• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So far this seems to be the rumored list.

Joker
Erdrick(or another SE character possibly)
Lloyd/Yuri
Steve(maybe Banjo)
?????

So what's everyone satisfaction with the DLC if this rumored list is true?
As long as Banjo makes it in, I’m happy with this list. Either instead of Steve or in addition too. I’m still predicting

Joker
Erdrick
Yuri Lowell (I flip flop between him and Lloyd)
Banjo and Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Joker hype makes me want to start up New Game+ on P5 but the smart thing to do is hold out for either a Switch release and/or a re-release like they did for P4.
:GCCL: Please, we all truly know who the best Persona 5 girl is.
No one even comes close.

Not sure I can justify going any other route that doesn't have "Me. Near. Now!" :laugh:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey any of you guys want to talk about Tekken? Boy it sure would be nice if we got a character from that series as one of those new fangled DEE EL SEAS the kids talk about these days.

NineS

Smash Lord
Well um...heh heh, you see...the thing is...um...

Bye!
View attachment 183125

Hope you guys have enough spackle for all these holes I’m causing!
You know, if you play it in reverse, you're actually just fixing holes.
So no problemo!

Hey any of you guys want to talk about Tekken? Boy it sure would be nice if we got a character from that series as one of those new fangled DEE EL SEAS the kids talk about these days.
Hey yeah, that'd be pretty cool. I'd kinda like Noctis from Tekken in Smash as DLC, wouldn't that be neat-o, friend-o?

Double K

Smash Lord
Never got the makoto hype. Like she was always kind of annoying or bland to me.

Ay but she did go off tho when she slapped ole girl I'll give her that
Ann was the one that I couldn't stand. Makoto's Confidant was... the second least interesting of the party, admittedly.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
I haven't bought the DLC yet, but the day any DQ character gets revealed, I'm immediately purchasing the entire pass. Erdrick would make the whole thing a win for me!

Joker is a solid choice. Lloyd would be good too. Banjo would be double-win.

Heck, I'd be impressed if every DLC character reps a new franchise.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm a Makoto fan too (well, not for Smash). The rest of the Phantom Thieves were real boneheads at times--Makoto was smart and charming and I love her.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know, if you play it in reverse, you're actually just fixing holes.
So no problemo!

Hey yeah, that'd be pretty cool. I'd kinda like Noctis from Tekken in Smash as DLC, wouldn't that be neat-o, friend-o?
Nina Gun.jpg

Gonna ask you to stop right there friend.

put the kangaroo in
THAT'S the kind of honest answer I'm looking for.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I haven't bought the DLC yet, but the day any DQ character gets revealed, I'm immediately purchasing the entire pass. Erdrick would make the whole thing a win for me!

EDIT: Yeah, I'm a Makoto fan too (well, not for Smash). The rest of the Phantom Thieves were real boneheads at times--Makoto was smart and charming and I love her.
I haven’t bought it yet either. You get no bonuses for getting it early so I’m just waiting till I have the extra scratch.

Gonna ask you to stop right there friend.

THAT'S the kind of honest answer I'm looking for.
I’m still hoping for Heihachi or Kazuya. But it’s looking more like we’re getting a Tales Rep.

Also, got my Piranha Plant DLC code. Can’t wait for that release.

What are the odds will see more Smash at the Q1 direct?

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord

I'm assuming the reps will be representing a franchise that has never been in smash. At least not widely, going off of Reggie's claim that the DLC picks will be characters "entirely new to the series". Going off of that, I assume right off the bat we're getting fighters that never have been spirits, trophies, stickers, cameos, etc.
And with the first DLC character being from a new franchise, it seems to be the case at the moment. Though, anyone who isn't from a new franchise is still potentially DLC as long as they've never been in smash in any way whatsoever.

Double K

Smash Lord

Makoto was just as much of a bonehead, tbh

She just presented herself less so most of the time. Never forget she made one of the better dumb jokes in the game.

Ryuji: "Owww, I think I broke my ass."
Makoto: "Wait, isn't it supposed to have a crack?"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I haven’t bought it yet either. You get no bonuses for getting it early so I’m just waiting till I have the extra scratch.

I’m still hoping for Heihachi or Kazuya. But it’s looking more like we’re getting a Tales Rep.

Odds are pretty high

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyway, like a said a good while ago, Jin's my choice for a Tekken character in Smash. Heihachi would be fine too, but since Jin's been my main since Tekken 3 so that would be a crazy dream match scenario if I could EWHF Mario in the face.

Bonus points if he gets the Tekken 4 Hoodie. AKA the best Redesign ever.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm still wondering what exactly was found about Jet Force Gemini. I mean I heard about it but I dont think I ever fully understood what was found.

Anyways, I think Banjo could be on the horizon. If we're focusing on characters "No one would expect to see in Smash" as Reggie said, I think Banjo would be a big win. A happy medium of completely unexpected but demanded heavily.

In other words. I think a lot of y'all are sleeping on Banjo.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Really depends when the Q1 Direct is.

If it’s January, I expect a Piranha Plant release date (with it being early February), and maybe a reminder that Joker is on the way (but not gameplay)

If it’s February, I expect a Piranha Plant release date if it’s not already out, a Joker gameplay trailer with a release date (probably mid to late March), and MAYBE a Fighter Pack 2 reveal

If it’s March, I expect a Joker gameplay trailer and release day, and an alright chance of a Fighter Pack 2 reveal

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Banjo-Kazooie would be hype; imo Steve/a Creeper would be as well, though I'd rather B-K come first tbh, even if I'd be happy with either.

Anyways, I finally finished World of Light today so I feel safer about visiting this thread and coming online in general.

I'm still wondering what exactly was found about Jet Force Gemini. I mean I heard about it but I dont think I ever fully understood what was found.
I think the Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps strings that were found in the datamine stuff were part of a list of franchises with Spirits, as there were other franchises in it that only have Spirits I believe.

I may be 100% wrong, though.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Anyways, I think Banjo could be on the horizon. If we're focusing on characters "No one would expect to see in Smash" as Reggie said, I think Banjo would be a big win. A happy medium of completely unexpected but demanded heavily.

Maybe. I would only really want Banjo in since it'd make so many people happy. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just hard to say if we'll really get a character from a franchise that's owned by another console maker. Though Banjo was planned for Melee, if I'm not mistaken, so that could be something from a development standpoint to help out, as they might have an idea of what he'd fight like.

Although, for personal preference and being totally selfish, Fulgore would be my pick for a Rare/Microsoft character, he'd be even less expected than Banjo. And if we're REALLY lucky, I'm Back(To Rise) would be one of the many KI songs added on his stage.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

>no one would expect
>a lot of people expected to see him in this entire year

im confused dog, this ain't master chief, the actual one nobody expects to see in smash. i think you're too woke for your own good

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
>no one would expect

im confused dog, this ain't master chief, the actual one nobody expects to see in smash. i think you're too woke for your own good
Reggie didn’t say “Nobody on Smashboards expects” he said “nobody expects”. As in general audiences. If you just pick some rando up off the street odds are they’re not expecting Banjo.

Plus there’s a general air of pessimism around the character that makes it so that even people who want him don’t think he’ll make it.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
YO THE GRANBLUE FES IS DOING A LIVE ROCK CONCERT OF THEIR OST

IT'S ULTIMATE BAHAMUT THEME

D

Deleted member

VERY high. 2019 has a lot of games that have barely been getting announcements or knowledge past their freakin' title names alone or logos. A January Direct might be where our Metroid Prime Trilogy + Prime 4 is at.

With the second wave of Ultimate amiibo coming in February 15th, this would be a great time to remind people to claim the limited time offer for Piranha Plant to be free until January 31st, too.

If anything, just like usual, it seems as if a January Nintendo Direct is a lock.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ivysaur’s 10th voice clip is just pure gold.

Ivysaur is the best.

D

Deleted member

People are reading too much into "characters nobody would expect." Our's and Nintendo's definitions of unexpected are bound to be different, and it's probably just meaningless PR speak anyway.
I know this is the same community that likes to speculate over furniture and boxes but still.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

My DLC date predictions:
In Q1 I think all we'll see is Joker gameplay in the March/April direct and he'll be released around April/May.

Fighter 2 will be saved for e3 and will be revealed and released at the same time there.

Fighter 3 will be revealed in the September direct and released the same day.

There will be a smash final direct in December revealing Fighter 4 and 5. 4 will release on that day, 5 will release in Feb 2020.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Reggie didn’t say “Nobody on Smashboards expects” he said “nobody expects”. As in general audiences. If you just pick some rando up off the street odds are they’re not expecting Banjo.

Plus there’s a general air of pessimism around the character that makes it so that even people who want him don’t think he’ll make it.
1.) There are already a considerable amount of people outside of this site who want Banjo. Unless all of the fan polls from ages ago are just us, I suppose.
2.) That's with literally every character though???

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I missed best Persona 5 girl talk?

Makoto is bland as hell and is the corn flakes of Persona girls. The only thing she has going for her is the fact her sister is Sae Niijima.

D

Deleted member

Also I dunno if anyone else has talked about it, but if anything aside from that Joker reveal, I think we finally have clear-cut confirmation Reggie knows about the demand for Persona 5 on Switch. He has to at least know about it from that one video Nintendo of America put up one way or another, so hopefully some stuff comes out about it soon and this doesn't become a "Reggie Mother 3" situation.

C'mon. Just do it. Please. I know it has to be in the works and there's some backdoor contract deal Atlus struck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also I dunno if anyone else has talked about it, but if anything aside from that Joker reveal, I think we finally have clear-cut confirmation Reggie knows about the demand for Persona 5 on Switch. He has to at least know about it from that one video Nintendo of America put up one way or another, so hopefully some stuff comes out about it soon and this doesn't become a "Reggie Mother 3" situation.

C'mon. Just do it. Please. I know it has to be in the works and there's some backdoor contract deal Atlus struck.
Isn't it an exclusive though?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
>no one would expect

im confused dog, this ain't master chief, the actual one nobody expects to see in smash.
Even though people thought Banjo was a possibility I feel like he was vastly drowned out by Steve in the latter half of speculation because of Hitagi or whomever. Even when he was at his height people still thought he was impossible.

Basically what I mean is, Banjo is a character a lot of people want but who everyone thinks is impossible thus unexpected. Not necessarily "out of the blue" unexpected. Shoulda been more specific.

However.
i think you're too woke for your own good
I think I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom