• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
DLC predictions:

Agumon
Crash
Erdrick
Steve
No. If any of those happened I'd change my avatar to-- well, nevermind. But I'm ALMOST willing to make a risky bet against any of those being DLC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

someone is trying to convince me that undertale in smash would be lame because the character would probably end up being frisk and they would be a sword wielder

big old no to any of that being lame
Frisk doesn't use a sword though. o_o

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I was doing some CPU practice earlier and discovered Isabelle's pocket has a way bigger hit-box than I thought.

I also discovered she's the ultimate bully to the Bellmonts.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just remembered how we could have had the perfect Spirit battle if Yoshi had not received a Crafted alt (I still like it, though).

Green Yoshi as Leafeon, red Yoshi as Flareon, blue Yoshi as Vaporeon, yellow Yoshi as Jolteon, cyan Yoshi as Glaceon, purple Yoshi as Espeon, and pink Yoshi as Sylveon.

And then my favorite one, Umbreon, just goes away with black Yoshi.

I was doing some CPU practice earlier and discovered Isabelle's pocket has a way bigger hit-box than I thought.

I also discovered she's the ultimate bully to the Bellmonts.
Because Isabelle's rod acts like a projectile, us Links can just stand there while it hits our shield. I will take that very gladly.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'll be honest, as much as I love alternate costumes over recolors, the felt Yoshi one is pretty damn lame.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I don't think any 3rd Party characters with Spirits will be DLC, so no Shantae or Rayman, nor do I think there will be any western IPs, so no Crash, Dark Souls, Dragonborn, Doom Guy, etc..except for maybe Banjo or..shudder..Steve..

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll be honest, as much as I love alternate costumes over recolors, the felt Yoshi one is pretty damn lame.
The worst part is that now Yoshi's colors no longer line up with the Eeveelutions.
Red = Flareon
Blue = Vaporeon
Yellow = Jolteon
Purple = Espeon
Black (RIP) = Umbreon
Green = Leafeon
Cyan = Glaceon
Pink = Sylveon

segillav

Smash Apprentice
Some disjointed thoughts on what I've played of World of Light so far.
I like it so far. Since I don't really have any friends I'm pretty much used to playing the game on my own anyways.
I've played 13 hours so far & have rescued 34 (out of I think 73?) characters.
I mostly play on Normal difficulty but when I really struggle with a fight I set it to easy for that fight. (thankfully that doesn't happen too often.
Galleom is the only boss I've fought so far but Rathalos is coming up very soon.
I like that characters are unlocked in areas that make sense like Mr. G&W in the retro area & Diddy Kong in DK Jungle.
I started off mostly playing as Captain Falcon but have switched over to Marth now.
The Alolan Exeggutor battle being Palutena amused me because most Spirit battles that involve her are Fire Emblem characters & such.

D

Deleted member

Accept it guys, this is the future:

You know in your heart it's true.

D

Deleted member

I hate how it's become fun to **** on Undertale, a really good game, just because it's fanbase is annoying.
As a pony fan, I can sympathize. The weird ones get lumped in with the normal ones, and everyone assumes we're all like that.

While I'm not crazy into the game, I think it's kind of neat. Deltarune looks super dope though, and I wanna play it if/when it ever fully releases.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Playing with a GameCube controller makes such a difference for me online. I originally played on the Switch handheld mode, but it screwed up my grab combos or would screw up what I wanted to do.

Now that I went back to full on TV screen and GCN controller, good god. I’m at roughly 1.7 million GSP with like 4 characters. I’m consistently having good matches too. It’s not like I blow anybody out, but it’s also matches I can learn from.

I didn’t think i’d like playing online, but I definitely am enjoying it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom