fact be the last two characters - for the base roster anyway. I think that Sakurai actually has more characters in the making, but due to him not being able to finish them before launch, he will have to make them DLC instead (instead of scrapping them). I think he will do the Mewtwo thing in Smash 4 - that is, saying that "this character is in the making/will become available 'soon'".

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's weird how I saw most of the community say they were fine with the roster as is when K Rool was announced, but now are angry at the chance of only getting 2 more characters.
Has that changed? As far as I'm aware all the people who have said they're content with the roster are still content with the roster. Myself included.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
*Leaker implies Smash is a "kids game" now because of Minecraft when over 70% of the represented franchises are colorful, family friendly titles featuring characters such as a pink blob, a cartoon plumber, and squids that shoot colorful ink at each other*

Mmmmmmmkay. I don't know why something being wholesome or family friendly is viewed as an insult or something "bad" to some people, but eh, whatever.

Minecraft content is really tricky. On the one hand, Steve while in hindsight makes perfect sense, seems a bit too out there for base roster right now. On the other hand, if your gonna get an IP as big as Minecraft, why on earth would you only do an AT or stage and not bring a character? I'm starting to think that if there is Minecraft content present, then I really do think Steve is coming. That's just me, though. :p
I'm a firm believer that if there's Minecraft content in the game, there will have to be a Microsoft character with it, because why go through all the effort of licensing with a direct competitor without getting a playable character? However it does not necessarily need to come with a Minecraft character, we've already seen that third party franchises can get significant content in Smash without a playable character as long as they're from a company with playable characters already (or from a very easy to work with Indie company like Yacht Club Games). So I think it's possible we get Banjo or Master Chief with a Minecraft stage and/or AT instead of Steve.

but by using simple logic you just have to say "if there were 5/6 characters would they have posted a placeholder with 5/6 empty slots?
This is my biggest problem with the box theory, it would have been a lot more conspicuous to have many empty spots or another blank row on the box, so I imagine the placeholder art would leave as little blank spaces as possible regardless of the amount of remaining characters left, just like how the character list on the Smash website only has as much blank spaces as needed to fill out a row and adds new rows when the amount of revealed character necessitates it.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay, answer this then: if Nomura has the final say, why was Sora an LTO DLC in the World of Final Fantasy, a game not only developed by Square Enix but where Nomura was one of the leading designers? Sora was available from January 24th to March 31st, 2017. If Nomura had the main say, why did this happen? The answer is simple: that's all Disney allowed. This is also important because it's a rare case of DLC not simply having a price increase after a certain time period but flat out being gone and unavailable to anyone else after an incredibly short amount of time.

It should also be noted that this is currently the only example of DLC we have specifically for Sora and that there's is nothing to go against the evidence presented here. Yeah, Disney can say they give Nomura creative control *wink wink* in the same sense that you let your dog "explore" your backyard.
Man, that’s a delicious looking cherry-picked argument, which completely ignores all other evidence prevented that goes against your viewpoint. And by that. I mean that we’ve gone past “Bandana Dee is just a hat goomba” levels of bad arguments.”

Besides that, this is a leak thread, and we should, you know, be talking about leaks.

This conversation is actually over now.
I have a theory that Ken and Incineroar will in fact be the last two characters - for the base roster anyway. I think that Sakurai actually has more characters in the making, but due to him not being able to finish them before launch, he will have to make them DLC instead (instead of scrapping them). I think he will do the Mewtwo thing in Smash 4 - that is, saying that "this character is in the making/will become available 'soon'".
I wouldn’t be surprised if this were the case. It would also make sense why our SE character isn’t known, because they’re not in a playable build of the game.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I don't think jobs being on the line is a hint for or against any Square Enix character, just a warning that Square Enix is absurdly protective against leaks, and as Vergeben mentioned not too long ago on GameFAQs, will not hesitate to fire people if even the slightest peep gets out, regardless of what it is as long as it belongs to them. The fighter could be Geno. It could be Sora. It could be almost anybody belonging to Square Enix. We don't know, and likely won't until an official reveal.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The final public reveal for Brawl was Olimar, and the final public reveal for Smash 4 was Shulk. Those were hardly the big names for their respective games.

And even though I personally don't care for Incineroar at all, there are certainly people who would be excited. We have to remember that our little community is not the majority of people who will buy Smash-- and that they need to promote Pokemon leading up to the Let's Go! release.
I mean we already know that this Smash is treating reveals a bit differently and are catering more towards the fans unlike previous entries did like with characters such as K Rool and Ridley, to have it end with two characters clearly not influenced by that demographic would just be anti-climactic. (And at least Shulk was highly requested in Japan so there was a bit of a climax to him being revealed)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

I really don’t like it when people say this kinda thing. Like how do you know? You ever met Sakurai?

I didn’t think people had to say this, but Olimar was the last reveal for Brawl, and Shulk was the last reveal for 4.

The final newcomer has NEVER been a big hype one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's not cherry picking though because of the two specific things I mentioned: this is the only instance of Sora as DLC we have to cross reference and it's an incredibly rare instance of a notable, franchise leading character in a game from its own creator and studio producer but only being available as free DLC for roughly two months. There's other things to note too like Sora not being a cameo in the World Ends With You games but Neku appearing in Kingdom Hearts games despite, again, having the same creator, same studio, and a lot of the same developers, stacking more evidence that the Disney VP's statements on creative control were niceties and little else.

Last edited:

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
I really don’t like it when people say this kinda thing. Like how do you know? You ever met Sakurai?

I didn’t think people had to say this, but Olimar was the last reveal for Brawl, and Shulk was the last reveal for 4.

But in smash ultimate, all fighters will be known before release where those two games still had secret newcomers, even if they weren’t all super hype either. There was hidden hype we didn’t know of.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Just saying, Incineroar wouldn't be marketing Let's Go very well. It makes as much sense as them revealing Incineroar for Smash during a Let's Go direct. The guy isn't in the game in any capacity, not to mention that the audience Let's Go is trying to attract (people nostalgic for gen 1 and people playing Pokemon Go who want a segway into the main series) would likely not really care about a Pokemon they don't recognize.

Incineroar could very well be the last character for all we know, box theory is still valid after all (despite my growing doubt in it). If he is though, I doubt it's due to wanting to market Let's Go.

Also one thing I want to mention, you can't really compare past smash games reveal schedule and choices to this game, due to the fact that the circumstances behind them are so radically different. Not only was Smash Ultimate only announced about 10 or so months before release, but there are NO hidden characters in this game. These are important distinctions to make note of, that I guarantee you shaped the reveal schedule and strategy for Nintendo.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I already explained my standpoint on this, and SSB4Dojo SSB4Dojo brings up a really good point.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
A lot of the debate I see over Sora getting in or not getting into Smash seems pointless..

Every time 3rd parties are brought up there's always a million arguments over how they can or cant be put in Smash.

At this point I think Sakurai can get whatever 3rd party he wants.. Smash Bros. Isn't some niche game, it's become one of the biggest franchise's in gaming. Pretty much any company in the game industry knows this. I'm sure just about any company would be tickled pink to be approached for a Smash inclusion. I think Nintendo let's Sakurai have most of the control becsuse he's proven himself enough already... if he wants Master Chief, Sora, Banjo, and Laura Croft... we'd have them in Smash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think jobs being on the line is a hint for or against any Square Enix character, just a warning that Square Enix is absurdly protective against leaks, and as Vergeben mentioned not too long ago on GameFAQs, will not hesitate to fire people if even the slightest peep gets out, regardless of what it is as long as it belongs to them. The fighter could be Geno. It could be Sora. It could be almost anybody belonging to Square Enix. We don't know, and likely won't until an official reveal.
It's not, no. But you'd think that if even the slightest peep gets out, how are they going to tell who is "leaking" and who isn't if thousands of people are saying Sora is in at once? Surely that'd be a red flag if that was what they were looking out for :4pacman:

My point is people can make stupid conjectures based on anything and none of it matters until we actually know something concrete. Sora's Keychain included. Community rules never matter.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I personally do not think Incineroar and Ken are the last two fighters for the base roster. I think there will be at least one more. I do agree that the final reveals have never been big hype machines. But after the August direct featured five newcomers, I really can't imagine the final pre-launch direct featuring only two. I'm not gonna try and guess who would be left after Incineroar and Ken, but I'm confident there's at least one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom