• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Mixup your recovery whenever you can. You go for the same recovery option every single time and you'll get read like a book.

Basically just upB/sideB at different times of you can.
Would Inkling's Side-B be all that great for making it back to stage, though? I know it technically gives a double jump, but it seems super punishable.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Well guys, here we are. I have to go in 10 minutes.

I just want to thank you guys for putting up with me, even when I've been intolerable. scoobymcsnack scoobymcsnack Pakky Pakky osby osby @Dyllybirdy @Arymle Roseanne thank you guys for being nice people in general, Noipoi Noipoi @TMNTSSB4 Pyra Pyra @Smashing Ramen thanks for making me laugh, @KingofKoopas @JDCabrera @Condenir @drag0nscythe @Kuon @NineS @kirbsmash Graizen Graizen praline praline @RyuhoFox @Bee Card thanks for being such good friends.

And finally, a humongous thanks to Zinith Zinith and @Sniper_Fox . You guys brighten up my day every single time I can talk with you.

Thank you all. See you in 2019! :3
Looking good Flutter!

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
oh yeah if anyone is interested in Granblue, now is a great time to start. The roulette has started

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I was looking back at Kid Icarus: Uprising because I was bored and I had the sudden realization that Smash Run was likely only possible at all because most of its enemies (and really just most of its assets in general) are just ripped directly from that game.

And, similarly, the reason it was not in the Wii U version was because the models would be too low-res to justify putting it on a home console.

Continuing on with this line of reasoning, the reason it is not in Ultimate is because they'd need to design and create a bunch of new, high-definition assets, which likely would have taken up too much of the development time for Spirits mode to be implemented.

As such, there will sadly likely not be a Smash Run where we can use Spirits coming in an update to Ultimate, ever.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No joke.

I wish Petey Piranha was playable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Saw some talk about Ultimate's intro earlier.

Fun fact! In the shot of Ike and Chrom, Chrom is doing his post-battle sword plant pose from Awakening. The weird thing is, that's not possible for Chrom to do in Ultimate: that pose is one of his victory poses, not a taunt or idle pose. For whatever reason they decided to put that animation on the actual stage for the intro, which is neat.

Honestly I wish it was an actual taunt.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Saw some talk about Ultimate's intro earlier.

Fun fact! In the shot of Ike and Chrom, Chrom is doing his post-battle sword plant pose from Awakening. The weird thing is, that's not possible for Chrom to do in Ultimate: that pose is one of his victory poses, not a taunt or idle pose. For whatever reason they decided to put that animation on the actual stage for the intro, which is neat.

Honestly I wish it was an actual taunt.
Ridley has a similar situation iirc, he does his side smash animation but without the actual attack, the exploding fireball, actually happening

D

Deleted member

I'm listening to Life Will Change right now 'cause I can't stop thinking about Joker in Smash. I may have a problem.

What do folks here think about the odds of seeing gameplay footage of him around January or February? I personally think he'll release by Spring, so I could see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm listening to Life Will Change right now 'cause I can't stop thinking about Joker in Smash. I may have a problem.

What do folks here think about the odds of seeing gameplay footage of him around January or February? I personally think he'll release by Spring, so I could see it.
If I were a betting man, I'd say very late January/early February general direct with Piranha Plant release details and a Joker gameplay trailer - probably to launch in April, and possibly alongside an April Smash direct to show off Mii costumes or whatever. They could show off Pack #2 at the end of that too (and if they're feeling saucy, do a Lucas/Roy/Ryu-type 'everything shown here is available now' deal).

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman

I think he'll be shown around the time :ultpiranha: is released. Maybe even the next DLC fight will be revealed too.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
someone is trying to convince me that undertale in smash would be lame because the character would probably end up being frisk and they would be a sword wielder

big old no to any of that being lame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom