• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Idk **** bout movie production but do they always put actors they aren't gonna use on preproduction ****, cause that seems kinda wack
Yes they do it's very common.
They also do "voice test" in pré-production before casting to have a kind of voices in mind with actor's voices they ain't going to uses.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
One of Toon Link's tips says "If you get dunked by it, you're gonna have a bad time"
Deltarune references Smash
It also references Geno, who might be DLC
As much as I want Sans to be in Smash unironically, the Smash references are 1000% just Toby being fully aware of the meme.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
One of Toon Link's tips says "If you get dunked by it, you're gonna have a bad time"
Deltarune references Smash
It also references Geno, who might be DLC
References shouldn't be taken as hints...

Sakurai would almost never let anyone tease a character's Smash debut before he officially reveals them

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's official art of Bayonetta attacking Jeanne with a pillow while she's butt *** naked.

They live together.

They speak more affectionately to one another than they do anyone else in the series.

The intensity of their bond/relationship is closely tied to the plot of both games thus far.

It's not 100 percent, but there is definitely more than enough to conclude that they might be more than Umbra witch sisters.
not like any of this sounds like a bad thing
if all t he smash brothers characters lived in the same house, who would share a room with who?
The obvious :ultmario::ultluigi:,:ultdk::ultdiddy:,:ultbowser::ultbowserjr:, :ultfox::ultfalco:, and :ultpit::ultpalutena: aside...how about... :ultridley::ultkrool:, :ultzss::ultrosalina:, :ultmewtwo::ultlucario:, :ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina:, and :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:
Yes I can.

:ultfalcon::ultchrom: Together. With Chrom holding a grudge over Falcon after kicking him out of Smash 4 and developing a Bromance over time.
Ew Chrom becoming friends with the ***hole who ruined his chances in Smash 4

D

Deleted member

Hot take: You can say it's possible for two women to be in a relationship without reaching.
"They live together, aren't in a relationship with anyone else, spend a hell of a lot of time together, and share a bond that is one of the main focuses of the series"

"So they're best friends is what youre saying"

Literally if Jeanne was a dude everybody would be saying Bayo and Jeanne were a thing. Jesus

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sounds like you're reachin brother
Except I as a member of the LGBTQ community do in fact know of many times a creator has sister or even **** just sibling coded a lesbian relationship.

Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune being a pretty famous and infamous one in the US. They weren't even presented as sisters, but there's an example for you.

There's also a reason the lesbian couple in the famous Broadway musical Rent has the lines ''Hey Mister. She's my sister." when they kiss in front of the homophobes in the restaurant during La Vie Boheme.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"They live together, aren't in a relationship with anyone else, spend a hell of a lot of time together, and share a bond that is one of the main focuses of the series"

Literally if Jeanne was a dude everybody would be saying Bayo and Jeanne were a thing. Jesus
If it was the same amount of "up to interpretation" I'd still be silently laughing at people for participating in an argument that can literally go nowhere because nobody can say anything objective about it.

Let people think they're gay/straight if they want folks

welcome to the smash discussion thread lmfao

and before I get sassed into oblivion by someone missing the point of what I'm saying, my personal idea is that they're totally into each other.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

Men and women are inherently different, though.

D

Deleted member

Men and women are inherently different, though.
So Bayo and Jeanne literally doing everything short of kissing and saying that they're together doesn't matter bc "men and women are inherently different?"

Like, dude, two girls/guys can show affection to each other without being "bff coded" lol

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
i would scream my head off if sans ended up in smash bros. i firmly believe there's no way in heck it'd ever happen but i'd almost be more excited for him than i was for k. rool just from how outrageous it all would be
though sans probably wouldn't be my first choice for an undertale representative. would much prefer papyrus or flowey as piranha plant echo

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i can't wait for the dating mode in Smash Bros so everyone's headcanons can be fulfilled and shipping arguments can be relevant

oh and i guess the jeanne echo or something

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
So Bayo and Jeanne literally doing everything short of kissing and saying that they're together doesn't matter bc "men and women are inherently different?"

Like, dude, two girls/guys can show affection to each other without being "bff coded" lol
Its definitely harder for men and women.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ultimate has no excuse to have more framedrops than Smash 4 . It makes zero sense
Just because you can't make sense of it, doesn't mean there is no reason for it.

i can't wait for the dating mode in Smash Bros so everyone's headcanons can be fulfilled and shipping arguments can be relevant

oh and i guess the jeanne echo or something
Oh nice, now Sakurai finally can ship :ultpalutena:/:ultlucina:, :ultmario:/:ultbowser: and :ultzelda:/:ultpeach:/everyone in game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

It's a society thing.

Lesbians are sisters/bffs.

Gay dudes don't always experience this, but sometimes we are thought of as bros.

Guy/girl friendships though? Nope. Can't possibly be friends. They are more than that.

I think it's because straight people are the prominent part of society and thus characters or people who are of the opposite gender get viewed as boyfriend/girlfriend.

Elsewise on the opposite end people don't assume someone is gay/lesbian/bi as much and thus intense romantic relationships between the same sex are born as just friends in people's eyes.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
We finally got a Possbile third poster and we actually saw possibly the face reveal of Sonic for the first time..

He looks interesting...

Image:
View attachment 182836

What do you think about the new Sonic? Are you excited for the movie?
On the one hand, I think Sonic's look here is really quite good — I especially like the fur texture. But between the non-conjoined eyes and the blue arms, I fear it's only a matter of time until some poor movie theater has to deal with Chris-Chan’s fury.

D

Deleted member

Link and Zelda have never been shown ingame to have an actual relationship outside of Skyward Sword but people just assume all Links and Zeldas end up together and I wonder why is that.
No wait, I don't have to wonder, I know the exact reason why.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Joker:
UP-B Nova explosion propelling Joker riding Makoto's motocycle into the air provides forward movement until B is released
Down-B ice mist: provides 3 seconds of invisibility while in the immediate area of impacting ice ball
Side-B lightning hands: rush forward, swipe items/null ranged, rush back
B flame whip
Final Smash: Hit them with a cat van. If it connects, all-out-attack

The goal is to have a moveset that reminds you of his party members as his power is through his connections to others.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Link and Zelda have never been shown ingame to have an actual relationship outside of Skyward Sword but people just assume all Links and Zeldas end up together and I wonder why is that.
No wait, I don't have to wonder, I know the exact reason why.
I personally just like the idea in most cases tbh. I don't think it's exactly a horrible thing.
I'm not ashamed to say I have a bit of personal Zelda bias in most games, anyway. Especially BotW and Ultimate.

But I also don't push Zelda/Link on anyone because who am I to try and alter anyone's interpretations of anyone for the sake of being a smartass.

I will not get off my high horse. Her name is Epona.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post: Spam
JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS.!..

Wtf am I doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom