• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The continuous and repeated requests of the same characters over and over and over really takes the appeal out of them, at least to me.
If it helps, i can share some characters that i would love to see in Smash that aren’t that talked about:

-Adeleine(favourite Kirby character, with a moveset potential that i would love)
-Dr.Eggman.(Villain bias)
-Cynder.(One of the best things from The Legend Of Spyro games)
-Coco Bandicoot (my favourite character in the Crash franchise, even if Crash is more likely)
-Larva Metroid.(after Piranha Plant, i would love to see the Metroid in)
-Pauline.(A moveset with the Minis could be dope)
-Earthworm Jim.(A cool character to work with)
-Mona or Mike.(favourite Warioware characters)
-Beat from Jet Set Radio.(JSR music in Smash would be dope)
-Darkrai.(favourite Pokémon)
-Captain Rainbow.(I personally want him for curiosity and the references he could involve in the moveset)

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
i'm basically just trying to rationalize a completely insane decision here, i don't really expect porky, but like, no excuse for why he's missing makes any sense
I mean they're essentially just images. And considering the spirit fight where Ness's father is invisible, I don't think it's a stretch to say that they're just being cheeky suggesting that Porky is still in the ASC.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
sword does not equal gun tho. guns have a major reason not to be in kids games because a kid could get their hands on a gun and kill someone. the only people with swords in their houses are either historians, collectors, or nerds
Well, not everyone has a gun in their house

eh nevermind

D

Deleted member

Well, not everyone has a gun in their house

eh nevermind
Nobody in my house has a gun.

You aren’t wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As someone who just started Persona 5 I’d like to remind that the gun Skull gives Joker at the start is a toy from the real world and there’s a big conversation about it being mind blowing it shoots real bullets in the meta verse.

For that reason Joker might not even break any gun rule.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I can just imagine Blizzard having a heart attack set the thought of those costumes not being locked behind loot boxes. XD
Speaking of heart attacks and bad company practices, imagine if Nintendo went the mobile game route and made people pay $0.99 for each fighter not in the original 8. Man, am I glad that this game was made by Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of heart attacks and bad company practices, imagine if Nintendo went the mobile game route and made people pay $0.99 for each fighter not in the original 8. Man, am I glad that this game was made by Nintendo.
Which game did that exactly?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As someone who just started Persona 5 I’d like to remind that the gun Skull gives Joker at the start is a toy from the real world and there’s a big conversation about it being mind blowing it shoots real bullets in the meta verse.

Okay, no.
Now you're just getting into technicalities.
Joker would definitely break the "no gun rule" if he went into Smash with his signature gun.

It looks like a gun
It sounds like a gun
It shoots up people like a gun.

I mean for God's sake, you hold up people at gunpoint to blackmail them and one of the skills you get is lining the enemies up in front of a firing squad.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

"Gun rule" is just something that Sakurai needs to keep in mind to protect age rating. I don't know if same stuff is applied to DLC, but for all intents and purposes, Joker's pistols look like realistic guns, so CERO would most likely have a problem with it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
i'd rather take people not dying over a video game character being super accurate tbh
That's an issue with society itself, not the game.
America can fix it's ****ed up culture (or not considering people are dumb enough to vote for ***** like Trump) and parents can actually parent.

That's still an assumption based upon no official gameplay. I won't pretend it's unlikely for him to get that kind of gameplay, but he also has a Persona to work with. We just don't know what'll happen till it does.

We have no actual reason to believe the rule is broken until it happens. We also don't know if the guns will be more realistic. Knives were also not allowed for their realism, so I wouldn't count on them either. It could happen, but I don't see a reason to believe he won't be toned down/changed around. Sakurai has changed things that makes characters not nearly as accurate due to various situations. It can happen.
It's an assumption based on basic logic. Not using guns or knives goes entirely against Joker's fighting style.

The guns are still implied to be based on actual guns so yeah he still breaks that rule.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

As much as I wanna agree, a gun is a gun and even a toy gun that looks like a real gun will probably not be ok

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
[
Okay, no.
Joker would definitely break the "no gun rule" if he went into Smash with his signature gun.

It looks like a gun
It sounds like a gun

I mean for God's sake, you hold up people at gunpoint to blackmail them and one of the skills you get is lining the enemies up in front of a firing squad.
Bayonetta has two of these 3 thingss already and people still consider the fantasy elements of her as to why she doesn’t break the gun rule. Just saying.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I mean they're essentially just images. And considering the spirit fight where Ness's father is invisible, I don't think it's a stretch to say that they're just being cheeky suggesting that Porky is still in the ASC.
i mean yeah but that's still an assumption. we have no proof in the game of that being the case

not like its even hard to make a porky spirit fight lol

D

Deleted member

Imagine that we got Shadow, but not as an echoe, and with him using guns for his moveset.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, no.

It looks like a gun
It sounds like a gun

nah dude it's fantasy it's totally fiiiine

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, for a compromise between a realistic gun and what could feasilby fit in an e10 game, would be giving Joker a futuristic gun similar to
akechi
[

Bayonetta has two of these 3 thingss already and people still consider the fantasy elements of her as to why she doesn’t break the gun rule. Just saying.
Yeah, but there's a huge difference between this:

AND THIS
joker gun.jpg

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, for a compromise between a realistic gun and what could feasilby fit in an e10 game, would be giving Joker a futuristic gun similar to
akechi

Yeah, but there's a huge difference between this:

AND THIS
View attachment 184043
No no no it's just a little- just a little airsoft man it's totally kid-safe.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Joker absolutely could break the realistic gun rule(with bullets). But we don't know if he will till it happens. Bayonetta's definitely doesn't, as she's using fantasy weapons.

It's kind of pointless to say the rule is broken and use it as a point when it hasn't actually been. It's literally jumping the gun.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Imagine that we got Shadow, but not as an echoe, and with him using guns for his moveset.
Shouldn't they have just gone with Tails, in that case, assuming he's one of the most iconic Player 2s in gaming, being up there with Luigi?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's an assumption based on basic logic. Not using guns or knives goes entirely against Joker's fighting style.
I think just crazy acrobatics and Persona is enough. I'd love to see him using a dagger and a pistol, but not using them won't go against anything (like, I stopped using melee weapons in the game after a point).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can see them just giving him his knife for Smash Attacks and maybe different Personas for his specials if the gun is a problem.

I’d miss the gun though. There are tons of mechanics for P5 to make up for the lack of a potential gun as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Shouldn't they have just gone with Tails, in that case, assuming he's one of the most iconic Player 2s in gaming, being up there with Luigi?
Does Tails have an exact same shape and model to reference that saves a good chunk of hours and days of development?

D

Deleted member

You could argue that Eggman would be as good of a pick as Tails since he is almost as iconic as Bowser in regards to gaming villains.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I think just crazy acrobatics and Persona is enough. I'd love to see him using a dagger and a pistol, but not using them won't go against anything (like, I stopped using melee weapons in the game after a point).
steps to making joker okay for kids:
1. remove the realistic guns, replace with maybe some kind of red/white/black laser gun
2. remove the outfit, replace with something that is reminiscent of lupin but sleeker, preferably all red
3. instead of personas, have him use planes and cars to really appeal to the kid demographic

osby

Smash Obsessed
steps to making joker okay for kids:
1. remove the realistic guns, replace with maybe some kind of red/white/black laser gun
2. remove the outfit, replace with something that is reminiscent of lupin but sleeker, preferably all red
3. instead of personas, have him use planes and cars to really appeal to the kid demographic
Or make his moveset this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom