• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If i had to make my picks based on my dream additions and not how likely each fighter is, it would be like this:

-Joker
-Crash Bandicoot
-Spyro (i would love to see him alongside Crash).
-Hero from DQ8 (that’s his name, seriously).
-Steve (for the stage).

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
The trademark for Xenoblade is owned by Nintendo . KOSMOS is a Nintendo character. There's even a Xenoblade costume DLC for Breath of the Wild.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Happy New Year to everyone except that guy that played Mario and Rosalina in my arena last night. Thanks for almost making me ragequit. /s

D

Deleted member

Gonna take a guess and say there's probably gonna be a Direct this month to give us updates on stuff like Piranha Plant's release date, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Fire Emblem. Probably some footage and a date for Joker as well. I don't think we'll see Fighter Pack 2 until much later into the year, though.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The trademark for Xenoblade is owned by Nintendo . KOSMOS is a Nintendo character. There's even a Xenoblade costume DLC for Breath of the Wild.
Despite appearing in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, KOS-MOS is still tied to the Xenosaga trademark, which is owned by Bandai Namco.

So no, she isn’t a 1st Party character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gonna take a guess and say there's probably gonna be a Direct this month to give us updates on stuff like Piranha Plant's release date, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Fire Emblem. Probably some footage and a date for Joker as well. I don't think we'll see Fighter Pack 2 until much later into the year, though.
Apparently the eshop's implying Crafted World releases in March so they kind of need to do that unless they want the only people buying it be called Zinith

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Happy New Year to everyone except Inkling mains!
well then...no Woomy for you
Happy New Year to everyone except Palutena mains please stop reflecting my **** you meanies
As a Pit main, and by default a member of the lady Palutena Mains Club, you are not allowed to tell or ask or beg them to not do something

D

Deleted member

I can see a Direct happening this month... But i’m not sure if it will have Joker gameplay since he is still under development.

We had to wait a good chunk of time for our first gameplay of Mewtwo in Smash 4, so i kind of imagine the wait for Joker to be similar or even longer.

Despite appearing in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, KOS-MOS is still tied to the Xenosaga trademark, which is owned by Bandai Namco.
KOS-MOS in Xenoblade 2 felt to me like the Crash Bandicoot minigame in Uncharted 4: a tribute that was allowed by the owners of the Xenosaga license to the original creators.

I found that minigame dope when i tried it, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think we'll see a Fighter Pack 2 at all, but yeah, we're going to need a direct soon because we know next to nothing about most 2019 titles.

Considering they just started on Joker, I think we won't hear from him before summer.

U-throw > U-air
Fox called, he wants his cheese back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Back in Smash 4, we waited around 7 months for Mewtwo’s gameplay after being confirmed as a Club Nintendo bonus.

I would expect Joker’s gameplay releasing after that amount of time, or even more.

Taking in mind the time it passed with Mewtwo (from October 24th to April 1st) and Joker’s reveal date (December 7th), i would expect it’s gameplay to release after July 24th of this year.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You smell that? Smells like 2019.

It’s gonna be a good one, lads. I can feel it.

Or maybe I’m getting too hopeful and setting myself up for disappointment when another emotionally traumatic event occurs for the fourth time in a year.
Who knows :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

I expect Joker’s gameplay to release after July 24th of this year.

Doesn’t have to be the same month, but i don’t expect anything before that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can see a Direct happening this month... But i’m not sure if it will have Joker gameplay since he is still under development.

We had to wait a good chunk of time for our first gameplay of Mewtwo in Smash 4, so i kind of imagine the wait for Joker to be similar or even longer.
Back in Smash 4, we waited around 7 months for Mewtwo’s gameplay after being confirmed as a Club Nintendo bonus.

I would expect Joker’s gameplay releasing after that amount of time, or even more.

Taking in mind the time it passed with Mewtwo (from October 24th to April 1st) and Joker’s reveal date (December 7th), i would expect it’s gameplay to release after July 24th of this year.
I expect Joker’s gameplay to release after July 24th of this year.

Doesn’t have to be the same month, but i don’t expect anything before that.
The saga continues.

Untouch

Smash Master
If I was to guess, we're going to get a direct relatively soon regarding Pokemon Gen 8.
Then a direct in February with Joker gameplay, Piranha Plant release date and potentially a reveal of the next character.
Sakurai said all characters are going to be released shortly after 2020, they'll need to reveal them relatively quick.

Last edited:

segillav

Smash Apprentice

That's closer to 5 months than 7 months, isn't it? I feel like Joker will come out before the next E3 at least but we'll see.

D

Deleted member

That's closer to 5 months than 7 months, isn't it? I feel like Joker will come out before the next E3 at least but we'll see.
E3 could be an option if the development for Joker happens to go a bit faster.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think we'll see a Fighter Pack 2 at all, but yeah, we're going to need a direct soon because we know next to nothing about most 2019 titles.

Considering they just started on Joker, I think we won't hear from him before summer.

Fox called, he wants his cheese back.
Even if he doesn’t release till summer, I’m confident we’ll see his gameplay way earlier. PP had a gameplay trailer ready 4-ish months before release.

Plus I’m pretty sure each character is gonna have a unique development time. Characters like Joker and Crash have modern HD games that Sakurai can probably borrow assets from, or at least base his off, reducing dev time. Characters like Erdrick and Banjo would need construction from the ground up. Design work, model building, all new stuff and this will take much longer. It actually doesn’t surprise me that he’s not first because he’s probably the character that needs the most work done. It’s a spectrum. I just used my predictions as an outline but you can apply this logic to any character you want. Ryu, Corrin, and Bayonetta had relatively short dev times because they had modern assets to assist in creation. Cloud, less so. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I mean yeah. But how does that logic apply to Lucas. Or Roy. Or Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta. I don’t actually know but I feel like it holds up less.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think my mission to hunt down every Isabelle main is still a go.
When you find the top tier ones in Elite:

DvSk1DyX0AACPmG.jpg

Top Isabelle players are not to be underestimated. I'm pretty sure they're wizards.

D

Deleted member

When you find the top tier ones in Elite:

Top Isabelle players are not to be underestimated. I'm pretty sure they're wizards.
Imagine thinking that K.Rool is the most broken character when Isabelle exists.
I like to play as Isabelle, but she has a lot of stuff that makes me see her as a better fighter than K.Rool.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been watching Persona 5 let's plays, and it looks pretty cool, but I just can't get that into it.

I guess the only way is to play it. Where's that port, Nintendo?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nairo can put in some good work with Ken

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Imagine thinking that K.Rool is the most broken character when Isabelle exists.
I like to play as Isabelle, but she has a lot of stuff that makes me see her as a better fighter than K.Rool.
Just because she's better than K.Rool doesn't mean she's broken.

I've been watching Persona 5 let's plays, and it looks pretty cool, but I just can't get that into it.

I guess the only way is to play it. Where's that port, Nintendo?
Ask ATLUS, they just announced an announcement in March.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There’s also the whole thing around the fishing rod, tbh.

And i still feel like reveals for reveal dates aren’t a good thing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Announception...also Isabelle is better than K Rool. Until he can summon an infinite amount of Guiles and Knuckles, he ain’t got **** on her

D

Deleted member

Announception...also Isabelle is better than K Rool. Until he can summon an infinite amount of Guiles and Knuckles, he ain’t got **** on her
Yeah, that is what i refer to.

That move needs to be fixed.

D

Deleted member

I have no problem with them, it's not like their absence would change anything.
You aren’t wrong in that regard, but it still feels strange when it happens.

There has been cases where the dates did not even give any news (a certain Square Enix games, for example, was supposedly getting news in 2018, but nothing happened).

Ridley mains may be obligated to protect Pichu but we’ll protect the puppy secretary as well. Come at me.
I’m in some regards a Ridley main and i don’t see the problem with that.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ridley mains may be obligated to protect Pichu but we’ll protect the puppy secretary as well. Come at me.
Okay, but I'm also not allowed to go easy.

I like having an infinite amount of menacing Black Knights on my screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom