• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If the next thread isn’t titled “Smash ultimate Discussion 2: Electric Boogaloo”, I will be very disappoint.

Like, when you have the chance to take advantage of the memes, you do it.

You always do it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Do we know what Tails will look like...

I expect it will only be the 147th worst thing done to him on the internet :yoshi:
I will be very disappointed if Knuckles doesn't show up either. If that happens, my refund will definitely be in rings.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If the next thread isn’t titled “Smash ultimate Discussion 2: Electric Boogaloo”, I will be very disappoint.

Like, when you have the chance to take advantage of the memes, you do it.

You always do it.
Why call it Electric Boogaloo?

I mean, I go to another site where they have a discussion that has a sequel with those words in its title.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I go to another site where they have a discussion that has a sequel with those words in its title.
It's an unwritten law. All sequels that have '2' at the end must be followed by ":Electric Boogaloo"

Rules are rules, I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

It's a meme relating to poor quality sequels, after a movie sequel with Electric Boogaloo in its title.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Electric Boogaloo is a requirement for all sequels.

Star Wars 2: Electric Boogaloo
Harry Potter 2: Electric Boogaloo
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo: Electric Boogaloo

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

So, what would come after Electric Boogaloo, as in what would a second sequel (like Star Wars 3) have in its title?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, if adding Electric Boogaloo to a sequel title is a law, what happens if you break that law by not adding those words in?

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, if adding Electric Boogaloo to a sequel title is a law, what happens if you break that law by not adding those words in?
The authorities are immediately called, but because the situation is so stupid they never bother to show up. That's why there are so many sequels without the Electric Boogaloo title.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So in honor of Ultimate and the good times speculating who'd get in. Who do y'all think had the best reveal?

For me you all obviously know its my boi :ultkrool:whose fan demand was so strong it brought him back from the shadows of obscurity ready to make a new future again.
The moment the entire internet was destroyed
eye.png

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
So in honor of Ultimate and the good times speculating who'd get in. Who do y'all think had the best reveal?

For me you all obviously know its my boi :ultkrool:whose fan demand was so strong it brought him back from the shadows of obscurity ready to make a new future again.
This was the moment people were either crushed or happy.

D

Deleted member

One of these amiibos is not like the other. one of these amiibos is an assist trophy lol.
B6123A9F-5F2E-4824-93DC-9AA832A284E9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Wolf players are really annoying to deal with, he feels like he surpasses all of your moves, while jump in and out easily, and zone you with his most powerful projectile.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Or just swap out that subtitle with ones from other bad to average sequels...

Breaking 2: Attack of the Clones
Breaking 2: Return of Jafar
Breaking 2: Simba’s Pride
Breaking 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
Breaking 2: Cruse Control
Breaking 2: Belle’s Enchanted Christmas
Breaking 2: Mele-
E8EEF328-BA38-407E-A4B2-BC166FE879A2.jpeg

KIDDING! Just kidding!

D

Deleted member

I just discovered how riding a Snorlax in Pokemon LG works.

I now demand a giant Snorlax be made playable in this game, with the LG trainer there just glomping him like so:

maxresdefault.jpg

It would be the best DLC.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I left for a while and when I came back, the first thing I saw was Electric Boogaloo memes. I hope the next thread is as random as this one.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Sorry, but the choices are bad.

I...don't get these explanations, especially the moves considered "useless".

Will this speed us up even more?
um excuse me

These are some of the most stupid choices for moves lol. Dedede's Up-Air is one of his best kill moves, and how are R.O.B.'s grab even bad? They forgot to mention that Down-Throw buries people.

And for the grabs, are they talking about pummels? They're so incoherent I can't even tell.

Meanwhile I'm taking a news article about Smash seriously...

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's just Star Wars 3. No special title required.

Star Wars.
Star Wars 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Star Wars 3.
Then comes:
STAR W4RS
and
STAR WAR5

Eventually, the people making the movies get embarrassed about how many of them they're making, and stop numbering them.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Toss up between “Everyone is Here!” And K. Rool for me.

I didn’t watch E3 live - I was nervous since Ridley’d been leaked and I didn’t want to hope and be let down. E3 ran while I was out at dinner, and I came back and wanted to get a few answers first. Of course the boards were slow as molasses. But I did see that they’d created the character section and there was one for Riddles. I was excited. I saw loads of other confirmed vets, but I didn’t really notice any...except the one name that stood out and made me scream: Pokémon Trainer. After all this time.... I immediately shut down the boards to avoid spoiling mysef more now that I knew I’d end up hugely satisfied, and watched. And as each vet popped up, I gave a quick “yeah, makes sense.” I wasn’t counting. Then Snake came back and I realized that nobody lost their mains. No cuts at all. Just wow. I couldn’t sleep that night. And then on top of that, Daisy! Ridley! Mind blown.

Also the August direct. Simon was meh - I tried to make a headcanon of him and Dovahkiin questing through a Nordic burrow to like him more, but K. Rool was a total surprise. The fact that the fans were able to raise him up when his own company had forgotten about him... and I was part of that. It was surreal. Not to mention how beautiful his kit is - K. Rool has one of the most lovingly designed movesets based on his games, and it never would have happened if not for the fans. I was awed. I was also at work that morning seeing it, so that made it really tough to concentrate the rest of the day...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Then comes:
ST4R W4RS
and
5TAR WAR5

Eventually, the people making the movies get embarrassed about how many of them they're making, and stop numbering them.
Made a few fixes for you, if you know what I mean.

Iridium

Smash Hero
um excuse me

These are some of the most stupid choices for moves lol. Dedede's Up-Air is one of his best kill moves, and how are R.O.B.'s grab even bad? They forgot to mention that Down-Throw buries people.

And for the grabs, are they talking about pummels? They're so incoherent I can't even tell.

Meanwhile I'm taking a news article about Smash seriously...
The Turnip, however, has the best content for humor out there. Like this. January...

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I just endured a CPU match where a K. Rool combed his F-Smash into his reflected Cannonball at a Ryu that killed on the edge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom