• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On top of that. Richter being an Echo simply has the same moves as Simon as well as character model granted different design so not taking up too much time.
I don't think you know what a character model is because Richter's model is definitely not the same as Simon's

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Considering Capcom's series of crossovers. How has it that Super Smash Bros. vs. Capcom hasn't happened yet?
Ono wants Nintendo VS Capcom to be a thing. How about you go full redemption arc with your fighting games by doing this eh?

Also I still think it's odd Namco co developed this game yet they have the least characters when compared to everyone with the exception of SE because SE is SE and SE is stingy

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I have problems with my speech as well, it can suck. *sends virtual hugs*
Thanks a lot.

The funny part is that some of the people at high school who harass me for it always claim to everyone that they are my friends, while my actual friends know how much it makes me feel bad to the point that it is only brought up between us when we find it important to talk about in certain moments.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Ono wants Nintendo VS Capcom to be a thing. How about you go full redemption arc with your fighting games by doing this eh?
i can't wait for the advertisement costumes in nintendo vs capcom

also

Also I still think it's odd Namco co developed this game yet they have the least characters when compared to everyone with the exception of SE because SE is SE and SE is the worst
fixed that for you

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Honestly Nintendo VS Capcom would be amazing because who knows, maybe Capcom will remember the Shinespark before Sakurai does and gives it to Samus as a hyper combo
i'd take not having certain things in the game over accuracy but also money grubbing bull**** tbh

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>wanting NvC
>not MvN
>not wanting Spider-Man in Smash

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Of all the crossover possibilities these four without a doubt have the most potential.

Capcom (Dante, Mega Man, Morrigan, Ryu, etc.)
Disney (Elsa, Mickey Mouse, Mr. Incredible, Simba, etc.)
Sega (Bayonetta, Joker, Sonic, NiGHTS, etc.)
Weekly Shonen Jump (Goku, Ichigo, Luffy, Naruto, etc.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly Nintendo VS Capcom would be amazing because who knows, maybe Capcom will remember the Shinespark before Sakurai does and gives it to Samus as a hyper combo
I approve that.

In fact, any hypercombo involving the speed boots is a “YES” in my list.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
would nintendo actually be willing to get the rights for two characters in smash bros?
Yes. They've gone so far and beyond before for such and more.
the reason i'm expecting monster hunter is because they already have the rights for it, so like, why not.
Any limit themselves? Also, by that logic we'd be getting fighters from other series already owned by Nintendo or stricken a bargain with.

Here's the news: varied characters can and will sell, and given how Capcom certainly ain't SE, and how crossover friendly they are, you really want to try and argue that Nintendo could find negotiations with them too much of a hassle for more of their prominent franchises like Ace Attorney or Devil May Cry, despite the buzz they'd bring? This ain't it chief.
i mean i just also would rather have that slot taken up by a more interesting third party character instead of our fifth capcom
My advice. Don't judge how interesting a character is based solely off the company they came from.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
im just gonna **** on capcom over here because honestly **** them for the last few years

id say they at least make great games but that's not even true anymore, a good new capcom game is a miracle

D

Deleted member

I saw the Joker knife and gun debate a few pages back. My thoughts are this:

It's a very easy workaround. Not every weapon in P5 is hyper realistic, in fact, I see absolutely no reason to see why Joker's default weapon (his knife) would be too extreme when it's highly stylized and the way he uses it is not at all realistic. As for the guns, all you need to do is stylize them a bit and make the effects look cartoony.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I vote for a crossover game still goes to Jump Stars. Especially so its the closest thing people who wants Goku in Smash gets.

Plus Jump Stars in terms of concept with vs. crossover fighting game is basically Super Smash Bros. but with Weekly Shonen Jump characters instead. What more do I have to say?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

im just gonna **** on capcom over here because honestly **** them for the last few years

id say they at least make great games but that's not even true anymore, a good new capcom game is a miracle
The games they have released these days are actually good:

-RE7 as far as i heard.
-Megaman 11.
-RE2 Remake.
-MH World.
-Phoenix Wright games.
-Street Fighter collection.
-Megaman X Legacy Collection.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

They're a company that always takes a step back every time they take a step forward...

Still, lotta fantastic, iconic characters that should be in Smash.
Monster Hunter World
Mega Man 11
Devil May Cry 5
Resident Evil 2 Remake
While those last two are PROBABLY going to be good, can we please not say games are good before they're even out?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I saw the Joker knife and gun debate a few pages back. My thoughts are this:

It's a very easy workaround. Not every weapon in P5 is hyper realistic, in fact, I see absolutely no reason to see why Joker's default weapon (his knife) would be too extreme when it's highly stylized and the way he uses it is not at all realistic. As for the guns, all you need to do is stylize them a bit and make the effects look cartoony.
it's easy when the guns he uses aren't even real lol

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Yes. They've so far and beyond before.

Any limit themselves? Also, by that logic we'd be getting fighters from other series already owned by Nintendo or stricken a bargain with.

Here's the news: varied characters can and will sell, and given how Capcom certainly ain't SE, and how crossover friendly they are, you really want to try and argue that Nintendo could find negotiations with them too much of a hassle for more of their prominent franchises like Ace Attorney or Devil May Cry, despite the buzz they'd bring? This ain't it chief.

My advice. Don't judge how interesting a character is based solely off the company they came from.
my gender neutral referral term

i never said anything about any of those characters being uninteresting, i just said that i doubt they're going to spring for two capcom characters as dlc. i'm fine with dante or phoenix or monster hunter showing up but i doubt that two of them are actually going to make it in. like you said, a varied selection of characters is more interesting, and two capcom characters in a very limited set of characters feels like a waste of potential when they could grab like, goemon or rayman or something.

i never intended to imply the characters were bad, its just i don't see it happening AND i don't think i would like it. i know some people would, but its best to keep expectations low for this kind of thing

i mean the leak is fake anyway so its generally not something worth getting into an argument about

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

i dont think mega man 11 was that bad, jesus

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i dont think mega man 11 was that bad, jesus
it was alright (monster hunter world is amazing) but have you seen what they've been doing with street fighter 5 over the last like 3 years

it is one of the worst examples of corporate greed in the games industry

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
it was alright (monster hunter world is amazing) but have you seen what they've been doing with street fighter 5 over the last like 3 years

it is one of the worst examples of corporate greed in the games industry
SFV's been fine for the past year.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
They're a company that always takes a step back every time they take a step forward...

Still, lotta fantastic, iconic characters that should be in Smash.
While those last two are PROBABLY going to be good, can we please not say games are good before they're even out?
I've quite a bit of both.

They're great

D

Deleted member

it's easy when the guns he uses aren't even real lol
TBH you probably don't even need to change the designs once you make that known.

Just put in a little note in the tips section that says "lol they're airsoft" and you're good to go. And if all else fails, just color his gun red or something and give it the silly effects that K. Rool's Blunderbuss has when it fires.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Joker knife and gun argument? I don't think the knife is a problem at all, especially after Belmonts got one in their Uo B. Guns however, a tricky cause y'know, don't want any kids to go in their parents' drawers going "Wow that looks JUST like the gun Joker from Smash has!" and not realizing how dangerous it is.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
and two capcom characters in a very limited set of characters feels like a waste of potential when they could grab like, goemon or rayman or something.
Not really. All they share is a company. When vying for fighters, you really think consumers put what company they came from on the priority list? No, they don't.

osby

Smash Obsessed
my gender neutral referral term

i never said anything about any of those characters being uninteresting, i just said that i doubt they're going to spring for two capcom characters as dlc. i'm fine with dante or phoenix or monster hunter showing up but i doubt that two of them are actually going to make it in. like you said, a varied selection of characters is more interesting, and two capcom characters in a very limited set of characters feels like a waste of potential when they could grab like, goemon or rayman or something.

i never intended to imply the characters were bad, its just i don't see it happening AND i don't think i would like it. i know some people would, but its best to keep expectations low for this kind of thing

i mean the leak is fake anyway so its generally not something worth getting into an argument about
But, like not putting two Capcom characters won't give them good relationships with two companies that have equally iconic and varied characters.

I mean, just Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter would be good diversity.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Are you telling me that Monster Hunter World got a GOTY nomination at The Game Awards for no reason?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom