• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Dutch van der Linde for Smash.

He just... he just needs some money

His stage is Tahiti

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh hey; that was a legit question; I wasn't intented to hurt any of the Poochy fans.

But I don't think talking about Micaiah is a fair comparison because well... wanting a Fire Emblem Character at this point is mostly because of their personal appeal, because the Series already has 7 Characters counting the Echoes (so, technically the FE Icon was already used several times).

Micaiah4Smash BTW!
Just wanted to point it out is all. Thanks for understanding.

D

Deleted member

Okay this is a very minor gripe, but the selection of spirits for the streetpass mii plaza games is truly awful.
Most of them are these soulless characters from the new games no one has played, while the CHAD OGs are left in the dust. Who the **** is nico flame? Where the hell is the guy who helped build your army in that war game? They included Gold Bone at least, but then you realise that your own captain from the very same game is nowhere to be seen. They don’t even include the gardening guys. What’s wrong with you Sack Of Rye? Why do you forsake us?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay this is a very minor gripe, but the selection of spirits for the streetpass mii plaza games is truly awful.
Most of them are these soulless characters from the new games no one has played, while the CHAD OGs are left in the dust. Who the **** is nico flame? Where the hell is the guy who helped build your army in that war game? They included Gold Bone at least, but then you realise that your own captain from the very same game is nowhere to be seen. They don’t even include the gardening guys. What’s wrong with you Sack Of Rye? Why do you forsake us?
WHERE /IS/ THE BUTLER HOMIE NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don’t understand why they didn’t go with the nunchuck! It would’ve at least improved the control issues!
Because Yoshio Sakamoto thought that "limited control scheme" meant "good control scheme".

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey everyone. Just interrupting my vacation to stop by and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. It’s been a fun and crazy year of speculation and I’m glad and honored to have spent it with you.

I hope all of your days went great and wish you all a great week.

Iridium

Smash Hero
A Deku Tree spirit would be cool. Maybe it could be applied to a giant Ivysaur, but it takes gradual damage with a flower on its head, although it has relatively high resistance to knockback.

Or Deku Baba, obviously for :ultpiranha:, which I guess does more damage the closer the opponent is, or something like that. Basically, better at close range.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We're about six days from 2018 being over. The entire year, gone.

So I wanna ask you, what were your favorite Smashboards moments of 2018?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Hm. Great question. I have a few.

1) Being told they would never have a Smash game without cuts, only for my dream to come true and have no cuts, AND Snake return at E3. I felt validated as one of the only Smash fans who vocalized the possibility frequently.

2) the bamboozlememt of Piranha Plant DLC.

3) Not because I like to see sadness of other people, but the mayhem of the Grinch leak

4) Seeing some awesome posters/regulars have some good ideas

5) Certain fan rules/bad ideas get blown the **** out by Smash directs

6) Enjoying Smash Ultimate for the last 3 weeks

Iridium

Smash Hero

The day I realized I'll never have a stan account.

I guess getting on the Rankings Team (although I need a computer to do more), and having plenty of people to talk to.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every time I logged off was a highlight.
More seriously, the grinch leak period was pretty fun overall.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Now that Bayo doesn't look degenerate I might end up maining her. Bayonetta is probably my favourite game represented in Smash.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just realized that it's been exactly 7 months since I first posted in this thread. Now I can't tell if I changed in any way since then.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
No, there really shouldn't. Because the majority of people that play games play like game journalists.

If you want a pro player's perspective, there are plenty of them out there giving them.
Seems pretty weird to me that people think they're actually going to end up adding THREE Metroid characters in one game.
Game Journalist are supposed to be Professionals.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Hoo boy.

Picking a singular moment is hard.

Mostly because the year is usually a blur for me, and there were quite a few good ones.

For the stuff I was personally involved in, the insanity of "Steamed Smash" (btw, going back to that time, I... kinda low-key predicted Joker as DLC) and "Dracula Conversations" were highlights for me.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

1) Creating an account
2) Calling “no cuts” for the longest time, despite most people not believing it
3) Watching people lose their **** over the box theory and the Grinch leak
4) Meeting people who actually know the characters I want to support
5) Whenever the site crashes (so like 30% of the time)
6) Noipoi art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom