• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wanna know how the hell the plan on ending the DLC cycle. Starting off with Joker is pretty strong, but is the 5th character really gonna be able to top that? Would suck if they didn't go out with a bang
While what counts as a bang is subjective... they probably won't. They'd want people to purchase the fighter pass early, not decide that only last character is cool.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know where Inkling and K. Rool are on the map? I'm down by where Captain Falcon and Lucario were and finished the Fiora battle for reference.
Inkling is in the center of the city. K. Rool is not available until a post-Galeem area.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I wanna know how the hell the plan on ending the DLC cycle. Starting off with Joker is pretty strong, but is the 5th character really gonna be able to top that? Would suck if they didn't go out with a bang
I predict the DLC roster to be front-loaded tbh. Get people to buy the fighter pass with stuff like Joker early and then simmer down.

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
There's no way for any character to top Piranha Plant, so they might as well give up.
When Piranha Plant was revealed I was like, “They need to reveal a ‘your cool older sibling’ type next. They can’t out meme this.”

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
I’m hoping for more characters with a sense of humor. I’m so hype for Joker and they did an amazing job with Piranha Plant’s expressions. The run. I can’t get over the running animation. It’s so good.

D

Deleted member

Assuming this is okay to post because it's (kinda) Smash related:

Someone else on Twitter said that each character represents a type of Smash player:

Marina: Competitive
Cuttlefish: Parent trying to keep up
Pearl: Try hard
Callie: Just wants to have fun
Marie: Backseat gamer

This art is adorable and I love it.

D

Deleted member

Someone else on Twitter said that each character represents a type of Smash player:

Tag yourself I'm Marina's headphones

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Why do people love to rip on Pac-Land so much? Yes, the regular stage is hell to play on for multiple obvious reasons, but even with the Battlefield & Omega forms, everyone just immediately passes it off as "Ew, MS Paint Land", when stages like Flat Zone X and Mushroom Kingdom lift graphics straight from their games of origin (as Pac-Land does) and nobody bats an eye. What gives?

D

Deleted member

Why do people love to rip on Pac-Land so much? Yes, the regular stage is hell to play on for multiple obvious reasons, but even with the Battlefield & Omega forms, everyone just immediately passes it off as "Ew, MS Paint Land", when stages like Flat Zone X and Mushroom Kingdom lift graphics straight from their games of origin (as Pac-Land does) and nobody bats an eye. What gives?
bc Pac-land's og game looks ugly

At least Flat Zone and Mushroom Kingdom can be considered stylized or something

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
because flat zone x is neutral enough to be unoffensive and mushroom kingdom is classic while pac-land is just straight-up ugly

also yeah because pac-maze was better

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Because it isn't Pac-Maze
Tag yourself I'm Marina's headphones
Pretty sure I'm Pearl
I'm not really that good at Smash tbh with ya.
But that doesn't stop me from trying my hardest
It's just so much fun, I can't stop playing it.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Also it turns out *every* Smash invitation looks like that, not just the DLC fighters.

But still, cool beans. Hope they each have a little teaser trailer like Joker got. Or something that shows them receiving the invite.
Here a nice little game for everyone, how would your DLC picks be invited. Or, if you could chose how your 4 wanted DLC picks would be invite, how they be invited

Ammy would probably paint her own invite into existence, traveling to Smash at high speed, while leaving a trail of flowers

Shantae would simply get a letter from her Uncle Mimic and take a warp pad/fly on Wrench (a war bird) to Smash

Sora would get a invite via message in a bottle from across the sea, and simply open the keyhole to the Smash world.

Elma would probably get hers, just after beating fighters in a simulation, only to end the simulation and mysteriously find it in her hand. Then fly off in her Skell thinking it'll good opportunity to explore a new world, find more resources, and challenge herself against other fighters.
What are the most satisfying finish move for you?

I dont really use Cap. Falcon that often, but when you land a good "Falcon Punch", man... feels good.

That, or when I do a successful meteor smash with Falco

Sorry for my bad english.

edit: mispell.
Your English is fine :)

For me, nothing is better than pulling off Needles to Bouncing Fish with Sheik, a down Spike with Pichu, or Roy's Up-B. Speaking of SWORDYUKEN! I didn't think it was likely but I'm really enjoying Ken a lot in this game. To the point I wish I could do this:

I just need to practice my Parrying.

D

Deleted member

Here a nice little game for everyone, how would your DLC picks be invited. Or, if you could chose how your 4 wanted DLC picks would be invite, how they be invited

Ammy would probably paint her own invite into existence, traveling to Smash at high speed, while leaving a trail of flowers

Shantae would simply get a letter from her Uncle Mimic and take a warp pad/fly on Wrench (a war bird) to Smash

Sora would get a invite via message in a bottle from across the sea, and simply open the keyhole to the Smash world.

Elma would probably get hers, just after beating fighters in a simulation, only to end the simulation and mysteriously find it in her hand. Then fly off in her Skell thinking it'll good opportunity to explore a new world, find more resources, and challenge herself against other fighters.

Your English is fine :)

For me, nothing is better than pulling off Needles to Bouncing Fish with Sheik, a down Spike with Pichu, or Roy's Up-B. Speaking of SWORDYUKEN! I didn't think it was likely but I'm really enjoying Ken a lot in this game. To the point I wish I could do this:

I just need to practice my Parrying.
I think Elma could be fighting the other characters in a simulation only for the simulation to end and it turns out they were real and it wasn't a simulation (a la her reveal in Xenoblade 2) and then Mario would hand her an invite. At least, that would be a fun trailer

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Y'all talking about how level 9s are so smart but I just had a match with a Bowser Jr. where at one point he just drove off the stage to his death with absolutely 0 effort to try and save himself.

Good.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Rhythm Girl would have her's delivered to her by a Chorus Kid

Steve would find an invite in a chest, while he was exploring a cave

Min Min would get an invitation received to her after winning an ARMS tournament

Katalina would just walk on the battlefield without even getting invited beforehand

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Y'all talking about how level 9s are so smart but I just had a match with a Bowser Jr. where at one point he just drove off the stage to his death with absolutely 0 effort to try and save himself.

Good.
Did you even bother to ask him what's wrong?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Pearl looks like she’s crying so she’s basically me. lol

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Good.
If that's the case then why was Greninja, trying to use the footstool combo to lock me?!

D

Deleted member

Don't hope for too much; I think we've already proven that they've never been big on 'ending with a bang'. Don't be surprised if the final character ends up being a unique Dry Bowser or something lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Do you think the bosses from Smash Bros Ultimate are better than Subspace Emissary?
What's your favorite? Explain why.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Phoenix would receive the letter during an investigation, but would toss it in the bin.
However, Maya would later find it, and trick Phoenix into going by telling him there's a special witness in said area.

Chaos ensues as Phoenix realises he has been dragged into Smash, but he slowly gets the hang of it and enjoys himself.

Master Chief is sleeping in space on the ship in Halo 3's ending. When all of a sudden...

Paper Mario receives a letter from Parakarry, akin to the opening of the first two Paper Mario games.

Dixie gets it from Squawks after feeling lonely without DK and Diddy around. She jumps in glee upon reading it.

Crash Bandicoot would probably just receive it from opening a crate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom