• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I got to try Ultimate early with some of my "friends"(they aren't really my friends, more like aquintesses) and I have to say, Final Smash meter is OP. Being able to just *poof* and have a final smash(especially ones like Killer Wail) can be game-winning.
yeah Peach/Daisy's is op af too, just activate it and boom free fully charged f-smash

It's a fun little mechanic though in casual play, allows you to see more flashy attacks without having to wait for the Smash Ball every time

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I got to try Ultimate early with some of my "friends"(they aren't really my friends, more like aquintesses) and I have to say, Final Smash meter is OP. Being able to just *poof* and have a final smash(especially ones like Killer Wail) can be game-winning.

Edit: by early, i mean "before I have the game". Im not getting it until Christmas(and it isn't guaranteed I will at all)
Smash Meter Critical Hit killed me super early and made me a sad boy.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
What are the most satisfying finish move for you?

I dont really use Cap. Falcon that often, but when you land a good "Falcon Punch", man... feels good.

That, or when I do a successful meteor smash with Falco

Sorry for my bad english.

edit: mispell.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What are the most satisfying finishe move for you?

I dont really use Cap. Falcon that often, but when you land a good "Falcon Punch", man... feels good.

I think the good Punch is still my favorite just for nostalgia's sake, but it's really hard for anything to beat K Rool's Bair to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

IDK why but landing Cloud f-smash at kill percent is just... so satisfying. It's like you land the first hit and you can just feel your opponent desperately trying to get out of it somehow but they can't. there's no way. It's the end for them.

Whenever I play with my friends (and it's all in good fun, there's no salt or rage) I always pause and use the frame by frame thing whenever I land it. It's so ****ing satisfying

Flyboy

Smash Hero

A well-placed whip strike with the Belmonts, an Incineroar cross chop, and even though I don't play him much absolutely everything with Roy feels crazy satisfying. Also a successful Witch Time into a side-B as Bayo feels great. I never had her in 4 but love her games and I'm really surprised at how graceful and full of accuracy to her games she is.

D

Deleted member

They said they think a gameplay trailer will drop, not Joker himself.
Right, exactly.

What i was saying is that we're another 2 months away from Piranha Plant finally dropping; it doesn't seem likely that Joker is in such early development that by 4 months from now, we'd only just be seeing a gameplay trailer rather than the character already being released.

Its possible, since all we saw was a teaser and nothing about the character at all, but I feel like we're likely to get Joker in March, if not February along with Piranha Plant.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So is there any way for Kirby to drop copy abilities online or is he just screwed out of inhale if he copies someone until he loses a stock

osby

Smash Obsessed

Farore's Wind elevator. It's the best.

Honorable mentions: Rest, Zelda's back-air, Explosive Flame

D

Deleted member

For me, it's a toss up between K. Rool's Back-Air and Inkling's Up-Air. Both are incredibly satisfying to land and feel super good.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Ness's back air, back throw, and forward smash are classics, but when I actually manage to land PK Thunder 2, it's amazing. (I’d mention charged PK Flash, but... ahahahahaha...) For Jigglypuff, the most satisfying moves to close a stock with are Rest and Rollout. For Lucario, it's Aura Sphere, I suppose. And for Snake, it's his forward smash.

D

Deleted member

ooh, I forgot, Chrom and Cloud's suicide Up-B spikes are also fun as hell. Whenever I pull them off I'm just like "who has a bad up special now, assholes" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYevgb88OLI pulling off stuff like this is the main reason I wanna get into maining Chrom

too bad I never really pull them off but when I do I feel so powerful

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, uh, wouldn't this mean Richter is just like objectively better Simon (albeit in a very small way)
I wouldn't say so yet. We aren't yet sure if type effectiveness is back, so Simon may actually be better against Ivysaur than Richter is.

D

Deleted member

god I love how Chrom plays but his recovery is just so garbage

i need to practice with him lol

I wouldn't say so yet. We aren't yet sure if type effectiveness is back, so Simon may actually be better against Ivysaur than Richter is.
Wasn't it confirmed that type-advantage isn't back? They said that in the Direct didn't they?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Wasn't it confirmed that type-advantage isn't back? They said that in the Direct didn't they?
Common misconception. Only Stamina was confirmed to be gone, not type effectiveness.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Sakurai praised Persona 5 and admitted it directly influenced the design of Smash Ultimate's UI. And Reggie basically confirmed after Joker's release what I was already suspecting: Sakurai was including himself when he said "Nintendo" picked the DLC. He simply meant they weren't taking fan requests this time. Joker is such a Sakurai pick that I'm honestly surprised so many people were this shocked by his inclusion.

I think this sudden wave of guessing every random character is misguided, given that it's really obvious why Joker was chosen, even if you disagree that it was obvious he would be chosen.
Agreed. I remember people throwing the idea around of joker a few weeks ago (or another Persona rep) and it didn't seem impossible. I thought they'd focus on "bigger" characters, but it's a larger franchise than I was aware of. I wouldn't call it "obvious" but it also wasn't that out of left field, especially after Sakurai's personal feelings for the franchise were revealed. People trying to say "Well now (super obscure character) is likely too because that caught us off guard" are just being ignorant.

D

Deleted member

Common misconception. Only Stamina was confirmed to be gone, not type effectiveness.
damn well I hope it isn't back I don't want Ivysaur to be garbage again she's my favorite of the three

Though it certainly doesn't FEEL like it's back, though I'm not a tester and this might just be "I think PAC-MAN's grab is faster" all over again

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
C

Chrom has the greatest recovery in gaming history /s

D

Deleted member

For me, its the bAir punch that K Rool does. There's just something really satisfying about the slow-motion downward punch that either spikes or hits the opponent so hard they bounce back up and out lol.

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean slow motion when its the last stock and its a 98% confirmed KO that the camera does lol.

EDIT 2: Oh...gotta add to it. Firing people out of the blunderbuss for a KO is also really satisfying lol. Especially when they're not near the edge when I suck them in, but then turn K Rool around and fire them off for the 'unexpected' KO (unexpected to my friends, at least lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom