• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Okay, but I'm also not allowed to go easy.

I like having an infinite amount of menacing Black Knights on my screen.
I wish that the Advanced Wars assist trophy returned just to have a literal army of them in the stage.

D

Deleted member

Ridley mains may be obligated to protect Pichu but we’ll protect the puppy secretary as well. Come at me.
I play Luigi, and he likes dogs.
Green Mario will also protec the puppy. :ultluigi:

Oh, and Isabelle and Inkling are kiiiinda like siblings, they share the same dev team, after all. Inklings would also be a part of the Doggy Protection Squad.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i hope you guys know that saying things like "i don't think joker will be released until halfway through the year" is incredibly ignorant when we already know that we're getting every dlc character by early next year. what, are they gonna spend 7 months on joker and then **** the other four out? c'mon

D

Deleted member

I play Luigi, and he likes dogs.
Green Mario will also protec the puppy. :ultluigi:

Oh, and Isabelle and Inkling are kiiiinda like siblings, they share the same dev team, after all. Inklings would also be a part of the Doggy Protection Squad.
As a Metroid fan, i am glad to say that Samus protects animals.

So i will protect Isabelle too.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Katamari is freaking fantastic.
I always wanted to play it, seeing LPers playing it over the years it looked like a ton of fun.

Finally got the Switch version that just came out...man, am I disappointed by how much I hate how it controls.

Doing the simplest movements requires so much...effort. I don't do it intuitively at all.

Switching to simple controls helps, but still doesn't solve the issue because it still does the weird "turning left and right is up and down on the stick" thing that my brain refuses to accept.

It's bumming me out that I'm not having any fun with it because of this...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm convinced the developers were screwing around with some of the classic mode pictures.

:ultwiifittrainer: and :ultroy: prove it.

:ultchrom: picture is really cute though.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I always wanted to play it, seeing LPers playing it over the years it looked like a ton of fun.

Finally got the Switch version that just came out...man, am I disappointed by how much I hate how it controls.

Doing the simplest movements requires so much...effort. I don't do it intuitively at all.

Switching to simple controls helps, but still doesn't solve the issue because it still does the weird "turning left and right is up and down on the stick" thing that my brain refuses to accept.

It's bumming me out that I'm not having any fun with it because of this...
you know that the weird controls are like, half the point of the game right

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
i hope you guys know that saying things like "i don't think joker will be released until halfway through the year" is incredibly ignorant when we already know that we're getting every dlc character by early next year. what, are they gonna spend 7 months on joker and then **** the other four out? c'mon
That's actually entirely possible if they started making all of them at the same time once they finished working on the main game(which is what they claimed).

Piranha Plant actually feels like he was cut from the main roster, so he was almost finished. If they started making the 5 DLC characters at the same time, you could very easily get nobody for 6 months, then get everyone in the latter half of the year.
you know that the weird controls are like, half the point of the game right
Well, I guess it's fine if it's not fun then...as long as it's the POINT.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm convinced the developers were screwing around with some of the classic mode pictures.

:ultwiifittrainer: and :ultroy: prove it.

:ultchrom: picture is really cute though.
Have you not seen this glorious thing?

I can sense the power.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Roy and Roy though?

That's a power couple if I ever saw one.
My theory about Roy’s Classic mode picture:

It is a reference to his reveal trailer in Smash 4, and is making peaces with Roy Koopa after beating him during his reveal.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the record, here's the timeline I think we're working with.

February - Piranha Plant release and full Joker trailer
Late April - Joker release and full DLC2 trailer
July - DLC2 release and full DLC3 trailer
Late September - DLC3 release and full DLC4 trailer
December - DLC4 release and full DLC5 trailer
February 2020 - DLC5 release and Sakurai takes a thousand year nap

D

Deleted member

Seems reasonable.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Roy and Roy though?

That's a power couple if I ever saw one.
Roy and Roy remind me those two guys in highschool that always hang out together even though one looks like a middleschooler and the other like an adult.

My theory about Roy’s Classic mode picture:

It is a reference to his reveal trailer in Smash 4, and is making peaces with Roy Koopa after beating him during his reveal.

It's not a theory, they're both same jokes.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I can’t see Joker releasing post-E3 simply because we have a deadline for the release of all these characters: February 2020.

By releasing the DLC starting in June, you only have 7-8 months to announce and release 4 characters, which is really starting to push it.

Especially with a constantly shrinking number of people working on the DLC.

D

Deleted member

You really expect Nintendo to not show Smash DLC at E3?

D

Deleted member

Around April is when I was thinking Joker would come out, yeah. I think Fighter Pack 2 could be an "Available now!" thing at E3, but I could also see early July.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm slowly realizing Bowser is one of, if not my favorite Mario character. He's hilarious in the rpgs.
Wario and Waluigi are right up there, though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

This makes the most sense. Even if I desperately wish they’d come out faster, a faster speed would literally require Sakurai to merge his brain with the development computer.

You really expect Nintendo to not show Smash DLC at E3?
Honestly yes. I think Nintendo is gonna focus on something else at E3. Maybe a big character like Banjo being revealed at the very end of the direct.

Oh no. I brought up Banjo! The cycle is about to start all over again! Barton down the hatches mr Squidward!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm slowly realizing Bowser is one of, if not my favorite Mario character. He's hilarious in the rpgs.
I am so excited for Bowser's Inside Story on the 3DS. I unfortunately won't have the time to play it right away, but I'll probably pick it up around March or so.

I wish Smash Bowser had RPG Bowser's voice...

Imagine hearing him say "SHOWTIME" at the start of every match.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I am so excited for Bowser's Inside Story on the 3DS. I unfortunately won't have the time to play it right away, but I'll probably pick it up around March or so.

I wish Smash Bowser had RPG Bowser's voice...

Imagine hearing him say "SHOWTIME" at the start of every match.
The lack of Bowser's "GRAUUGH" or whatever noises he makes is a sin.

If Banjo gets in, I fear for his voice.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I’m so glad Nintendo uses the Mario RPGs to flesh out the personalities of these characters (cause we definitely don’t get any character development in the mainline games)

Bowser’s Inside Story made me love Bowser even more.

Hopefully with the 3DS release, they also take the time to flesh out Bowser Jr a bit more (the Koopalings too, but I’m mainly emphasizing Jr since it is his journey).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m so glad Nintendo uses the Mario RPGs to flesh out the personalities of these characters (cause we definitely don’t get any character development in the mainline games)

Hopefully with the 3DS release, they also take the time to flesh out Bowser Jr a bit more (the Koopalings too, but I’m mainly emphasizing Jr since it is his journey).
Hopefully we finally get an actual Paper Mario 3. Don’t really care. Just supporting for a friend.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I feel like the Koopalings have the potential for some really funny interactions. I hope they use them more in rpgs.

But not too much. They rely too much on them these days.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The lack of Bowser's "GRAUUGH" or whatever noises he makes is a sin.

If Banjo gets in, I fear for his voice.
That's silly, Banjo never had stock voice clips, unlike Bowser or DKC characters.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Super Paper Mario is Paper Mario 3.

Now when we'll get Paper Mario 4 is another question...
It's called Super Paper Mario.
Not according to Arlo.

Yes. I only care about this idea because of a YouTuber I like. He’s made it clear how much he wants a sequel to Thousand Year Door and he calls it “Paper Mario 3”. I just want to see him get what he wants.

I do think it would be cool to see all of the potential new partners. Especially with all of the new races in Sunshine, Galaxy, and Odyssey. Oh my god. Paper Geno.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom