• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe their Classic Modes could be them battling characters meant to represent the player? :ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultvillager::ultinkling::ultpokemontrainer::ultmiifighters: ending with those bosses?
No, because that'd be the exact same thing for each of them. Every Classic Mode is separate and unique. Echoes nor Clones have identical Classics either. The "Avatar" route never worked because it assumes they're just the same character. They aren't simply Miis, they're 3 unique classes and treated way more separately. The announcer even calls them Mii Swordfighter, Mii Brawler, and Mii Gunner, and they have their own VS Mode Renders and roster slots. They aren't actually grouped together fully anymore, so there's no reason to give them the same thing either. It's like having Samus/ZSS as well as all 3 Links with the exact same Classic. Or any Echo sharing the exact same one. It doesn't fully work as is nor have any real theme that adheres to the fact they're separated characters now.

I kind of wish they were added to the random button at least lol
That wouldn't much work? Unless you mean how you cannot have them as an option among Random in VS/etc.(where Mii Gunner, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Brawler are playable). I think it's because they have to also choose a lot more criteria, including which specifically saved character you made. That wasn't possible in 4 either(if I remember right), so I doubt it's simply cause Ultimate got rushed.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do I wanna know what arguments were made?
No, because that'd be the exact same thing for each of them. Every Classic Mode is separate and unique. Echoes nor Clones have identical Classics either. The "Avatar" route never worked because it assumes they're just the same character. They aren't simply Miis, they're 3 unique classes and treated way more separately. The announcer even calls them Mii Swordfighter, Mii Brawler, and Mii Gunner, and they have their own VS Mode Renders and roster slots. They aren't actually grouped together fully anymore, so there's no reason to give them the same thing either. It's like having Samus/ZSS as well as all 3 Links with the exact same Classic. Or any Echo sharing the exact same one. It doesn't fully work as is nor have any real theme that adheres to the fact they're separated characters now.
This, basically.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

That wouldn't much work? Unless you mean how you cannot have them as an option among Random in VS/etc.(where Mii Gunner, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Brawler are playable). I think it's because they have to also choose a lot more criteria, including which specifically saved character you made. That wasn't possible in 4 either(if I remember right), so I doubt it's simply cause Ultimate got rushed.
What about characters who share identical moves with the individual Mii Fighter types as opponents?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm trying to think of how it is really different from Mii Gunner, honestly. Or some options among Mii Swordfighter. I'm sure it could be, but this is one of those you need to see the moveset to see how it stands out.
You obviously have fake :ultrobin: moves. You can also have stat-boosting spells like :ultwiifittrainer: (or i guess that one move geno has).

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
It is for businesses. They have to pay again to license the costume. For them, it's easy money. It's pretty likely this is why too.

I won't pretend it's not annoying, but I expected it as soon as we found out all the 3rd party costumes were gone. At least they're still cheap. Also, you only pay for what's in the game. I'd be more annoyed if it was a port that tried to resell the costumes. But it's a new game. So new licenses and all. Also, how many 3rd party costumes were base roster in 4 anyway?
There weren't any 3rd Party Mii Fighter Costumes in the base game of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U..in fact, there weren't many 1st or 2nd Party Mii Fighter Costumes at all in the base game either, most of it was just their headgear if anything.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alrighty then, how about they have Classic modes that represent each step in creating a Mii Fighter:

-One could go through the avatar characters I mentioned representing the avatar creation
-One could go through characters that represent their custom moves. Example: :ultsamus:, :ultfox: & :ultsnake: for Gunner’s Neutral Specials
-One goes through characters in their alternate costumes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’d be 100% up for music DLC. If you think the soundtrack “leaves a lot to be desired” as is though, you’re on crack :p

Xenoblade - Amazing music as is, doesn’t really need remixes
Bayonetta - As the last new series added, she pretty much got “new” treatment already. You can count her as getting remixes
Sonic - Not sure why people thought the music selection style would suddenly change for this series after multiple games of no remixes but new ports
Oh, I know, I absolutely love Wario World, I had to refind it to buy it again a couple years ago as I'm slowly rebuilding my Gamecube collection (still need to find Star Fox Assault). At least Greenhorn Forest should really be in Smash.

I'm honestly kind of sad that Wario seems to only rep the WarioWare series in Smash..even the 1 Wario Land song they put in the game is just a remix of a song from WarioWare..making it not really a Wario Land song at all..

For that matter, I hate when the one song a particular series gets in Smash is just a remix from another game..like the previously mentioned Wario Land song and the 1 song they included from the Mega Man Zero series being Theme of Zero, itself a remix of Zero's Theme from Mega Man X (even the song name says this), Departure from Mega Man Zero 2 would have been a much better choice...for that matter, the lack of a MegaMan Battle Network song (particularly the main theme of the series) makes me sad since the other series got music in the game. I'll forgive Mega Man Legends since I've heard that game has a lot of licensing issues with its music and stuff during my days as a Capcom Moderator.
Now see, now you guys got me ready One of my biggest expectations going into Smash Ultimate was how they were gonna handle the music department, because I really feel a lot of series included could use some work in that department. My general feelings for Ultimate, going by each series...

:ultmiifighters: (Smash Bros Series) - I feel they really knocked this one out of the park, ESPECIALLY WITH THE WORLD OF LIGHT BOSS MUSIC. They even brought back all of the N64 music and even have a remix of Melee's How to Play. That's the kind of stuff I usually look for, bringing in content, while also bringing in some unexpected remixes.
:ultmario: (Mario Series) - Mixed. While I love SMB2/SMB3's Ground Themes, the boss themes from SMB3, Delfino Plaza and Luigi's mansion, that's all we got for new Mario remixes? Really? You couldn't have gone for even remixing a song from Super Mario Odyssey? It's kinda insane how Breath of the Wild had essentially three new remixes and Odyssey got essentially none, even though both games shared development time back before the Switch reveal. While I love hearing Fossil Falls and Jump Up, Super Star!, what would interest me even more is how the music department take those songs. Hopefully we do get music updates.
:ultdk: (Donkey Kong Series) - Maaaan, did they finally do Donkey Kong justice. While the new Donkey Kong Country games definitely have some memorable music, all these new OG Donkey Kong Country remixes are what I feel was missing for Donkey Kong. We never really had much to go off of other than Bramble Blast. Now? Snakey Chantey and Crocodile Cacophony made me ****ing ascend to another plane of existence. AND THEY EVEN PORTED SOME OG DKC TRACKS. When I saw Ice Cave Chant and Funky's Fugue, I smiled so much. I always felt that Smash Bros. was missing some of the OG DKC music flair, and man, did Ultimate fix that complaint up really good. Also, that DK Jr. Medley is fire.
:ultlink: (Zelda Series) - I've always been a casual Zelda fan, but damn did they really knock out the Zelda remixes. Midna's Lament and Termina Field really have no right to be that good. The treatment Breath of the Wild got was also stellar too, and Kass's Theme is best Zelda remix, after conducting Years of Research. Now see, remember what I said eariler, I'm a "casual Zelda fan" so I don't have as much nostalgia or love for past Zelda franchises as the next person, BUT, I feel that overall there wasn't a disappointment to be seen.
:ultsamus: (Metroid Series) - I'm just starting to get into the Metroid-like games, with such games like Axiom Verge and the like, but I think if anything, the remixes and treatment of the franchise, at least in my eyes, was pretty good. I would've liked to see a bit more Super Metroid representation, but they had some songs from the most recent Metroid: Prime Returns, so that kinda evens it out a bit. Overall, not disappointed.
:ultyoshi: (Yoshi Series) - Bummed a bit. The fact that there was only one new remix and it was for Yoshi's New Island - a game which was pretty much universally panned - yet was a pretty good track, is insane. There's still plenty of memorable tracks from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and even Yoshi's Story, like the Cave Theme from SNES and Jungle Fever that they haven't still included yet. I dunno, I feel as if Yoshi has always been this series that has been hampered by Nintendo themselves from reaching it's true potential.
:ultkirby: (Kirby Series) - I love Kirby games and Kirby music. How the **** did we get only two remixes? There's SO MUCH Kirby music still left to either be put in, remixed or both. Am I glad that we finally got Fatal Blooms in Moonlight and CROWNED? Yes. Should they've already been in the previous Smash game? Also yes. This is another Mario situation where I feel torn. They really could've went ham, but only two remixes and not digging deep enough again? How have we gone this long without including Factory Inspection or ****ing MASKED DEDEDE'S THEME? We better not continue to be left out on those, that's for sure.
:ultfox: (Star Fox Series) - Very disappointed there wasn't any new remixes or new... anything, really. Star Fox has a pretty stellar record on the music department, and even hearing Star Fox Zero's music for the first time, not that bad at all. The lack of any new Star Fox Assault music too, remix or port, is also pretty disappointing too. While I'll always love hearing the old remixes of these songs, not taking creative liberties and going ham on this series just makes me feel as if Nintendo probably will never push this series seriously anytime soon, if this is any indicator.
:ultpikachu:(Pokemon Series) - THEY DID IT. THEY ****ING REMIXED ZINNIA'S THEME. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE REST, THEY DID THE ONE THING THEY NEEDED TO DO AND DID IT RIGHT.
:ultfalcon:(F-Zero Series) - Oh. This series exists. And did it have amazing ****ing remixes? Yes, it did. Big Blue's new remix blew away my mind, and the F-Zero Medley made by the DAYTONAAAAAA composer also blew my groin away. Hell, we even got a remix of Sand Ocean and more songs from F-Zero SNES! Though, I will admit, I would've like to have seen more songs from F-Zero X from the N64. But other than that, I feel pretty satisfied with F-Zero. Now please Nintendo, make another ****ing F-Zero game.
:ultness::ultlucas:(EarthBound / Mother 3) - OHOHOHOHO, HERE'S WHERE IT GETS REAL ****ING GOOD. Okay, so we got only two new remixes. And it's made by the composer from the Mario Tennis series. While they're nice, I would sometimes prefer to Smash For's remixes, and I feel that they did EarthBound / MOTHER more justice in Smash For, in the music department. Oh, and aside from that, not even a single port. Pretty devastated that this is the "Ultimate" Smash Bros., yet we still haven't had "Porky Means Business!" **** dude, not even a song from Mother 3? That **** is just as good of a gold mine as EarthBound, for Christ's sake.
:ultmarth:(Fire Emblem Series) - Hey, it's something related to Fire Emblem I don't hate. As someone who's a complete outsider, I feel while 40 Fire Emblem songs is a bit insane, I haven't felt at all disappointed with anything. Hell, the new Lost in Thoughts All Alone remix is pretty ****ing good, and honestly, that's how I feel for every new Fire Emblem remix. They feel as if they did the series more justice than ever. Though... That Code Name: F.E. song is uh... Yeah.
:ultgnw::ulticeclimbers: (Game & Watch / Ice Climber) - Not even a new song. **** you, Sakurai. :dazwa:
:ultpit:(Kid Icarus Series) - I have yet to play Kid Icarus: Uprising, but I still feel that the music in that game is absolutely fantastic. Though, it does make me pretty sullen that we practically have the same song setlist from Smash For. There seems to be so much hidden potential that the game brings for new remixes, that it's pretty shocking that there wasn't even a new song AT ALL for Ultimate.
:ultwario: (Wario Series) - Wow. Talk about an utter catastrophe. It really is insane how this is the THIRD Smash game that Wario is in, yet we realistically only have 8 songs. You have the Wario Land series, other WarioWare games like Smooth Moves, and again, WARIOWORLD. Yet we still can't get even a single port for ANY of these games I've mentioned? If there was anything I was upset about for Smash Ultimate, it'd be this, to be honest. I really hope that we get music updates, cause I feel Ultimate needs them for series like this.
:ultolimar: (Pikmin Series) - It's weird to think that "Oh hey, Pikmin exists." but man... I think it's because of how long since I've played the games is why I don't know how to feel. I am glad, however, the series got two new remixes. They feel pretty home to the franchise, and the four new songs from Hey! Pikmin are also a surprise, too. I think they've done this series right, but I think it's because of literally, how alien this franchise is, is where I keep on being like "oh, this is a thing lol"
:ultwiifittrainer: (Wii Fit Series) - ...Uh... We got two new remixes, that's cool? Look, I don't play fitness games. :drshrug:
:ultlittlemac: (Punch-Out!! Series) - This is where I feel, "why even include this series in Smash in the first place?" While it may not look like it, Punch-Out!! does have some pretty memorable tracks, even if it's just leitmotifs of the same theme. Soda Popinski and Mr. Sandman's Theme would've been an absolute blast to hear, especially Popinski. But I think if anything, no representation for Super Punch-Out!! at all? While the Wii reboot of Punch-Out!! will always be utter brilliance, we also gotta remember how we've gotten here with Punch-Out, and that game helped that franchise expand. I dunno, just feels like another mixed bag.
:ultshulk: (Xenoblade Chronicles Series) - AHAHAHA, NOW THIS IS A FUNNY JOKE, SAKURAI. REALLY ****ING FUNNY JOKE. Pretty much the same sentiments of how I felt with EarthBound / Mother - potential that was utterly wasted. The fact there wasn't a single remix and the only remix that's there is the haphazardly-made "Xenoblade Chronicles Medley" is severely asinine. I think what even hurts more is that they even have the ****ing gall to include music from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, yet not even include Counterattack. That song is pretty much the "Super Mario Bros. Theme Song" of that damn game, yet you don't include it? And look, I like "Still, Move Forward!", but would I rather have songs from Torna: The Golden Country or even Battle Above the Skies? Absolutely. Again, really ****ing funny joke, Sakurai.
:ultinkling: (Splatoon Series) - The first new franchise for Smash Ultimate, no past remixes, all new. As just getting into Splatoon with the help of Splatoon 2, I feel that the new remixes did the series quite well, and even some representation for Splatoon 2 is well deserved. I know some people who'd be pretty miffed if Ebb & Flow didn't make it. The setlist for Splatoon in Smash Ultimate really does seem to "fit that Splatoon mold" and I don't really have any big complaints.
:ultsnake: (Metal Gear Series) - GO, LET THE LEGEND COME BACK TO LIFE. **** me man, I'm just glad to see these songs back in a Smash game, though to see a remix of Snake Eater - which is fantastic, those of you who say this remix sucks are aliens - and Theme of Solid Snake? Oh yeah. More of that, please. Hell, even seeing ****ing Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker's theme is insane, which is again, another song that isn't on a Nintendo platform. Seeing the remixes, ports, new remixes... I can't help but feel so happy.
:ultsonic: (Sonic Series) - ...See, this is where we have a problem. You include Sonic Mania music, which by the way, Studiopolis Zone is amazing, but... yet at the same time include Sonic Forces music? Which, by the way, has more songs than Mania. Also no new remixes. I've kinda just given up on the hope that Sonic will have some comeuppance for justice in the music department for Smash.
:ultmegaman: (Mega Man Series) - Jesus. H. Christ. They REALLY went all out on Mega Man. These new remixes never missed a single step, and they even took the time to give some representation to the lesser known Mega Man games, like Star Force, Zero and X5 even! I don't think that there'll ever be a moment where Nintendo stops making fun of Capcom with treating Mega Man the respect the franchise really does deserve, and the assault of new remixes for Ultimate really does make it feel "Ultimate".
:ultpacman: (Pac-Man Series) - Always a joy to see the classics, but can we talk about that Mappy Medley. That **** is illegal to be that good. :nifty:
:ultryu: (Street Fighter Series) - WE GOT THE CPS2 VERSION OF GUILE'S THEME AND THAT'S ALL THAT ****ING MATTERS.
:ultcloud: (FINAL FANTASY VII / Final Fantasy Series) - **** you, Square. That's all.
:ultbayonetta: (Bayonetta Series) - As someone who just became a recent huge fan, it does shock me as how it's still just the same setlist as in Smash For. Why no Moon River? Or hell, even just more of the original or the sequel? And again, we're in a timeline where Fly Me To The Moon is left out in Smash, yet again. While I get that those two songs specifically are actual real life songs and would maybe be licensing hell, those two songs are practically what made Bayonetta. Who knows, man.
:ultsimon: (Castlevania Series) - Yes, sir. I'll take all of this. Man, if we all thought that Mega Man got respect, I don't think there is a single franchise that got first-class treatment other than Castlevania, and yes, I'm even including Mario and Zelda. ****ing non-stop banger. After banger. AFTER ****ING BANGER. THIS IS WHAT I LIKE TO ****ING SEE. These new remixes are too good, these ports to hear are too good, just... ****, I'm so glad that Castlevania got so much love. It deserves it after the hell it got from Konami.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Now see, now you guys got me ready One of my biggest expectations going into Smash Ultimate was how they were gonna handle the music department, because I really feel a lot of series included could use some work in that department. My general feelings for Ultimate, going by each series...

:ultness::ultlucas:(EarthBound / Mother 3) - OHOHOHOHO, HERE'S WHERE IT GETS REAL ****ING GOOD. Okay, so we got only two new remixes. And it's made by the composer from the Mario Tennis series. While they're nice, I would sometimes prefer to Smash For's remixes, and I feel that they did EarthBound / MOTHER more justice in Smash For, in the music department. Oh, and aside from that, not even a single port. Pretty devastated that this is the "Ultimate" Smash Bros., yet we still haven't had "Porky Means Business!" **** dude, not even a song from Mother 3? That **** is just as good of a gold mine as EarthBound, for Christ's sake.

:ultshulk: (Xenoblade Chronicles Series) - AHAHAHA, NOW THIS IS A FUNNY JOKE, SAKURAI. REALLY ****ING FUNNY JOKE. Pretty much the same sentiments of how I felt with EarthBound / Mother - potential that was utterly wasted. The fact there wasn't a single remix and the only remix that's there is the haphazardly-made "Xenoblade Chronicles Medley" is severely asinine. I think what even hurts more is that they even have the ****ing gall to include music from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, yet not even include Counterattack. That song is pretty much the "Super Mario Bros. Theme Song" of that damn game, yet you don't include it? And look, I like "Still, Move Forward!", but would I rather have songs from Torna: The Golden Country or even Battle Above the Skies? Absolutely. Again, really ****ing funny joke, Sakurai.
  1. You keep bringing up this game's name is "Ultimate" and it still doesn't mean anything.
  2. Didn't Sakurai said he's not responsible from every single music track?

D

Deleted member

1. You keep bringing up this game's name is "Ultimate" and it still doesn't mean anything.
  2. Didn't Sakurai said he's not responsible from every single music track?
It sorta means something when they market this game as "the biggest Smash Bros. game ever". While we sorta had the message of a Smash game always getting bigger and bigger with each game, especially Brawl's "Brawl to End them All!", I don't think it's too much to ask for the music department to go all out when they specifically made this game's motif alone as "the greatest Smash game". Hell, when even Japan calls the game "Special", I would at least hope it'd be "Special" for some franchises' music.

And look, I need someone to blame anyways. I know it's the composer department. :dazwa:

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
What about normals.
They could have a decent number of attacks that produce magical bursts at certain ranges and with dead zones in between them and the player, giving them a lot of zoning potential even just with normals but making it tricky to use as they’ll whiff entirely if the opponent is too close. Or, they could have both an up close hitbox and a distant hitbox, kind of like many of the attacks of Brawl Minus Zelda. I feel deadzones aren’t really explored enough in the current Smash movesets, but IDK, maybe it would be too annoying to use.

(On a related tangent, there isn’t a Mii class that’s a puppet fighter yet, so...)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Tbh, I'm still on the camp "irregular menus are a thing" but if we're going to get a surprise stage, it doesn't have to tied to a character.

What I'm getting is, we'll get a Yoshi's Crafted World stage.
Since they cut Wooly World for no clear reason, it's probably that but rethemed to Crafted World.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Oh they're there. You can call it "assuming the worst", but I call it "show's over".
I'm assuming that you're referring to these two statements in these two interviews:
Sakurai said:
As for Persona music, he says he purchases the soundtracks and always listens to them. For Persona 5’s acid jazz battle theme, Sakurai says it isn’t fitting for a battle theme, and if it were Smash Bros. it definitely wouldn’t be a battle theme, yet to have the sense to still push that is something Sakurai finds quite remarkable.
Sakurai said:
As we make the DLC fighters, the team involved will continue to shrink. Until now I’ve been overseeing hundreds of peoples’ work, so my work as a director is about to get relatively light. Of course, we have to plan the next DLC character, and the next… and so on and so forth. I planned in advance and set aside some funds, though, so we’ve got a bit of a surplus compared to earlier on.
I wouldn't read too far into the first statement. It seems like Sakurai is saying that if he were the one in charge, the acid jazz battle theme wouldn't be a thing, not that it won't be in Smash Bros. Regardless, there's a precedent for no vocals within game tracks as Bayonetta's tracks all lacked vocals.

I find the second one much more interesting, but without further information I'll remain skeptical. I wouldn't be surprised if we do only get 1 Fighters Pass though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Since they cut Wooly World for no clear reason, it's probably that but rethemed to Crafted World.
Eh, it might be just "we didn't have enough time".

And before someone says "but they brought back X", we gone through the same thing with Mewtwo in Brawl.

you mean puppeteer fighters?
Oops, our bad. Puppet fighter should be Geno.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Name a character..
- Not your ultimate wish.
- Originated from a game.
- E-rated.
- Not talked about much.
- No one expects to join Smash.
- Either popular or have a history in gaming.
- Adds real significance to Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Name a character..
- E-rated.
- Not talked about much.
listen you cant just put a list that specifically applies to goemon and expect a gajillion other characters to apply to the same list :smirk: mike jones

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Are the Pokemon LG P/E Support Spirits showing up for anyone on the Spirit Board? If so, do you have either LGE or LGP?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Name a character..
- E-rated.
- Not talked about much.
Define "real significance".

D

Deleted member

If y'all are interested to see how Japan is responding to Smash Ultimate in various areas, including DLC wants, here's a recent report that Abadango retweeted out from. Here's what I got as a quick translation.
Source: http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/kikakuthetower/181228g

Quick Ones: The most preferred controller is the Switch Pro Controller. Online Mode has been the most played, second most played mode is Adventure Mode: World of Light. And most people who have played Ultimate have played Brawl in the past with a whopping 96.84%.

Now, onto the main stuff.

Top 5 Favorite Characters
  1. Kirby - 8.67%
  2. Mario - 5.55%
  3. Link - 4.06%
  4. Pikachu - 3.04%
  5. Zelda - 2.98%
Top 5 Characters Who Think Are The Strongest
  1. King K. Rool - 20.23%
  2. Inkling - 11.30%
  3. Pikachu - 5.22%
  4. Isabelle - 4.70%
  5. Bayonetta - 2.73%
Top 5 Favorite Stages
  1. Final Destination - 17.87%
  2. Temple - 5.56%
  3. Fountain of Dreams - 5.31%
  4. Battlefield - 4.73%
  5. Hyrule Castle N64 - 4.40%
Top 5 Preferred Rulesets
  1. 3-Stock - 47.47%
  2. 2-Stock - 27.35%
  3. Time - 3:00 - 7.17%
  4. Time - 2:30 - 5.54%
  5. 1-Stock - 2.41%
Top 10 Most Wanted DLC Characters
  1. Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) - 79
  2. Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - 60
  3. Bandana Dee (Kirby) - 43
  4. Geno (Super Mario RPG) - 33
  5. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie) - 32
  6. 2B (NieR: Automata) - 30
  7. Hunter (Monster Hunter) - 30
  8. Dante (Devil May Cry) - 28
  9. sans (Undertale) - 22
  10. Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) - 20

osby

Smash Obsessed
Top 5 Favorite Stages
  2. Temple - 5.56%
  4. Battlefield - 4.73%
Nice to see people giving Temple the respect it deserves. Also, damn, people really do want Rex.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
If y'all are interested to see how Japan is responding to Smash Ultimate in various areas, including DLC wants, here's a recent report that Abadango retweeted out from. Here's what I got as a quick translation.
Source: http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/kikakuthetower/181228g

Quick Ones: The most preferred controller is the Switch Pro Controller. Online Mode has been the most played, second most played mode is Adventure Mode: World of Light. And most people who have played Ultimate have played Brawl in the past with a whopping 96.84%.

Now, onto the main stuff.

Top 5 Favorite Characters
  1. Kirby - 8.67%
  2. Mario - 5.55%
  3. Link - 4.06%
  4. Pikachu - 3.04%
  5. Zelda - 2.98%
Top 5 Characters Who Think Are The Strongest
  1. King K. Rool - 20.23%
  2. Inkling - 11.30%
  3. Pikachu - 5.22%
  4. Isabelle - 4.70%
  5. Bayonetta - 2.73%
Top 5 Favorite Stages
  2. Temple - 5.56%
  4. Battlefield - 4.73%
Top 5 Preferred Rulesets
  1. 3-Stock - 47.47%
  2. 2-Stock - 27.35%
  3. Time - 3:00 - 7.17%
  4. Time - 2:30 - 5.54%
  5. 1-Stock - 2.41%
Top 10 Most Wanted DLC Characters
  1. Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) - 79
  2. Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - 60
  3. Bandana Dee (Kirby) - 43
  4. Geno (Super Mario RPG) - 33
  5. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie) - 32
  6. 2B (NieR: Automata) - 30
  7. Hunter (Monster Hunter) - 30
  8. Dante (Devil May Cry) - 28
  9. sans (Undertale) - 22
  10. Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) - 20
Huh...? Isn't #9 in Smash already?

D

Deleted member

Nice to see people giving Temple the respect it deserves. Also, damn, people really do want Rex.
If there's anything I've seen from Japan is that if they want a character, they will never ****ing stop pushing.

This was pretty evident with King K. Rool back during Smash For, especially with the whole Mii Costume thing. But even with K. Rool having a Mii Costume, did that stop the Japanese? Of course not. The OG Donkey Kong Country trilogy is seen by the Japanese as a "supreme master-class", especially DKC2, so I see why Japan would want K. Rool so much during these years.

Something I've noticed is that when Japan collectively pushes a character if they appear number one on so many polls, just like King K. Rool, they usually tend to get their wishes granted, more so than here in America and other countries, which makes me really sus about Rex & Pyra.

I know that some people are feeling fishy about no Porky spirit in lieu for the Absolutely Safe Capsule, but I dunno, having no Counterattack alongside XBC2 content makes me feel a bit sus, especially after the praise Sakurai gives that game and with Nintendo pushing the IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom