• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bruv I just realized Sheik got a whole new voice actor. The hell was wrong with the original one?

Is the Palutena's Guidance supposed to be foreshadowing BoTW 2.0 having a whole new Sheik or something??? :drflip:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
A "whale" is a term commonly used in the gacha community.
It refers to someone who spends ludicrous amounts of money on the product continually.

A "dead whale" is just a joke referring to whales that have since stopped spending money on the product.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, he's clearly an avatar lol. That might not even be the "base" design (but likely is). And there's probably a sex option as well.
I know that though. He's on the boxart, so like Robin and Corrin, he's the default.
but does he even have a name or is he just "mercenary"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bruv I just realized Sheik got a whole new voice actor. The hell was wrong with the original one?

Is the Palutena's Guidance supposed to be foreshadowing BoTW 2.0 having a whole new Sheik or something??? :drflip:
Probably not. :ultsheik::ultzelda: have the same voice actresses in this game and she also is the voice of Zelda in A Link Between Worlds.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Probably not. :ultsheik::ultzelda: have the same voice actresses in this game and she also is the voice of Zelda in A Link Between Worlds.
listen here buster i 100%'d that game twice and i didnt see no sheikah so there's some luigi's mansion 3 foreshadowing type **** going on

D

Deleted member

A "whale" is a term commonly used in the gacha community.
It refers to someone who spends ludicrous amounts of money on the product continually.

A "dead whale" is just a joke referring to whales that have since stopped spending money on the product.
The I'm a ****ing whale then! I'd rather be a dead whale than broke whale!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Because I didn't know better until it was too damn late.
I mean you don't have to actually spend money on the game if you... well just play it.

I've been playing it consistently for the past few months and haven't spent a penny on it. And I've gotten quite a few good pulls too.

If you have a problem with the actual gameplay itself, then I can understand that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Biggest problem with FEH is its increasing scale of "... what if we added some really stupid **** to this new unit?"

osby

Smash Obsessed
listen here buster i 100%'d that game twice and i didnt see no sheikah so there's some luigi's mansion 3 foreshadowing type **** going on
To be honest, there was no Sheik in Twilight Princess, neither. I guess that implies Sheik and Zelda are still the same person?

I think I'll stick to "who cares" for now.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In fact, the only reason I'm probably not ever going to get into Granblue is because I've been burnt by gacha before and I'd rather not relive that experience.

I'm happy to admire its aesthetic from afar though, especially with that arcsys game which I'm super into. Dual sword-guy looking to be my main.

Double K

Smash Lord
In fact, the only reason I'm probably not ever going to get into Granblue is because I've been burnt by gacha before and I'd rather not relive that experience.

I'm happy to admire its aesthetic from afar though, especially with that arcsys game which I'm super into. Dual sword-guy looking to be my main.
Granblue is thankfully super generous by most gacha standards. We'ere in the middle of a campaign that gives you 200 crystals each log in with a free daily roll.

Then we'll be getting another 2 weeks of free crystals and free 10-rolls on a roulette

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Speaking of mobile Nintendo games, how's that mobile Mario Kart game coming along? I heavily doubt that people wouldn't rip it apart if it ended up being yet another gacha game, since Mario is a way bigger deal than both Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Speaking of mobile Nintendo games, how's that mobile Mario Kart game coming along? I heavily doubt that people wouldn't rip it apart if it ended up being yet another gacha game, since Mario is a way bigger deal than both Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing.
I don't think we've heard anything about the game since it got announced.

It's supposed to be released the end of the fiscal year (which is around March 2019 if I recall correctly).

That's pretty much it.

*As of this Halloween, they confirmed once again that it's releasing around that time.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>get mario kart mobile
>play online
>have to use gyro controls to turn
>get insane lag
>have to stand in an uncomfortable tilting position so i dont mess up for like 3 minutes

Outstanding move, Nintendo.

Double K

Smash Lord
Speaking of Cygams and Granblue free****

The former game direector is on stage shilling his Dataplan for free granblue ****

HRT **** off

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
People are reading too much into "characters nobody would expect." Our's and Nintendo's definitions of unexpected are bound to be different, and it's probably just meaningless PR speak anyway.
I know this is the same community that likes to speculate over furniture and boxes but still.
To be fair, people interpreted some of Sakurai's words as "meaningless PR speak" and "his definition off 'don't expect too many characters' is only relative, guys!'", but if we can consider characters like Steve, Rayman, and Heihachi "unexpected", it's because they aren't from Pokemon or Fire Emblem, which is what some people expect Nintendo to include.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Because I didn't know better until it was too damn late.
It...

Sir I think that's less of the game's fault and more of you not being informed.

The game is pretty clear with what you're paying for and what it does.

D

Deleted member

It...

Sir I think that's less of the game's fault and more of you not being informed.

The game is pretty clear with what you're paying for and what it does.
Yeah, yeah. I'm a ****ing idiot. Thank you for informing of something I was already aware of. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to go backing to malforming my right arm, thank you very much.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, yeah. I'm a ****ing idiot. Thank you for informing of something I was already aware of. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to go backing to malforming my right arm, thank you very much.
What's wrong with your arm, bro?

D

Deleted member

What's wrong with your arm, bro?
Oh, it's just scratched up, later to be burned by the household heater. But, I'm not going to say anymore, because if I do, the mods will bury my ass harder than the Saints buried the Eagles.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh, it's just scratched up, later to be burned by the household heater. But, I'm not going to say anymore, because if I do, the mods will bury my *** harder than the Saints buried the Eagles.
Get well soon.
Burns are rough.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh, it's just scratched up, later to be burned by the household heater. But, I'm not going to say anymore, because if I do, the mods will bury my *** harder than the Saints buried the Eagles.
Hope things get better for ya man.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've been noticeably getting zero matches where I don't get a 1v1. Rather, my new issue is that I get these random ass stages.

My last two matches were on Peach's Castle and Kongo 64, but as the actual stages (hazardless).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's what I deserve though.
Sir, when I said it was on you for spending money, I meant the decision was yours and not the game's fault.

Not that you deserve some punishment for it.

You don't deserve any punishment, especially not pain and ESPECIALLY not for spending some money on a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom