• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

@Untouch also found that it could be the term "Hero"

If so, I think that's some further ammunition to add onto the Dragon Quest train.
Three Houses promotion? Nope, enjoy your FE Heroes rep!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Something to consider though. If we're using "brave" as a major personality trait, then...

:ultcloud::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultroy::ultike::ultbayonetta::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultwolf::ultfalco::ultfox::ultinkling::ultkirby::ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultlittlemac::ultmario::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultzss::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic:

...all of these guys could be called "brave".
how the **** is :ultduckhunt: brave, he just fetches dead ducks

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Watch out guys, Assists don't deconfirm and Fire Emblem's getting a new character

D

Deleted member

If the DQ rep is Eight... I would owe Sakurai, Namco, Sora, Nintendo and everyone involved on Smash a lot.

He means a lot to me as a player.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Please do not spread the "Brave" and "Jack" thing. This is not good and somebody leaked it out from private groups. We don't want this to be public knowledge. If you want to discuss it, please keep it on the downlow or in private. Just don't reference the games code directly. Nintendo might catch on. Eesh.
Out of curiosity: Why.

If it's in the game's code itself, can't anyone with the knowhow open it up and confirm the same thing? And what use is pilfering through the code to find clues regarding DLC characters if you're not going to do anything with said clues once found?

I just don't understand the reason for secrecy. I'd like to.

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice
Age of Empires is a relic of its age, as is MechWarrior.
The thought of BattleTech/MechWarrior representation in Smash never even crossed my mind before this post.

Not that it would ever happen, but the fact that it COULD since Microsoft owns the digital rights... that would be very interesting.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Ok. But just curious why do we not want this to be public knowledge?
I'm going to assume it's because: If Nintendo doesn't know that the players know where the information is kept, they might end up sticking more leak information there as the game continues to get updated. If they DO know that they player's know, then they'll change it.

That said, if you can't tell people about the information you find, then who cares if you found it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eight/Hero just means a lot to me, since he gives me sweet and great memories of my days playing DQ8 on the PS2 when i was younger.

Just seeing art of him online makes me remember specific moments of me playing the game, and him in Smash would feel like a gift from Sakurai to me in regards to my life as a player.

Seeing him revealed on the year i become 18 would be kind of simbolic.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
normal people: huh, that's interesting - could be DQ or something, let's wait and see what it means
me, an intellectual at volume 110%:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to assume it's because: If Nintendo doesn't know the player's know where the information is kept, they might end up sticking more leak information there as the game continues to get updated. If they DO know that they player's know, then they'll change it.

That said, if you can't tell people about the information you find, then who cares if you found it.
Yeah I'm not going to lie I don't like these insiders basically telling the rest of us were not allowed to talk about this info.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sakurai will upgrade one assist trophy of your choosing into a playable character, but in return you must give him your first born child.
Do you do it? And if so, for who?

If you don't plan on having children you have to give him your mom.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai will upgrade one assist trophy of your choosing into a playable character, but in return you must give him your first born child. Do you do it? And for who?

Never.

I would boycott the Smash series if he dared to propose me that.
My family means a lot to me.

Polan

Smash Lord
Please do not spread the "Brave" and "Jack" thing. This is not good and somebody leaked it out from private groups. We don't want this to be public knowledge. If you want to discuss it, please keep it on the downlow or in private. Just don't reference the games code directly. Nintendo might catch on. Eesh.
on the internet there is no such thing as private. there is only public and soon-to-be public, especially when its literally on the code of the game.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Ok , things are fire right now , look:
https://twitter.com/jam1garner/status/1080961830825193473

Ok so since the secret's out, here's confirmation. Params in Ultimate confirm the code names of 2 future characters, "jack" and "brave". The labels for these characters: fighter_kind_jack fighter_kind_brave fighter_kind_packu (piranha plant)

Pachu is Piranha Plant
Jack is probably Joker

But BRAVE? Seriously!?
Brave is the ****** Agumon's CREST.
WarGreymon use the ****ing BRAVE SHIELD

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sakurai will upgrade one assist trophy of your choosing into a playable character, but in return you must give him your first born child.
Do you do it? And if so, for who?

SEE YA MOM, IT WAS NICE KNOWIN YA.

D

Deleted member

I saw people call Bowser Jr.'s Side B laggy but like, ya'll know you can instantly cancel it by jumping, right? And that it doesn't use up your double jump either? Up b is still easy to gimp but at least you can actually recover with it unlike Mac.
https://twitter.com/jam1garner/status/1080961830825193473

Interesting.

Codenames for two characters confirmed via datamining:
"Jack"
"Brave"
Ok, Jack is likely Joker(probably an injoke with Jack Frost or the slot was just a general Atlus one?) but...
>Brave
>Bravely Default
Agnés leak was real this whole time and we've been bamboozled

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Bravely Third announced for Switch alongside a trailer for Agnes being added to Smash.

And Gentlepanda Gentlepanda wins Smashboards for a month.
logical conclusion is that this is dragon quest

so anyway in this essay i will establish why DLC character 3 'brave' is actually all four bravely default party members with default/second appearances as alternate costumes to fill up a total of eight slots

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I have an arena set up for anyone who wants to play.

ID: 29250
Name: The Screechening
Password: 420

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom