• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Unrelated to the current topic but I wanted to ask since it came to mind while reading this, I had this in mind for Cynthia’s Milotic as her neutral special and I’d like to know if you guys think this would work:

Mirror Coat-a counter that does average damage when countering normal attacks, but doubles the damage and knockback when countering a damage-dealing special move.

It seems fair.

I would be fine with that counter.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
or...I’m saying Fire Emblem’s representation isn’t a massive as you make it and should stop discarding every other thing the series has in Smash
I've explained, like, 4 times now that I'm not, but you refuse to hear it and keep making my argument something it's not.

...until Fire Emblem has more of everything than any of the big three franchises of Nintendo, that’s when you can ***** about the series in Smash
Or, I'll ***** about it now because your qualifications are stupid.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sign me up, please. I'm so ready for another character with ice powers.
I put Ice Beam in my idea for Cynthia’s Milotic if that counts...

Yeah who else would be be an interesting fighter with ice powers? If he made more than one appearance, I think Rundas from Metroid would’ve been cool.
(Pun slightly intended)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I put Ice Beam in my idea for Cynthia’s Milotic if that counts...

Who else would be be an interesting fighter with ice powers? If he made more than one appearance, I think Rundas from Metroid would’ve been cool.
(Pun slightly intended)
I am all in for Rundas.

He rocks.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know, I think Fjorm from Fire Emblem Heroes could be an interesting fighter. She's a lance user with ice powers.
- Ice Powers
- Flip jump recovery based off of her finishing animation from Heroes.
- Potential revenge-esque "counter" in Ice Mirror.
- As much as I'd hate to admit it, cool character design.

She's probably one of the FE characters who has the most going for her in terms of uniqueness and I hate that about her. Why does that boring mobile game character with hardly any personality* she have so much potential compared to the other guys?

*Yeah I know I was a Corrin supporter but I have a fairly strong bias for dragons okay?

Last edited:

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd weight things at about:

20 Rep - Unique Fighter
20 Rep - Boss
10 Rep - Echo Fighter
10 Rep - Assist Trophy
10 Rep - Stage
5 Rep - Mii Costume
5 Rep - Item
2 Rep - Song
1 Rep - Spirit
Fighters are the only thing that matters in a fighting game. People don't buy smash brothers because of a stupid item or sticker. Some fun stages are just a bonus.

Also I just finished classic mode with Peach, I now have validation for always referring to Robins book as his Bible.

D

Deleted member

- Ice Powers
- Flip jump recovery based off of her finishing animation from Heroes.
- Potential revenge-esque "counter" in Ice Mirror.
- As much as I'd hate to admit it, cool character design.

She's probably one of the FE characters who has the most going for her in terms of uniqueness and I hate that about her. Why does that boring mobile game character with hardly any personality* she have so much potential compared to the other guys?

*Yeah I know I was a Corrin supporter but I have a fairly strong bias for dragons okay?
I don't see Fjorm being from a mobile game as a problem. If she can be made into a good fighter, then I say put her in.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Personally, I'd weight things at about:

20 Rep - Unique Fighter
20 Rep - Boss
10 Rep - Echo Fighter
10 Rep - Assist Trophy
10 Rep - Stage
5 Rep - Mii Costume
5 Rep - Item
2 Rep - Song
1 Rep - Spirit
Pikmin:

Fighter - 20
Boss - 0
Echo - 0
Assist - 10
Stage - 20
Costume - 0
Item - 5
Music - 28
Spirits - 24

Total Points: 107

Kid Icarus:

Fighter - 40
Boss - 0
Echo - 10
Assist - 10
Stage - 30
Costume - 5
Item - 30
Music - 26
Spirits - 26

Total Points: 177

This needs to change ASAP.

D

Deleted member

Also, I suck at FPS game, as demonstrated by my "skills" in Wolfenstien lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't see Fjorm being from a mobile game as a problem. If she can be made into a good fighter, then I say put her in.
Okay but like, I'm super biased so I hate the idea of a mobile original getting in before another FE character.

No but seriously though, I think what really actually bugs me about Fjorm is that I never took Heroes's story seriously at all, so it kind of bugs me when they make a huge deal out of their OCs but never actually focus on the heroes. I didn't play Heroes for its OCs, I played it for the crossover. I guess it's the same sort of thing that bugs me about Galleom being back when Rayquaza, Porky, Petey, or some other new boss could have been there instead.

If she got in though (which I'm not counting on at all) I'd be mature about it and not get needlessly angry over "character slots" or whatever. I wouldn't want to be like those haters I always complain about.

D

Deleted member

Okay but like, I'm super biased so I hate the idea of a mobile original getting in before another FE character.

No but seriously though, I think what really actually bugs me about Fjorm is that I never took Heroes's story seriously at all, so it kind of bugs me when they make a huge deal out of their OCs but never actually focus on the heroes. I didn't play Heroes for its OCs, I played it for the crossover. I guess it's the same sort of thing that bugs me about Galleom being back when Rayquaza, Porky, Petey, or some other new boss could have been there instead.

If she got in though (which I'm not counting on at all) I'd be mature about it and not get needlessly angry over "character slots" or whatever. I wouldn't want to be like those haters I always complain about.
That's fine man. I just think Fjorm could make a solid fighter.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Pikmin:

Fighter - 20
Boss - 0
Echo - 0
Assist - 10
Stage - 20
Costume - 0
Item - 5
Music - 28
Spirits - 24

Total Points: 107

Kid Icarus:

Fighter - 40
Boss - 0
Echo - 10
Assist - 10
Stage - 30
Costume - 5
Item - 30
Music - 26
Spirits - 26

Truthfully, what other Pikmin fighter could there be except either Alph or Louie as an Olimar echo with rock Pikmin.

D

Deleted member

I just managed to gimp a level 9 Dark Samus CPU with Snake’s up taunt.
It feels powerful.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It doesn't help that with the sole exceptions of Alfonse and to a lesser extent Helbindi, pretty much all of the Heroes OCs are really underdeveloped. And while Alfonse has the most depth to him by far, he's literally just a run of the mill sword lord with nothing special about his fighting style due to the lack of complex animations in the game.

Poor Alfonse lol.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Truthfully, what other Pikmin fighter could there be except either Alph or Louie as an Olimar echo with rock Pikmin.
The two biggest candidates are Plasm Wraith, the villain and final boss of Pikmin 3, and a unique Louie, who could help represent the large amount of wildlife in the Pikmin franchise. Other characters who could work are Emperor Bulblax, or a Bulborb.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
The two biggest candidates are Plasm Wraith, the villain and final boss of Pikmin 3, and a unique Louie, who could help represent the large amount of wildlife in the Pikmin franchise. Other characters who could work are Emperor Bulblax, or a Bulborb.
How would Louie work as original? I have only played Pikmin 1 & 3. Doesn’t he just use Pikmin like Olimar?

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah that's pretty fun. You should try doing it online.
I tried to enter my Switch Online code this morning, but the dude at the register didn’t activate it. No online just yet.
Weren’t taunts removed online though?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Kid Icarus:

Fighter - 40
Boss - 0
Echo - 10
Assist - 10
Stage - 30
Costume - 5
Item - 30
Music - 26
Spirits - 26

Kid Icarus is fine as is, it's only got three games, and they try to ignore the entirety of the second one so you might as well just say two games.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I tried to enter my Switch Online code this morning, but the dude at the register didn’t activate it. No online just yet.
Weren’t taunts removed online though?
Yeah, that was the joke.
I'm super disappointed that I can't BM someone anymore without mashing down. It's super lame.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
NGL, I'd be up for Kiran(the summoner) from heroes as a fighter using smaller/less likely to be implemented Fire Emblem characters in their moveset...or even what he uses as a Fire Emblem pokeball/assist trophy equivalent.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Kid Icarus is fine as is, it's only got three games, and they try to ignore the entirety of the second one so you might as well just say two games.
They were comparing Kid Icarus to Pikmin, with the former having more representation according to whatever that point system is

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean I’m kinda on board for seeing Brittany playable as well no matter what route they take with her.

and no it’s not just because of my weakness for girls in glasses I swear

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, that was the joke.
I'm super disappointed that I can't BM someone anymore without mashing down. It's super lame.
Indeed. Now people won’t know wether or not I want them to show me their moves.

R O F L

Smash Ace
How would Louie work as original? I have only played Pikmin 1 & 3. Doesn’t he just use Pikmin like Olimar?
For the first part of Pikmin 2, yes. But the second half of the game Louie goes missing and you play as The President instead. During the second half, the game focuses on Louie's relationship with bugs and other wildlife through mail you receive each end of day, and is actually, along with the Titan Dweevil, the final boss of the game. For his moveset, he could use various enemies from the franchise as attacks.

Also btw if you liked 1 and 3 play 2. That game is superb.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They were comparing Kid Icarus to Pikmin, with the former having more representation according to whatever that point system is
I mean, Sakurai keeps cheesing my boy Alph, he ain't wrong.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I mean I’m kinda on board for seeing Brittany playable as well no matter what route they take with her.

and no it’s not just because of my weakness for girls in glasses I swear
Ngl if we had to get another Pikmin character, I would want it to be Brittany.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I want that big bird snake mother ****** from Pikmin to be playable. There's a lot of potential there, man.

They even made it an Assist Trophy. Next game, it'll be playable for sure.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
For the first part of Pikmin 2, yes. But the second half of the game Louie goes missing and you play as The President instead. During the second half, the game focuses on Louie's relationship with bugs and other wildlife through mail you receive each end of day, and is actually, along with the Titan Dweevil, the final boss of the game. For his moveset, he could use various enemies from the franchise as attacks.

Also btw if you liked 1 and 3 play 2. That game is superb.
I keep meaning to play 2, and I own it, but just haven’t gotten around to it. One day.

But that certainly sounds like an interesting move set with Louie, I’m just not sure Louie as a character is popular or iconic enough to warrant it. Maybe that’ll change with Pikmin 4 (when it comes out in like 10 years)?

I mean, Sakurai keeps cheesing my boy Alph, he ain't wrong.
I agree, Alph should have been an echo with rock Pikmin, hands down.

D

Deleted member

I'm slowly starting to realize that as much as love video games, I absolutely suck at them.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just camped out a Villager with Ivysaur on Elite Smash and I'm not sure of I should feel bad about that or not. On one hand, I was using a really annoying play style. On the other hand, it was a Villager main.

I feel very conflicted right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Regarding all this Pikmin talk, are the games enjoyable? I’ve never actually played one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom