• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, to all Persona fans, would you say that character's are the best part of the series?

osby

Smash Obsessed
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
I broke my long standing rule of only having one main and threw him into my mains list. Blindly. Because even if he's terrible I'm maining him.
I hope he'll be fun. I'm normally bad at characters that aren't floaty but unfortunately I'm legally obliged to main him.

So, to all Persona fans, would you say that character's are the best part of the series?
*banging pots* YES!

Yes I can.

:ultfalcon::ultchrom: Together. With Chrom holding a grudge over Falcon after kicking him out of Smash 4 and developing a Bromance over time.
Now I need someone to write this.

Also, :ultmarth::ultken::ultolimar::ultpacman: share a room and they talk about how great their wives are and how much they miss them all the time.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yes. The characters are the bread and butter, really. Persona 5 is a perfect storm to me of great combat, beautiful aesthetics, and a story that touched my heart, along with some fantastic character interactions. But like, the game is all about how you balance your social life with your dungeon crawling, so forming friendships with people around the world is how you really get invested in said world. Plus in 5 there's mechanical benefits as well.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yes I can.

:ultfalcon::ultchrom: Together. With Chrom holding a grudge over Falcon after kicking him out of Smash 4 and developing a Bromance over time.
They develop the bromance, but one of them kills someone else trapped in the same place and gets executed/turned into butter (after being found guilty in the Class Trial).
The bromance collapses. It is very sad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Monogamy is overrated

When will Sakurai stop creating weird love triangles with Zelda?
This time she's at the center of it all, which is cute. Zelda in general is super cute in this game! I love her little waving taunt waaaay more then in the last game, she's so bubbly! I just wanna be her friend lol

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Monogamy is overrated

When will Sakurai stop creating weird love triangles with Zelda?
He'll never stop, because the Triforce is literally a triangle, and Sakurai can't resist a good joke
EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
O-Okay....
Seriously. Omit character writing from pretty much any game and you'd find yourself with a very generic plot. The real strong point of writing in Persona is that how individual characters and their relationships support the plot and themes.

D

Deleted member

This thread right now:
tumblr_pez8rt4fW21satqfm_400.png

Yes I can.

You give me Falcon and Chrom as roommates and I raise you back Falcon living in the room above Chrom and Robin and he constantly makes noise either by shouting his moves or just banging on the floor and Chrom is THIS close to snapping and going upstairs with Falchion in hand but Robin is just "pls dont remember what happened last time?"

D

Deleted member

Hey how long after release was Sm4sh's first gameplay balance patch released?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
We finally got a Possbile third poster and we actually saw possibly the face reveal of Sonic for the first time..

He looks interesting...

Image:
DuTJyutUwAAhvl9.jpeg

What do you think about the new Sonic? Are you excited for the movie?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seriously. Omit character writing from pretty much any game and you'd find yourself with a very generic plot. The real strong point of writing in Persona is that how individual characters and their relationships support the plot and themes.
I see. So, who's your favorite character from each game then?

osby

Smash Obsessed
We finally got the thrid poster and we actually saw the face reveal of Sonic for thr first time..

He looks interesting...

What do you think abput the new Sonic? Are you excited for the movie?
If this is real... could have been worse. At least he looks kinda cute.

Can't say I'm excited but I at least hope it's decent.

D

Deleted member

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
There's official art of Bayonetta attacking Jeanne with a pillow while she's butt *** naked.

They live together.

They speak more affectionately to one another than they do anyone else in the series.

The intensity of their bond/relationship is closely tied to the plot of both games thus far.

It's not 100 percent, but there is definitely more than enough to conclude that they might be more than Umbra witch sisters.
There's official art of Bayonetta attacking Jeanne with a pillow while she's butt *** naked.

They live together.

They speak more affectionately to one another than they do anyone else in the series.

The intensity of their bond/relationship is closely tied to the plot of both games thus far.

It's not 100 percent, but there is definitely more than enough to conclude that they might be more than Umbra witch sisters.
They seem more like close friends in a sister-like relationship than anything else if you're not running around with yuri goggles on.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I see. So, who's your favorite character from each game then?
Megami Ibunroku Persona: Maki
Persona 2 Innocent Sin: Eikichi
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment: Katsuya
Persona 3: Aegis
Persona 4: Yukiko
Persona 5: Morgana

Honorable mentions: Brown, Jun, Maya, both leaders, Yukari, Junpei, Kanji, Yu, Joker

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
We finally got a Possbile third poster and we actually saw possibly the face reveal of Sonic for the first time..

He looks interesting...

Image:
View attachment 182836

Huh... he doesn't look too bad...
He's actually kinda cute...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

He looks interesting...

Image:
View attachment 182836

Dang it movie directors ruin everything

He looks like a chipmunk or a cat

But atleast he’s not horrendous though he looks pretty good

Sakurai had some interviews before the game was revealed.
He said he likes Persona 5. Who's our first DLC? Joker.
He said he likes Minecraft. Who might be rumored by Vergeben? Steve
Guess what another game he said he loves is?
Undertale
SANS.
CONFIRMED.

Did he really say this?
Yes be reminder nintendo is the one who pulls the ropes for the dlc characters

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH

He looks interesting...

Image:
View attachment 182836

honestly looks way better than i was expecting based on that nasty, nasty silhouette image, but it's still pretty weird. looks like the live action alvin & the chipmunks just painted blue and with shoes on

D

Deleted member

Megami Ibunroku Persona: Maki
Persona 2 Innocent Sin: Eikichi
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment: Katsuya
Persona 3: Aegis
Persona 4: Yukiko
Persona 5: Morgana

Honorable mentions: Brown, Jun, Maya, both leaders, Yukari, Junpei, Kanji, Yu, Joker
I liked Maya, Aegis, Naoto, and Futaba.
Huh... he doesn't look too bad...
He's actually kinda cute...
He looks a lot younger.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
On one hand, just because people are very close doesn't mean they're ****in'. (Junkrat and Roadhog from OW for example).

On the other, if people want to have headcanons it's whatever
When things are ambiguous it's a bit absurd to try to claim ANYTHING as objective, so anyone imposing anything on anyone else besides the author themselves is usually why we can't have nice things.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

He looks interesting...

Image:
View attachment 182836

Ok, well it's not as bad as it could have been. His feet are still too small (and his legs are oddly short there, but that may just be the shot angle), but at least now we're in "could have been worse" territory.

It's a really bad time for me to be starting to like Sonic again. I didn't care much a few years ago, but I really started to get nostalgic, and then they have no mention of Tails in Smash outside of a disappointing spirit battle (which as I've heard is Fox with a rocket belt, not the obvious leaf which would...give him a second tail and let him float.... And also that I've heard he's only three star and not primary.) and now a freakish movie...

Ehh...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Chris pratt isnt in the movie, isnt he? This looks fake
It seems to be a mock-up poster they showed to the executives during preproduction. Apparently, this poster's been around for about a year

D

Deleted member

It seems to be a mock-up poster they showed to the executives during preproduction. Apparently, this poster's been around for about a year
Idk **** bout movie production but do they always put actors they aren't gonna use on preproduction ****, cause that seems kinda wack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom