• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Then please elaborate, if you may. I mean, you seem to assume that Sakurai should tell the team "no spirit" for Porky if he's waiting to be revealed as a fighter per Sakurai or whoever's orders.
yeah, assume. there's absolutely no way we can know things for sure, so the best i can do is speculate about why porky isn't there, and the only reasons that add up (besides him being playable) are pretty stupid

i said this in another post but i would accept it if the absolutely safe capsule had a fight that made it clear that it's supposed to represent porky... but it doesn't so its just a weird oddity that could mean any number of things

i just want to know why

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My point is it'd leave room for other characters like Lloyd and such. That's all I'm saying especially if said character was already in previous similar game.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I would also add the possibility of using official alternate costumes from Overwatch events in a similar way to Meta Ridley and the Koopalings as a plus.
I can just imagine Blizzard having a heart attack set by the thought of those costumes not being locked behind loot boxes. XD

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Resident Evil was slept on because of the gun problem. Every character with a firearm in Smash has some element to them that makes them just able to not be too realistic or has explosives.

With Joker that problem is gone as he uses Pistols and Knives as his primary method of attack when not using a Persona.

Yeah, MVC already got Ryu and Mega Man, they should have put Morrigan in Smash.
MvC already had Morrigan too, Demitri time.
Midnight Bliss Marth is just Lucina

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Resident Evil was slept on because of the gun problem. Every character with a firearm in Smash has some element to them that makes them just able to not be too realistic or has explosives.

With Joker that problem is gone as he uses Pistols and Knives as his primary method of attack when not using a Persona.
i mean we don't even know if joker will use guns in smash, he could very well not

more appropriate example is bayonetta, but even she has magic guns

osby

Smash Obsessed
Representation of a group of people shouldn't even be a factor for Smash Bros. characters

Seriously, who cares? Characters get in because they are video game icons, not because they fulfill some arbitrary quota.

Because the last thing I'm thinking about while Little Mac is beating the **** out of Pikachu is who he's horny for.

Jesus Christ.
Literally, a total amount of zero people said we need to fill a quota. They said it would be cool. I say it would be cool.

That's exactly what I was complaining about.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Out of all the Capcom characters who do you think is most likely?

Dante
Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright
Resident Evil rep

Because these four I feel has the best chances tbh.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
i mean we don't even know if joker will use guns in smash, he could very well not

more appropriate example is bayonetta, but even she has magic guns
Joker not using guns would be a piss poor representation of how he fights in Persona 5.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

MvC already had Morrigan too, Demitri time.
Midnight Bliss Marth is just Lucina

We haven't seen Joker's gameplay yet. The argument may be correct, but it may not be not. I'd wait and see what he's actually like before assuming he breaks any of the current gameplay rules.

...I'd love Morrigan in Smash, I admit. Demitri would also be neat.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
yeah, assume. there's absolutely no way we can know things for sure, so the best i can do is speculate about why porky isn't there, and the only reasons that add up (besides him being playable) are pretty stupid
Pardoneme? This whole thing got started because you shot down the idea that Adeleine could get in, based off of some silly assumptions that Sakurai has a bias against the likes of her.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
The continuous and repeated requests of the same characters over and over and over really takes the appeal out of them, at least to me.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Pardoneme? This whole thing got started because you shot down the idea that Adeleine could get in, based off of some silly assumptions that Sakurai has a bias against the likes of her.
i actually meant that as a joke, but you replied to it seriously with some like, actually incorrect information, and i corrected you on that while also sharing my thoughts as an angry and disappointed kirby fan on why i don't think we're getting anything anytime soon

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Dante
Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright
Resident Evil rep

And Heihachi is out because he's "boring"?

1496177073552.png

Here's my theory: I think you're unfamiliar with Tekken in general and use your blindness to say he's unlikely because you know little of him.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Tracer demolishes Scout in both relevancy, popularity, and income for Nintendo.

She's also a lesbian, which is cool for representation. Her charactet is also pretty cool, although fron what I hear about Scout, the personality may be the only thing he beats her in.
I think the fact that she can manipulate time is more relevant for her inclusion than her sexual preference.

I wonder if it'd be tricky for the engine to keep track of where Tracer was 3 seconds ago and her old damage values.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
We haven't seen Joker's gameplay yet. The argument may be correct, but it may not be not. I'd wait and see what he's actually like before assuming he breaks any of the current gameplay rules.

...I'd love Morrigan in Smash, I admit. Demitri would also be neat.
Again though, Joker not using Guns or Knives would represent how he fights in Persona 5 extremely poorly.
It'd be like making Marth a fist fighter.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

Dante
Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright
Resident Evil rep

Regarding Sakurai giving it a good shout out like Persona 5, meeting with the creator in 2016, acknowledging his love for more creative potential with fighting styles, I'm gonna say Phoenix Wright, who has games on the Switch, new and old upcoming.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Again though, Joker not using Guns or Knives would represent how he fights in Persona 5 extremely poorly.

sword does not equal gun tho. guns have a major reason not to be in kids games because a kid could get their hands on a gun and kill someone. the only people with swords in their houses are either historians, collectors, or nerds

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Regarding Sakurai giving it a good shout out like Persona 5, meeting with the creator in 2016, acknowledging his love for more creative potential with fighting styles, I'm gonna say Phoenix Wright, who has games on the Switch, new and old upcoming.
Gonna be straight up honest. I'd actually be down for Phoenix Wright since it'd be interesting how he'd play. :)

In fact I'll even become a supporter of the guy because I like the idea honestly of an attorney in Smash. It'd be something new, different and unique.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
sword does not equal gun tho. guns have a major reason not to be in kids games because a kid could get their hands on a gun and kill someone. the only people with swords in their houses are either historians, collectors, or nerds
Read my post again, a little more carefully this time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We are in a timeline where Pirnha Plant is a playable character in Smash, Joker from Persona 5 is on the way... and the hecking adorable Poochie is the current hot pick for 1st party DLC.

Wow, some time traveller must've stamped on some ants like crazy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Gonna be straight up honest. I'd actually be down for Phoenix Wright since it'd be interesting how he'd play. :)

In fact I'll even become a supporter of the guy because I like the idea honestly of an attorney in Smash. It'd be something new, different and unique.
Phoenix Wright is already in MvC games. Why not let someone else shine? :smirk:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post; double posting
phoenix wright would be like, a character i'm not too into but i wouldn't be upset about?

idk i don't think anything can top his mvcu set

Read my post again, a little more carefully this time.

no, i read it

i'd rather take people not dying over a video game character being super accurate tbh

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

That's still an assumption based upon no official gameplay. I won't pretend it's unlikely for him to get that kind of gameplay, but he also has a Persona to work with. We just don't know what'll happen till it does.

We have no actual reason to believe the rule is broken until it happens. We also don't know if the guns will be more realistic. Knives were also not allowed for their realism, so I wouldn't count on them either. It could happen, but I don't see a reason to believe he won't be toned down/changed around. Sakurai has changed things that makes characters not nearly as accurate due to various situations. It can happen.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
i actually meant that as a joke, but you replied to it seriously with some like, actually incorrect information, and i corrected you on that while also sharing my thoughts as an angry and disappointed kirby fan on why i don't think we're getting anything anytime soon
That's a bit odd, considering how you persisted with the idea that he was biased to the point where you suggested the bits with the spirits only getting in because he wasn't directly involved with the spirits team. It if dedication for "just a joke" and wasn't helped by the fact that others seem to take it seriously.

But if you're just joking then very well.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
That's a bit odd, considering how you persisted with the idea that he was biased to the point where you suggested the bits with the spirits only getting in because he wasn't directly involved with the spirits team. It if dedication for "just a joke" and wasn't helped by the fact that others seem to take it seriously.

But if you're just joking then very well.
sometimes my jokes relay my actual opinions and then i dig a hole for myself trying to prove that i am correct

also **** i didn't even realize i double posted sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom