• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Cut the sarcastic bull****.

This has nothing to do with what I think of the character because I am completely neutral on Poochy as a character.
As in, UNLIKE those that are trying to promote Poochy as a bigger deal than he truly is while downplaying other characters.

I'm just one of the few that seems to actually THINK LOGICALLY instead of use my bias to guide my judgment.
Dude I agree with your points but you act kinda like a douche in your delivery

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
As someone who likes Fates, the amount of venom and hostility it gets is kind of funny to me.

I honestly can't wait for Three Houses. It's gonna be a good time, especially if we get some Smash DLC. ;)
I feel like they made FE more challenging with fates but the personality of the characters, story, and the s+ cutscenes were kind of lacking. The story seemed better in FE:A.

I think fates was just trying to get money though, they released basically one game and then split it into two charging for a game for both of those smaller subsets of a whole. People say "Oh you're definitely getting charged for a whole game". The quality is just not the same, the same assets are used but with a different side to the story.

D

Deleted member

Cut the sarcastic bull****.

This has nothing to do with what I think of the character because I am completely neutral on Poochy as a character.
As in, UNLIKE those that are trying to promote Poochy as a bigger deal than he truly is while downplaying other characters.

I'm just one of the few that seems to actually THINK LOGICALLY instead of use my bias to guide my judgment.
Dude, it is 100% impossible to be unbiased when talking about Smash characters. Half of any predictions list are simply what people want.

You're taking this Poochy stuff a little too seriously, honestly. TBH no one in Smash apart from characters with actual household name recognition is "A big deal". And honestly? Outside the echo chamber that is the internet and fanbases, very few Smash characters are actually that popular.

The very fact this is upsetting you as much as it seems it is tells me your not a fan of the idea and are purposely picking fights about it. Also, for one speaking about objectivity, you just threw your opinion of a subjective matter as objective and "logical".

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
And we all know such minor characters would NEVER get paid DLC, which MUST be enticing for EVERYONE to b-

:ultpiranha:

uh oh

Before you bust out the well he's free excuse: yeah, for a month. He's gonna be free for a very small percent of the games lifespan.
There's a reason why that piece of garbage is free for a month and the rest is paid.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly I think arguing that a side character that's only starting to see much popularity in a sub series is more well known than an enemy that has been present since the beginning of one of the biggest series in gaming is a bit silly.
Poochie, whether you like him or not, is a lot more obscure than a species that not only is pretty much everywhere in Mario but has been represented in Smash in multiple other ways before.

Whether we like PP or not the grand majority of people know who and what it is. Only the people who play the more recent Yoshi games will likely know who Poochie is.

Last edited:

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
TRACER4SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
The definition of harassment disagrees with your accusations. :drshrug: Chill out.
I mean to be fair, you guys are poking at him. The way Gold approaches things might not be calm and collected but his point comes across.

I highly recommend taking a step back and reading the cynicism in your post and tell me how he's not supposed to get annoyed when he sees comments like that.

D

Deleted member

Oh man, are people mad about characters again?

Actually, I shouldn't even ask. That kinda stuff is an hourly occurrence, isn't it?

Seriously though, chill out. Nobody's trying to ruin anyone's life here.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I highly recommend taking a step back and reading the cynicism in your post and tell me how he's not supposed to get annoyed when he sees comments like that.
I never said I wasn't cynical, I'm saying I'm not harassing him. I hardly consider myself intimidating. Exploiting anger is a bad habit.

What did a piece of foliage do to you?
It ate his pet fly.

Orcs>>>>>time manipulators
this guy gets it

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I’m not going to be 100% against PP.

But even if you consider us already being bottom of the barrel, there are still plenty of characters that would’ve been better recieved to be included before a Pirahna Plant.

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I never said I wasn't cynical, I'm saying I'm not harassing him. I hardly consider myself intimidating. Exploiting anger is a bad habit.

It ate his pet fly.

this guy gets it
Regardless the point of your post was to tell him to relax the post preceding the one saying you aren't harassing him. I mean you got how you wanted him to react out so why are you telling him to relax when you are the instigator?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The definition of harassment disagrees with your accusations. :drshrug: Chill out.
I have to agree with Golden here although it's not like anyone even asked for my opinion LOL yeah let me get back in my corner

You're being very sardonic and provocative when it isn't necessary. It's just adding fuel to a fire and generally not contributing. And then you're telling him to chill out, and when you're making those cynical posts, it's ironic in my opinion. Just a bit insensitive but who am I to judge :laugh:

D

Deleted member

TBH I never said Poochy was even likely, nor was I trying to convince anyone that he was or wasn't.

Poochy is a more obscure character, but there are better ways of getting your point across than telling people they're delusional and that you're the one with the most "logical" and "right" opinion. Because, y'know, that's all these posts and speculation of ours is: Subjective opinions guided by our own biases and what we perceive to be true, regardless of what actually is true.

None of us are Sakurai or a Nintendo employee, and they're the ones who are making the product and know what's happening with it. We know nothing, and therefore, can not objectively say what is or isn't happening and try to put down others for disagreeing by claiming they're somehow not as "logical". All we have is speculation and ideas, and to try and force our own onto others and then criticize them for disagreeing is kind of rude IMO.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Regardless the point of your post was to tell him to relax the post preceding the one saying you aren't harassing him. I mean you got how you wanted him to react out so why are you telling him to relax when you are the instigator?
If he told me I was just messing with him on purpose I would've given up though cause that's 100% true. One word can mean a whole lot of difference.

You're being very sardonic and provocative when it isn't necessary. It's just adding fuel to a fire and generally not contributing.
Thanks for explaining my character arc.

And then you're telling him to chill out, and when you're making those cynical posts, it's ironic in my opinion. Just a bit insensitive but who am I to judge :laugh:
I'm telling him to chill out with the harassment claims. :073:

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
TBH I never said Poochy was even likely, nor was I trying to convince anyone that he was or wasn't.

Poochy is a more obscure character, but there are better ways of getting your point across than telling people they're delusional and that you're the one with the most "logical" and "right" opinion. Because, y'know, that's all these posts and speculation of ours is: Subjective opinions guided by our own biases and what we perceive to be true, regardless of what actually is true.

None of us are Sakurai or a Nintendo employee, and they're the ones who are making the product and know what's happening with it. We know nothing, and therefore, can not objectively say what is or isn't happening and try to put down others for disagreeing by claiming they're somehow not as "logical". All we have is speculation and ideas, and to try and force our own onto others and then criticize them for disagreeing is kind of rude IMO.
No not completely. He does have a point that more people know what Piranha Plant than they do Poochy. The DLC is supposed to be enticing and outside of the Nintendo community not many people play Yoshi.

It isn't really subjective to point out that less people definitely know Poochy. Piranha plant has been featured in way more games than Poochy and these games tend to be in the spotlight. At this point Piranha plant is the Cactuar of Nintendo.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No not completely. He does have a point that more people know what Piranha Plant than they do Poochy. The DLC is supposed to be enticing and outside of the Nintendo community not many people play Yoshi.

It isn't really subjective to point out that less people definitely know Poochy. Piranha plant has been featured in way more games than Poochy and these games tend to be in the spotlight. At this point Piranha plant is the Cactuar of Nintendo.
...is he though.
He's very far from the Cactaur.

He's literally never been playable before Smash.

That's my only dispute with this post.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Equating him to Salem, a guy who is currently going on Twitter causing a lot of toxic behavior, is what I would call harassing regardless of if you mean it in jest. Whether you agree with Golen or not, he's not being horribly antagonistic and he's just saying why he disagrees with how much push Poochy is getting and refuting the arguments against that point. Coming in and poking him with sly comments that add nothing to the conversation does nothing to support that argument, and honestly comes off as mocking him.

D

Deleted member

Jeez dudes. Let’s maybe chill a bit. It’s winter after all.

Actually I changed my mind, I want to see blood.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Equating him to Salem, a guy who is currently going on Twitter causing a lot of toxic behavior, is what I would call harassing regardless of if you mean it in jest. Whether you agree with Golen or not, he's not being horribly antagonistic and he's just saying why he disagrees with how much push Poochy is getting and refuting the arguments against that point. Coming in and poking him with sly comments that add nothing to the conversation does nothing to support that argument, and honestly comes off as mocking him.
...guys I exist too.
It kinda hurts to be told if I can't comprehend a post, then I shouldn't even respond, like I'm a literal child.
Even after I apologized and tried to make my points clearer...no dice, no response as of right now.
Ariga isn't taking the best route, but it kinda hurts to see this stuff.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
look i just hopped in here because i'm stuffed with christmas dinner and slightly tipsy so i don't really know what the context is, but if y'all think they're following up joker with poochy i dunno what to tell you

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wow, it's Christmas and you guys are once again losing it.

This usually occurs whenever i'm absent. I suppose I truly am a positive presence in this thread :happysheep:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
...is he though.
He's very far from the Cactaur.

He's literally never been playable before Smash.

That's my only dispute with this post.
I mean would I have expected Piranha plant as a smash character? Hell no.

I don't think of playable as the reason he is similar to Cactuar. You could even think of Chocobo.

I'm just saying a character who is a famous
What is exactly enticing about Piranha Plant, though?
Piranha plant is not part of the 5 character DLC pack.

D

Deleted member

That's kinda it, isn't it?

Because if we actually looked at this whole thing logically, there is no real point to actually discuss what kind of character we will get for DLC as they already have decided it.
We have no way no how to change who will end up being in the roster. And no amount of speculation, tantrums, or trolling after the fact will change anything about that.

So in the end, I think it's pretty safe to say that there simply aren't any rules anymore. Sakurai and his team are different from when they made Smash 4, and they will be different the next time. The only thing that's impossible is what the licensing owners will make impossible, and that's all there is to it.

We can cry and moan about Goombas or Waddle Dees or Monoeyes all we want, it still doesn't change the fact that if it's creatively feasible (which it simply is) it's a possible inclusion within the game.

D

Deleted member

Never said Poochy wasn't niche, or that it was wrong to say that.

However, it's Smash DLC. People are gonna buy it no matter who it is to have the complete roster.

What determines what makes it into Smash is purely and simply this: Does Nintendo want it? Can they make it happen? Then it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom